Heart of the past ✔

By MelodyT24

Book one of the past series Highest ranking #1 in blackmail out of 2.5k books on (03/08/2020) #1 in past out... More

Prologue- The beginning
CHAPTER 1- We meet again
CHAPTER 2- The bitch who left me
CHAPTER 3- A living hell
CHAPTER 4- An act of revenge
CHAPTER 5-perfection
CHAPTER 6-problem unsolved
CHAPTER 7-sorry but not sorry
CHAPTER 8-i thought you were sick
CHAPTER 9- A weekend to remember
CHAPTER 10-The elevator
CHAPTER 11- The elevator(2)
CHAPTER 12- can we be friends again?
CHAPTER 13-i'm sorry
CHAPTER 15- fight song
CHAPTER 16- paris
CHAPTER 17-laughter and tears
CHAPTER 18-Falling to pieces
CHAPTER 19-Fate
CHAPTER 20- A new birth
Authors note
CHAPTER 21-A new beginning
CHAPTER 22-The news
CHAPTER 23-Affair with the boss
CHAPTER 24-Advise went wrong
CHAPTER 25-Bleeding heart
CHAPTER 26-Truth revealed
CHAPTER 27-i'm a mess
CHAPTER 28- A good deed
CHAPTER 29- We need time
CHAPTER 30- No more sad days
EPILOGUE- Forgiveness is the key
Law and justice

CHAPTER 14- Hospital

569 20 0
By MelodyT24

Dylan POV

I could feel Amelia's emotions as I drove out of the company.  she looked sad and she wouldn't stop crying. I had to drive fast to her apartment. with the rate I drove, one could think I was a deranged man.

"Turn left here" she pointed at the left side of the road. I looked at the street and couldn't believe she was staying in a place as bad as that. The houses were built with no space and a waste bin was in front of every house. When we got to a point she signaled for me to stop.

"Right here, wait inside the car Dylan. I have to get my mum," she opened the car door and tried to rush out but I stopped her. 

"Calm down Amelia. Wait, breathe in and out, "I advised her because she looked like she could faint. she did the breathing and bolted out of the car without listening to any of my words.

Amelia never listens.

I waited in the car for a few minutes and when I didn't see her I came out of the car and walked into the apartment. As I neared the apartment I caught a suspicious figure lurking around the apartment. I couldn't see the person's face but I knew the person was there for a purpose. I quickly rushed into the apartment and met Amelia on the floor unconscious.  Her mother sat beside her crying. When she finally noticed my presence, she shouted at me but it wasn't me she was shouting at, she was shouting at something else or someone else.

"Are you alright ma'am? " I asked her but she continued screaming. "Okay I'll help you now, I'll take your daughter to my car then I'll come back for you" I assured her. I carried Amelia and rushed outside to where my car was parked, I put her safely into the car and rushed back to get her mother.

As I rushed back into the house I had to cover my nose to stop the smell, something was burning and it didn't look good.

"Come ma'am we have to leave now, "I told her but she protested. I coughed out because the smoke was getting too much. "We have to leave now please"I begged and finally she agreed to come out with me. We both walked out of the house. As I neared my car, a blast sounded and threw both of us away with force. I landed on my chest and groaned out in pain, for some minute I couldn't hear anything or feel anything and when I finally did, I heard the sound of sirens coming towards our direction but before I blacked out I saw a black hooded man watching from afar and then I blacked out...

**
The next time I woke up was on a hospital bed, I held my head as I struggled to stand up.

"You might wanna lay back there," a voice said.

I struggled to open my eye and saw a worried Larry staring at me. "You know for a man, you sounded like a weak baby "he teased and punched my hand.

"Ouch, Larry that's hurt. I'm an injured person you know, "I glared at him but he only chuckled "Where is Amelia? "I asked because I needed to make sure she was okay.

"She is okay, she is with Sophia right now" he informed me ...

"How about her mother? "I asked to make sure she was okay.

"Well, when the blast went off she was hit pretty bad and because she is deaf, it affected her a lot," he explained.

"Wait. She is deaf but Amelia never...."I said and Larry finished the sentence for me.

"Told you right, well she only can explain why she didn't tell you," Larry patted my back in a manly way. "I must say, you were a hero. You saved two people," he chuckled and stared at me for a second before saying anything. "I was wrong about you Dylan and because of this our relationship was destroyed. well I'm sorry Dylan," he begged.

I had to blink twice to be sure of what had happened.
I couldn't believe Larry banks begged me. I couldn't say anything and just burst out laughing.

"What are you laughing at? he raised his brows in confusion.

"Well, the fact that Larry banks are begging like a lady, "I teased.

"If you weren't laying on that bed Dylan, I would have given you a broken nose by now "he threatened and we both burst out laughing.

"I'm also sorry Larry, "I told him and he pulled me for a friendly hug.

"It's nice to see both of you bonding," Sophia clapped as she entered the room.

"Hey babe," Larry rushed to her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey Dylan, having fun being sick" she teased.

"I'm not sick Sophia I'm just injured, "I told her but she only laughed. Just then Amelia entered the room with her head bowed, she was looking at the floor and I wondered why.

"Amelia" I try to sit up but couldn't cause of the pain in my chest.

"Lay back Dylan," Amelia requested. she walked to me and help me lay on the bed. "How are you feeling? "She asked.

"Fine, how about you? When I entered your apartment you were already on the floor. did you see the person that knocked you out? "I asked

"No, when I entered the house I got attacked from the back and then I woke up a few minutes later in your car. Thank you for going back to save my mum," she thanked me and I smiled at her.

"How is your mum? "

"Well the doctors are preparing her for surgery as we speak" she replied sadly.

"And how is she? Is she going to be fine" I asked her.  she bent her head and shook her head. "Amelia tell me what going on? Is she going to be fine? "I asked her again.

"Amelia why don't you tell him? he might help you" Larry encouraged.

"What help? What is going on? "I asked in frustration and confusion.

"My mother had been temporarily deaf for a while now and I have been saving money for a long time for her surgery but the blast had done something worse, the doctor told me that we have to perform the surgery today else she might lose her hearing totally and even with all my savings I still haven't gotten half of the payment and Larry was kind enough to help with half of the money but it not enough. it's not as if I'm complaining I just want my mother to be fine. "she burst into tears as she finished her explanation.

"Why didn't you tell me, Amelia? I could have done something "my words came out like a whisper.

"I didn't want to be a burden to you!! "she yelled.

"You are not a burden to me, we are friends remember and friends always have each other's back," I told her and grabbed her hand. "I'll do whatever I can do to save your mother, can I speak with the doctor? " I asked and she nodded.

"We will go get the doctor, come on babe," Larry said and walked out with Sophia leaving Amelia and me alone.

"You are were never a burden to me Amelia, I'll always help you," I assured her.

"Thanks once again and I'm sorry for yelling at you. "she said smiling widely.  I looked at her and smiled back because I love seeing her smile.

The doctor came back a few minutes later and after sorting out the bills, Amelia's mother was wheeled into the theatre for surgery.

"Let's hope for a miracle," the doctor said.

"Do all you can doctor, get the best surgeon or something I'll pay for everything. That woman has to be fine, " I told the doctor and he gave a word of encouragement.

"We will try our best, "he said and walked out of my room with Amelia trailing behind.

"Amelia "I called her and she turned to face me. "She gonna be okay," I mouthed and she smiled. When they left the room I felt dizzy and fell back to sleep.

The noise and shouting woke me up from sleep. My eyes fluttered open and when I looked towards the entrance,  I could see my mother and Larry arguing.

"How dare you not inform me about my son's accident until I saw it on the news, "my mother shouted at Larry.

"Rebecca, calm down, please. He was found by the police and bought in here," Larry tried to explain but my mother kept screaming.

"Where is that witch that is after my son's life? Where is Amelia? "She roared.

"Mum that is enough "I shouted weakly. They all turned to look at me. Anna who was also in the room rushed to my side.

"My love, are you alright? "She asked and I nodded.

"What is going on? Mum, what are you doing here? "I asked.

"What I'm I doing here? You are asking your mother that. I came here as fast as I could when I saw your picture on the TV about you being involved in a fire incident. What we're you thinking Dylan? Playing Jesus Christ the savior of the world!! . "She shouted.

My mother has a bad temper and you don't want to come closer to her whenever she got angry but I had to stop her from shouting because it gave me a headache.

"Enough mother!! " I shouted finally shutting her up. "I couldn't leave Amelia alone, " I told her, and when I wanted to continue explaining Anna interrupted by crying.

"Amelia this, Amelia that. You have been spending more time with her than you should with me. What is wrong with you Dylan? Ever since that witch came back you've been acting differently. We are no longer intimate, we are barely together and this is all because of her! " she shouted.

I held my head in frustration. The shouting became too loud and I was thankful that the ward was soundproofed else a patient would have died with all their shouting.

"That's is enough Anna, I'm not picking her over you. It you I want dammit!" I admitted. "I'm just doing what a boss should do nothing more, "I confessed and looked up. my eyes met Amelia who stood by the door side listening to what I just said. I could see the hurt and pain in her eyes.

"Did I hurt her with my words?" I thought as she continued to stare at me.

My mother also looked at the doorway and rushed to her.  she raised her hand to hit her but thankfully Larry stopped her.

"Sophia takes Amelia away please, "Larry said to his wife who nodded in agreement and pulled Amelia away.

"Let go of me this instance Larry! "my mother demanded.

"Larry dropped her hand and glared at my mother. "I've respected you enough Rebecca, it's high time you stop treating Amelia like dirt in your shoe. all she ever does was love your son. Is it a crime? " Larry asked my mother who was looking dumbfounded. What does he mean by my mother and Amelia? I was getting confused by what going on.

"What is going on? "I asked sounding confused cause I was.

"I was wrong about you Dylan," that was the last word Larry said before walking out of the room.

"What does Larry mean mother? About you and Amelia? " I asked but she shook her hand.

"It's nothing you should be worried about son" she replied staring at the door and pondering on something.

She was lying about something and I was going to find out what it was.

____________________________________
Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5.5K 29
After escaping an abusive past, Rose wants nothing more than to stay away from trouble. But when trouble comes crashing into her life in the form of...
38.1K 1.7K 42
After a messy breakup Amelia decided to move to France along with her parents,with a lesson that never fall in love again but her parents decided to...
1.1M 19.8K 18
18 years old Amelia has always found life to be extremely tough, ever since she was conceived and left at the door step of an orphanage called Madiso...
1.7K 121 20
This story contains a lot of mature scenes. What happens when a hardcore business Mafia man meets a shy introverted but short-tempered girl? This sto...