Party, Party

Por AriettieSilver

Deam Caelis is a name that circulates around a lot these days. An infamous lunatic. A lady of the court. The... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1: Let's Party!
Chapter 2: Double Trouble
Chapter 3: Nox Mafia
Chapter 4: Revenge
Chapter 5: Kidnapper
Chapter 6: Bang Bang
Chapter 7: Lookin' For You
Chapter 8: Cornered
Chapter 9: Double Trouble Strikes Again
Chapter 10: Bitches Bite
Chapter 11: Those Fucking Windows
Chapter 12: Ace of Spades
Chapter 13: And What About Me?
Chapter 14: Hook, Line, and Sinker
Chapter 15: Boyfriend Play
Chapter 16: Your Song, I Want To Hear It
Announcement
Chapter 17: Monster, Boss, Atlas
Chapter 19: Imperial Officer
Chapter 20: Deam Caelis
Chapter 21: Meltdown
Chapter 22: Jealous
Chapter 23: KNIGHT
Chapter 24: My Darling Bastard
Chapter 25: Time Goes By
Chapter 26: Dance With Me
Chapter 27: Departure
Chapter 28: Searching For 1010
Chapter 29: Finding 1010
Chapter 30: Deam in Wonderland
Chapter 31: By Your Side
Chapter 32: Return
Chapter 33: God Only Knows
Chapter 34: Peppermint
Chapter 35: Mercy
Party, Party Special!: Christmas AU
Chapter 36: My Flower
Chapter 37: 10 Billion
Chapter 38: Partners in Crime
Chapter 39: Call Me Never
Chapter 40: Sunlight Siblings
Chapter 41: Mother Dear
Chapter 42: I'm Not Him
Chapter 43: Ace of Clover
Chapter 44: Runner
Chapter 45: Spades and Clover
Chapter 46: Little Star
Chapter 47: Fishy
UPDATE
Chapter 48: Father
Chapter 50: The Love We Got
Chapter 51: The Boss and His Lady
Chapter 52: A Mother's Wrath

Chapter 49: The Love We Wanted

298 20 10
Por AriettieSilver

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating this past year. In all honesty, I had been completing my High School Certificate--in America that would be the equivalent to Senior Year. So yeah, it's been a really important year, but I've gotten into my first choice of university (college equivalent) to pursue writing professionally (yay!). I know it's been a really long time, but for those of you still out there that follow my work, I'd like to give you a resolution after these years just for you. I'll be working more on Party Party as I've just completed by first semester. Thank you to everyone who's encouraged me to keep going.

I wouldn't be here if not for you.

***

Spades' Perspective

It was the late evening.

The moon had just risen above the towering sky scrapers that lightly touched the sky with glimmering hope, the sun sunken below lively shores of drunken sailors and merchants alike. I'd spent half the day going through file after file, drawer after drawer, looking for any trace of the girl with the rabbit hood. 

I'd already guessed, however, all the records had been destroyed. 

A man destroyed by love is a dangerous beast. 

I continued down the narrow halls of the precinct, giving contrite 'how are you's' and 'good evening's, acting as a constant reminder of how everything once was. See, the pain of having memories meant that the significance of the world around you becomes a much more vibrant place. For better or for worse.

And for some people, for the deadliest, nastiest, most scornful feelings arise from just a color.

"I hate it here, I always have." Kei grumbles, arching his back to stifle a yawn.

Near the top of Nox's 12th precinct, lie memories. Cages and cells remain shut and closed, prisoners wasting away to bones. It's where we keep our most dangerous enemies, including those that threaten our heads.

And apparently our hearts.

"I hate it too." I agree, stepping into the cell for the first time in two years, give or take. "We still haven't gotten that wall patched up, huh?"

"Nope." Kei lazily slumps towards the opening in the wall, peering down into the glitzy abyss. "How long has it been since we've seen her last--"

"Stop it. You're only going to make it worse on yourself."

He stays silent.

"She's gone, Kei." I say slowly. "Wherever she is now, she's free. With us, she died. Over and over again. The person you knew died in this cell, or better yet, before we chose North over her--"

"Before Atlas chose North over her--"

"What do you want me to say, Kei?" I grit my teeth. "Deam is dead. We should've realized it the day she gave up her hood and sword for a dress and heels."

"What?" Kei scorns. "And you resent her for that, do you?"

I had to remain silent.

"Don't act like your fucking above this, Spades. You miss her. The old her."

"And so what if I do? What can I do about that?" I shout back, flashes of Deam in every life she's had show themselves before me. "She's changed. Of course she has, we all have. It's called fucking progression, you fuckwit. Deam never got a chance to live, Kei. Her parents died, her lover put her second, we were her only family and we put her second. Maybe she's out there with someone who finally fucking put her first."

The twin lowers his head. "...But she was ours."

"No Kei," I put my hand on his shoulder, albeit gently. "She is her's."

Silence roars over the room, the empty sky twinkling with tears we knew better then to shed. I couldn't bare the thought of remaining in this cell much longer, those memories resurfacing like tidal ways over rocky shores. Clenching my fists, I turn away from him, itching to get out the door.

With no more replies coming my way, I move back towards the exit. This maintenance check could definitely be left for another year.

"Spades."

"Hm?" I turn back once more, the twin standing solemnly by the crack in the wall.

"The way you spoke about her," His eyes darken. "Makes it sound like you've seen her recently.

I seize up, but I'm smarter than to show it. 

"Let it go, Kei. If not for your sake, for hers."

"Then you do know--!"

A massive 'clang' sound goes off down the hall, Kei and I's hand on our weapons, ready to draw. However, only a messenger garbed in white comes into the room--slightly alarmed.

"Sir Spades," He gulps, only relieved after we retract our weapons. "Miss Angelique is looking for you. She says it's urgent."

"Well," Kei taunts. "Go on, be the puppy that goldilocks looking bitch has turned you into."

I scowl at him, quickly leaving the dark-haired man to toil in his bitterness, 50 stories above the ground. 

***

Nearing the Lavender dining hall, I can't help but wonder Angelique's reasoning as to why she's sent a summons so late. The Lavender dining hall was notorious for being an area only used by the higher ups to keep their meetings sealed tighter than a can of apricots. The way there is a dark and fairly  unused, but it's interior is stylish, fit for the ministers that frequent it's golden sun chairs and maroon lounges.

I wait by the door for the petite, golden haired woman to let me in. 

However, something (someone) else greets me, to a mix of shock and surprise.

"Uncle Shovel!" A squeal comes from below my waist. "I missed you."

I'm starstruck. Latched around my waist is the star that crossed my sky, supposedly to never reach my eyes again. I pick her up, the small body clinging to me.

"Clover." I scoff. "How... Where did you-?"

"Oho." Comes a snarky chuckle. "So, you really do know her. Who's the lucky man who snagged your sister?"

Angelique lounges on one of the generously gold adorned sun chair, her modest white gown draping over the embroidered fabric of three or more pillows. She tips her sunglasses at me, a curious glint in her bright eyes.

Shit.

"Is there a reason this little lass has been wailing for you, Spades?"

"Is there a reason your wearing sunglasses indoors, Angelique?" I bite back.

There's a tug on my collar.

"Don't be mean to angel lady." Clover grins. "She saved me from the scary man. They want to find Ricky."

"Spades." Angelique sits poised, but with a stern look. "I'd like an explanation." 

"Well, I can't give you one. And I need to return Clover to her mother."

"You mean Deam?"

Double shit.

"Don't look so surprised, Spades." She rolls her eyes. "Her hair is similar if not the same as Deam's when I last saw her all those years ago. And Clover? Odd name choice, unless your best friend's name was of a similar scheme. Double odd how she called out for you coincidentally. And those eyes."

She pauses.

"I can only guess who's the father."

"Angelique, she's just a child."

"You think I can't see that?"

"I don't know what Atlas will do if he finds out of her existence." There's a slight tremor in my voice, and I hate it. "This child deserves a good life."

Angelique nods. "I agree."

"You do?"

"By the God, Spades, I've done some shitty things in my life, murdering children is and will not be one of them. Especially not Deam's." Her speech slows. "Deam deserves a good life too."

Clover holds me tighter. It's evident she's never heard of her mother's past, otherwise she wouldn't look so uncertain. The innocence in her eyes, it sparkles so brightly with warmth and love--it was almost impossible to believe her mother at the same age lacked any capacity to shine the same way. 

Deam had given this child a good life, so different from what she had. 

This was the love Deam was capable of giving this whole time, we just didn't bother seeing it because it's not what we wanted.

"Spades..." Angelique looks at me with pity. "Get the girl back to her mother. Quickly. Tell Deam to stay far away from Stellarium."

Suddenly, the floor beneath us begins to shake and rumble. Thick debris must've been crashing on the roof to have created as much noise that followed, accompanied by the yells and shrieks of god-knows-who outside. Gunshots can be heard, the resonance of ricochets filling my ear drums to the brink. 

I hold Clover tighter.

"Well, looks like home delivery is out of the question." Angelique grimaces. "The home has come to you."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.5K 273 32
////COMPLETED///// 👀What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Its something Athena always believed throughout her childhood. She was a softie, but...
82.3K 2.1K 46
[HisokaxOC] Emiko roams this world knowing she's unstoppable. There's no soft spots when it comes to her simply because of her need for blood shed. W...
424K 8.4K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
My pet Por Eva

Historia Corta

362K 5.3K 9
Akaashi is a seemingly shy and introverted kid but with a small secret. He has a huge bdsm fetish. So when he finds out that a secret bdsm club has o...