Hopelessly Human

De TheQuietHufflepuff

Sam has mysteriously returned from the Cage after falling in... and has been around for a whole year. From a... Mais

Aesthetic and Playlist
1. A Day in the Life
2. Smoke on the Water
3. Oh Well
4. Takin' Care of Business
5. Vampires Will Never Hurt You
6. A Matter of Trust
7. Space Oddity
8. Whatever Gets You Thru the Night
9. Dust in the Wind
10. Back in the Saddle
11. Long Long Way From Home
12. Time (Clock of the Heart)
13. Gallows Pole
14. Mother
15. False Pretense
16. Let It Bleed
17. Play With Fire
18. Paint It, Black
19. Black Water
20. The Girl Next Door
21. Angry Eyes
22. White Wedding
23. Hey Man Nice Shot
24. The Show Must Go On
25. Man Out of Time
26. Death of a Clown
27. Gasoline
28. Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
29. Walking on Sunshine
30. New Kid in Town
31. Blood
32. Ready Aim Fire
33. Locomotive Breath
34. Mother and Child Reunion
35. Blood Brothers
36. Southern Thing
37. Welcome Back
38. Turn the Page
39. That Was Yesterday
40. Why Should I Worry
41. As Time Goes By
42. Nazis 1994
43. You're Only Human (Second Wind)
44. Goodbye Stranger
45. Eyes in the Sky
46. Pac-Man Fever
47. Eminence Front
48. The Unforgiven III
49. Send Me an Angel
50. Rockin' Down the Highway
51. I'm No Angel
53. Bad Boy
55. Who'll Stop the Rain
56. Tuesday's Gone
57. Just Another Night
58. Power Has a Fragrance
59. Ballad of a Thin Man
60. Knives and Pens
61. Mother's Little Helper
62. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)
63. Let's Kill Tonight
64. Stairway to Heaven
65. On the Turning Away
Trilogy

52. Somewhere Over the Rainbow

82 2 1
De TheQuietHufflepuff

[Slumber Party]

(Very fitting version for our precious Natalia. And I think for Dean as well.)

Sam and Dylan were working at the map table. Sam had talked to Crowley before rejoining Dylan. Dean and Natalia walked through the door upstairs.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asked.

Dean and Natalia exchanged a look before he said, "Oh, that little nerd is a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him."

"Dean's idea," Natalia said. "Just so ya know."

"How's he feeling?" Dylan inquired.

Dean and Natalia walked down the stairs while he spoke. "Well, he stared at the Angel Tablet and repeated the word "falafe" for the entire ride. Kid's cracked. Nat and I are hoping this break will, uh, clear his head. You know, after everything that happened, I figured we could use a little break ourselves, so, I, uh, per Nat's request, picked you up season one 'Game of Thrones'. Figured we'd get a little takeout."

Sam looked between them. "All right. Well, first, I think Dylan and I might have found a way to help Cas and Rae."

Dean looked in concern and asked, "Did either of you talk to them?"

Dylan eyed Dean with an unnoticed irritated look.

"No," Sam and Natalia replied.

Sam continued. "And, by the way, we still don't understand why they left in the first place. Nat's been yapping to me, wondering why. I mean, the bunker is the safest place for them. Bartholemew and -- and who knows how many angels are out there, gunning for them."

Dean pursed his lips. "Hey, look, nobody wants them here more than me or Nat do, okay? But, uh, they felt like they'd bring trouble down on us, so they had to split. But if you three got a way to help them, I'm all ears."

"All right. So, Kevin said the table lit up like a Christmas tree when the angels fell, right?"

"So?" Dean and Natalia pressed.

Dylan looked between them. "So it turns out each light was where a cluster of angels fell. So Sam and I are thinking maybe there's some way to hotwire this, make it track angels. That way, we might be able to help Cas and Rae steer clear of danger."

Dean and Natalia exchanged a surprised look. "This was... your idea?" Dean said.

Sam looked around, slightly amused, while Dylan smirked as Sam replied, "It was both of our idea. Do you see anybody else in here?"

Natalia rested her elbows on the table. "So, how would it work?"

Dylan shook his head. "Oh, no clue. See, at first, we thought the table was the computer, but it's not. It turns out it's just part of it. We did find these cables underneath, and we followed them. You two are never gonna believe what we found."

They came to a room full of electrical panels, shelves, and a huge, old computer. Sam, Dean, Natalia and Dylan entered.

"Voilà," Dylan and Sam said.

"This is a computer?" Dean questioned.

Sam nodded. "Yeah -- or it was in 1951, when it was installed. Now, here's the crazy thing. It's not plugged into anything. I mean, we have no idea what's making this thing work."

The four of them walked around to the other side of the computer. Dean and Natalia put their hands on the back of it and he said, "It's warm here."

Natalia looked around and found a flat screwdriver on the shelf behind her. She inserted it under the back panel of the computer and started jimmying it open. She gave a giant pull, and the panel popped off. She was sent stumbling back into the shelf behind her, before falling on her butt. She'd unknowingly knocked over a bottle containing gray liquid.

"Got it," Natalia told them. "Ow."

"You okay?" Dylan asked.

"Fantastic."

Sam looked at the back of the computers full of wires and unknown parts. "Huh."

"Well, that looks simple," Dean said sarcastically. "Does it come with a manual?"

Natalia frowned. "What do we look like? Wikipedia?"

Sam frowned at her before saying, "Nothing in the archives, and Dylan and I obviously couldn't find anything like it online, not to mention we're pretty sure the Men of Letters doesn't exactly have I.T. support anymore, either."

As they spoke, the gray liquid in the bottle started growing and moving.

"I think I know somebody who could help us," Dean replied. "Come on."

Natalia grinned, realizing who Dean was talking about.

They stood and left the room, and switched off the light. The bottle's lid popped off and the gray liquid spilled onto the floor and started to grow and climb onto the wall.

Dean and Natalia were sitting at the far table. Natalia's feet were resting on the map table scratched an itch on her leg. The front door above them opened and Sam, Dylan and Charlie entered and walked down the stairs.

"Here it is," Dylan and Sam said.

Dean and Natalia smiled at Charlie as she waved at them and he said, "Hey. Thanks for coming."

Dean and Charlie hugged, then she hugged Natalia.

"Not a problem, especially since I got fired last week," Charlie replied.

Sam set her bag on the table. "Hey, what? What happened?"

"Turns out the company I work for was outsourcing to child labor, so I took a big Wikileak all over that. And, yeah. It's cool, though. It's given me more time to focus on my hobbies... like LARPing, macrame, and hunting."

Dean and Natalia looked alarmed while Dylan and Sam looked concerned.

"Excuse me?" Dean and Natalia questioned in sync.

"Okay. It was just a couple little cases. I took down a teenage vampire and a ghost... which sounds like a YA novel if you say it out loud."

Dylan's voice took on a slightly concerned tone. "Charlie, how'd it go?"

"It was, uh... it was intense. But I kind of wish hunting was more... magical, you know?"

Dean rolled his eyes, Natalia let out a sigh, Sam looked confused, and Dylan looked surprised.

"Never mind," Charlie muttered. "So, where is this Commodore 64 of yours? And tell me; are Dylan and Natalia engaged?"

Dylan shook his head. "Nope. Not yet. Sorta enjoying the dating life."

"Better put a ring on her soon."

They walked into the computer room and Charlie started geeking out over the old computer. "Sweet Ada Lovelace. This thing belongs in a museum. I mean, it's got encryption software. It seems to be powered by something magical."

"Skip to the end," Dean told her.

"It's kind of an alarm system. Global badness? It freaks. This computer is what locked this place down."

"Can we use it to track angels?" Sam asked.

"All right. Let me see what I can do."

Charlie fiddled with the wires, and eventually, she'd hooked up the wires and switched to her computer. She plugged the last one in. "All right. It took some doing, but now we can download. This beast has all the Men of Letters files. Time for a little drag-and-drop."

Dylan gave her a small smile. "Wow. Well, that's definitely a start."

"Thank you," Sam added. "Um, that's -- that's great."

Dean and Natalia signaled to Sam or Dylan to ask Charlie something.

"So, you've been hunting," Sam mentioned.

"Alone," Dean and Natalia added.

Charlie looked between them. "I know. Not a good idea, according to the 'Supernatural' books."

An annoyed look crossed the siblings' faces.

"You really can't delete those from the Internet?" Sam asked.

"Not even I can do that. Come on!"

"Where do you even find them?" Natalia asked, flicking her leg with her hair tie.

Charlie grinned cheekily. "A top-secret place I call Amazon. And someone uploaded all the unpublished works. I thought it was fanfic at first, but it was clearly Edlund's work. Natalia, why are you flicking yourself?"

"Because I can."

"Who uploaded it?" Dylan wondered.

"I don't know," Charlie answered. "Their screen name was beckywinchester176. Ring a bell?"

Dean and Natalia looked sharply at Sam while Dylan gave him a slightly amused look, and Sam got flustered.

"None," Sam said. "Uh, nobody's. Uh, no, there are no bells. Uh... no."

Charlie looked at Sam like he was crazy before looking back at her computer. "Ugh, these files are encrypted. This is gonna take awhile. So, takeout, sleepover, braid each other's hair?"

Dylan raised a hand. "I call braiding Nat's."

Natalia frowned. "I love you, but touch my hair and die."

Charlie laughed at them as Sam said, "Got an idea."

They gathered in Sam's room, which was covered in files and books. Dean and Charlie were sitting on his bed, Sam was on a chair beside them, and Natalia and Dylan were sitting at the foot of Sam's bed. They were watching Game of Thrones. The episode ended and Dean turned off the TV.

"Wow. That Joffrey's a dick," Dean noted.

"Oh, you have no idea," Charlie replied. "Wait until he-"

Sam interrupted her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! S-spoilers. I haven't read all the books yet."

Dean and Natalia looked to Sam and he asked, "You're gonna read the books?"

"Yes, Dean. I like to read books -- you know, the ones without the pictures."

Dylan nodded. "Yeah, I'm gonna read the books as well."

Dean shot Sam and Dylan an annoyed look before Charlie commented, "Man, this bed is about as comfortable as a brick. Any plans on moving in anytime soon?"

"I am moved in," Sam replied. "This is just my style."

Dean and Natalia nodded. "Yeah, this is, his, uh, style."

"Well, I'm sorry I haven't hung up the, uh, 'Hang in there, kitty' poster yet, Dean, Natalia. Feel free to redecorate."

Natalia's eyes widened excitedly. "I got some stuff you may like."

"Don't even think about it, Natalia."

She frowned. "I can't even put in the 'Hang in there, kitty' poster?"

"Nope. Not even the 'Hang in there, kitty' poster."

Dean frowned. "So, what, our home's not good enough for the "Hang in there, kitty' poster?"

"This isn't our home. This is where we work."

"What's the difference?" Dean and Natalia asked in sync.

Charlie looked uncomfortable with the argument while Dylan sighed. "Okay."

Dean got up from the bed and Natalia stood from the floor.

Dean said, "All right, well, Nat and I are gonna go get us some more beers. How about that?"

Dylan sighed. "Great. I'll check on 'em. And maybe get something else to eat."

After the three of them had left the room, Sam turned to Charlie. "So, Charlie, what was all that about hunting isn't magical?"

"Saving people, hunting things, the family business? I am down. But... I was raised on Tolkien, man. I mean, where is all this?" She held up the Game of Thrones disc. "Where are my White Walkers and my volcano and magic ring to throw in the damn thing? Where -- where's my quest?"

"Magic, quests... suck. Trust me. They're all-"

The five of them entered the computer room and Charlie said, "Download should be done by now."

Dean and Natalia noticed one of the shelves had moved and muttered, "What the hell?"

Dean then said, "Sam, give me a hand."

Sam and Dean moved the shelf away to reveal two gray pods on the wall. Sam, Natalia and Dylan pulled out their guns as Dean took out a knife and cut part of the way through one pod. An arm fell out and Dean cut the rest of the way and the woman fell to the ground. Dean drew his own gun before turning the woman over. Sam, Dean, Charlie, Natalia and Dylan exchanged confused glances.

Dean, Natalia and Charlie started going through the MOL case on Dorothy.

"Holy crap!" Charlie exclaimed. "The first case investigated in this bunker involved Dorothy. She and the witch came into this room, and they never came out. This will never stop blowing my mind!"

"Okay, pace yourself, Toto," Dean said.

"Oz is real! It's part of the fairy world."

"Like he said, pace yourself, Toto," Natalia repeated.

Dorothy was sitting on the floor, a blanket around her shoulders. Sam and Dylan squatted beside her.

"We have to find her," Dorothy told them.

Sam shook his head. "No, we have to talk before anyone does anything, okay? Dorothy?"

"Talk? Typical Men of Letters, standing around, having a nice, little chat with your noses in your books while your little secretaries take notes."

"We're hunters," Dean and Natalia informed.

"And who are you calling secretaries?" Charlie asked.

"You two are not secretaries?" Dorothy questioned. "You're Women of Letters? W -- how long have I been out?"

"That's why we need to talk," Sam said. "Look, you've been gone for over 75 years. Now, according to our files, you came here to kill the Wicked Witch and then disappeared. What happened?"

"A binding spell that came at a price -- her soul with mine."

Dylan frowned. "So you've been frozen with the witch for all that time?"

"Yes. Look, the witch cannot be killed. If I am awake, then so is she."

"Wait, if she's here, why didn't she kill you?" Sam wondered.

"She can't."

"You're protected by the Witch of the North's kiss," Charlie realized, noticing confused looks. "It's from the books."

"Oh, forget the books! They're not important. I'm protected. You aren't. Now, the witch came here looking for something. I have no idea what it is. But we have to find her before she finds it."

"All right, all right," Dean said. "Charlie, dig into the files. Dylan, you hang with her. Don't go all geek, Dyl. See if you two can find anything that puts a dent in the witch."

"Mm-hmm," Charlie hummed.

Dylan raised a brow. "Gee, thanks, Dean. Just because you told me not to, I will go all geek."

"You and Nat are perfect for each other," Dean said. "Sam, Nat and I will have a look-see. Come on."

"I'm helping," Dorothy said.

Sam met her eyes. "Yeah, I don't doubt it. But for right now, why don't you rest up and join Dylan in helping the smartest person in the room?"

The siblings left and Charlie turned to Dorothy. "So, big fan."

"Hmm," Dorothy hummed.

"Ozma of Oz-"

"Is a total ass."

Charlie frowned, feeling dejected. "You were much nicer in the books."

"Those books are the ravings of a sad, old man -- my father."

A grin crossed Dylan's face. "Hang on. Your dad was L. Frank Baum, the writer?"

"A Man of Letters. Another glorified librarian, you ask me."

Charlie pursed her lips. "Hey, these guys may have been sexist, but like all librarians, they were wicked smart, too. The dude who was here when you came in -- Haggerty -- he kept your case file open, worked it every day until he retired. Obviously, he never found you, but if you took five seconds to read, he did find a way to fight the Wicked Witch. Do you remember the poppy fields in the first book?"

"That's not actually how it happened. It was much bloodier."

Dylan frowned as Charlie said, "Stop... ruining my childhood. Do you remember the poppies?" Dorothy nodded. "Good. Haggerty made a deal with the fairy and got some poppy extract. Dylan and I are gonna get some bullets from the gun range and make us some poppy bullets. So, are you coming or what?"

As the siblings were clearing the bunker with guns pulled, Crowley started whistling Somewhere Over the Rainbow. "Wow. If it isn't the Scarecrow, Nessa and the Tin Man. Your new houseguest -- so misunderstood." A confused crossed their faces. "Neither of you saw 'Wicked'?"

"What did she say to you?" Sam asked.

"Something along the lines of..." Crowley hissed loudly.

Dean narrowed his eyes. "All right, well, I'm gonna go get some holy oil and a lighter, dick bag."

"I know what she's looking for."

Natalia pursed her lips. "What does she want?"

"I'd be happy to tell you, as soon as I get to stretch my legs."

Dean unlocked the neck cuff while Sam and Natalia held guns on him.

Crowley stood. "Oh. Ahh."

"All right. What does the witch want?" Natalia demanded.

"Give me a moment. I still need to air myself out."

Dean pulled out his gun and shot Crowley square in the chest. "I think you're aired out enough."

"Rude." Crowley held up a piece of paper with the word 'key' written on it.

"Key? What key?" Sam asked.

"I haven't the foggiest. Had to send her off on a merry chase before she could melt me. Told her you three kept the keys in the kitchen. You do have a kitchen in this craphole, don't you?"

The siblings made their way to the kitchen, guns drawn. They saw that it was a complete wreck.

"Damnit, Nat and I just cleaned in here," Dean muttered.

"Really?" Sam questioned.

Natalia looked between her brothers. "Looks like we got a witch here."

Charlie, Dylan and Dorothy entered and the siblings swung around, guns drawn. As soon as they saw the girls and Dylan, they put their guns away.

"Sorry," Charlie apologized. "We raided your gun range. Made us some poppy bullets. They won't kill the witch, but they will stun the crap out of her."

Dean looked at her proudly. "That's my girl."

"There was only enough for four bullets, so... make each shot count," Dylan warned.

"Now we just have to find her before she finds whatever the hell she's looking for," Dorothy said.

"She's looking for a key," Sam replied.

"How do you know?" Charlie inquired.

"Little birdie told us," Natalia explained briefly. "Ring any bells, Dorothy?"

"Unfortunately. It's the key to Oz. There are magical ways into Oz -- tornado, eye of a hurricane, whirlpool -- but this key will turn any locked door into a portal to Oz. Insert key, twist, and presto, you're in Oz."

"How did the Men of Letters get the key?" Dylan wondered.

"I have no idea, but if she finds it, she'll go back and finish what she started. She'll destroy all that is good in Oz. She's got armies of witches, flying monkeys. Many will die."

"What's this key look like?" Sam inquired.

Dorothy pulled out her journal and showed Dean and Natalia a picture.

Dean and Natalia exchanged a look and he said, "I've seen that key. Nat and I found it we were doing inventory."

"Where is it now?"

"My room. We got to get that key. All right, Charlie, Dylan and I will go look in my room. Why don't you guys buy us some time?"

Sam, Natalia and Dorothy left.

Dean turned to their mutual friend. "Charlie? Safest place in this joint is the dungeon."

"You have a dungeon?" Charlie asked in surprise. "Of course you do."

"So maybe you should..." Dylan began.

Charlie cut him off. "I am not hiding, especially in a dungeon. Wicked Witch, a key, a quest? Let's do this."

She bounced out the door and Dean and Dylan called, "C-Charlie..."

Dorothy, Sam and Natalia were walking through the main part of the bunker. Dorothy said, "I can't believe I've lived here for 75 years. How long have you two called this place home?"

Sam glanced at Dorothy. "My brother and sister call it home. I'm not sure about Dylan. Me, I, uh -- I haven't had that much luck with homes."

Natalia frowned. "But we're staying here, Sam. Permanently. Isn't that home?"

Sam shook his head. "No, I don't think so."

Dorothy looked at Sam. "Me neither. Overrated, you ask me. Yellow bricks or not, give me the open road any day." She turned to see the Wicked Witch behind Sam and Natalia. "Sam! Natalia!" She shot a poppy bullet at the Wicked Witch, but missed, and she disappeared into a vent. "She can get anywhere from there. Split up, cover more ground?"

Charlie, Dean and Dylan were searching though Dean's room. Charlie opened a box full of antique porn. "You keep your porn meticulously organized, but not-"

"Don't judge me," Dean retorted. "Ah!" He pulled the key from a box. "Yahtzee."

Charlie turned to see the Wicked Witch behind Dean and Dylan. "Dean! Dylan!"

The Wicked Witch grabbed the key from Dean's hand and slammed him into the wall; stunning him. She prepared to throw green lightning at him. Dylan pushed him to the ground. Before the green lightning could hit him, Charlie threw herself between Dylan and the green lightning bolt. The green lightning bolt hit her square in the chest.

"No!" Charlie cried.

She fell to the ground unconscious, and Dean stood and shot the Wicked Witch with a poppy bullet and she disappeared into the vent again.

"Charlie? Charlie?" Dean called, bending down and shaking her. "Charlie?!"

Dylan knelt next to Dean and took Charlie's hand, only to have it fall limp.

Dean cradled her head in his hand. "Charlie."

He carried Charlie to his bed and laid her down. "Charlie?" He wiped the hair from her face. "Charlie?" He started panicking. "No!"

In the hallway, Sam cried, "Dean! Dylan!"

Dean and Dylan whipped around and Dean cried, "Zeke!"

Sam entered the doorway, but his eyes flashed blue, as Ezekiel showed.

Dean pointed to Charlie. "Help her."

"She's gone."

Dean shook his head. "No. You can bring her back like you did with Cas and Rae."

"I cannot keep doing that."

"Why the hell not?!" Dean yelled.

"I am barely back to half-strength, Dean. Every time I use my power, it weakens me, which means I will have to stay in your brother longer than you want -- longer than we all want. The witch running around your bunker is very powerful. I can help with the witch or your friend."

"Save her," Dean and Dylan demanded.

"As you wish."

He approached Charlie and laid two fingers on her forehead. She gasped and sat up as Ezekiel fell to the ground unconscious. "Merry Christmas."

"Charlie?" Dean asked.

"Uh. Hey, I know you two."

Dean frowned. "We told you to stay in the dungeon."

Charlie looked at Dean. "Bet you say that to all the girls."

Sam jolted awake. "Dean? Dylan?"

"Sammy?" Dean and Dylan replied.

"What the hell just happened?"

Dylan met his eyes. "The witch -- the witch was about to pull a whammy on us, and, um, I jumped in front of Dean, then Charlie jumped in front of me. She got zapped, then the witch got the drop on you."

"Then why aren't we dead?"

Dean shrugged. "That's a good question. I, uh -- I clipped her with a -- with a poppy bullet. She got the key. I think she's gone."

Dorothy and Natalia entered and Dorothy informed, "No. She's wounded. We should still have some time. She could still be in the air vents."

Charlie tried standing from the bed, still woozy. "No. No, no. She's right. We -- we have to -- we-" Dylan steadied her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa."

"Just go. We'll catch up."

Charlie gestured to Sam and Natalia. "M-my gun's over there. There's one bullet in it."

Sam grabbed the gun and the siblings left.

Charlie turned to Dorothy. "Can we be best friends now? I already got Dylan."

The siblings walked through the hallway, looking for the Wicked Witch. Natalia was a couple feet ahead of her brothers.

"Who's Zeke?" Sam asked.

"What?" Dean said.

"When I came into your room, Dean, before I got zapped, I thought you said the name Zeke. Who's that?"

Dean looked worried a moment before saying, "Um... I think you're still a little punchy, man. Just keep moving."

DEAN'S ROOM

Charlie said to Dorothy and Dylan, "I had the weirdest dream while I was out. It was Christmas, and my parents we still alive, and-"

"Dream?" Dorothy interrupted. "Charlie, you died. Don't worry about it, though. You're not a real hunter until you've died and come back again."

"Slow down. Why would you think I died? Dylan, have you died?"

Dylan nodded. "Yeah. An angel brought me back."

"Heaven -- it's your dream life," Dorothy continued. "And if you were zapped by the Wicked Witch, instant death. I would know. She killed me too."

Charlie frowned. "Okay. Let's rewind here a bit. When did you die?"

"In Oz. My father was obsessed with his work as a Man of Letters, and then I was born... and nothing changed. He would keep his work a secret, but I was such a curious kid. I was always looking for trouble, looking for the next big adventure."

"I know the feeling. Seems like Dylan does too."

"I stowed away on one of his cases, wound up in the Emerald City, accidentally got left behind. It was terrifying."

"What happened?" Dylan asked.

"I met up with these three freedom fighters, and they though I was the child of destiny chosen to kill the Wicked Witch. They protected me, and then the witch turned them into-"

"A scarecrow, a tin man, and a lion?" Charlie interrupted.

"And she hunted me down and killed me."

"Yeah, that never made it to the books."

"Sometimes real life is darker than fiction."

The siblings were combing the main room and Dean spoke up. "Why haven't you moved in?"

"Is now really the time, Dean?" Sam asked.

"Well, I was just asking."

"Look, I never had what you had with mom and dad, okay? I had a little, but I don't remember a lot."

Natalia frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Nat, I know you don't remember home. I barely have memories of home. And whenever I've tried to make a home of my own, it really hasn't ended well."

Dean met Sam's eyes. "Yeah, but a lifetime of abandoned buildings and crappy motel rooms. I mean, this is about as close to home as we're gonna get, and it's ours."

Charlie, Dylan and Dorothy left Dean's room as Dylan questioned, "And what about the books?"

"Revisionist history," Dorothy replied. "That's my father's way of trying to undo what had happened to me. But II knew the truth. When the witch came to our world, I became a hunter, and my father wrote those silly books."

Charlie looked at her. "Don't you get it? The books aren't silly. They're guidebooks filled with clues he left for you. Haggerty pored through each one, and his research led him to uncover the poppies, so maybe there's something else from the books we can use, preferably something with a pointy end."

Dorothy's eyes lit up as a thought crossed her mind. "You are a genius. Come on. We've got to get to the garage."

"There's a garage in this place?! Oh, boy."

In the main room, Sam said, "Clear."

"I got nothing," Dean replied.

"Me either," Natalia added.

"What do you two think?" Sam asked. "Is she gone?"

Dean turned to see the Wicked Witch grab Sam and Natalia and almost shoot lightning at them. "Sam! Natalia!"

Dean rushed them and knocked the four of them over the table. Before they could recover, the Wicked Witch placed her hands on their foreheads and their eyes flashed green.

"Find the girls and the young man..." the Wicked Witch/Sam began.

"And kill them all," the Wicked Witch/Dean and the Wicked Witch/Natalia finished.

Dorothy, Dylan and Charlie entered the garage.

Dorothy looked around and saw a motorcycle. "Yes. I knew those boy scouts would keep it for me."

They rushed over to the bike and Dorothy started taking items from the saddle bag. She held up a mask. "Is that..." Charlie began.

"Yeah. He didn't make it."

"Ooh."

Dorothy kept digging. "Please be here. Please be here. Yes!" She pulled out a pair of ruby heels.

Dylan chuckled softly. "I don't believe it."

"Did you really walk down a brick road in these?" Charlie wondered.

Dorothy shook her head. "No. I never actually wore them. Seemed kind of tacky wearing a dead woman's shoes. Plus, I'm no good in heels, you know?"

"I don't suppose we could just wish her away?"

"Sorry. Another thing the books got wrong. But, like the poppies, these have magic from Oz -- sharp magic."

Dylan nodded slowly. "Death by shoe. Well, that sounds horribly unpleasant."

Wicked Witch/Dean said, "There you are."

Charlie turned to see the siblings and grinned. "Was that your Batman voice?" Their eyes flashed green. "That's definitely not your Batman voice."

"It's her," Dorothy warned. "She's possessed the three of them."

"I missed you, my pretty," Wicked Witch/Sam told Dorothy.

Wicked Witch/Natalia smirked. "Killing you a second time will be just as sweet as the first."

Charlie looked between them. "Guys, I know you're in there. Dean, Natalia, you guys can't let the witch do this. If she opens the door, she's going to destroy Oz."

Wicked Witch/Dean grabbed Charlie by her shoulders and smashed her into a glass window and she was punched by Wicked Witch/Natalia as Wicked Witch/Dean said, "I have no intention of escaping Oz. I'm going to bring my armies here."

"Don't worry," Wicked Witch/Natalia commented. "You'll join Dorothy right after you watch her die."

"Sorry about the nards, Dean, and the jaw, Natalia," Charlie apologized before kicking Dean between the legs and hitting Natalia's jaw. They doubled over in pain.

Dorothy threw the ruby heels at Charlie. "Go. Dylan and I'll buy you some time."

Charlie left and Dorothy and Dylan turned to face the siblings.

Dorothy said, "All right. Let's see what you pencil necks are made of." The possessed siblings started hitting Dorothy and Dylan, and they were soon bloody and beat up. "All right, let's do this the old-fashioned way. You in?"

Dylan nodded as Wicked Witch/Sam replied, "My body cannot hurt you, Dorothy."

"But theirs can," Wicked Witch/Dean finished.

Dylan grabbed Wicked Witch/ Natalia and held her tightly so she couldn't escape. Wicked Witch/Sam grabbed Dorothy and Wicked Witch/Dean held the demon knife to her throat.

The Wicked Witch, who was in the midst of her spell, went stiff and turned. Charlie, behind her, had stabbed the ruby heel into the Wicked Witch's head.

"Now heel," Charlie ordered.

In the garage, the Winchesters' eyes flashed green, breaking the spell.

"What the hell just happened?" Sam asked.

"Charlie," Dylan and Dorothy replied.

Natalia turned to face Dylan and put a hand on his cheek. "Sorry. I..."

Dylan cut her off. "You were possessed. I get it. I'm just glad you're you." He kissed her forehead and she smiled.

The five of them made their way back into the room and Charlie smiled at them before saying, "Ding-dong, bitches."

Sam went to deal with Crowley while the others hung around. When he returned, they made their way to the garage. Dean had driven the Impala inside.

Dean smiled. "Baby looks good in here, huh?"

Sam and Natalia grinned. "Not bad."

Charlie motioned Sam and Natalia to the side. "Dean, Dylan..."

"Dorothy, I, we, uh -- we found something in the archives," Sam said. "Pretty sure it belongs to you."

Natalia handed Dorothy a copy of 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz'. "Here you are."

Dorothy smiled. "You have no idea how odd it is having a series of books written about you."

"Actually, w-we do know, uh, and it is definitely weird," Sam agreed. "But you know what? End of the day, it's our story, so we get to write it."

Charlie said to Dean and Dylan, "So, thanks for the slumber party."

"Mm," Dean and Dylan hummed.

Charlie lowered her voice. "... and bringing me back from the dead."

Dean's brow furrowed. "Uh, we didn't."

Charlie frowned at him. "Don't B.S. a B.S.er. Am I a zombie now? Do I need to eat brains?"

Dylan nodded seriously. "Unfortunately, yes. Game of Thrones zombies or Walking Dead zombies. Your choice."

Dean shot his friend a look and replied, "No, no, no. He's joking. You're you. You're gonna be fine, all right? Just, um -- just keep this between us, okay?"

Charlie thought for a moment. "All right, but only 'cause you raised me from the dead, which you're going to have to explain to me later."

"All right."

The three of them rejoined Sam, Natalia and Dorothy.

Dorothy looked between them. "Not bad for a bunch of librarians. You mind keeping an eye on my bike for me?"

"Yeah, yeah, as long as you don't mind me or my sister taking it for a spin once in awhile," Dean answered.

"Deal. Thank you for everything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a rebellion to finish." Dorothy turned to Charlie. "So, you coming or what?"

Charlie's eyes widened. "What? With you? To Oz?"

"Yeah. You said you were looking for adventure. Well, here it is, Red. Come help me find my damn dog."

A concerned look crossed Dean's face. "You have no idea what's in Oz. I mean, t-there's flying monkeys, armies of witches. There's all kinds of danger."

Charlie lit up. "Promise?" She jumped to hug Dean, then Sam, then Natalia and then Dylan.

Sam smiled. "If you need anything, just, uh, tap your heels together three times, okay?"

Charlie turned to Natalia. "Let me know when he pops the question. Or when you do."

Natalia smiled. "I will."

Dylan took Natalia's hand. "I guarantee I'll be asking."

Charlie glanced between her friends. "Me? What about you crazy kids? You gonna be all right without me? Take care of yourselves, boys, Natalia."

"Charlie?" Natalia called.

"Yeah?"

"Call me Nat if you'd like."

"Nat. Suits you."

Dorothy and Charlie turned and inserted the key into the double doors at the end of the garage. They pushed them open to reveal and beautifully colored landscape with a yellow brick road running through it. The Emerald City was in the distance. They walked into Oz and turned to wave goodbye. The doors closed behind them. Dean, Sam and Natalia pushed the doors open, but it was just the underground tunnel leading out of the garage.

"Think she'll be back?" Dean asked wistfully.

Dylan shrugged as Sam and Natalia replied, "Of course."

Sam glanced at Natalia before adding, "There's no place like home."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

114 0 5
Hallie wasn't quite like her brother, but they did share some similarities. For years, she'd heard tales of the American Hunters and their reckless w...
103K 3.9K 53
Book 2 // REVOKE - An Original SPN Story Jackie Kaiser has trained and hunted for her entire life in order to build up her reputation as the notoriou...
2.5K 25 32
After a year of living an apple-pie life, Dean is back. Castiel is hiding something and once the truth gets out, things will get ugly. It's a whole...
42.5K 1K 26
Avery Reynolds had been through her fair share of trauma and heartache, but after one particularly horrific night, her life would change forever. She...