Damsel In Distress (COMPLETED...

由 JoMarch08

Trope: ✓ marriage of convenience ✓ hate-to-love ✓ slow-burn ✓ Muslim characters/love story ✓ Bad boy/good gir... 更多

Prologue
CHAPTER: 1 | THE WEDDING (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 2 | THE WEDDING (PART 2)
CHAPTER: 3 | AFTER STORM (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 4 | AFTER STORM (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 5 | THE DAWN (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 6 | THE DAWN (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 7 | THE OTHMANS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 8 | THE OTHMANS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 9 | THE OTHMANS (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 10 | CERTAIN UNCERTAINTIES (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 11 | WEDDING BELLS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 12 | WEDDING BELLS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 13 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 14 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 15 | CONNECTING DOTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 16 | CONNECTING DOTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 17 | BITTER REALITY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 18 | BITTER REALITY (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 19 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 20 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 21 | THE CONSEQUENCES (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 22 | THE CONSEQUENCES (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 23 | BURNING HEARTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 24 | BURNING HEARTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 25 | SCATTERED PEARLS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 26 | SCATTERED PEARLS (PART-2)
CHAPTER : 27 | WOUNDED SCARS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 28 | WOUNDED SCARS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 29 | THE NEGOTIATION (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 30 | THE NEGOTIATION (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 31 | OBLIVIOUS SOULS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 32 | OBLIVIOUS SOULS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 33 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 34 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 35 | AWKWARD CONFRONTATIONS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 36 | AWKWARD CONFRONTATIONS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 37 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 38 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 39| CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 40 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 41 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-5)
CHAPTER: 42 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 43 | CHANGE OF HEARTS(PART-7)
CHAPTER: 44 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-8)
CHAPTER: 45| THE GAME (PART-1)
SUMMARY OF THE STORY SO FAR
CHAPTER: 47| PLOT TWIST (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 48| PLOT TWIST (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 49| THE PARTY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 50| THE PARTY (PART-2)
THE BUTTON (A BONUS CHAPTER)
CHAPTER: 51| BETWEEN US (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 52| BETWEEN US (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 53| BETWEEN US (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 54| BETWEEN US (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 55| THE ART OF LETTING GO(PART-1)
CHAPTER 56 | THE ART OF LETTING GO(PART-2)
CHAPTER: 57 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-3)
CHAPTER 58 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-4)
CHAPTER 59 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-5)
CHAPTER 60| THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 61 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-7)
CHAPTER: 62 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-8)
CHAPTER: 63 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-9)
CHAPTER: 64 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-10)
CHAPTER: 65 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-11)
CHAPTER: 66 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-12)
CHAPTER: 67 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-13)
CHAPTER: 68 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-14)
CHAPTER: 69 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-15)
CHAPTER: 70 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-16)
CHAPTER: 71 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-17)
CHAPTER: 72 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-18)
CHAPTER: 73 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-19)
CHAPTER: 74 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-20)
CHAPTER: 75| THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-21)
CHAPTER: 76 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 77 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 78 |THE ECLIPSE (PART-3)
CHAPTER: 79 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-4)
CHAPTER: 80 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-5)
CHAPTER: 81 | THE ECLIPSE (PART-6)
CHAPTER: 82 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 83 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-2)
CHAPTER: 84 | LILAC SKY (PART-1)
CHAPTER: 85 | LILAC SKY (PART-2)
EPILOGUE | DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
BONUS CHAPTER: 1 | ZEESHAN AND SARAH'S STORY
A/N

CHAPTER: 46 | THE GAME (PART-2)

9.3K 736 406
由 JoMarch08

ASSALAMUALAIKUM WRWB

*UNEDITED CHAPTER*

*******************************************************************

Laiba changed into her team's B t-shirt, a long grey cardigan and a pair of denim jeans for the game. She tied her hair into a bun and securely wrapped a hijab around her head before squatting down and tying the laces of her sneakers. She grabbed a backpack and packed some essentials for the night before exiting the room and making her way downstairs.

In the foyer, she met Areesha, Essa and Burhaan from her team and Maha and Habeeba from Aariz's team. Mr.Shah, Aariz and Zeeshan joined them a few minutes later.

It was exactly midnight, when they snuck out of the Haveli.

Aariz and Zeeshan, leading them while Laiba and Maha, Habeeba and Essa and Areesha and Shah were walking behind them in pairs.

The night was eerily quiet, except for dogs barking at a distance somewhere. The roads were empty and the street lamps flickered as they passed. The sky above them was dark with no sign of moon or stars. The climate was smooth, almost chill and the wind slightly rattled the leaves on the trees.

They reached the bungalow(which was just around the corner of the back street) and gathered outside the rusted iron gate.

The next minute, everyone were removing their bag packs and throwing them inside.

And then, they began climbing the gate while Laiba stayed glued on her place with her eyes wide and jaws agape, watching them get to the other side.

It was Aariz and Zeeshan first, climbing the railings like some experts and jumping on the other side, successfully landing on their feet. Maha and Burhaan went next, the latter helping the former. Shah easily carried Essa with him while Areesha and Habeeba helped each other.

At last, the only one left outside the gate was, Laiba.

She had never climbed a gate before but there was a first time for everything.

Beside, she was the captain of her team and she didn't wish to give the opposite team an another chance to 'boo' at them.

Clenching the strap of her bag, she moved forward, telling herself that if everyone else could do it, she could, too.

On the other side, Aariz and his team were already heading towards the bungalow and her team was waiting for her.

"Hurry up!" Burhaan urged her.

Laiba nodded before removing her bag pack and throwing it inside. She stepped one foot on the lower bar of the railing and clenched an another railing for support as she pushed herself up. She climbed up, keeping her eyes closed, adrenaline rushing through her body. She reached the top and breathed in and out, careful not to look down as she switched her legs to the other side, grabbing the bars firmly as she began lowering herself and finally jumping down.

As soon as her feet came in contact with the ground, she opened her eyes and thanked Allah under her breathe. She took her bag pack and joined her team as they headed for the bungalow, all four of them walking side by side.

The bungalow was two storey building, made of wood and glass. It didn't seem old, neither did it seem new. Someone had turned the porch lights on, illuminating the entrance area and there was where the Red team were hanging around, some sitting on the porch steps and some standing while Shah was trying to open the door of the bungalow with a screw driver.

And when Shah succeeded in opening the door, the Red team went inside whereas the blue team stayed behind.

"Here, take these." Burhaan handed Laiba, a pack of blue bullets."These are paint bullets. They are filled with blue paint and coated with a thin substance that would bust when it hits something. Give me your gun. I'll show you how you load it." He took her gun and explained her how everything works, "Got it?"

"Yep!" Laiba nodded.

"Cool. Keep these with you. In case you need extra." He handed her some extra bullets.

"Thanks." She accepted it and put them all in her bag.

"Okay, guys!" Areesha spoke up, "We need a plan." She announced, motioning them to come forward.

Laiba, Essa, Burhaan and Areesha formed a circle, their heads low and faces closer to each other as talked.

"First of all, we need to keep in mind that we are playing against Aariz and I know he already has a strategy planned out in his head." Areesha told them, whispering.

They nodded in agreement.

"Knowing him, he'll definitely target Laiba." Burhaan appraised them, "We need to protect her at all cost."

"He's right! They will try to attack her the first chance they get." Essa chimed in.

"We need to be prepared." Burhaan said, "Stay closer and guard her."

"I can protect myself." Laiba objected.

"You don't know, Aariz." Areesha warned her, "He always wins!"

Laiba scoffed, "So do I." She told them, confidently.

Meanwhile, inside the bungalow, the Red team was having a discussion, too.

"Our target is Laiba and Laiba, alone." Aariz announced to his team while they were nodding at everything he was saying, "Whoever comes in-between, gets a shot, got it?"

"Yes!" Maha bumped her fist with him, excitedly.

"Stay hidden. Watch out. Think before you leap. Don't be reckless. Keep your ears on alert. Listen for the sound of footsteps, breathing and shuffling. And most importantly, don't get shot." He added in the end.

Zeeshan, Maha and Habeeba nodded their heads.

"Cool. Now, wear your Bluetooth and find yourself a hiding spot before the blue teams gets here." He dismissed them.

On the other hand, Laiba had just finished explaining her strategy with her team.

"Wooahh! You got brains, gurl!" Burhaan exclaimed, after listening to her plan.

"Damn! Yeah!" Essa jumped.

"That was so genius of you, Laiba." Even Areesha complimented.

"Thanks. But anything can go wrong. We really need to be careful." Laiba told them.

"Especially, you." Burhaan said.

"Yes. Especially me." She repeated, "Don't worry. I got this." She assured him.

"Hopefully." He joined his hands.

"Alright! Since I'm new here, I need a quick tour of the bungalow before we start this game." Laiba appraised them.

"Come, I'll show you around." Burhaan offered.

"Okay, lets go." She accepted it, walking into the bungalow with him.

********************************************************************

Exactly at 1 AM, both the teams gathered in the foyer, standing in two groups with their captains, Aariz and Laiba facing each other.

"Imagine how the colour red would look on the captain's face?" Aariz smugly made a comment as he stood in front of Laiba and her team.

Laiba locked her eyes with Aariz while his teammates chortled at his silly remark.

"Keep imagining because that's never gonna happen," Burhaan shot back at them, defending her.

"Oh will see that." Maha counteracted.

"Of course." Laiba muttered under her breathe, staring back at Aariz who had an amused smile playing on his lips.

"Okay, guys! It's time." Burhaan announced, checking his watch, "Remember, as soon as the lights goes off, we would have only 5 minutes to hide. Got it?" He questioned, making them all go 'Yeaahh', "Cool! Now, on the count of three."

They stood straight.

"One!" All of them shouted in unison.

"Two!" They took hold of their guns.

"And three!"

On cue, the power went off, darkness engulfing the entire building, signalling them that the game had just began!

Laiba clenched the gun in her hands and blinked against the darkness as she heard the people around her move in silence.

Footsteps. Shuffling. More footsteps.

But she stood where she was, trying to see through the blackness in front of her. It took the rods and cones of her eyes a few seconds to start working before she began making out shapes and silhouettes of the things and people around her in the darkness.

Her eyes roamed everywhere as she accessed her surroundings.

The foyer was empty.

Or at least, that was what she thought.

Because just as she took a step, someone brushed past her.

Startled by the sudden contact, she hurriedly spin around and saw no one. She looked back and forth but all she could see was darkness.

She touched her arms and rubbed it, trying to compose herself as she realised someone from the opposite team was probably just messing with her. And by standing there and trying to figure out who it was, she was only wasting her time.

Certainly, Areesha, Burhaan and Essa were already playing the game just as she had asked them to and if there was one person who needed to get into action, it was her.

Sighing, she walked out of the foyer and into the main hall, surpassing the staircase and making her way towards her hiding place which she had discovered for herself during her tour with Burhaan.

*************************************************************

"People, can you hear me?" Aariz asked as he walked inside and closed the door of the basement

'Yes!'

'Yo.'

'Wassup?'

Zeeshan, Maha and Habeeba, all the three of his teammates answered him, simultaneously.

"Where are you all? Share me your live locations." He instructed.

'I'm in the store room. Hiding inside the cupboard.' Said Maha.

'And I'm hiding behind a curtain.' Informed Habeeba.

"What? Are you stupid?" Aariz asked, incredulously.

'No. Its the one below the staircase. Nobody would get here.' She justified.

'That has been Burhaan's hiding place since ever.' Zeeshan reminded her.

'Beeba, you idiot. Go hide somewhere else.' Chided Maha.

'Five minutes is over ladies.' Zeeshan told them, 'Don't go anywhere. Unless, you want to get shot.'

Maha groaned, 'Oh god! Why did you put her in my team?' She whined, 'She's so dumb.'

'Behave, Maha. I'm elder than you.'

'Aren't elders suppose to be wise?'

Habeeba was offended, 'Shut up, Maha or else I'll tell mom about that guy you have a crush on.' Habeeba threatened her.

'Spill that and I'll tell her about the time you lied to her about extra classes and went out with your friends instead.' Maha warned her.

'Don't you dare.'

'Oh try me!'

The two sisters began quarrelling with each other whereas Aariz and Zeeshan simply listened to them, the former shaking his head and the latter chuckling with amusement.

'Ya Allah, why did you gave me her as a sister? She's pure evil.' Habeeba fake cried.

'Oh you think I'm happy to have you in my life. I'm-'

'Oh my god, Aariz!' Habeeba cut her off, urgently as she saw a shadow pass in front of her.

Aariz who was sitting relaxed on the staircase, asked immediately, "What happened?"

Maha and Zeeshan straightened their spines.

'I think someone is in the backyard.' She whispered to them as her eyes followed the shadow outside the window.

************************************************

Laiba: Are you all where you are suppose to be?

At the end of five minutes, Areesha, Burhaan and Essa received Laiba's text on their Whatsapp group that they had created for the purpose of the game. The name of the group was 'Team Blue' and they four were the members. They had decided to stay in touch through text because according to Laiba texts were safer than calls.

And for the safe side, she had also ordered them to put their cellphone's on vibration mode.

Laiba was super cautious and extra careful about everything, taking the game too seriously.

Burhaan: Aye, Aye, Captain!

Areesha: Yep.

Laiba: Good. Essa? You there?

His reply came a little later.

Essa: Yeah. Sorry. Took out the phone just now.

Laiba: God! Essa, you scared me. I thought you got shot.

Areesha: I thought the same.

Essa: Chill, I'm safe.

Burhaan: Where are you, kiddo? Do you want me to come over.

Essa: Actually, yes. I feel like someone's following me. Cover me, would you?

Burhaan: Stay put. Be right there.

*************************************************************

"Habeeba! Listen to me carefully," Aariz stood up, pressing the Bluetooth against his ears as he began instructing her, "Don't get out of the curtain. Open the window instead and get down without making any sound." He told her, pacing back and forth, "Maha, stay where you are. Zeeshan, go! Cover her if possible." He commanded.

'On my way.' Zeeshan obliged.

"Good. Keep me informed, please."

'Sure.' He replied.

"Habeeba, did you get out?"

'Um, I unbolted the window and I think I have to jump.'

"No. Don't jump. Climb out."

'It's high, Aariz. I'll fall.'

"It's less than 4 feet down there and you are what? Above 5 I assume?" He gauged.

'Um, yeah. Above 5.'

"You won't fall, trust me. You can easily climb out." He tried to assure her.

'Huh! Fine.' She sounded not sure but it seemed like she tried because after a while of shuffling she spoke up, 'Allahu!' She exclaimed.

"You okay there, Beeba?" Aariz called out with concern.

'Yes, yes. I got out safely.' She informed him.

"Wait. Don't move." He ordered Habeeba and addressed Zeeshan, "Zee? You there?"

He didn't speak up for a while but after a few minutes of silence, he spoke up from the other side.

'Guys! I think I found our target.' He informed them.

***********************************************************

Burhaan discreetly slipped out of the bungalow through the backside kitchen door and hid behind a tree, squatting down and bringing his backpack on his lap as he zipped it open. He rummaged through the stuffs on his backpack before he found for himself what he was looking for. A night goggles. He zipped the bag close and wore it, lying on his stomach on the muddy ground while gripping the toy gun in his hands, ready to shoot.

He was looking around for enemies when he heard some shuffling at a distance.

He slipped his hoodie over his head and craned his neck, looking for the source of the noise in the eerie silence when he found a figure climbing out of a window.

He squinted his eyes, trying to identify who it was when the person spoke up.

"Yes, yes. I got out safely."

Being so far away, he couldn't make out the words the person was uttering but he clearly recognised the voice.

Burhaan smiled to himself, fishing out his cellphone and typing a text.

***********************************************

Burhaan: It's Habeeba😈😈

Laiba: Yes!!!!

Areesha: Shoot her! Now!

Burhaan: Should I?

Laiba: No! Wait!

Areesha: What are we waiting for?

Laiba: You think Aariz would have let her out just like that? No, I don't think so. It's either a trap or there is someone covering her.

Areesha: Um, maybe.

Burhaan: Should I wait and see if someone shows up?

Laiba: Yep. Wait for it.

Areesha: Hey! Where's Essa? Is he with you?

Burhaan: Nope.

Laiba: Are you for real?????

Areesha: Dude, find him! Now!

*********************************************************

"Zeeshan? You there?" Aariz stopped walking and checked his cellphone to see that Zeeshan's call had been disconnected.

He frowned and tried again but he wasn't picking up.

'Riz, what should I do now?' Habeeba was saying over the phone, sounding helpless.

"Sit down and relax. I can't risk sending you anywhere alone." He told her, "I'll try to get intouch with Zeeshan."

'Where the hell is? And who is that target he was talking about?' Maha was getting curious, 'Did he mean Laiba? Did he find her?'

"I don't know." Aariz shook his head, getting annoyed at Zeeshan for leaving them hanging like that.

He tired his cellphone a few more times before pocketing his cellphone and climbing out of the basement.

Perhaps, it was about time for him to take matters in his own hands.

************************************************************

Essa was hiding in the garage, peeping through a hole on the wooden wall with one of his eyes shut, clenching his gun for dear life. He was certain there was someone out there and he was ready to shoot at whoever it was.

However, the cellphone in his jeans pocket was vibrating like crazy and he knew even without checking that it would be text messages from his teammates but he was afraid to let his guards off as he was aware that even a second of distraction was enough for the enemy to shoot their shot at him.

Eventually, the text messages stopped coming and after about 15 minutes of watching out, even Essa gave up and relaxed himself on the ground, sitting cross legged with the gun on his lap as he leaned back against the wall, closing both of his eyes.

It was when he heard it.

Footsteps approaching.

Essa was quick to get into action, spinning around and facing the broken and tattered wooden shutter of the garage, all prepared to shoot at whoever was about to walk through that door.

A shadow appeared below on the ground, accelerating his heart beats.

He tightened the grip on the gun, beats of sweat forming on his forehead.

And just as the person dipped his head below the shutter, Essa pulled the trigger, the bullet leaving the gun and hitting the person square on his face.

*****************************************************

Habeeba was waiting for Zeeshan, sitting on the dry grass, her knees against her chest and her hands wrapped around her leg, keeping herself hidden behind the bushes when she heard it.

A gun shot.

Followed by a voice of man, groaning.

Startled by the sudden commotion, Habeeba jumped a little in her place. Clasping her hands on her chest to calm her racing heart, she wiped her head towards the direction of the noise.

And as the voices continued, she dipped her head and narrowed her eyes at the old garage of the bungalow, slipping her hand inside her bag pack and fetching out her cellphone.

She brought it in front of her and hurriedly typed a text, her gaze fixated on the garage.

Need help, ASAP.

-H.

*****************************************************

"What the hell?"

Burhaan hissed at Essa angrily, rubbing his handsome face which was now smeared with blue paint.

Essa blinked at him, "Burhaan?" He looked baffled, still having the gun pointing at him.

"Yes! You idiot! It's me." Burhaan gritted his teeth with annoyance as he slid inside the garage and pulled the shutter down. Sitting leaned against the shutter, he began rubbing his face which was burning like hell.

"Damn! That hurt!" He exclaimed in pain.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, Bee." Essa dropped his gun and ran towards him, "I didn't see you. I thought it was someone from the Red team." He tried to justify him as he knelt down in front of him.

"Urgh!" He groaned again, wiping the sticky paint off of his face, "Yeah! I can't believe you shot your own teammate."

"I'm sorry." He made his cute puppy dog face which always worked.

Burhaan stopped rubbing and sighed, "It's okay, kiddo." He ruffled his hair, "I would have done the same if I were in your place."

Essa hugged him, "Thanks for coming, though. I needed you." He said to him, his voice coming out muffled as his mouth was pressed against his t-shirt.

Burhaan patted his back, "Anytime." He kissed his forehead and separated himself from him, "Okay! Listen," He grabbed his shoulders and began telling him, "I just saw Habeeba outside."

"Really??" The kid exclaimed with excitement, his eyes twinkling.

"Shh.." He kept a finger on his lips, "Careful. We don't know who else is out there with her. I'm going go spy on her while you shoot her, okay?"

Essa pressed his lips together and nodded at him.

"In case, I get shot. You run first chance you get, understood?"

"Okay!" He bobbed his head, obediently.

Burhaan took a deep breathe, "Okay! Let's do this." He braced himself as he pulled the shutter up and crawled outside.

After Burhaan went away, Essa shut the shutter and got back to his previous position, squatting down by the hole on the wall, taking out his binoculars and watching through it.

And it was with the help of the night-vision binoculars, he finally succeeded in finding Habeeba who was hiding not far away from the garage.

He took out his gun and pulled the shutter up. He lay flat on his stomach and aimed his shot at his sister.

*******************************************************************************

Habeeba was tapping her fingers against her thighs, anxiously, looking around for any sign of danger when she heard the ruffling of bushes coming from somewhere near her.

She looked to her left, squinting her eyes at the darkness while sliding her hand behind her and fishing out her gun. She held it in front of her and waited, holding her breathe in her throat.

A few second of nothing, passed.

And then, it happened.

A gun shot.

But before she could decipher anything, someone grabbed her by her arm and pulled her away, the bullet missing her by thin air.

It all happened in a fraction of seconds.

One second, the bullet was advancing towards her, the next second she was being yanked to a corner.

And all of that happened so fast that Habeeba had no time to react.

*******************************************************************

"Shit!" Essa cursed under her breathe, crawling back inside the garage and shutting the shutter.

He quickly texted on the WhatsApp group.

Essa: Laiba was right. Someone is here covering up Habeeba.

Burhaan: Get back inside the garage and shut the shutter. I'm sure they will try to attack you now.

Laiba: What's happening?? Where are you both?

Burhaan: At the backyard.

Areesha: Guys, get out of there.

Essa: We ain't cowards.

Burhaan: We got this, Reesh. Don't worry about us.

Essa: Yes! If they try to attack us, we won't hold back either.

Burhaan: It's a war.

*************************************************

"Aariz?"

Habeeba gasped out his name with her eyes widened like that of a saucer, surprised and relieved at the same time.

"I told you I'll have your back, didn't I?" Aariz arched an eyebrow at her.

"You are the best!" She exclaimed, giving him a quick hug.

That was one thing about Aariz which she always loved.

He cared.

He never said but he always did.

And maybe, that was why Aariz was everyone's favourite at home despite of him being the biggest cold hearted jerk anyone would have ever known on planet Earth.

"Thank for saving me." She said.

"Don't mention it," He waved it off, "Okay, now, tell me something." Aariz looked to his left and then to right before asking her, "Where do you think they are?" He interrogated her.

"They? Are they more than one?"

"I'm sure. Laiba ain't stupid."

She nodded, "I heard some commotion coming from the garage earlier." She tilted her head towards it, "Did you get to know where Zee is?"

He shook his head, "Forget him. He must be stuck somewhere. He will handle it. You tell me? You wanna go hide while I finish them off?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Actually, yes. Maha is in the kitchen. Why don't you go to her?"

"Okay but are you sure you would be fine on your own?"

"Absolutely." He patted her shoulder, "Now, go!" He gave her a little push.

She nodded. "Alright! Be careful."

"You too."

After she went, Aariz took a deep breathe, flexed his neck and straight away walked towards the garage.

He wheeled around the four walled block and stopped when he spotted the hole on the wall. He squatted down and inspected it, narrowing his eyes as he grazed a hand over his stubbled jaw.

He took out his gun and aimed right at the hole. He smiled to himself, shaking his head as he made a low whistle sound.

Consequently, on hearing the sound, Essa, who was hiding inside the garage, involuntarily, peeked his head out through the hole.

And right then, Aariz pulled the trigger.

*******************************************************************

Burhaan ran towards the garage as soon as he heard the gun shot but he knew it was too late when he saw Essa walking out of the block, his cute face covered in Red paint.

"Shit!" He cursed loudly before going and kneeling in front of him, "I'm so sorry, man." He made an apologetic face, wiping the paint off his face with his sleeves.

Essa sniffed, "It's okay." He sounded like he was just done crying.

"Aww...my baby," He hugged him, "It's just a game. Don't cry."

"I'm not crying." He whined, denying.

Burhaan smiled, "Okay, if you say so."

"But-" He rubbed his tiny nose, "Win for me, okay?"

"We will. Definitely. I'm gonna avenge for you."

"Thanks."

"Who was it, though?" He then asked.

"Don't know. Couldn't see who it was. They shot through the hole and prolly, fled." He appraised, sounding defeated.

"Guess, now I've to take down all the four of them, yeah?"

"Yo!" He said with fake enthusiasm.

"Come on, buddy, cheer up!" He encouraged him, patting arm, "The game hasn't finished yet."

"Of course." He gave him a weak smile, "Best of luck."

"Thanks, man."

They bumped their fist.

"Go to Shah and wait for us, okay?" He told him.

He nodded, "See ya." He waved and went away.

"Bye." Burhaan waved back and kept looking at his retreating back until he disappeared around the corner.

After, he took out his cellphone and typed a text.

Burhaan: Essa got shot. Habeeba escaped it seems. I'm starting to feel like it was all a trap.

He hit sent and was waiting for their replies when someone tapped on his shoulders.

On reflex, he turned around.

Only to get hit by a bullet.

***************************************************************

At the same time, on the top floor of the bungalow, Zeeshan was trapped inside the walk-in closet of a bedroom. When Aariz had asked him to go help Habeeba over the phone, he was all set to go out but just as he was about to get of out the walk-in closet, he was stopped by the sound of someone approaching. He had stayed inside and had watched through the crack in the door.

That was when he had found her.

Walking inside the bedroom and closing the door behind her. It was so dark that all he could see was her silhouette but it was her hijab and cardigan that had helped him figure out who she was.

He couldn't believe his luck.

The target had come walking to him rather than him looking for her.

Though, he had informed his teammates that he had found her, he still wasn't sure if he should attack her?

What were the odds she was roaming around freely without anyone guarding or protecting her?

He wanted to make sure they were the only ones in the room before attacking at her.

So far, he had received numerous calls from Aariz and his teammates but he had put his cellphone on mute and was waiting for the right time to send his response to them.

Right then, she was standing with her back to him and facing towards the window, typing something on her phone.

Zeeshaan kept his gaze on her, taking out his cellphone and strolling through the call logs. He called back Aariz and waited for him to answer the call, all the while keeping his eyes on her.

Maybe he should call Aariz and ask him to come over? He thought as he waited for his call to connect.

*******************************************************************

Essa and Burhaan from the team-Blue has been shot and are eliminated from the game.

-Shah.

As per the protocol, Shah had send everyone a text, updating them the status of the game.

While the Red team was delighted by the news, Laiba was equally upset.

Laiba: I can't believe I let this happen. I couldn't save them😔😔😔

Areeshan: It's not your fault🙄🙄. They were being over-confident. I told them to save their ass and get out of there but they wanted to get shot instead?

Laiba: Argh! I'm so mad at myself right now. This shouldn't have happened. We lost two of us!😫😫😫😩

Areesha: And now it's us two against them four😪😪

Laiba: I can literally hear your brother laughing at me😐😑

Areesha: Of course😅😅😅

Laiba: Areesha! We have to win. Please.

Areesha: I'll do my best but I already told you and I'm telling you again, he's Aariz and he always wins🙁

Laiba: Let me change that.

*******************************************************************

'Where the hell were you and why weren't you answering my calls?'

Aariz blasted on him first thing as he answered his call.

Zeeshaan decreased the volume on his device before speaking, "I'm standing a few feet away from our target. Would you care to talk, maybe, in a bit low voice?" He whispered back on his cellphone.

There was silence and then he spoke up again.

'Do you mean you found Laiba?'

Zeeshaan peeked at her and then walked back to a far corner so that she couldn't hear him, "Yes. I was hiding inside the walk-in closet of the green room and I was about to walk out when she came into the room. I stayed behind and has been watching her since." He narrated to him the whole situation.

'Is she in the room now?'

"Yes!"

'Are you sure it's her?' He sounded skeptical.

"Hundred percent."

'Did you see her with your own eyes or are you guessing?'

"Dude, why is it that you are finding it so hard to believe that she is actually here?" He was pissed by his constant questioning.

'I don't know. It's just odd.'

"What's odd?"

He sighed, 'It's an odd place for a captain to hide. Inside a room? Even a stupidest person on earth would know that it's a stupid place to hide. Heck! It's not even considered hiding.'

"Well..." He trailed, not knowing what to say to that, "So, are you coming or not?" He asked at last, brushing off his suspicions.

'I'm almost there.'

***************************************************************

So, Laiba seems pretty confident, doesn't she?

But she already lost two of her teammates and there's Zeeshan who's planning on teaming up with Aariz to take her down. Poor her.

Well, what do you think is going to happen now?

Who do you think is going to win?

And who do you want to win?

Also, how was the chapter?

Do you like the way the game is going?

Vote, comment and share.

Love,

Quash:)

P.S, thanks for reading the chapter. I know I made you all wait too long. I'm sorry for that. Love and appreciate everyone who's still sticking by me and my book❤️❤️❤️

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

134K 12.6K 38
COUSIN LOVE STORY ONE IS INTROVERT, ARROGANT, RUDE,ROUGH AND TOUGH AND ANOTHER ONE IS CAREFREE,SWEET,FULL OF DREAM THEY BOTH HAS ONLY SIMILARITY T...
826K 35.9K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
308K 16.7K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
63K 4.1K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...