The Vikings Payment

Autorstwa War_Goddess_Nae

I was no longer safe in my own I no longer have a home, I am nothing but payment to these monster to protect... Więcej

Taken
The Voyage
Mind Me
My heart
Take My body not my heart
New Day
Questionable
The First Night On The Ship
Author Question
Arrival Of Secrets
Monster in Human Form
Flattery Gets None
New Affairs
Standing For Death
Innocent Death
Run Rabbit
Lord Aku's P.O.V
Deceit
Waiting Game
Passage Of Time
Contest
A Twist Of Heart
A Change In Heart
Wake Up... YOUR DREAMING !!!
Author's Note
The Wedding Preparation
A Dark Time Ahead
The Angel of Death
A Wind of Sorrow

Not So Happy Ever After

55.5K 973 146
Autorstwa War_Goddess_Nae

I laid down on the beach as the sound of waves hit the beach.The sun beating down on me warming me, the wind carrying the mist of the ocean on me. I remember before my mother died we would spend a lot of time at this beach waiting for my father to return from war. My father was a great king a honorable man he won many wars but everything changed when one day he didn't come back.

The army was seen off in the distance my mother gathered herself as she gave order to our handmaids.

"Ladies clean up the dinning room, have the cook start making the kings favorite dish and bring the horses around front" she command picking me up carrying me to the front of the castle.

We got up on the horse and road fast towards the beach where my father and his men were. I looked up at my mother as her wild black hair flew in the wind along with her black cape. She rode the horse as if she was riding to save our lives. When we came in view of the ships the men looked gloomed and sadden by what I am not sure. My mother came upon my father ship and quickly jumped off the horse as she ran into my father's ship.

I waited as my father men helped me from the horse, I quickly ran to my father ship as I heard my mother scream. I ran past the men and onto the ship only to see my mother on her knees crying over my father's body he was dead.

After my father's death my mother was forced to remarry because a women was not as respected as a man. My mother ended up marrying lord Draink the man to come to success if anything happen to my father. Lord Draink was a wicked man evil and horrible, soon after the marriage my mother died from unknown cause some say it was a broken heart others believed it was lord Draink. Once my mother was dead I basically fell into his hands and I was his step-daughter after all.

I spent most of my days after my parents died brushing my hair being a lady and being a lady of court. What I didn't know is lord Draink had a plan for me I was going to be a peace offering to the vikings.

After my mother died lord Draink made a deal with some raiders not to raid our kingdom but for us to pay them to protect. From what I am told this viking king agreed to such a deal and each month a charge is due 1 trunks of gold filled to the top. with lord Draink spending money as he willed soon the village became broke no one had money for much of anything cause of taxes. One month before my birthday a new viking showed up and orders twice the money. He paid that but the next month was more then he could give him so he made up a plan and my purpose became evident to him.

April 9th (Neania's 20th birthday)

I woke to the sound of the warning bells that we had visitors. I quickly got up Parisa open the door

"Happy birthday my lady" she yelled and walked to the window pulling back the curtains.

"thank you" I smiled pushing my hair back towards the ponytail.

"Come we must get you ready, today the village will want to admire their beautiful princess on her 20th birthday." she smiled walking to the closet of dress pulling out a long yellow dress with black beading.

I sat down at my vanity as Parisa begin to braid my hair. I watched she twisted the top into a high bun with a huge sunflower at the top and then she braid a huge braid to my waist and knotted it to the top of my hair.

My bedroom door came flying open

"Is our harlet ready for show and tell" Dranik said as he came in and came close to me in the mirror pulling one of my loose strains of hair.

"I am not a harlet lord " I whimpered as he pulled the lock down

"Please lord do not mess up her hair" Parisa said in a soft pleading tone

"hahaha, you plead me to not mess up her hair or do you command me not to"? he asked

Parisa got on her knees " I am begging you lord please don't mess up her hair" she whispered

He tug the hair and another strains came out "Have her ready before the vikings arrive" he commanded Parisa as he pushed her down and walked out of the room .

I quickly got up and bent down helping Parisa off the floor, wiping the tears off her cheek.

"Come Parisa everything will be fine" I helped her into the chair tucking the loose hair away from my face.

"I hhhhate him" she whispered

"Come Parisa lets bathe and ready our self's" I said grabbing her hand leading her to the bathing room.

Once we finish bathing and dressing Parisa went to the kitchen to help the cooks prepare for my birthday dinner and the arrival of the vikings. I walked towards the stable my horse was waiting for me in expectation to ride.

"Hi lady are you ready to ride" I whispered in her ear climbing on top of her.

We stared riding towards the gates when I came to the gates the men did not raise them.

"RISE THE GATES" I yelled the two men backed the away and Rier came from behind the side wall.

"Lord Draink said we are not allowed to let you out of the gates" he said in a relaxed tone leaning against the gates.

"AND WHY NOT AM I ALLOWED TO LEAVE" I yelled making everyone around me flinch.

"If you have a problem you need to speak with your lord, my LADY." he yelled lady and everyone looked

I turned my horse around and went back to the stable, I dismounted my horse and walked inside. I walked down the hall of royal which was pictures of my family and into lord Draink's office. He sat their working on probably some evil plan to kill someone with money.

"Why have you came bothering me"? he asked in a rushed and annoyed tone

"The guard say I am not allowed out the gates by your order and I have came to ask you why"? I whispered my whole sentence

"I am keeping you in the gates and that is all, now go away and do something to make yourself pretty" he said waving his hand for me to go away.

I stood their for a second before Parisa came in crying and pulling me out. I followed as she pulled me into the hallway, I pulled back.

"What's wrong Parisa"? I asked stopping her

Tears stained her dress and she rubbed her hands on her dress looking at the ground she finally looked up, staring at me long and hard as to look in my soul.

"He is going to pay the vikings with slaves, prisoners" she said falling to her knees crying harder.

"Parisa, wait what are you talking about payment wont be accepted in any way but money he wont take slaves" I said rubbing her back and helping her up

"Are you sure Neania" she whispered hugging me

"I am sure Parisa" I said rubbing her hand

We started walking towards my bedroom when a guard stopped us, he begin talking to Parisa about my birthday party and things. I wasn't paying much attention until the villages bell went off

Ding, Ding, Ding

The vikings have arrived I grabbed Parisa arm and begin to pull her down the hallway as the guard yelled "Stop wait". Once we made it to my room I quickly slammed the door and sat down .

"Neania, my lady are you sure everything is okay." Parisa said sitting next to me

"Yeah I just hate being out there when I know that vikings are taking from us robbing us blind" I said slamming my small hand on the table.

I laid back on my bed and Parisa laid next to me "I will always be here with you no matter what" she whispered as I started to fall asleep.

A Few hours later their was a knock on my door Parisa got up and slowly walked to the door and cracked it open. I watched as she whispered to whoever it was for a while and then shut the door quietly.

"I am up, who was it" i said slowly getting up from the bed

"It was a royal guard he said lord Draink has requested you attend dinner with the vikings and him they all wish to celebrate your birthday" she said walking towards me to fix my hair.

"I am nervous I have never been invited to the dining hall while the vikings are there" I rubbed my hands on my dress.

"Relax its just your birthday everything will be fine" Parisa said rubbing my back and grabbing my hand.

We walked to the dinning hall and when I came close to the hall these huge well built men were their standing with axes and swords standing at alert. I lifted my head and Parisa did the same walking right behind me, they stopped and looked at us with such force I could feel their gaze on us but I would not show them I was paying attention. I walked right towards the door as one of them spoke

"Look at how little she is Maarku" said the one with light white skin and brown hair

"Jaakko" said the blackest one with a long black beard and long dread locks

"What Captain" he yelled out

What happen next took me by surprise for I never expected Parisa to be so bold and outspoken as she had been today.

"We can hear you speaking about us" she said clear sending a message of anger in her tone

The one they called Maarku walked up to her and smiled bending down in her face "Little maiden I will advise you to take your lady in waiting and keep moving little women" he smiled as he whispered it to her.

I quickly grabbed her and pulled her towards the door the guard stopped us and walked in to announce we have arrived. The doors opened wide reveling us in the hall I walked in with Parisa in tow My step father was sitting at the top of the table grinning ear to ear. At the other end of the table was a light brown man with long hair, he was well built with broad shoulder his weapon sat on the table with in arms reach. It was just them in their no guards or anything.

"Come my daughter" Draink said reaching his hand towards me

I looked behind me at Parisa smiled as I started to walk I could feel the viking watching me every movement was monitored. The doors slammed behind us making me jump as I finally reached Draink.

"This is Neania Kuluni, our lovely princess" Draink said smiling looking at the viking who was still watching me as if I was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Take a spin for us" he commanded me

I looked at Parisa and she bowed her head not really knowing how to comfort me. I picked up my dress and slowly turned he was still staring at me like I was a prize cattle then he put his hand up and shook his head. I looked at lord Draink and he frowned

"Parisa leave" he said in a sharp tone

Parisa looked at me and tears poured her face she begin to weep and run out of the area.

"You are not please" he said in a sharp tone

"Give me my payment and we will be on our way, do you expect me to believe something so pretty is pure" his voice was strong it sent shivers down my spine, commanding it was.

"I swear to you she is pure we can have anyone you want check her over" Lord Draink said

Everything begin to click he wasn't giving him slaves or any money he was trying to sell me. He was going to give me to the vikings as payment my face held fear and terror for I knew now I was no longer safe in my home. The viking looked at me and frowned then looked at Draink and smiled

"I will call my sister to come and look her over but if you waste her time or mines you will pay double payment and we will take your life" he said then biting into a apple and smiling at me.

"MARRUK" he yelled causing me to jump.

The door open and in walked the captain of the viking. He looked at his leader and bowed down putting his right fist over his heart.

"Yes my leader" he said waiting for hia masters command.

"Bring me my sister at once" he command still looking at me.

I looked down at the table to avoid his gaze that made me feel like a prize cattle. I waited as I heard the door slam shut again as he left to retrieve his masters sister.

"Bring the cake in" Draink command breaking the ailents between us.

Two slaves walked in with a huge cake and sat it on the table in front of where I was standing. The cake was 2 foot tall, yellow and white with big sunflowers all over it. I could smell the honey and vanilla coming from the cake I started thinking of my mother when Draink spoke taking me out of my memory.

"Are you going to cut the cake my dear" he spoke to me all sweet as if he really cared about me.

I grabbed the knife that sat on the table and started cutting my cake. Once I finish cutting the cake the slaves made two plates and I stood their as they started eating the sweet cake. The viking drank a cup of mead to wash the cake down . While lord Draink just smiled at me eating his cake.

*Authors Notes* Hi everyone I am writing this story for fun so most likely is not audited or corrected so please forgive and I will be updating twice a week Tuesday and Friday. Also whwnever I feel like it in the days between thanks foe reading.*

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.1K 56 20
I don't remember how long I've been locked in here. A week? A month? Two maybe? All I know is that he will come rescue me. He always does. First beca...
20 1 1
I've been alone my whole life. I can't let that change. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. My kind isn't meant for love. That's only for humans.
13.7K 427 23
I was suppose to have been dead according to my headstone. As you can see though, that's not the case at all. I was murdered by an insane mad man, or...
18.5K 328 15
"How can I move on when he still has my heart?" He broke me. He made my life living hell.... But I still love him...||COMPLETE||