The Workaholic's Wife

Galing kay mahumwrites

Now available as audiobook on Audible India. Scarlet Ray and Evan Parker are polar opposites of each other. S... Higit pa

NOTE
Characters
1. Of Pies And Rent
2. The Workaholic CEO
3. A Strange Proposal
4. The First Encounter
5. Billboards And Barbies
6. For The Ones We Love
7. A Deal With The Devil
8. Car Ride With Future Bride
9. I Now Pronounce You
10. Start Of Married Life
11. The First Party
12. All The Other Women
13. Breakfast And Brownies
14. Tiny Little Arguments
15. Miss. Perfect And Rain
16. Pillow Talks
17. Of New Friendships
18. The Fucked Up World
19. Shopping Buddies
20. Life As We Know It
21. Birthday Celebrations
22. Someone New, Someone Old
23. Public Display Of Affection
24. Torn By The Memories
25. Angry Or Not?
26. The Fluttering Of Heart
27. All The Sleepless Nights
28. Tease Me Not
29. Life In Malibu
30. Too Old To Play
31. Too Good To Be True
32. Two Types Of Emptiness
33. All The Broken Promises
34. Small Efforts
35. Back To Regular Life
36. The Season Of Heartbreaks
37. Symphony Of Love
38. Through Thick And Thin
39. All Shades Of Evan
40. All Work And No Play
41. Threats And Consequences
42. Of Movies And Cuddles
43. The Love Triangle
44. The Silent Whispers
45. Calm Before The Storm
46. Not So Workaholic Anymore
47. Goodbyes Are Difficult
48. In One Small Moment
49. Irreparably Broken
50. A Friend In Need
51. Anger, Hurt And Betrayal
52. La Famiglia
53. Life Without Her
54. Chef Evan Parker
55. Crazy In Love
56. Two Cups Of Coffee
57. Closer Than Ever
58. Baking With The Parkers
59. The New Addition
60. Changing Behaviours
EPILOGUE
AUDIBLE UPDATE
NEW STORY ALERT

61. Nine Months Of Hell

319K 12.3K 6.6K
Galing kay mahumwrites

Evan

Pregnancy is the most beautiful experience of a woman's life, as some would say. A pregnant woman is nature's most beautiful entity; she has a life growing inside her womb which is no less than a miracle. A man would do anything for the woman who gives birth to his child and a true man would stand by her woman throughout the pregnancy, to share her pain as much as possible.

That explains why for nine months, I bore the torture that came with the pregnancy, without any complain. Scarlet's mood swings were the most difficult thing I have ever been through in my life, and I have been through a lot of bad things. Pregnancy has turned the sweetest angel I have ever seen to an emotional wreck. And it makes me want to do a vasectomy as soon as she is back to her non-pregnant self.

..........

Day 30 of pregnancy

We got to know about her pregnancy a week earlier. According to the schedule that the obstretician had given us, this was the fifth week of her pregnancy.

On returning from the doctor, I made her eat her dinner and then we both went straight to bed. I have been avoiding coffee with her, because I know she would get tempted by seeing me drinking it. Due to no caffeine in my system, sleep easily came to me until sound of silent sobs woke me up.

I opened my eyes and found Scarlet sitting on the bed, hugging her knees, her brown eyes filled with unshed tears.

"God, what happened?" I rose to sitting position and scooted beside her. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't know." She said, rubbing her eyes.

"Huh? You don't know?" I asked in confusion.

"I don't know, Evan. I can't sleep and I just want to cry the whole night." She said and another tear streamed down her cheeks.

"Oh. Do you need anything?" I asked.

"No," she pouted and sobbed again.

The doctor had already warned me that sometimes, a pregnant woman can experience emotional instabilities and I should just be calm with her.

Sighing, I pulled her towards me into a hug. Rubbing her shoulders gently, I whispered, "You can cry as much as you want."

I let her sit there while she cried her heart out. I felt wetness all over my chest as I continued massaging her back with my fingers. It was half an hour later when her sobs stopped and her breathing turned shallower. Once I was sure she was asleep, I lay her back on the bed and lay down beside her.

............

Day 51 of pregnancy

In the middle of night, a hand touched my arm and shook me slightly. I knew it was Scarlet and I knew what she wanted. I regularly wake up in the middle of the night and find her awake. Some nights, she is too excited to have a baby and some nights, she is too emotional on going through this process.

Tonight, when I woke up, she looked neither too happy, nor too sad. "What happened babe?" I asked, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand.

"I didn't want to disturb you but..."

"But?"

"I am craving for a cheeseburger real bad." She said, looking distressed for waking me up from my night.

"But you don't even like cheeseburger." I said in confusion.

"Well, your baby does." She scowled.

"Okay, okay. I will get it." I rose to sitting position and kissed her.

Hopping out of bed, I went to the closet to change and walked out in a shirt and pants.

"Evan," she called my name again. "Can you bring two cheeseburgers? With extra fries?"

"Whatever you wish." I smiled and made my way out of the house. After finding the whole city for cheeseburgers at 4am in the night, when I finally returned, I found her sleeping peacefully.

............

Day 104 of pregnancy

Like many other night, I woke up to the voice of silent sobs beside me. I narrowed my eyes into small slits and watched Scarlet eating a sandwich while tears fell down her soft cheeks non-stop.

"What happened?" I asked and yawned.

"I... I have gained 4 pounds in this last week." She said and ate another bite of the sandwich.

"Aw... It's okay. You are pregnant. Of course, you are going to gain some weight." I said. She still looked very cute and despite the small bump on her stomach, the rest of her still looked the same.

"So you mean I do look fat?" She asked, scrunching her nose.

"I... I didn't say that." I coughed to clear my throat.

"But you feel like I do." She said.

"Scarlet, you look absolutely stunning. And the pregnancy glow just make you look sexier. Believe me." I said honestly.

"I do?" She whispered.

"Yes, you do." I said and took the empty plate of sandwich out of her hand. "Come on now, sleep." I said and helped her lay down. Kissing her forehead, I placed my hand over her baby bump and closed my eyes.

..........

Day 153 of pregnancy

This night, it wasn't Scarlet who woke me up. Instead, it was the sound of door closing and opening that did the deed. I opened my eyes and found Scarlet coming out of the bathroom, her hand resting over her baby bump and a layer of sweat covering her forehead.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"This is my eighth trip to the bathroom. How can I be fine?" She breathed out loud and sat down on the chair beside the bathroom door. "I have placed it here so I can rush inside whenever I want to pee."

"I wish I could do something." I said, feeling bad for her.

"You can cover your penis the next time you make love to me." She grunted, rushing once again inside the bathroom. She appeared out of the bathroom two minutes later and sat down on the chair with a sigh. "I am really sorry Evan."

"It's okay. I understand." I said and walked over to her. I placed another chair beside her and sat down, pulling her hand into mine. "I am here for you."

"Thanks," She said and rested her head on my shoulder. "For bearing me."

"Any day." I smiled.

...........

Day 210 of pregnancy

I tossed and turned on the bed, feeling a little uneasy. I felt like someone was watching me every closely so I opened my eyes, catching Scarlet staring at me with her head raised on her elbow.

"Hey," I smiled, rubbing my eyes.

"Hi." She whispered, looking slightly lost in thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"I am sorry. I am being so impossible these days." She said.

"No you aren't. You are carrying my child, you have all right to be impossible." I said.

"Um... Evan, is there someone else in your life?" She asked, a hint of frown on her forehead.

I had no idea what was going on in her mind or what made her feel like I have an affair. "I do not have anyone else Scarlet." I sighed.

"You are lying, aren't you? See, I look like a hippopotamus so it's obvious you'd get interested in her." She said.

"Who is this her?" I questioned.

"There was a woman calling you. Claudia," she said, glaring at my mobile.

I chuckled at this. "Claudia is my aunt. She lives in London and called to tell me about his son coming tomorrow to join my company."

"Are you telling the truth?" She still sounded suspicious.

"I swear I am. Now go back to sleep. I love you." I said and closed my eyes.

"I love you too." She said though a hint of disbelief was still evident in her voice.

...........

Day 258 of pregnancy

A hand slipped inside my shirt and trailed down my abs, causing all the blood of my body to rush south. I hummed in my sleep, clenching my eyes tighter.

"Evan," Scarlet whispered in my ears and her voice sounded deep and hoarse.

I opened my eyes and found a very pregnant Scarlet staring at me with her hooded eyes. She was reaching close to term and her mood swings were getting more irrational.

"Yep." I replied.

"Make love to me." She said and my eyes bulged out of the orbits.

"Wh... What? You are nine months pregnant babe. I don't think it would be safe or... Um possible." I said, staring at her belly.

"Why? Because you're disgusted by me?"

"That's not why. I... I..." I looked around in baffled state. Having sex with a wife this close to term was a little weird for me. Besides, her due date was just three weeks away so I didn't want to take any risk or cause any trauma.

"Fine, go back to sleep." She said and lay back on the bed, closing her eyes tightly.

Letting out a deep exhale, I scooted near her and massaged her head lightly. "It will all be over soon and we will have a cute little baby in our arms." I said to calm her. We had decided not to find the sex of the baby yet.

"I am afraid of the birth process. I watched a video and it looked really painful." She said, pouting.

"You are the strongest woman I know. You will get through it." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Hope so." She said and closed her eyes. I stayed like that and continued massaging her head until she was asleep.

............

Day 270 of pregnancy

"Evan," Scarlet's voice reached me and I nodded in my sleep. "When is my due date?"

"There are two weeks." I mumbled in my sleep without waking up. These days, she was getting too stressed by thinking of the time of delivery.

"Evan," she whispered again.

"No, you aren't fat sweetheart. It's just the baby weight." I said and clenched my eyes. I was too tired now after working in the office for the whole day that opening my eyes seemed like a hell to me. "And if you're hungry, there is your favourite cheeseburger in the refrigerator. Call Kelly to warm it up."

"Evan," she called my name again. "I think we are having a baby now." Her voice was followed by a deep grunt. Hearing this, my eyes shot open. I found her knelt on the floor with a pool of yellowish liquid on the floor.

"Oh God," I said in panic and rushed towards her.

__________________________

The next chapter is going to be the epilogue.

Till then,

Here are some questions for you.

1. Your favourite character in the book and why?

2. Your least favourite character in the book and why?

3. Your favourite moment?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
1.7M 50.8K 39
Copyrights ┬й 2014 by itslovely23 All rights reserved (Revised) Meet Matt Leonardo. One of the wealthiest men in California. The owner of the Na...
480K 18.2K 47
The Indian Wife: The Billionaire's Wife https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07X1CJRVF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fNFzDbDTAMR7P Published as an E-book on Amazon Kindl...
277K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...