𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 - [𝗘𝗹𝗶�...

By CELESTIELS

˖⋆࿐໋₊𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 (DISCONTINUED) DEFECTIVE. (a.) something or someone that is... More

𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨. the graphic showcase
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨. the playlist
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢.
  𝐨. the harvest
  𝐢. the legalities
  𝐢𝐢. the dramatic introductions
  𝐢𝐢𝐢. the welcomed alliance
  𝐢𝐯. the magical, miracle baby
  𝐯. the parched stag
  𝐯𝐢. the siphon
  𝐯𝐢𝐢. the time for control
  𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the threat
  𝐢𝐱. the parasite
  𝐱. the late night swim
  𝐱𝐢. the little thief
  𝐱𝐢𝐢. the pop-tarts
  𝐱𝐢𝐯. the magical hands
  𝐱𝐯. the king of the quarter
  𝐱𝐯𝐢. the vampire rescue squad
  𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the dramatics
  𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the past
  𝐱𝐢𝐱. the runaway witch
  𝐱𝐱. the poison
  𝐱𝐱𝐢. the saved
  𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. the rampage
  𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the courageous
  𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. the tears and truth
  𝐱𝐱𝐯. the cafe
  𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the missing sister
  𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the ambush
  𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the departure
  𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. the quest for peace
  𝐱𝐱𝐱. the reunion
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. the dislodged stick
𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓, update schedule
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. the vindictive
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the shock therapy
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. the move for power
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. the dreams of the dead
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the memory of a child
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the protective parents
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the mortal
  𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. the fading song
  𝐱𝐥. the letter
  𝐱𝐥𝐢. the confession

  𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the vampire with a fever

11.3K 540 267
By CELESTIELS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the vampire with a fever

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 Elijah for a short while, the two spoke of nothing in particular but eventually, the man seemed to have fallen asleep and so, the siphon left him to rest, swiped up her box of Poptart's and made her way outside to join Hayley.

The wolf glanced over her shoulder with a smile as she heard the siphon approach and join her side, each of them dangling their legs off the wooden dock. The water rippled beneath them as small jostles of wind passed them by; it was much better than being in the sauna-like shack.

Ophelia basked in the cooler air and ripped open the box of Poptart's, tearing into the silver wrapper to grab one of the strawberry flavored rectangles. The girls sat in a comfortable silence as they both happily munched away on the sugary treats, Hayley was flicking through an old book and Ophelia could see the neat and cursive scrawls of names, "What's that?"

The wolf's shoulders slumped as she brought her legs up and onto the dock, crossing them beneath herself, "It's an old bible, but there's a bunch of names. One of them shares my birthday; Andrea Lebonair... this- this could be my family tree. Someone left it here."

"Well, you're a wolf, this place is where the wolves used to come."

"There aren't any here."

"There's an original vampire here, even if there were any wolves here, they couldn't come out. Wolves and vampires don't get along."

"Yet here I am, living with an entire family of them." Hayley chuckled, subconsciously rubbing her small baby bump.

"They all care for you though, and the baby. The biggest, badest vampires melting because of a child."

"It sounds weird when you put it like that."

"The whole situation is weird." Ophelia paused as she turned her head towards the young mother to be, "How are you doing, by the way, you said you have no idea what you're doing."

Hayley shrugged and Ophelia could make out the small hint of sadness and insecurity hidden within her hazel eyes before she dropped her head, "I was adopted. My real parents didn't want me and when I turned in the middle of my adoptive parent's living room, they kicked me out... I've been on my own since. How can I be a good mother if I have nothing to go off?"

"You're already doing everything you can to protect your baby, just that alone makes you a good mother. All you have to do is love her, that'll be enough." Ophelia spoke in a voice softer than Hayley had ever heard. She was used to the siphon being confident and assertive. Her voice was powerful and clear, like a queen, and yet then and there, she sounded so kind and it was exactly what she needed to hear. "You'll be a great mother."

The two settled back into a small spell of silence. Hayley was stuck on the words that had been spoken; it was as if they had caressed her heart and mind, her eyes dropped towards her bulging belly as her thumb stroked circles into the material covered skin and a smile grew on her lips.

Ophelia, however, was sucked back to the treacherous thoughts of her own dastardly parents. The way they had treated her and her brother was something she could never forgive, the pure hatred in their eyes whenever they looked at their defective children was something she would never forget.

Before her mind was plagued with the darkness of her past, Elijah's pain-filled groans accompanied by a loud bang erupted from inside the cabin and Ophelia was quick to jump to her feet. She placed a comforting hand on the wolf's shoulder before quickly making her way inside.

The original's face was scrunched up in pure agony and his body felt like it was on fire. Sweat pooled over his body and dripped down his skin as he tossed and turned on the bed and without much thought, Ophelia did what she would always do for Kai when he got sick. She lifted Elijah's head with delicate hands and shifted so that she could sit on the bed before placing his head down in her lap, her hair tickling his stubbled cheeks as she looked down at his pain-ridden face.

She used the back of her hands to wipe away the sweat that had gathered on Elijah's forehead as he panted. His eyes darted around the room as if he couldn't recognize where he was, his body was still twisting and turning, but eventually settled as she held his shoulders down. Before Ophelia could even process what was happening, her vision blurred and her head pounded before the scene in front of her changed entirely.

The scene was blurry and different shapes danced across her vision, flashes of a beautiful dark-skinned woman with bundles of gorgeous curls atop her head came into view. Droplets of water covered her as she dragged a sponge across her flawless skin. Her face lit up with a smile that was directed towards somebody on the other side of the room. Warmth shone in her chocolate-colored eyes as she beckoned her visitor to come closer with a teasing grin.

Elijah's desperate hands flew to Ophelia's arms, gripping them like a lifeline, not even registering the way her muscles tensed beneath his palms, "Celeste?" he muttered with a weak voice that was all breath. The skin of her arms burned from beneath his fingertips, something she chalked up to his temperate.

Her voice was as smooth as silk as she called out his name, "Elijah."

His eyes suddenly focused as he realized that he was in fact, hallucinating, and he inhaled sharply at her voice. His dark gaze drifted to where his hands were gripped her arms and he pulled them back as if a shock jolted through him.

His features were downcast, shame for what he was thinking and guilt for what he had caused and brought into Celeste's life. "Ophelia... I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else."

"Celeste? She was gorgeous." Ophelia smiled as she let out a small breath, "You let me into your mind."

"I did?" The man questioned with concern. He sighed at himself, embarrassment towards his own frail mind. In his state he couldn't control who was seeing what played inside of his head, though he had to admit, he was thankful that it was Ophelia and not somebody else. He knew he could trust the woman, that she wouldn't mention what she saw if he expressed his discomfort. But even so, his mind was a dark place, a place he wished for nobody to visit. "I'm not well, I should go. This is..."

His movements paused as her hands drifted to his chiseled cheeks, her thumbs resting on his high cheekbones before he could even attempt to move, "It's okay, Elijah. Let me take care of you."

Their eyes maintained contact as she smiled down at him. His lips were parted, his hot breaths brushing her forehead and slightly jostling the stands of hair that hung down despite her having thrown the tendrils over her shoulder. The heat of his body seemed to have lightened, building and scorching where her skin met his.

It was that moment that Elijah noticed how beautiful she was, of course he had noticed and appreciated her prior to then, but just seeing the siphons face so relaxed and content even though she was dedicating her time to taking care of him. It tugged at his heart that he was able to draw such an expression out of her. He considered himself lucky, that a woman with so much power and bravery, let down her guard just slightly to give him some comfort. He didn't deserve it.

His own, larger hand reached up slowly, giving her time to register the movement, before he placed it over hers, "Thank you."

Ophelia's eyes were glued to their connected hands and for once that feeling that chewed at her entire being to either run or fight settled. It settled into wisps that still tugged at her heart and head, but it was possible for her to simply bypass and enjoy the contact.

Hugs from Davina always awoke something inside of the siphon, the caring and calmer side of her that she had tried so hard to bury and destroy, she chalked it down to seeing the little witch as something of a younger sister. But Elijah, she wasn't sure why she felt... not completely comfortable, that itch to remove his hand from hers was still there, but able to withstand it, willing to withstand it. She was okay with the contact and didn't fear it. She didn't fear him.

In the midst of their small and rather intimate stare off, Elijah could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, he could hear the slight sound of someone other than the two of them and Hayley shuffling around the woods. His voice was a low whisper, "We're being watched."

Ophelia's eyes widened, "Hayley!" She called out to get the wolf's attention and outside the wolf snapped her head up, her eyes catching those of an older woman. The she-wolf jumped to her feet, a hand cradling her bump as she made to chase after the woman before coming to a halt as the woman ran off and disappeared into the foliage of the woods surrounding them.

Ophelia snapped her head towards the door as Hayley marched inside, determination painted on her sharp features. "I'm going to search for whoever that was." The wolf spoke.

"Be careful, shout if you need me, and please don't die," Ophelia responded with a short nod. She knew that allowing the pregnant wolf to wander alone in the woods wasn't exactly a smart idea, but Hayley wasn't useless, she was still a wolf. Plus, the last time Ophelia had been out there, the wolves had come to her aid and so she was certain that they'd do the same for their kin.

As soon as Hayley and left and the door slammed shut behind her, Elijah cleared his throat, "Was it wise to let her go alone?"

"She's a smart girl, and she can handle herself. Vampire's don't come out here, so my guess is that it was one of her own kind."

"How can you be certain?"

"I'm not." she shrugged as she leaned over the side of the bed to pick up a damp washcloth to press to the originals soaked forehead, "I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. That could be her family out there, she deserves the chance to meet them."

Elijah's lips parted to speak, but before he had the chance he was thrown into another coughing fit, his body writhing in pain as his white knuckles clutched at the sheets on the bed, threatening to tear them apart. The bite on the side of his neck was still dripping with blood and didn't look like it was even close to sealing itself and releasing him of his torment.

As he continued to write, Ophelia placed her hands on the bare skin of his biceps, her thumb just brushing the sleeves he had rolled up. Her grip was stronger than he thought the young woman would possess and he inwardly scolded himself for even bothering to form an opinion on such a thing, of course she would prove him wrong.

Ophelia couldn't quite be gentle with the man because despite the pain he was enduring, he was still an original vampire, his strength far outweighed her own. Her fingers were practically digging into his skin as she tried to keep him still as the pain continued to flare and shoot throughout his body.

The skin on skin contact had once again forced a small headache to form within Ophelia's mind as her vision blurred once again as Elijah unintentionally allowed her to see another of his private memories.

The same beautiful woman from before, Celeste, was alone in her bathtub softly brushing the sponge over her the skin of her defined leg. Droplets traced her skin and fell back into the tub, jostling the rose petals that floated around her as she hummed a delicate tune to herself.

Her eyes slowly moved away from her body as she made contact with Elijah. There he stood looking just as handsome as he did in resent day, though his usual suit was replaced with nineteenth-century finery. The clothes clung to his figure, and yet that wasn't the most startling part of the picture that played out, the smile on his lips was full of adoration, pure and devoted love that only grew with each step he took towards the bathing woman.

Celeste's expression mimicked his, the love was returned, that much was clear. A small, almost breathless laugh left her full lips and to Elijah's surprise, she threw the sopping wet sponge towards him and giggled with pure mirth and mischief as he caught it in his large hands. Her lips curved in false innocence and her tone was as smooth and as sweet as honey, "Assistance, please, good sir."

Elijah rose a brow as he leaned against one of the walls as his eyes glossed over the glorious woman in front of him, "No, I'm much happier taking in such a wonderous view." His eyes darkened as he skimmed every inch of her, "It's perfection."

"Your brother is again up to no good. He's challenging the gentry to duels as though they have any chance of a fair fight."

Elijah sighed as he approached her. He took a seat on the edge of the bathtub, droplets of water falling from the hand that held the sponge, whilst the other was outstretched, beckoning for her to raise a leg, "I do grow weary of sacrificing my joy to temper my brother's mischief. Surely, you can cast a spell to put him in his place."

"It would take a hundred witches to put him in his place." Celeste hummed with a quirked brow, her eyes were unmoving from the sponge he swiped against her leg, each brush feeling like electricity to the both of them. Her eyes met his, "Besides, he only ever listens to you."

"Yes. He certainly needs a little discipline." the man sighed as he carelessly tossed the sponge back into the tub, light droplets landing on her glowing skin. Without breaking eye contact, Elijah gently grasped the women's leg and brought her foot towards his lips. Lust sparked within him as he peppered kisses on her toes, "Perhaps a spanking of some kind is in order. I think I shall need some rehearsal. Come."

The witch let out a breathless laugh as she met her lover halfway, their lips coming together in a passionate kiss.

Without warning, the view of the dusty and rundown shack came into view as Elijah's memory faded and they were each forced back into reality. The skin beneath her palms was growing even hotter and throughout the trip through Elijah's memory, her nails had dug into his skin. She pulled her buzzing hands from his flesh and sighed as the man shivered and groaned.

Elijah finally opened his eyes; his tone held a hint of finality that made the women above him raise a brow, "Ophelia, please. This fever. My mind is flooded with these torturous memories. You have to-"

"Tell me to leave and I'll cover your mouth with my hand."

"It's not safe-"

Ophelia followed through with her small threat, her small hand moving to cover his mouth entirely. His breath was hot against the skin of her palm and when he sighed, his burning lips brushed against her. And yet she stared down at him with defiance, "You were saying?"

She could feel the man's lips twist into the smallest of smiles beneath her palm and she grinned down at him, a shorter lock of hair fell from behind her ear and dangled over her cheek, "I know you're a big, bad original vampire whose probably never had to deal with so much as a common cold, but seriously, give it up. You're sick and I'm taking care of you, let me do something good."

His eyes narrowed at her final statement. All he had seen from the woman thus far was good. She had helped them every time they called, she had threatened witches to gather the information they needed, helped Hayley and siphon away the link that damned her and the child. And now here she was, looking down at him with that beautiful smile that he wished to savor as she risked her life to take care of him.

He brought up a hand and grasped the one that prevented him from retaliating. His grip was soft, as light as a feather as he pulled hers away. His long fingers lingered just slightly as he released his light hold. Everybody that had ever cared for him... no, anyone that he had ever cared for suffered for it. They were forever damned, cursed even, if he so much as felt a single drop of affection for them. And what made it worse was that as his eyes lingered on hers, he knew that he held affection for the woman.

It was wrong of him, he shouldn't feel for a woman he barely knew, and yet, he couldn't stop himself. She was a puzzle; strong, fierce, independent and brave... and yet she showed a lighter side with few people, including him; caring, doting and kind. The two sides contradicted each other completely and yet they somehow fit her perfectly.

He couldn't stop himself from thinking of the brunette siphon and whenever Rebekah, Hayley, or even Klaus mentioned her, he just had to listen to what was said. Elijah knew that those feelings had to be buried, placed behind a door in his mind and bolted shut. He'd only cause her pain, just as he did Celeste.

He lightly cleared his throat, eyes diverting away from her own before he could be sucked in further, "There are consequences for those that care. I will not have you pay that price."

"You're so annoying, you know that, right?" Ophelia scoffed in amusement before she moved her head to face forward. She leaned back against the wall behind her, "I hate people caring about me too. Always ends badly."

"What do you mean?"

"Hey, if you aren't spilling, neither am I. Nothing for free, remember?"

Elijah let out a breathy chuckle as his chest continued to heave and his veins continued to boil, "You're quite the little liar. You do nothing for free and yet you save my family for nothing, sit here with me, a vampire with a fever, for nothing."

"I guess you're right." She hummed, "I must be going through a generous faze. I'd make the most of it if I were you, Mr. Mikaelson."

"I'll heed your words, Miss..." Elijah's words died on his tongue as he once again looked up at the woman, just as she looked down to him, "Forgive me, I don't recall you ever giving me a surname."

Ophelia let out a light breath, one that ruffled the stray hairs that stood up on Elijah's head. Next to nobody knew her last name, she was just... Ophelia. Or the siphon, or the abomination.... the list went on. But she had never given her name out because the Parker name was somewhat infamous amongst the witches. Though she supposed that was a rather silly reason, it was a rather popular surname.

"And why should I disclose that information with you?"

"I heard you mention your appetite? Perhaps as a repayment, I could take you to the best café in New Orleans?"

Ophelia bit her lip. His tone had changed; it was more teasing and lighter than it had been. The corners of her plump and strawberry-scented lips tugged upwards as she hummed in thought, catching the quirk of his own lips. What an odd feeling stirred in the pit of her stomach, it bubbled and swirled and made the mighty and intimidating siphon feel something akin to a teenager.

"My last name is Parker."

━━━━━━━

21/10/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.5K 50
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...
266K 8.6K 68
A sentient being takes an interest in the lives of klaus and the original family but was not happy with how it ended. So he gives Klaus a chance to...
3K 114 32
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...
94.2K 2.3K 85
"𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎." {𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎...