Back to back

By Golden_L_M

"So, Jungkook, do you still have my back?" A story about two idols, who are incredibly dedicated to their car... More

The Beginning
Into you
Eyes on her
Intoxicated
Friendzoned
I like you
Snow kiss
Hard to catch
Right thing
Not words, actions
Dreams
I love you
I should have told you
I missed you
Starry night
I must protect her
First heartbreak
Hopeless
Emptiness
Easier said than done
Can't let go
Kiss the pain away
The next morning
Over before it even started
I'm sorry
Loneliness
Question
Jealous
Promise
What have I done?
Question
One last chance
Date
⚠️ Bold
Mine
Dispatch
Together
Completed

I would choose you

1.6K 39 2
By Golden_L_M

I held Lisa's hand tight while driving us to the dorm where Jennie was staying with the rest of the members. Her eyes were focused on the road, she looked lost in her own thoughts, so I didn't want to bother her.

Rose welcomed us at the entrance, Jimin behind her back. I gave him a confused look and greeted Rosé, who looked very worried, even scared.

When we stepped into the living room, I saw Jennie who was quietly sobbing while Kai tightly pressed her against his chest. When he sensed our presence, he lifted his head and nodded, greeting us.

Jennie also lifted her bloodshot eyes too and slipped out of her boyfriend's arms as soon as she saw Lisa. She ran towards her, hugging her and continued crying. Lisa's expression made my heart sink - she might be concerned about her friend but I hated seeing her being sad.

"Sajangnim is here," Jisoo announced unexpectedly. Well, was it really that expected? What's Yang Hyun Suk going to say about the situation, especially with me and Jimin being here too?

"Hello, kids," he greeted us casually but concern was evident in his voice. We bowed and greeted him back, even though I had to ask myself, how was it possible for him not to say anything to the two of us (me and Jimin).

"Boss, what am I supposed to do?" Jennie turned around and hugged the CEO of YGE.

I looked at the scene and couldn't believe it. I mean, I knew that YHS was someone who cared deeply for his idols, he never pushed them to the edge. He wanted them to work in different fields and try different things, he also paid them the most out of the Big 3 and even our company, that is Big Hit, but seeing him embracing Jennie like she was his own daughter, made me respect him even more. He didn't yell at her or said that she must break up with Kai. He let her cry and when there were no more tears left to cry, he invited her to sit and talk.

"So, what are we going to do, Boss?" Jennie sounded helpless but managed not to cry anymore.

"Well, the thing is...we already had done something and I'm very sorry for it. I should apologise in advance before telling you this," he cleared his throat and continued:"When the management team found out about the rumours, they immediately contacted me. I tried to call you, but you didn't pick up. I didn't know what to do, so I just told them that we don't know anything and we're checking the facts. I know it's stupid but still...well, SM on the other hand confirmed it, so I have no idea what our next step is going to be. I should have contacted them in the first place and tried to agree on something."

"Well, if we don't want any unnecessary hate directed to Jennie, then we should just wait for a bit and then tell them that the two of you have broken up and returned to being the senior and the junior in this industry," Jennie's Manager said.

"Hm...how does that make you feel, Jennie, Kai?" YHS looked from one to another, receiving their shocked faces.

"Mister Yang, are you telling me that I should break up with Jennie?" Kai suddenly became frustrated.

I rolled my eyes.

"No, Kai, he means that they should announce it like that to the press, it's a fake break up but the media is still going to love the "tea" and Jennie Noona probably won't receive that much hate," I tried to explain.

"Exactly," Mr. Yang agreed but when he looked at me, his eyes suddenly became bigger - as if he was surprised to see me.

"Now that we finalised the details, do excuse me. I still have many places to be and many people to meet. But don't worry, everything is going to be just fine," he continued while standing up and leaving towards the hallway.

I walked behind him, to say goodbye in the name of us all, when he turned around and said:" I didn't expect you to be here Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I'm happy that you and Lisa are still together, just try not to get caught because you don't want to get into a mess like this."

"True, but I'm willing to do anything for Lisa," I said confidently.

"Anything? Well, those are big words for a young man like you. I hope you can stick up to them," he said and winked at me, turning around to leave but hesitated. "Can you tell me what is Jimin ssi doing here?" he asked, looking a bit dumbfounded. 

"To that Sir, I can't answer as I myself don't know," I answered truthfully.

He nodded, still looking a bit lost. He must have a lot of things on his mind now.

"Are you alright, baby?" I asked her although I knew that she would probably lie and say that she's fine.

"Mhm," she replied shortly, looking at the floor. We were alone in their dorm kitchen.

"Lisa, I know that you aren't, don't lie to me. It's stupid of me to even ask you something like that but I really want to know if you are feeling alright. I know you are sad, maybe even angry but...," I was saying when she caught me off by surprise and asked: " What would you do if this happened to us?"

I looked at her, only to spot how hot tears started to form in her eyes.

I closed the distance between us and pulled her into a tight hug. I knew that she was always afraid of someone (aka Dispatch or some other media outlet) finding out about us and revealing it to the world. We were both well aware what kind of hate that would bring, especially to her. I didn't know the point behind it but it seemed like a female idol was always the one who was "guilty". I mean why would anyone put a blame on someone for loving? We are idols, but we are humans first.

"I would always try my best to protect you, that's what I would do," I whispered softly.

"Would you leave me?"

"Never, Lisa. That wouldn't even be an option. "

"But what if it would mean the end of your career?" she lifted her head that was previously dug a little bit above my chest bone and her big, teary orbs met mine.

I thought of it many times. What would I choose if I had to...what would mean more to me? In law they usually measured which right should prevail by listing arguments for both of them and even then it was hard to tell which one would predominate. I had a hard time too.

Singing, dancing, meeting fans all around the world meant more than anything ever had before...until she came. She changed me and it was for the better, that was a fact.

At first I thought that I wouldn't be able to leave my career behind just because of love - I never saw love as something that should in any way threaten my success in the music industry. I thought that you could always find someone to spend your life with but I realised that it wasn't that simple. Overtime I had to admit that I would probably survive without performing but I could never survive without her - because she was, in fact, a key to my existence.

"I would choose you, Lalisa."

She smiled through her tears.

"Me too," she added.

I slowly leaned closer to her shoulder, placing the kisses all over it and then continued with her neck. After that cute (yet dangerous) affection between us, I decided to stop because I was not only teasing her but also myself. Instead I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her so that her head was now on my chest.

"Where are the others?" she asked absently.

"I think that Rosé and Jimin left to get something to eat, Jennie and Kai are in her room but I haven't seen Jisoo since the moment Mr. Yang left," I answered while patting her long blonde hair.

She slowly raised her head and gave me the look that I couldn't resist. Her gaze was so warm, so loving but at the same I couldn't help myself but to notice how appealing her lips were. I raised her head a bit higher by the chin and kissed her.

She kissed me like she never had before. Like I would vanish any time and she needed to consume as much as possible, before it's too late. She passionately twirled her tongue and entwined it with mine. The kiss was so intoxicating that I got completely lost in it and couldn't hear someone joining us.

"Jisoo unnie!" Lisa detected Jisoo first while I was gasping for air.

"Maknae, you don't need to worry. I was standing here for five minutes, so continue with your "session" while I prepare the plates, Rosie and Jimin ssi are almost here," she said casually, not sparing us a single look.

Lisa looked shocked but recovered eventually and looked at me with a playful grin. I winked at her and before we joined a table to eat I whispered: "Let's finish this at home, baby."

She smirked what meant that she was down for it.

What a rollercoaster of emotions it was...but the good thing was that we managed to overcome it in some way, maybe not completely but we were on a good way. This kind of things surely made a relationship stronger and that's what it's all about - being invincible, together. It will be a rocky road for Jennie and Kai too, but they will manage. Where there's love, there's a way. 

---------

My dear readers, another day another update. Thank you for reading, upvoting and commenting. Did this scene satisfy your imagination of what is could possibly look like when the company found out about their dating? Do you have anything else in mind? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.8K 20
Liskook short story This is a story about second chances, about fated love and about reinstating a girl's belief in love once again.
73.7K 4.4K 25
Lisa and Jungkook both have a secret. Will they continue to take revenge or let love decide their fate? A young adult/historical fanfiction based on...
685K 27.8K 94
"Why did you do this to me if you love me?" "Love? Oh so sorry, but.... I don't do love" -- "I am sorry." "For what? To who?" -- "I love you." "Yeah...
22.5K 989 31
In a world where the fans and the public have more clear the rules to survive as an idol, than the idols themselves. In a reality so stereotyped whe...