Time Flies(Editing In Progres...

De Writer_Addict1205

She thought no one would love a broken girl, he thought there were more pieces to love. ~Daniel Jonathan Park... Mais

Author Note
Character aesthetic and Short Summary
Chapter 1-The Beginning
Chapter 2-A Favor
Chapter 3-The Interview
Chapter 4-The Unexpected
Chapter 5-The Fashion Show
Chapter 6-Meeting the Friends
Chapter 7-The Past
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8- A fresh start
Chapter 9-Beginning of us
Chapter 10-The Revelation
Chapter 11-The Gala Night
Chapter 12-Unexpected Guest
Chapter 13- Things are fine
Chapter 14-Surprise
Chapter 15-You Are Mine
Chapter 16-The Deal
Chapter 17 Part 2
Chapter 18-New York, Here I Come
Chapter 19-Moving On
Chapter 20-Back In Your Arms
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21-Why?
Chapter 22-Fight Back
Chapter 23-Waking up
Chapter 24-I love you
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 25-Happy
Chapter 26-I can't believe this is happening now
Chapter 27-Trouble
Chapter 28-Unfolding a chapter of the past
Chapter 29-Letting go
Chapter 30- Us
Chapter 31-I do
Chapter 31 Part 2
Chapter 32-The End

Chapter 17-Parting Away

220 69 5
De Writer_Addict1205

This chapter is a continuation of Chapter 16 flashback. After Ava comes back home signing the papers.

Ava

David didn't push me to tell the truth and I was a bit relieved about that or else I would have ended up telling him the truth which is exactly what I cannot do. I got ready for our date thinking of how I will do this.

I open the box David gave me a took out the dress. It was a beautiful dress and I loved it. I let my hair open and put on some makeup. I had packed all my stuff so I can leave as soon as possible.

As much as I wanted to happy. I couldn't be happy. I forced a smile on my face and went outside to David. He looked handsome and charming as always. I tried to look at him and capture this moment forever for it is the last time I will be seeing him. The last time I will gaze into his sparkling brown eyes and smell. The last time I will touch him and smell his intoxicating smell. "You look stunning like always but something is missing." He says. David turns me around and I felt something on my neck. It was a necklace. It was a half heart silver necklace with the letter D."Why is this broken?"
Then David shows me a bracelet he was wearing. It was a silver bracelet with half a heart with the letter A. "The other heart is here. My heart belongs to you."

He is going to make me cry now. I could feel the tears filled in my eyes but I forced a smile so that David doesn't get suspicious. I couldn't hold it in.

David smiles and wipes the tears off my face. He is making this so hard for me. I force a smile on my face. He places his hand on my cheek looking at me and I look up to him.

This may be the last time I will feel his touch and look at his smile and adore his brown eyes. I want to cherish my last moments with him. Knowing David he knows something is wrong but he didn't push me into saying him.

I cannot do this.

I won't be able to.

I will tell David everything.

We will find out a way together and He is the father of my child. How will I do this without him? I am sure there is away. We drove to our date venue. The whole ride I was silent and couldn't say anything. David had outdone himself again. We were in the garden where we had our first date. Only the setting today was different. There was a candlelight dinner set up. There was a table in the middle with a vase filled with roses and candles. It was wonderful. The trees were decorated with lights and there were our photos hanging from the branch. "It's beautiful, David. How do you manage to pull out dates like this? You surprise me every time."

He smiles but there was something about his smile. He wasn't entirely happy and it was because of me.
"One of my hidden talents. Let's sit."

David pulls out a chair for me as I sit down. Then he sits down. I take a look at him and I can't stop looking. The dim light of the candle falling on his face gave his face a different glow. He looked more attractive. His brown eyes twinkled with enthusiasm. He was so happy yet sad and anyone could say looking at his face.
"I want to say something."
This is it. I will tell him about Maisha and what she wants me to do. I cannot leave him now that I am going to have his child.

"I have something important to say too but you go first." I held his hands in mine and just as I try to tell David everything. I received a notification it was a message from an unknown number. I don't know why but I thought I should take a look at it. David was a bit annoyed that I paid attention to the phone when he was here.

The message

(Don't. We are watching you, Ava. A single mistake and I will take him down.)

I keep the phone down and took a deep breath. They are watching me. "Who was it?" He asks me.

"I....uhmm..." I fell short of words as a lump formed in the back of my throat. "I am here Ava, Tell me."
He holds my hand to reassure me. I sigh. Here goes nothing
"I am sorry. I can't do this anymore."

"You can't do what anymore." He said confused at my words.

"This...Us..." He laughs and I feel the tears in my eyes. He thinks I was joking and that breaks me even more that he can't imagine that I will leave him.

He laughs hysterically that tears form in his eyes and then he says.
"Are you done? I will not fall into this. Damn you had me there for a second. Your pranks are getting scarier day by day."

I stood up from my chair and looked at him. He thought I was joking. I wish it was.
"I wish it was a prank."

I need to sound convincing...

He won't believe me. I am sorry David. For doing this. Breaking your heart. Leaving you."How foolish of you to think that I love you? You are so naive David. You are rich, famous and not to forget you look exceptionally good. You were the total package and you were too naive to believe my act."
I paused in mid-sentence. It was harder than I anticipated talking all lies about him but I had to continue."

"Being with you brought attention to me. I opened up my restaurant. I am successful now and I don't need you anymore. You fell for it like the others." He still didn't look convinced. He gets up and stands right in front of me.
"Stop it, Ava. I can't listen to it anymore."

"We had a great time together. You were too good and I can't fake it anymore." With much difficulty, I continued. I could see the tears forming in his eyes. He is not the one who cries. He is a closed book. He is the one who can only get hurt by his loved ones. He will do anything for people close to him. The last time I saw tears in his eyes was at the night of the Gala. When I was in the hospital for Harry.

He always shows his emotions to the people close to him. I can't blame him. He had a past trusting the wrong people. Maisha broke his heart and here I am doing the same thing. It's going to break his trust and faith in love but I don't want to be the reason for his loss. I had never seen him this hurt and it makes me feel like my heart has been crushed into a million pieces.

Believe it, David. Let me go. Don't make this hard for me. I couldn't watch him anymore. I turned around to leave when he grabs hold of my wrist and turns me around. He places his hand on my shoulder and brings me close to him forcing me to look up to him. I was so close to breaking down but I stayed strong. I can't break down in front of him.

When he spoke his voice broke. He gasps for air due to crying. He looks straight into my eyes. The brown eyes that were sparkling and made me happy once were filled with tears.

I move my eyes from him. I lower my gaze to avoid looking at him. There was no way I could lie looking straight into his eyes.

He leaves my hand and I see him take a red velvet box out of his coat pocket. "I was going to ask you to marry me and now you are telling me that you were after my status and money. I don't believe this at all."

"Look me into my eyes and tell me all of it was fake. All our moments together were fake. The first time I said I love you, Our first date, Our first kiss, our first dance at the Gala, and our first night together. You can't just deny it. I refuse to believe it. Our moments together, It can't be an act." You were my first love. I know. It wasn't an act. Loving you and the time spent with you were the best moments of my life but God has other plans for us. Maybe this is the end of us. Maybe it wasn't meant to last as we dreamt. I hope to find you in another life because loving you was the only true decision of my life.

"You were too innocent to believe me." He was crying and begging me to tell the truth. He wanted me to stay. He was crying and I felt a tear slid down my cheek and I knew better. I couldn't stand here and break down in front of him. It was time to go. Goodbye David.

I had to do this. I had to leave Him. There was no other way. I had to do it for David. I can't bear the thought of anything that happens to him because of me. I love you, David, I always have and always will and I am sorry but I had to do this. I only bring you trouble. You are better off me. I yell out loud, my heart was broken again and I didn't have David to mend the broken pieces of my heart. I was hurting, I was in pain. Darkness and emptiness are all that I feel now.

-------------

Present Day In Europe

Ava

After that, I couldn't stay in New York. I left. I couldn't stay there with all the memories I had with him there. I sold my restaurant I had opened with the help of David. and the buyer broke it down to construct a mall. I met Lucas and Samantha here. They were my best friends. They were there for me when I was pregnant with Shane.

Shane doesn't know where his father is. I can't tell him the truth now. He knew Lucas was not his father but he calls him Dad. He heard us one day. Lucas and I dated for a month or so but we decided it would be better if we stayed friends and also because I still loved David.

It was hard keeping the truth from Shane. He is really smart for a five-year-old boy. He plans to become a detective in the future. He was a carbon copy of David. Looking at him reminded me of him. I had everything I could ask for. I was the owner of a successful chain of restaurants. I had my friends and Shane but my heart craved for David. It's been six years yet I can't seem to forget him...

(So that's it. Will David and Ava meet again? Does David hate Ava? Did he believe what Ava said or he still loves her? Keep reading to find out.)

...Thank you for reading...
Special thanks to drawing100 for the sketch😍😍

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

336K 11.5K 52
"I have nothing to give you or make you happy but, yet you're willing to be with me?"- Daniel "I don't care if you are poor, I love you and I want...
125K 3.7K 30
There's a thin line between hate and Love. That's what the saying says. But for the two individuals who grown to hate each other is just a silly joke...
7.4K 186 18
She was alluring, competent, hardworking and... 'A believer of True Love...' What will happen, when a handsome billionaire, equally dexterous and har...
17.6K 1.5K 45
Both parents missing, lied to, threatened and she thought her life couldn't get any worse. Falling for someone is hard but when it came to him it was...