Qismat se Qubool Hai (Slow Up...

Por _theimperfect_girl

He's a Hindu boy. She's a Muslim girl. He has a past. She has a past too. His past has turned him angry and... Más

Author Note
City of Dreams!
Nightmares
Malhotra's
The Office
The Boss😎
Troubling the new girl
In A New Light
Side Effects
An Odd Demand
Author's note
A day's off
Not A Cheater
Author's Note
Was She Mine?
Precious Day
His PA
Author's Note
Close Encounter
Author's Note
Pain-The Best Friend
Author's Note
Attitude

No More Attempts

64 8 2
Por _theimperfect_girl

Sorry guys I know I'm very late but as it is I was really pissed off with what all that was going against my boy Parth because of that I couldn't concentrate on writing so I decided not to write instead of giving a crap.Once again sorry.
------------------------------
Happy reading
**********

Next morning as usual completing all her morning chores and instructing Neelam after she arrived Seher left for work. She was on time so she took the fast local. She loves to travel by the Mumbailocals because it takes her back down the memory lane of her college days. Those days when she and her friend used to travel by the local. Now she's traveling by the first class  but earlier those days they used to travel by the second class even tough she had a first class pass as well.
According to Seher traveling in the second class was totally a different experience. The crowded compartments, kids crying, vendors selling different things, aunties fighting for seat, lending a hand to the person who's just about to miss the train, all this could be experienced only in the second class of the local. Everyone from different places yet everyone together for each other and there's a reason why the Mumbailocals are called as the Lifeline of Mumbai. Only a Mumbaikar would understand the joy and experience of locals. Thinking about those days a smile crept on her lips. Reaching the office taking her phone and the dairy she kept her bag on her desk and walked to the cabin
where her boss was already there. To be on the safe side as to what happened yesterday she turned on the flashlight and that really helped her coz the room was dark. She switched on the lights just to notice her boss sitting on his chair with his eyes closed and head resting back on the chair. Picking up the things in her way which were again lying there she walked towards him keeping the things at their place and stood there near his chair keeping some distance. Standing there she wished Manik good morning to which he opened his eyes ,sitting straight and hmmmed in response.

Seher : Good morning Sir!

Manik : Hmmm

Seher : Good morning Sir!

Manik : I heard it Miss Baig (irritated)

Seher : I think Sir if someone wishes you so you should wish them back. (in a polite tone)

Manik : Miss Baig are you my teacher?

Seher : Han??? (confused)

Manik : Then why are you trying to teach me manners... and besides that what's so good about the morning?

Seher : Sorry sir, yes I'm not your teacher and I'm not trying to teach you manners, but it's just that normally people wish each other like this... and Sir we're still alive and breathing in a new day that's more than enough for the morning to be good , infact we should thank God for it because there are so many who are not that lucky.

It won't be wrong to say that Manik was lost in her words and his trance was broken by her voice who was calling him continously , asking whether he was fine..

Manik : Han!!! Yes..........ummmm.... (clearing his throat) yeah I'm fine...
(sighing) Good morning...(looking here and there) yeah....whatever

Seher : (suppressing her laugh) sir should I start with today's schedule.

Manik : Hmmmm... Go ahead.

Seher updated Manik that he had a meeting at 11am with  Mr Khurana the owner of the Q label regarding the new album, followed by a conference call as soon as he gets free. At 3pm the Sehgal's will be visiting regarding their new deal.

Seher : That's it for today Sir...

Manik : Hmmm.... (working on his laptop) The files I gave you yesterday are they done Miss Baig.

Seher : Yes Sir... I've written down the important points.

Manik : (raising his eyebrows and looking at her ) So what are you waiting for ??? Go get the files.

Seher : Sure sir....

She walked out thinking as to why Manik can never be polite and simple. Why has he to be either rude or sarcastic. Taking the files she got back and handed over the files and Manik asked her about the points. Seher told him that clients have almost the same demands indirectly.

Seher : Sir , according to the Mehta's the quality of the raw material is not good compared to the price that they're paying for it and the Sindhya's are willing to buy the product on a large scale if we give it to them at a lower price than the present price, huh!!! like seriously bad quality and large scale (with a disgusted face)

Manik : Hmmmm...(scratching on his beard) let's see what can be done I'll talk to Cabir about it.

Seher : Sir I would suggest don't give in their conditions , these are just tactics to get a lower price.

Manik : (raising his eyebrows) did I ask  for your suggestion Miss Baig.

Seher : No Sir... sorry sir...

Manik : Better... Now you may leave .

----------------

Manik called Cabir to his cabin and discussed the matter with him to which Cabir suggested him the same thing that Seher had. After a good argument they came on conclusions.
Cabir sighed and drank a glass of water .

Cabir : Waise Manik tune socha kya us bare me??? (in a teasing way) I think you should think about it.. the idea that I gave you last night you should try that.

Getting up from the place to walk out coz Cabir knew what would happen next.

Manik : (gritting his teeth) Cabirrrr!!!!
Tu na...pitega kisi din mujhse (throwing a cushion from the couch where he was sitting)

Cabir was quick enough to catch the cushion and threw it back to him. He left the place not before peeping back and reminding manik something.

Cabir : Or han!! Yaad hai na tune dadi se kya promise kiya hai (grinning)

Before his friend could catch hold of him, Cabir left from there leaving behind a thoughtful Manik who started thinking of what had happened last night at Malhotra Mansion.

Flashback :

Yesterday after reaching home both Cabir and Manik freshened up and took some rest as told by Dadi. It was 6.30pm time for the evening tea and snacks. They all including Dadi and Mukti were gathered in the living area as Mukti had to talk about something to everyone. After finishing their tea and snacks everyone was waiting for Mukti to speak as she hadn't finished with her tea. Manik being the impatient one broke the silence.

Manik : Come on!!!! Mukti speak up, the suspense is killing me (continously tapping his feet on the floor)

Mukti : Relax Bhai!!!! Let me finish at least (keeping back the tea cup) ok so guess what??? 

Cabir : What???? come on mukti bata de......just look at him (eyeing towards manik) impatient baba manik (suppressing his laugh)

Mukti and Cabir giggled looking at manik who was behaving just like a kid who is not getting his favorite lollipop and the duo Mukbir received a glare from the latter.

Mukti : Acha Ok!!! I've finally got it !! after trying for two years...(standing and shouting in excitement)

Manbir : Got what???? (confused)

Mukti : Come on guys how can you guys forget??? (putting hands on her waist)

Dadi : Are you talking about....Ummm workshop!! Tu London wale workshop ke bare me baat kar rahi hai??? (smiling and excited)

Mukti : Oh Dadi I love you I love you I love you soooo much (hugging her from back and kissing her cheeks)

Dadi : I love you too (tapping her head and kissing her back)

Mukti had got the chance to be a part of the architectural workshop in London for which she had been applying since last two years. Although when she first applied for it Manik had offered her to help in getting the admission but she refused saying that she wants it on her own basis. And finally after a wait of two years she had achieved it and her best friend and brother had forgotten about it. How bad isn't it.

Mukti : You guys are impossible... I mean how can you guys forget about it .... Matlab tu bhi Cabir!!!! ... I can understand about Bhai (suppressing her laugh)  par I didn't expect this from you (glaring him) you also forgot.

Cabir : Forgot??? (standing from the couch and coming near mukti) who... who said that I forgot... (stammering) Arre mujhe yaad tha na infact hum dono ko yaad tha.. Hai na Manik???? (eyeing Manik to speak)

Manik : Han??? (confused) han...han.. ofcourse (covering up his confusion) hum dono ko yaad tha (biting his tongue)

Mukti : (sarcastically) Awww how sweet of you guys!!! Bhai... Do I have horns on my head?

Manik : Not that I can see (suppressing his laugh)

Mukti : Very funny... Bhai and Cabir do you think I'm mad .

Cabir : Any doubt (teasing)

Mukti : Dadiiii ( complaining) look at them.

Dadi : Manik, Cabir (in a stern voice glaring them) bas karo tum dono.

Cabir : Acha OK!!! Mukti, Sorry we forgot but it won't happen again (hugging her) congratulations I'm really happy for you.

Manik : Yes muku it won't happen again and I'm really proud of you (kissing her forehead)

Mukti : Hmmm...it's ok!!! But you guys have to compensate for this (pouting)

Manik : Acha!!! Let me think... Ummm..
How about a dinner tomorrow at your favorite restaurant (smiling a bit)

Mukti : I knew it Bhai... Apko to khana he dikhta hai bas...(giggling)

Manik : Han to.....(shrugging his shoulders) I'm proud to be a foodie (smiling sheepishly)

Mukti : (raising her eyebrows towards him) Aur Cabir tu... What are you doing to compensate???

Cabir : How about shopping?? (narrowing his eyes)

Mukti : (shouting excitedly) Cabirrrr ye hui na baat...you know me so well.. I love you bro...

Dadi : Mukti!!! Bas kar....stop shouting  ab to khush hai... Manik tu bata... how was your day??? Waise aaj to wo new PA aane wali thi na Cabir?? (looking towards Cabir)

Mukti : Are haan bhai...your new PA was suppose to join today... Kaisi hai... batao na.... Is she hot???

Dadi : Mukti!!! (fake glaring her)

Mukti : (biting her tongue) Sorry Dadi!!!

Cabir : I don't know about hot but she's sweet and daring definitely.... (suppressing his laugh) kyu manik sahi kaha na maine??? ( receiving glare from manik in return)

Dadi : Matlab... Aisa kya kiya usne jo to use sweet or daring dono ek sath bol raha hai.

Cabir : Dadi ye puchye kya nahi kiya?

Cabir narrated the whole incident to Dadi and Mukti starting from getting bumped into her ,him flirting with her and the banter that happened between Seher and Manik. Dadi and Mukti were attentively listening to Cabir while Manik was lying on the couch laying his head on Dadi's lap. Mukti couldn't believe what she had heard , her mouth hung open in shock and she spoke , correction she screamed on top of her voice.

Mukti : Whattttttttt???? Seriously Cabir.... Did  she really do that....
I mean.... Bhai....did she call you a gay
( teasing and giggling)

Manik : Mukti!!! (glaring)

Mukti : (laughing continously) come on Bhai.... batao na...she said that...

Manik : (complaining) Dadi.... Look at her....

Dadi : (glaring her and in fake stern voice) Mukti ...mat sata...(ruffling his hairs) waise manik usne sach me tujhe aisa kaha kya (laughing and teasing)

Manik : Dadiiii !! Aap bhi (complaining)

The living area was filled with echos of laughing sound. Manik was sitting with an irritated face. While mukti told Cabir that she would definitely like to meet the girl once she gets back from London as she had to leave in four days and she had to do lots of preparations. To which Cabir told her that mukti might not get a chance to meet her as her workshop is for 2 months and Seher might too resign till that time, to which Dadi enquired as to why she would do so, Cabir informed her about what Manik did to trouble her and that if he continues with it so she might too leave which Cabir didn't want. After hearing out Cabir Dadi asked Manik as to why did he do so, to which Manik replied that he was just testing her, Dadi told him neither to play any pranks on her nor to trouble her in any other way and she took a promise from him on the same.According to Dadi he should give Seher a chance, because as Cabir described her she seems to be different.Altough unwillingly but on Dadi's insistence manik promised her that he won't trouble Seher coz he cannot say no to Dadi.

Cabir : Waise Manik I think tujhe na boys pe try karna chahye (giggling) Maybe Seher is right ...shayad tujhe girls me interest nahi raha.

Manik : Cabirrrr!!!!! ( gritting his teeth and throwing a cushion)

Mukti and Dadi laughed out loud on Cabir's suggestion. While there was a Tom and Jerry chase going on between Manbir in the living area followed by Manik catching hold on Cabir and hitting him soft punches.

Flashback ends

A knock on the door got him out of his thinking process. Seher entered and informed him that Mr.Khurana will be there in 15 minutes.

Manik : Is the conference room ready Miss Baig?

Seher : Yes Sir everything is ready..

Manik : Alright.

She stood there fidgeting with the pen in her hand and this didn't go unnoticed by her boss.

Manik : Miss Baig stop fidgeting with your pen and speak up....(standing up from the couch)

Seher : Han??? (confused)

Manik : What???? Don't you want to say something? (raising his eyebrows)

Seher : Yeah!! but.... how do you... I mean...

Manik : Speak up or leave (sitting on his chair)

Seher : I just wanted to ask that have I to be there in the conference room during the meeting .

Manik : Ummm.... Actually not that you're needed in but stay on the same floor... Incase I need something so...

Seher : Ok Sir...

She received a call from Pari that Mr.Khurana has arrived and is waiting near the reception. Seher informed Manik about the same, he told her to take them to the conference room and he'll join them in 5 minutes. Seher walked out taking the orders from her boss. She accompanied Mr.Khurana and his associates to the conference room which was situated at the 9th floor of the office building. Manik joined them in next 5minutes. After a long discussion of 1hr 15min the meeting got over. Manik walked out of the conference room followed by Mr.Khurana , seeing them coming Seher stood up, all this while she was sitting on the couch that was laid opposite the conference room. She walked towards them and stood besides her boss with a distance.

Mr Khurana : (offering a hand) OK Manik I'll be waiting for your reply and I hope you don't disappoint me.

Manik : (shaking hands with him) Sure Mr.Khurana I'll get back to you asap but as you know on my terms.

Mr.Khurana : Hmmm.... You let me know I'll look after it and then we could discuss.... and she is (eyeing towards Seher)

Manik : Oh... She is my PA ...Miss Baig

Mr.Khurana : I see.... A new again... (smiling at her) come on manik...kab tak tum aise PA's change karte rahoge. Anyways (offering a hand to Seher) Hello Miss Baig.....

Hesitating to do so, Seher took a few seconds to give in her hand to Mr.Khurana who was standing there with his hand still forwarded towards her. She shook hands with him and pulled it back quickly saying a hello to him ,who in returned wished her all the best and hoped that she'd last long unlike Manik's previous PA's. All this was well noticed by Manik, he saw how uncomfortable Seher got while shaking hands and he was confused about it. After Mr.Khurana left Manik got busy in work,later he called Seher to his cabin and asked her to take a seat.Seher settled  on the chair opposite him.

Manik : Take down a dictation and be quick coz I don't like to repeat myself.. Am I clear....

Seher : Yes sir! but...

Manik : But.. What?

Seher : Sir can I get back in 10minutes please... (narrowing her eyes in pleading )

Manik : And may I know why so Miss Baig ....(raising his eyebrows)

Seher : Sir actually it's already 1pm and.. and it's time for my prayers and your lunch time as well, I'll just pray and come back and then I'll take down the dictation (hope in her eyes)

Manik : (looking at the time, clearing his throat) yeah it's actually lunch time... Alright you go and come back once you've offered your prayers.

Seher : (standing up) Thank you!!! Sir
(smiling a bit)

She picked up her phone leaving the dairy and the professional phone there itself. She was about to leave the cabin when she was stopped by the voice of her boss.

Manik : Miss Baig..umm do one thing offer your prayers , have your lunch , make a call if you want to call someone, complete all your necessities and then come back coz once you're settled to work I don't want any distractions....Am I clear .....and yes you've 20minutes for everything.

Seher : Crystal clear Sir....Thank you...I'll be back on time.

After Seher left Manik called Cabir for lunch which was already kept there in his cabin and Dadi had called him for the same. The duo had their lunch talking about some important things and Cabir teasing Manik about last night.Cabir also asked him if he had done something to trouble Seher to which Manik replied in negative as he had promised Dadi and he doesn't breaks his promises specially the ones made to Dadi.On the other side Seher had her lunch not before offering her Namaz, she then called Neelam the house care taker and enquired whether everything was alright at home. Getting back from the washroom she walked to Manik's cabin and walked in after seeking permission. To her surprise her boss who had given her a time limit was still having his lunch while Cabir had just finished it. She said Manik that she'll come back later to which Manik told her that she doesn't has to leave as he has done with his lunch.He asked her to take the seat and call ramesh to clean up, she did as asked to do. Manik went off to freshen up and Cabir who was still sitting there got into a conversation with Seher.

Cabir : So Seher (coming towards her chair) how is it going.. I mean working here and specially with your boss The great Manik (widening his eyes dramatically)

Seher : Umm... It's not that bad I mean it's just my second day... I'm sure it'll be a good experience working here as the days pass on.

Cabir : Hmmm.... Good.... Waise ek baat batao... Ye Manik tumhe pareshan to nahi kar raha hai na agar kare na to mujhe bata dena.. Mai na..

Manik : (from behind) Mai na....kya?
Cabir...what will you do? (grinning at him)

Cabir : Tu.... Matlab tune....

Manik : Yes... matlab maine sun liya... (keeping an arm on his shoulder) So tell me what will you do if I trouble her ...

Cabir : (clearing his throat) Kuch nahi.. kaam kar...there's lots of work to do... Or mujhe bhi boht kaam hai.

Manik : Nai nai.... You were saying something na... Bol na bol na... Kahan ja raha hai....(dramatically)

Cabir : Manik kuch nahi yaar mai to bas.... Anyways forget it... Chal I'll see you guys later... (smiling at both)

Seher was just looking at the duo and she noticed that they're really close friends , a smile crept her lips looking at their bond and Manik was a totally different person at that time as she had heard about him from the other office colleagues. She was surprised and she was thinking that how can a person have different personalities but she shrugged her thoughts and came back to reality when Manik's voice hit hear eardrums.

Manik : So Miss Baig shall we start (sitting on his chair) are you done with everything.

Seher : Sure sir... I'm done with everything long back infact I was here in 20minutes (suppressing her laugh)

Manik : Ofcourse Miss Baig I know what you mean (in a bossy voice)

Seher : No sir...I didn't mean to... (cut in btw)

Manik : Anyways... start writing and remember... (cut in btw)

Seher : That you don't like to repeat yourself... I remember Sir... you may start... (giving a smile of assurance)

Manik started giving her the dictation and Seher heard it with all the attention in the world. He continued speaking getting up from his chair to which Seher too got up from her chair but Manik gestured her with his hand to be seated. She sat down and continued writing as quick as she could not to miss a word from him as he was really fast and as he had said he won't repeat himself so did he. Seher kept her ears wide open and concentrated on Manik's words not to miss out a single alphabet. She thought that her boss was doing so just to trouble her but it wasn't that way. But she kept on writing till he stopped ,by the time she had completed almost 2 full pages. Sighing she put the pen down.

Manik : Mail this to Q label and make two hard copies of  the same. Send one copy to the Q label and the other one file it , name it and keep it there in that cupboard named M2 (pointing out to the cupboard)

Seher : Sure sir.... But sir why a hard copy to them when I'm already sending a mail.

Manik : (knitting his eyebrows)Miss Baig stop stressing you pea size brain and do what you've asked to, Am I clear.

Seher : (sighing) Yes sir!!! (getting up from her place)

Shaking her head in disbelief she left from there thinking that why this man cannot answer her questions nicely. She got back to her place and started her work. Naina came besides her and asked her for coffee as she's going to cafeteria but Seher denied saying that she had lots of work to complete to which Naina asked that she would get her one here itself if she wants. Seher gave her an affirmative nod and thanked her. Later on completing her work she sat to just relax a bit as her boss was busy in a meeting with the Sehgal's. The day came to an end with a busy schedule and she was hell tired so she took a cab to her home.

To be continued.....

Really a long update...

So guys do tell me how was the chapter.

Please leave some comments guys.

Please press the ⭐️ button.

So take care until the next chapter.

#okthanksbye!!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

99.9K 5.3K 42
What happens when two best friends already broken, due to some incidents in past are at loggerheads with each other, in the present even and a girl's...
2.7K 179 27
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...
11.2K 1.5K 21
Previously known as Are we really destined to be together? "I'm waiting for the moment when my soul will leave this body and I'll be dead officially...
1M 69.6K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...