Criminal Case One Shots (Seas...

De alexlesuagz

Look, so I'm new to Wattpad, and this is my first story. Still tryin' to get used to it, so yah! (Warning: Vi... Mais

Valentina "Val" Perez
Beginnings in Grimsborough
Oaster's Arrest--Short But Stupidly Funny
Tony. Friggin'. Marconi. (Jones' POV)
The Arrow of Tragedy
All for a Stupid Dog Show
The Criminal Genius That is Tess Goodwin
Introducing...Terri!
The Man, The Myth, The "Legend"... He's Back.
"No...NO!"
Funerals...crap.
Crushing the Crimson Order
This is Goodbye
"SURPRISE!"
Welcome to Pacific Bay!
"Frank who?"
The Drug Dealer Gets Drugged with a Jail Sentence
Erikah, Erikah
It Started With a Giant Pineapple...
Hannah's Past is Nothing Great
Inner Chaos, Hence the Name
Time's Up...
I Almost Die of Shock...
Ooh, Where's Sue?
Twisted Sense of Unity
All After the Storm
Chaos, Chaos, Chaos
Center of It All
Yann Does Something Crazy
The End of The Puppeteer
So Much For "Leap of Faith"...
Trauma, Trauma
Roberto Meets a Horrifying End
Miriam Gets What She Deserves
Awkward First Time In Ivywood...
Holly Hopper No More?
Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye!
Chief Marquez Has a Grudge...?
Chief Marquez And Her Mental Scars...
Randolph's Alive?! (Part 1)
Randolph's Alive?! (Part 2)
Innovation Valley -- Starts Disturbing, and Probably Will End Disturbing
Jellyfish Lady Goes to Jail
Like I Said, Innovation Valley Ended Disturbing...
More Than One Bit Of Chaos Here...
The Thought of a Traitor
The Most Traumatizing Case I've Investigated So Far...
Welcome to the Wastes (Part 1)
Welcome to the Wastes (Part 2)
The Biggest Plot Twist That Makes Animes Look Like Children's Cartoons
Short A/N
A Quick Message From the Author

The Ultimate Rage of Some Guy...

71 1 0
De alexlesuagz

     "Thank God we're out of Innovation Valley, Val! I swear, if I see one more robot, I'll scream! But the only thing people care about Paradise City in is having fun!" Frank exclaimed. "I came here once before, and I drank so much I forgot my own name."

     Chief Marquez obviously didn't like Frank's comment. "Sounds pretty quiet by your standards, Frank! Anyway, Paradise City isn't heaven. Gambling, prostitution, drugs - the list goes on! Not only that, but the number of robberies is going up! Specifically in the big casinos at the strip!"

     "Wait, what do you--"

     Chief Marquez interrupted Frank again. "This town needs to be put back in the straight and narrow! And Val's the one to show these corrupt locals how real police work's done."

     Frank put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "And if we happen to play some poker in the process, what's the harm in that..."

     She waved her hand, shoving him up. "No way, Frank! I don't need a gambling addict on my team!"

     He sighed. "But, Andrea! That's like showing a man a steak dinner and then telling him that he could only eat the salad! Everyone gambles in Paradise City!"

     I put my hand on his shoulder. "Come on, let's go find a problem to solve, 'kay?"

     "Oh, alright. Come on, Val. Let's go check out the Strip, see if there's any crime that can take my mind off the casinos."

     "Nice work! There was a message on that casino playing card!" Frank told me. He looked over my shoulder at the card.

     I said, "The message reads, 'You will pay for this, Mr Croupier.'"

     "Ha!" Frank chortled. "It looks like the victim was as good as annoying people as he was at dealing cards. But how can we know who wrote on this card?"

     I grinned. "Russell?"

     Frank rolled his eyes. "Think know-it-all Crane can help? Alright, I guess we've got nothing to lose."

     Russell studied the playing card thoughtfully as we came in. "You know, Val, playing cards originally came to the West from Persia. They were also used as currency, advertising and as a place to write secret love letters!"

     Frank grinned and put on a stupid British accent voice or something. "That's very interesting, Professor, but the playing card Valentina found in the casino didn't have a love note, it had a threat."

     Russell smiled. "Well, I used my graphological skills to analyze the script on the message. Do you see how the garlands between the letters are curled and elongated?"

     He showed me the card with a close-up on the letters. "Yeah, I guess."

     "Whoever wrote this message is someone highly educated and used to writing in Arabic. Most probably an Arabian prince!" Russell explained. "And as luck would have it, Hannah tells me an Arab prince registered for the tournament. Sheikh Abdullah bin Faisal."

     "Say what?!" I asked.

     "Sheikh Faisal, for short."

     Russell snapped his finger. "You win this round genius. Come on, Val, let's go see why this Sheikh threatened our victim!

     Faisal seemed polite enough. "Salaam, Sergeant Perez. How may I assist you?"

     I nodded. "It's about Alfie McNaulty, sir. We found the threat you sent him."

     He snorted, and I saw Frank raise an eyebrow. "The croupier at the casino?! That sniveling heap of dung! I have never been more insulted in all my days in this country! First he seats me, a prince, at a poker table in the worst part of the room! Then he wouldn't let me keep my lucky dagger with me! He even refused to interrupt the game to fetch me another shrimp cocktail! Insolent wrench!"

     Frank suddenly spoke up. "So you threatened him because he treated you like a normal costumer? If anyone needs to get some manners, it's you!"

     I glared at Frank, but Faisal already heard him. "How dare you! I'll complain to your Commander! You will pay for that insult, believe me!"

     He stormed off, and I hissed, "FRANK. WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

     "What?" Frank responded. "I was only expressing my opinion!"

     "Well, yeah, sure, he may be an a**, but considering who he IS and what you said, we're gonna    get in trouble. I know it!"

     "Val, I never thought Paradise City would be full of gambling-obsessed, shallow, entitled losers!"

     "Never thought?!"

     Frank ignored me. "I thought everyone would be happy, but just look at our suspects... First there's Louis, who wanted to beat up the victim for helping the police send him to prison six years ago. Then there's Betty, who threatened to kill the victim when he tried to stop her from losing her money! But the biggest mystery of all is our victim himself! Was he a good guy, or a jewel thief! We still don't know what he was doing in that store!"

     I shrugged. "Robbing?"

     Just as I said that, Chief Marquez BARGED into the room, slamming the door. In turn, she scared the living S*** out of me. "Frank, I'm going to KILL you! What did you say to that Arab Sheikh?!"

     Frank held up his hands in defense. "I didn't say anything, ask Val!"

     "He says you insulted him!" She shouted. "And now he's challenged you to a game of poker at his hotel!"

     "What?! You can't be serious!" Frank and I yelled in unison.

     "I've never been more serious. If you lose, he's going to sue the force and get Valentina thrown out of Paradise City!" She continued.

     "What did I do?!" I piped up.

      Frank tried to object. "But, Andrea! He was being such an—"

     She cut him off. "I don't care! He's challenging you to a game of poker. If you win, he'll drop the charges. Ordinarily, I'd arrest the man for obstructing an investigation, but we've only just arrived here and can't afford to annoy powerful people. So you'd better win!"

     I even tried to get him out on his behalf. "You want him to play poker? I thought you said no gambling in Paradise City..."

     She shook her head. "Don't play smart with me, Val! Please, go with him! Help him win!"

     When we met the Sheikh in his hotel, he seemed more intimidating than when we first talked to him. He shook my hand (because he didn't want to shake poor Frank's) and said with a smile, "We meet again, Sergeant. Your partner will pay for insulting me!"

     Frank was definitely sweating, as he wiped his face with a nearby tea towel. "We're in the middle of a murder investigation, pal! We've got a killer to find, this is no time to play poker..."

     Faisal thought for a moment. "Well, to show I'm a good sport, maybe I could help you with your investigation. The deal is this: if I win, you leave Paradise City and I sue your police force! If you win... I'll give you a tip about your croupier's last moments. Do we have a deal?"

      I looked at Frank worriedly. Surprisingly, he seemed more upbeat now. "Deal! Don't worry, Val, no one's ever beaten me at poker... apart from my wife. But she didn't play fair!"

     One tense hour later, at the casino, I watched as Frank and the Sheikh played one of the most INTSENSE GAMES OF POKER I'VE EVER SEEN.

     I gulped as I watched Faisal pick up three cards. "I have you now, little police officer! I'll meet your bet."

     Frank also held three cards, but he didn't look as confident. "Um... I'll raise... You've not beaten me yet!"

     Just to be sure I didn't see the pain, I covered my eyes with my hands, leaving only a gap between two fingers to see.

     Faisal laughed and displayed his three cards. I winced as he chortled, "Cry, little man! Three kings!"

     Frank's expression dropped with shock. He looked down at his cards and looked up at the Sheikh. "What?! That's impossible! I mean the only hand that could possibly beat that is..."

     That was when he showed HIS three cards, and I just FELL OVER IN MY CHAIR. "Three aces! You lose, your Highness!"

     This time, the tables were turned. Faisal stared at him in shock as he looked down at his kings (which now seemed pretty puny) and said, "What?! No one is that lucky!"

     Frank helped me up as he laughed, "Sergeant Perez is, and it must've rubbed off! Now tell us what you know about the murder of Alfie McNaulty!"

     The Sheikh sank down in his chair as he muttered, "Fine. All night, the croupier was muttering to himself. Something about a jewelry store. It seemed important."

     Frank pumped his fist. "The jewelry store, again! Val, this store and its robbery must hold the key to this case! We should get back there as fast as we can!"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...