tie the knot (Jungkook x Read...

gukhyunjae által

Attending a school that only rich people could enter was a big privilege. But was having to deal with cocky k... Több

characters
chapter 1 | jealous
chapter 3 | a different way
chapter 4 | for him
chapter 5 | feel something
chapter 6 | lot to learn
chapter 7 | cave me in
chapter 8 | belong to you ⚠️
chapter 9 | no replacing you
chapter 10 | missing you
chapter 11 | love me now

chapter 2 | pop news

554 17 1
gukhyunjae által

After school, your driver picked you up and took you straight home exactly like Jin had asked you to. You opened the door of your home and entered to see your parents and your two siblings sitting down.

"Y/N-ah.." Your mom said, making you look at the both of your parents curiously.

"What.. What's going on?" You chuckled nervously before placing yourself on the couch along with them.

"We discussed this while you were at school and we came to the conclusion that since Jin would be handling my company in Seoul. We needed someone for my company in Busan. Jisoo is opening up her own company for fashion designing and we thought you were ready to start as well. I think you'd do great." Your dad says. You frown.

"Dad.. I don't even know what I want to do. How am I supposed to own a whole company?" You complained and your mom held your shoulders reassuringly.

"I know.. That's why we also considered selling the company to the Jeon's. We have done a lot of collaborations between the two and if they got a hold of the company, I think they'd be able to take good care of it. What do you think?" Jin explains to you. Really? In the hands of the next heir, Jungkook? Yeah. Like you'd let your dad's company be handled by that idiot. But then again, you don't have much experience other than the time you spent two weeks working partly in your dad's office. You weren't much of a better option either. You sighed, trying to think things through.

"Dad.. Is there really no other options?" You question and your dad sighs.

"Well.. There is.."

"What?"

"We'll have to talk it out with the Jeon's. Why don't you join us tomorrow?" Your mom says, interrupting your dad. You gulp and nod your head. If you can't take responsibility, might as well at least try to solve this.

"Fine.. I don't have class tomorrow anyway.", You said and stood up. "Okay. Can I head up to my room now?" Your dad nods his head before Jisoo stood up too.

"Woah woah.. No goodbye for your sis?" She says, holding out her arms. You chuckle and rush over to your brother and sister. You give them a big squeeze and smile.

"I'll miss you again. Come back soon, okay?" They both nodded at your words before getting ready to leave.

"Alright.. I gotta get back to the company."

"Yeah. And I have to go meet my coworker."

"Okay. Get on going then.." Your mom says and walks them out as you run up to your room. You sighed, wondering what's going to happen to the future of your dad's company. You grab your comfier clothes and get ready to shower.

The next day came by faster than you wanted it to. You don't even know why you were so nervous in the first place. You were about to get ready for the meeting until your mom peeks her head through the door.

"Hey sweetie.. Your father and Mr. Jeon had a long call last night and I think they came to a solution. I don't quite know much about it either but he just said to dress really nice so I got you these outfits. Pick whichever you want and where it with whatever shoes that come along with it." You looked at the whole rack your mom brought in as you nodded your head.

"Okay. Thanks mom.." You mumble as she leaves the room. You wonder what they concluded the solution as. You shrug and go through all of them. They were all really cute.

Y/N

"Y/N! We have company!" You hear from downstairs so you knew the Jeon's had come. You stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Focus, Y/N. All you have to do is pretend to be all happy with anything and be polite for the next hour. It'll be okay. On the bright side, it might not even last an hour. You can do this, Y/N.." You cheered for yourself and checked one last time on your outfit before walking downstairs.

"Y/N.. Oh my. You've gotten so pretty. I can't believe you matured so well."

"Oh.. Thank you, Mrs. Jeon." You blushed at the compliment before seeing Jungkook at the door. Why was he here? Why did nobody tell you he was going to be here?

"Please.. Mom is fine." She said. You almost let out a weird face before containing in your emotions.

"Mom? Is that so, ma'am?" You said as politely as you can.

"Oh.. You're just so cute. Let's sit down and discuss. Shall we?" You looked up at her words as everyone started sitting down. Jungkook sat in front of you and you felt a kick on your leg. You hiss but try to not attract too much attention.

"Anything wrong, dear?" Your mom said, noticing you wincing.

"Um no. Just hit my knee on the chair." You said, chuckling nervously before everyone giggles at your 'clumsiness'. Jungkook snickers, making you want to kick him harder.

"Anyway.. There is something we have to tell the both of you." You looked up at the parents before looking back at Jungkook.

"In order to have our companies combined, we need a continuation of generations to connect. We wanted a fair sharing between the companies so neither one of us would have full control. And for that to happen, we need a marriage. So, we are arranging you guys into a marriage contract."

"WHAT?!" You both said, standing up. You looked at your mom who was also shocked at your father's words.

"Dad.." You let out and smiled at Jungkook's mom, forgetting to keep your cool.

"If you guys don't want to, we'll just have to keep our companies separated which means your father's company will crash on one end." Jungkook's dad says. He was right. And that also meant it'll affect Jin's company. You were having a mental crisis.

"Wait. Dad. I have to marry her?" Jungkook says. Finally. If he says no, then I won't have to.

"Yes son.. To honor each other's businesses. I think it's a great way to let the two most amazing kids together. Plus, as kids, you two always used to say you'd get married to each other. What's going to stop you two?" The parents were all smiling at each other, waiting for our agreement. No way. No way are you going to let that happen. What could stop the two of you? Um.. Maybe the fact that he has a girlfriend? Or that he has been torturing you for the past three years? Maybe because he just isn't the boy you first met anymore?

"Sure dad. I'll marry her." You were speechless with Jungkook's response.

"Really? Oh. I knew my son would come around. Thanks." His mom said. What were you going to do? You can't just marry him. He is going to play around with you just like in school. Except this time, it gives him a right to be like that at home too. Well actually. If there's marriage.. There's divorce. If you got married and he took over the company and you divorced him, you would get half but he'd still have to manage the company. That's actually not a bad idea. You nodded your head and looked at your parents.

"Fine.. But, that doesn't mean we'll be living together, right?" You said trying to figure things out.

"Of course not.", You let out a relieved sigh. "Well.. At least not yet." Your mom's tricky sentence almost made you spit out your saliva. You were disgusted with yourself.

"We're planning on getting you guys a house before graduation since your wedding will be held a month after." Jungkook's dad notifies the both of you. You sigh. At least graduation isn't until a couple months. What were you going to do? Lisa hated you as it is. What would happen if she found out you're marrying him? But Jungkook would break up with her. Right? Like, it'll only harm Lisa with too much jealousy.. Or will he not? How did you even get stuck in this situation?

"Well, now that that is settled. Let's celebrate this weekend." Jungkook's dad says, standing up. Your dad stands up as well and reaches out his hand.

"Yeah. I'll make a reservation at the newly opened buffet."

"Great.. See you then." Once your dads were discussing and your moms were catching up, Jungkook walked over to you.

"Why would you agree to this? You have Lisa. What are you going to do with her? It's only a matter of time she fin-"

"Oh no.. You're telling no one about this. Lisa doesn't need to know and it'll stay that way. Don't you forget for a second that I can easily embarrass you in front of everyone and all your friends would leave." Jungkook's threat made you gulp. He didn't have much against you but it always made you obey him anyway. It was your fault for letting him but you couldn't help it.

"She's gonna find out. The wedding's going to be in less tha-"

"Yeah. Well until then, you will keep your mouth shut. Understand?" Jungkook hooked his finger on your chin, making you look up at him.

"Fine." You said in defeat, removing your face from his grip.

"Before you two kids get all lovey dovey there, we need to get going. Save that for the honeymoon." Jungkook's mom teased causing your mom to laugh. There's going to be a honeymoon?! Oh god.. You gave a fake smile and looked up at Jungkook who was smirking.

"Okay mom. Let's go." He says and heads out with his parents. So he's a mama's boy. You rolled your eyes and once the door closes, you look over to your dad.

"Dad! Why didn't you tell me I was getting married?" You weren't angry but you were confused and kind of upset that your dad didn't even discuss any of this with you.

"Yeah honey.. That was a kind of a bomb you dropped on us."

"Kind of? At least you don't have to marry a guy you don't love." You didn't understand why your parents were so okay with it.

"Why didn't you say anything if you didn't like it?" You almost wanted to scoff at your dad's question.

"I thought it'd be rude."

"Honey.. We're business people. Adults, while you're at it too. If you had something to say, you should have just said it. We would have figured something out." You let out a sigh, thinking that it's a little too late for that.

"And hey, Y/N.. It's Jungkook we're talking about. You've loved him when you were a kid."

"Yeah. When I was a kid." You didn't mean to be all snappy but you just really did not want to accept the fact that you have to marry him.

"What's wrong, Y/N? If there's something you don't like about it, tell us right now." Your mom clearly hated your attitude. You took a deep breath before thinking about what Jungkook's dad had said earlier. Your father's company would crash and this is the last option. Even if your dad says he'll figure it out, you didn't want to risk anything.

"I'm sorry, dad.. It was just a little sudden. That's all. I'm sure we'll figure something out.", You said and hugged the both of them. "Sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you guys. It was just a little surprising." They both nodded their heads as your dad combed your hair softly.

"It's okay. We get it. But who knows? Maybe you will fall in love with him." Your dad suggests with his playful face. You chuckle and place your head on his chest.

"Oh.. It'll be fine. And plus, I'm so excited to take you shopping for this. You will be so pretty and everything must go perfect for the wedding." Your mom says, letting go. She gives you a soft squeeze on your hand and nods her head with a grin.

Wow.. That was the most unexpected news ever. You took out your phone as your parents walked back to their work. Calling Jisoo, you placed your phone next to your ear. Hearing the phone ring, you walked out of the house to take a short walk.

Jisoo: "Yeah. What's up?"

Y/N: "Did you know that I was getting married?"

Jisoo: "WHAT?! You're getting WHAT?!"

Y/N: "Yeah. Apparently, the only way to save dad's company is for me to marry into the Jeon's family. I guess they chose Jungkook because Junghyun's already starting his life with his girlfriend and everything."

Jisoo: "Wait. Hold up. So you're getting married before me? And with a guy you barely even like. How is that fair?"

Y/N: "I know right? Like, I don't even like him and now they expect me to love him. Like how am I supposed to do that?"

Jisoo: "I was talking about you finding love faster than me but yeah. That too.."

Y/N: "The amount of self-esteem each person in this family sometimes scares me."

Jisoo: "Haha.. Okay. Sorry."

Y/N: "And also. Who said it was love? Jungkook hates me. And I.. I hate him too."

Jisoo: "Why did you hesitate?"

Y/N: "No, I didn't. What? What did I hesitate on?"

Jisoo: "Oh. I see what's going on here."

Y/N: "You do?"

Jisoo: "Yeah.. You like him but because you think he won't return your feelings with him, you're scared and you don't want to be hurt. I'm right, aren't I? Ugh, I hate being right. Wait. No, I don't."

Y/N: "God. We get it. You love yourself. Anyways.. You're right but wrong. I already know I'd get hurt. Jungkook has a girlfriend. And that's why I tried getting over him. And right when I thought I did, this happens."

Jisoo: "Wow.. That's tough, Y/N.. I hope you figure things out."

Y/N: "Yeah.. Me too. Oh wait. Nayeon's calling me. I guess I'll just keep you updated."

Jisoo: "Okay. Be careful. Love you."

Y/N: "Mhm.. You too, sis."

Nayeon: "Hey. You wanna hang out this weekend?"

Y/N: "I can't.. Well I guess it depends on which day but I don't know."

Nayeon: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "Okay, Nayeon. Don't get mad, sad, frustrated, or just moody. Okay?"

Nayeon: "What makes you think I'd do that?"

Y/N: "Um. Maybe the time you freaked when I told you I ate the last popsicle from MY house. Or the time when you got mad because I forgot to give you a piece of paper for notes. Or also that one ti-"

Nayeon: "OKAY! We get it. I'm moody."

Y/N: "Haha. Alright. I'm getting married."

Nayeon: "Ha. Okay. Nice joke. Seriously, Y/N. What is it?"

Y/N: "I'm serious."

Nayeon: "No, you're not."

Y/N: "Yes, I am."

Nayeon: "Oh yeah? With who?"

Y/N: "Jeon Jungkook."

Nayeon: "WHAT?!"

Y/N: "Yep. That's exactly how my sister reacted too. That's actually how I reacted too."

Nayeon: "So it's actually true."

Y/N: "Yeah. That's kind of what I've been trying to tell you."

Nayeon: "But you.. He.. How?"

Y/N: "My parents need this for their company. I mean it's only for the business. Nothing else. So I'm sure Jungkook doesn't care."

Nayeon: "So hold up.. I at least get to be a bridesmaid, right?"

Y/N: "Of course.. What would I do without you?"

Nayeon: "Yeah well. If he does anything to you, I swear I will rip his head off."

Y/N: "Thanks but I'm good. I love you but I don't need you going to jail. Plus, he won't do anything. Apparently, he's a mama's boy. All I have to do is be a good daughter-in-law to her and maybe her words can convince Jungkook."

Nayeon: "Oh.. You are a sneaky girl."

Y/N: "I learned from the best."

Nayeon: "And the student becomes the master. I'm so proud.."

Y/N: "We can hang out another time though."

Nayeon: "Of course! When's the wedding?"

Y/N: "After graduation."

Nayeon: "I guess it's not too close so not too bad.."

Y/N: "Yeah.."

Nayeon: "And also Taehyung bought these donuts from across town and said they were really good. Next time, let's all go. You, Taehyung, Jimin, and me."

Y/N: "Oh my god.. I don't turn down food. It's a date."

Nayeon: "Ugh.. I wish it was a double date. It'd be so cute. But freaking Jungkook had to get in the way."

Y/N: "I mean... Jungkook has a girlfriend and he isn't planning on breaking up with her anytime soon. Wait no.. What am I saying? I'm not mean like that."

Nayeon: "You're right.. The least you could do is show him who's boss and can actually take things seriously and professionally. I have to go cause my mom called me down but you better keep me in the loop. Alright?"

Y/N: "Yeah. For sure.. I'll just add you in the groupchat."

Nayeon: "You have a groupchat?"

Y/N: "No. But at this point, I'm considering it."

Nayeon: "Ooh.. Who are you going to add?"

Y/N: "I don't know.. You for sure, Jimin, maybe Jisoo, and maybe Taehyung. I guess that's it."

Nayeon: "Yeah. Do those people. I think it'll be fun."

Y/N: "Okay great.."

Nayeon: "I vote naming the groupchat 'Jungkook Haters'."

Y/N: "Nayeon!"

Nayeon: "What? I ain't wrong."

Y/N: "Okay okay.. Just go."

Nayeon: "Fine. Bye then.."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

642K 26.7K 33
"V, ahh, she is your soon to be wife." - Mum "WHAT?! MARRY, HIM/HER?" - Hyera and Taehyung ____________________________________ Something unwanted ha...
1.3M 51.7K 45
Seven Royals, Prince of Gwacheon, Kim Seokjin Lord Min Yoongi from Daegu Prince of Gwangju, Jung Hoseok Prince of Ilsan, Kim Namjoon Lord Park Jimin...
481K 17.3K 41
"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that half bad looking" he looked you up and...
310K 18.6K 50
[COMPLETED + EDITED] To get in the National High School of Seoul, was not a right, but a privilege. Getting accepted meant that you were the best o...