On the Court #Wattys2015

Bởi themoneb

The color of his skin didn't matter. With his heart on his sleeve and panty-melting smile, she fell for him... Xem Thêm

On the Court
CH 1: Coffee shop soundtrack
CH 2: Cheer Shorts
CH 3: Wolfpack!
CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party
CH 5: Our Hang Out
CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused
CH 7: Wilmington Blossoms
CH 8: The New Things
CH 9: A Year Older A Year Wiser
CH 10: Assumptions
CH 11: My First
Ch 12: The Story Begins
CH 13: A Visit
CH 14: It's Time
CH 15: The First Year
CH 16: The Third Year
CH 17: The Fifth Year (part one)
CH 18: The Fifth Year (part two)
CH 19: The Fifth Year (part three)
CH 20: Another Go
CH 21: To Gain And Lose
CH 22: A Valentine Love
CH 23: A 'Yes' Would Suffice
CH 24: To Stir and Let Sit
Epilogue
Extra: Happy Father's Day
Extra: Growing Pains
Extra: It's Not Always Sunny
Extra: Can't Leave It Alone

Extra: The Other Generation

2.2K 60 20
Bởi themoneb

Play video when instructed. Enjoy!

Aurora, now thirteen, is attending her first party. Not a party where loud music would bang against the wall or booze being passed from kid to kid. It was a semi-mature birthday party. It was Joseph's friends fifteenth birthday and Toni said that if Rory can't go, he can't go. He hated that of course and has ditched her every possible way since they got there.

She was held up in a corner nursing some fizzy fruit punch. It was gross. Even more since she decided to go on a low sugar diet and sweets were foreign to her. Damn Ricky for not having water in his house.

"Hey, Aurora, come on!" she heard Tally say, an annoying classmate of hers who so happened to be Ricky's little sister.

"For what?"

"Playing stupid party games. I wanna play but I don't want to be the only eighth grader."

"Alright," Rory shrugged, following Tally into the living room. They all just lazed around on the couches and the floor. She sat next to Tally on the floor and looked at her surroundings. Seemed as if everyone was here, even Joseph, the worst brother ever, and Leo, no comment.

Growing up together was supposed to be a trio of sorts but instead Leo was just always caught in the middle of the two. Rory didn't understand how her and Joseph fell out. She remembered faintly that they used to be close. Then one day, Joseph just stopped liking her. She felt like she lost her best friend.

Leo was there for her though. He wanted all three of them to play together but took turns instead. Playing basketball with Joseph to playing Prince and Princess with Rory. He didn't mind either of them, especially when Rory and him would always kiss. Those princy games stopped about two years ago when they were getting a bit too touchy and Jeremy walked in on them. He was mad, yes, but Luna was deranged. She flipped bricks. Whatever lecture they both got that day worked because they haven't really hung out since.

Seeing him tonight though sort of made her happy because she felt like she was with her true friend again. Joseph, she knew, was a lost case but Leo was still a friend to her.

"Alright so, what? Truth or dare? Seven minutes?"

"Seven minutes!" All of them said at once.

Rory was bored. No one wanted to give up the only two eighth graders at the party. It's not like they were any huge gaps in age difference. It was the start of the new year and surrounded by a bunch of ninth graders she felt even more dumb.

It was Tally's turn to spin on who would go next. It landed on Rory. Rory side glared at her, silently telling her to pick someone already so she could get it over with. Tally grinned, "Leo."

Rory almost chocked on her on spit. "You little shit," she hissed.

"Uh..." Leo stammered, scratching the back of his neck. Joseph rolled his eyes but really wanted to say something about his friend going to make out with Rory.

"Go on!" Ricky urged.

Rory and Leo both left to the back room and stood awkwardly in front of each other. "We don't have to do anything if you don't want," Leo assured her. 

Rory raised her brow as a smile spread on her lips, "Oh really?"

A laugh escaped him, "I'm just saying."

"And what exactly are you saying?"

"You tell me, Princess Aurora."

"Oh shut up!" she laughed, slapping his arm.

"Joseph is spending the night Friday. You should come over Saturday."

"To hang out?"

"Sure," he shrugged.

"I don't think your mom likes me anymore."

"Your dad seems to not like me either but whatever. We're just friends, right?"

"Yep," she nodded. "I'll have to ask first. I'll tell you after school Monday, okay?"

"Sure, " he chuckled, "Such an eighth grader."

"Whatever, freshman."

"Hey! I'm in the big leagues now. Officially in high school."

"Still can whoop your ass in COD."

"Not fair, you know I suck at first person shooters."

There was a knock on the door, "You have three minutes!"

Rory rolled her eyes, "People are so immature." She picked at her nails and conversed with Leo for the remaining time. When they both walked out though Tally was frantic running up to them both.

"I'm so sorry, Aurora. I swear it just slipped."

"What are you talking about?"

"Aurora you never told me you were a basket case," Tiara, the twisted bitch that was obsessed with Joseph, said.

"What," she hissed.

"Tally here blabbed about you and Leo, how cute, and in asking Joseph about his precious little sister, you know what he said?"

"Joseph?" Rory whispered, staring at him. He turned away from her.

"He said you like to use your skin as a canvas. So show us."

"What? No."

"Stop, Tiara," Leo said, going towards Joseph and pushing him on the shoulder.

"No way, I gotta see this," she laughed and started to grab at Rory. Others too.

"Stop it!"

***

"I don't have anything to say to you," Toni croaked, shaking her head. She turned into Darren's chest and continued to cry.

"Mom?" Elena, now nine, worries about her mothers tears. Darren cleared his throat, "Take your brother and go upstairs." Elena nodded, took Micah's hand and left upstairs.

"Both of you, sit."

Toni and Darren sat across from each other and Joseph and Rory did the same. Rory winced, pressing the ice pack harder onto her cheek. Joseph tapped at his glass of water while Rory stared down at hers.

"Say it," Darren snapped. "Say whatever the hell you're thinking."

"There's nothing to say," Joseph mumbled.

"Speak up!"

"There's nothing to say, dad! Her and Leo got called out and that's what happened."

"You're telling me that your sister got--for lack of a better word, beat--because of some shit with Leo?"

"No, I-"

"He told them about me cutting myself. Told them I was a basket case." Rory's voice was hollow and quiet.

"But that hasn't been happening recently, right?" Toni was shaking, concerned for her daughters well being.

She shook her head, "No."

"Who in the hell could you trust so much that you tell our family's business to them."

"Doesn't trust her," Rory said, "He's just sprung on her since she gave it up."

Joseph's eyes widened, "Shut up!"

"How did it feel losing your virginity to the school's whore."

"Joseph," Toni gasped.

"Oh god," Darren groaned, running his hands through his hair.

"You know what Rory? Fuck you!"

Darren's veins nearly burst from anger. "Watch your damn mouth, boy! What is your problem?"

"She's my problem!" He glared at Rory and started yelling at her. "Guess what, Aurora, you don't belong here! Don't you think it's a little strange you're the only fucked up one here?"

"Shut up!"

"Maybe it's your real mom, huh? She was probably high throughout her whole pregnancy!"

"Joseph!" Toni screamed, "Go upstairs, to your room, now!"

***

The next day after school Joseph came home to dinner. Rory had stayed home that day because she was still bruised and had refused to go. It was a silent dinner.

"Rory, how about I run you a bath later," Toni murmured lowly but the rest hears her anyway.

Joseph rolled his eyes, "Don't baby her."

"Fuck you," Rory growled.

"Hey, don't speak to your brother that way."

Rory banged her hands on the table as she stood. With tears in her eyes she roared, "He is not my brother!"

***

At sixteen Rory was the outsider. Not only at school but at home too. It was by choice, of course, and she was fine with that. She had given up dance years ago and took up music instead. Privately of course. She likes to sing and bought herself a keyboard to learn to play. She's alright at it but she rather sing.

There's a talent show for her school next month with a three-hundred dollar first prize. Over the years she's been saving up and this prize will be a bonus. She wants to go and money is exactly what she needed.

She was setting up her keyboard to practice her song when someone knocked on her bedroom door. "Come in."

Leo opened her door and leaned against the door jam as he gazed at her. Rory rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

He shrugged, "You cancelled, again."

"I've been busy."

"You've been a recluse for the past few years. I've been trying to make amends with you and you keep shutting me down."

"Leo just get out."

"No." He closed the door behind him and went over to sit at the edge of her bed. "What are you doing?"

"Practicing."

"For what?"

"Talent show."

"You're actually going to do that? I heard only attention seeki-" Rory glared at him, making him clear his throat, "I mean, talented young people."

Rory scowled and slapped at his arm. "Stupid."

"I'm just saying. It's more of a freshman thing. You're a junior. Join a club or somethin'."

"In April? You're funny. I'm just doing it for the prize." She sighed, "I really need it."

"It's like three-hundred right? What do you need that for?"

Rory ran her hand through her blonde ringlets, contemplating telling him or not. "You have to promise you won't tell ."

Leo's eyes slacked, "Is it bad?" His voice was low, worry laced through it.

"It'll be good for all of us I'm sure."

"Tell me, Ror."

"Well...I'm going to DC to see my dads grave and my grandparents. We've recently...reconnected."

"How long will you be gone?"

She looked down at her lap, "As long as possible."

"Rory, what the hell? Are you serious? You're gonna run away?"

"Yes, is that problem?" she smartly replied, rolling her eyes.

Leo's face twisted. Of course it was a problem for him. Instead of voicing his opinion that he knew wouldn't matter anyway, he shook his head and croaked out, "No."

"Good, now if you'll excuse me I have to practice-"

"I'll help you."

"What?"

"I'll help you with the song. You'll have a better chance."

"And for what reason would you want to help me?"

He shrugged, "Just wanna help and this way you'll have no excuse to not hang out with me."

A smile formed on her lips. Leo could be so...cute. It wouldn't be so bad though to have him help. At least she'd say she had one good friend this whole time.

***

"I can't believe you're dragging me down here," Rory groaned, plopping down on her living room couch.

"You need air," Leo laughed, "You're room is starting to smell like period."

Rory gasped, "It is not! I got off mine last week."

"I know. I brought you heating pads five days straight."

She face palmed, "Gosh, you're embarrassing."

"It's my job. Anyway, I brought a guitar because I thought that it's more of an acoustic song. You can still play your keyboard but I'll play the acoustic."

"I didn't know you played."

"I don't," he smiled, "but I'll learn."

"Leo, that's unnecessary."

"I don't mind," he grinned. "Anything for you is worth it."

Rory stared at him with heat flourishing on her cheeks just as red spread across his in realization of what he said. It got pretty quiet. He cleared his throat, "So yeah, let me just search for the notes."

The heat from their gazes met each others every other second. It was like neither could resist the pull. Blue to green like a mixed ocean current. She couldn't stop freakin' blushing.

"So two weeks left 'til the show."

"Yep," she nodded. "I know I keep saying it but thanks for helping me."

"You're the one with all the talent. I'm just back up. And yes you keep saying it so stop," he laughed.

"Oh Leo I'm just a damsel in distress that is ever so thankful for your help. How could I ever repay you," Rory said in a mock southern-belle accent.

"You just think you're so funny."

"I'm very funny actually. Thanks for noticing one of my many attributes," she teasingly said and--from some crazy, hormonal part of her--kissed his cheek. She froze as a little whimper escaped her lips. Leo looked at her and slightly gulped. "Uh..." she couldn't even form proper words. He looked into her eyes, then down at her lips. She found herself wanting to get closer so she leaned in.

"Leo?"

They awkwardly separated and looked at whoever was standing at the living room door way.

"Oh, hey, Joseph."

"Uh...Hi. Do you just come over randomly now?"

"Actually I came over for Rory."

"I see." Joseph was irritated and it was all over his face. He crossed his arms and nodded towards Rory. "So you're messing around with her now?"

"No," Leo shook his head. "I'm helping her out with something."

"What? With her virginity?" he smirked.

"You asshole!" Rory screeched, jumping up from the couch and barreling towards him. Leo went after her, holding her by the waist to get them apart but she was a wild one. She pushed at him and punched at his chest but nothing knocked him down. His slap to her face knocked her down though, making her fall from Leo's arms.

"What the hell, Joseph!" Leo went down to see Rory on the floor holding her cheek. He tried to pry her hand from her face but she didn't want him to see. She knew it was bad.

"Stop Ror, let me see."

When she did move her hand they both winced. Joseph shook his head and ran his hands over his face. "Oh, shit."

"Don't just fucking stand there, you ass. Go get an ice pack," Leo snapped at Joseph, waiting for him to go. He tried to comfort her but she was so loopy. "Hey, Rory, look at me." "Wha?" He leaned down and kissed her good cheek. "Right back at you, right?" She struggled to give a half smile.

Leo looked back when he heard a shuffle and saw Micah and Elena peeking around the corner. "Is she okay?" Micah whimpered. Leo nodded. Elena had other choice words, "I'm tellin' mom!"

Ugh, Pre-teens.

***

"Do I look okay?" That was her third time asking and if she asked one more time Leo thought he'd pull his hair out.

"You look perfectly fine."

"You're not just telling me that to calm my nerves. We're on next, there's no time for maybe."

"I know," he smiled, "And I'm not."

"Does the makeup look fine. It's not too caked on or anything?"

"No." Even though it took a lot of cover up to hide the bruise on her cheek, it didn't look bad.

"Thanks Henry," they heard the administrator announce, "Now here's Aurora Rivera and Leo Marks with Dog Days."

"Ready?" "Have no choice, do we?" "Leo, stop it." "Kidding, come on."

They both walked out on stage and Aurora set up the mic to the piano while Leo took a stool next to her with his guitar.

He tapped his foot and counted, "One. Two, Three."

[Play Video]

Happiness hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
With every bubble she sank with her drink
And washed it away down the kitchen sink

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
The horses are coming
So you better run

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father
Run for your children, for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses?
'Cause here they come

And I never wanted anything from you
Except everything you had and what was left after that too, oh
Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back
Struck from a great height by someone who should know better than that

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses?
'Cause here they come

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father
Run for your children, for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses?
'Cause here they come

Rory let out a breath when she was finished and smiled when the auditorium clapped. She felt an arm around her waist. "And done. Just like that." She nudged him, "Shut up." They grabbed each others hand and left off stage.

In their seats with their families, they smiled ear to ear. Rory was proud of herself and so was Toni. She was the first to attack her with kisses and hug the life out of her. Darren brought her in to his arms and kissed the top of her head while Micah and Elena hugged her sides. Joseph kept seated and awkwardly smiled towards her. She didn't return it.

Leo saw this while being congratulated by his own family. He hoped that this new affection would make her stay but he had doubt that it would. He wanted her to stay.

They were starting the awards and Rory was all jittery. "Girl, calm down," Toni whispered.

When they did give out the first-place award Rory and Leo won...of course. It wasn't the cheers and claps she heard that made her buzz or the next set of hugs she got as she made her way into the isle. It was when Leo grabbed her face, told her with a childish grin "We did it, Ror!", and kissed her. Like really kissed her.

She sighed against his lips and grasped the cloth on his shoulders. He moved a hand to her hip and drew her body in closer while parting his lips to feel more of her.

Luna gasped and opened her mouth to chastise him when Jeremy clamped a hand over it. "Sh, just let them for once."

Darren's eyes narrowed and he made a move towards them when Toni grabbed his wrist and yanked him back, "Don't you dare."

Micah and Elena were making kissy noises and giggling.

Rory moaned and moved her hands to his hair, pulling at the strands.

"Um," The administrator cleared his throat through the mic, "come get your award."

Leo pulled away, "Now it would be a waste if we won and didn't accept our award."

"Right," she breathed out.

On stage when holding their prize Rory whispered, "We should...hang out later." "Sure, where do you wanna go?" "Your place," she innocently said, looking up though her lashes. "Uh...Uh, yeah."

***

"Are you nervous?"

Rory breathily shook her head, "Not really." Then went back to kissing him.

Leo was nervous. Beyond nervous. What if he hurt her? What if it wasn't good for her? He never really had the best track with girls in bed. All of the two before Rory.

Rory was now laid on her back with only her panties and bra. "Stop staring at me like that. Now you're making me nervous."

"Sorry," he breathily laughed. "Ironically, I'm the one that's nervous."

Rory was confused, "Why?" She reached up and ran her fingers down his cheek. He laid his body on top of hers and sighed. "Do you not want to do this?"

"No," he shook his head, "That's not it. I just don't wanna hurt you."

"Leo it's inevitable. I want this and I can feel that you want it too."

"I'm a teenage boy and I can't help it when you're rubbing against me."

Rory laughed and kissed his cheek, "We should take care of that then."

He smiled, "I guess so. We have to be quiet though, my parents are downstairs watching a movie."

They weren't that quiet. Rory had a high pain tolerance so that little pinch feeling didn't bother her and when it went away, she couldn't help but make some noise. She branded Leo with her nail marks and really stroked his ego with her bucking, whimpering and crying out his name. He couldn't last long with her and was so glad that it didn't take much time to make her come because he could barely hold it. When they were finished Leo deeply kissed her and peppered his lips all over his face. Rory breathily laughed and smiled up at him, "Let's do it again."

Laying with him, only nine at night, she couldn't help but feel happy. It's been a while since she felt that way.

"That check is in my back pocket for whenever."

"You keep it," she mumbled, nuzzling his chest.

"I thought you needed it. You have enough already?"

She leaned up on her elbow and looked down at him. "No, you can have it because I won't need it. I'm not leaving."

"Really?" he grinned. She nodded.

 "Good, now I don't have to get on my knees and beg." She laughed, "Oh, I don't know, I would prefer you still do that." He sighed and got out of the bed, naked and all, and got on his knees, "If this is what makes you happy."

 "Leo!"

***

"Goodnight."

 "Goodnight," Rory pouted. 

"Your dad said eleven. It's 10:58. I'm trying not to die." 

Rory rolled her eyes, "He's over dramatic. It's not like we-"

 "I think we did his exact fear of you doing." 

"Yeah, you're right." 

He smiled and put his face into her neck, "I deflowered his little girl." "Leo!" "It's true."

They kissed one last time before Leo went to his car and drove off. Rory went inside the house and was greeted by Toni at the dining table.

"Hey."

"Hey, honey, how was Leo's?"

"How do you know I went to Leo's?" She had just told them she was going out.

"Luna called me," she smirked and then mouthed 'You were loud'.

Rory flushed.

"You are my daughter so I can't blame you, right?"

Rory gagged. "Oh gross! I could've gone the rest of my life without that image."

"You know I'm kidding. Go upstairs and get cleaned up before going to bed."

"Okay, goodnight mom." Rory went upstairs. After her quick shower she went to her room to find Joseph standing there with her duffel bag. She bit at her lip and looked away.

"You're running away?"

"What's it to you?"

"You can't just leave. What would mom think? Or dad?"

"You made it clear that they weren't my parents."

"Look, Rory, I'm sorry. I was just mad for no reason and if you left-" he choked up, his eyes starting to water. "If you left it wouldn't be the same."

"Joseph..."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry just please don't go." He started to cry which triggered her tears. She stepped towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm not leaving. I swear it."

He sighed and hugged her back. "Good." He kissed the top of her head. "I'd die if you left, Looney."

Now those were the good things of her past. Looney, because she was just that crazy.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

385K 12.2K 35
"come on Nina we have at least an hour until I have to take you home" I was nervous as hell I just didn't want to admit it I mean he's a senior what...
43.1K 875 41
Kendall has extreme trust issues which influences her to hurt the one who loves her most, her boyfriend Michael. Together their like a natural disast...
87.5K 5.1K 56
I look out into the parking lot and squint to make sure I'm not going crazy. Walking up with a bouquet of flowers is Justin. He's wearing a muscle te...
515 28 18
"Good luck out there, Jerk!" I said smiling. "Thanks, Toni!" He said smiling as well. His hands were now on my waist. He was super close to me right...