Artemis (A Steve Rogers Story)

By allynmck1

"You really think I'd let you do this alone" "I was counting on you coming along" A boy becomes a hero and a... More

Captain America:The First Avenger
Cast
1-He's still Skinny
2- Taller
3-No Dame
4-You Two Don't Have One Of Those
5-Had Him on the Ropes
6- Together
Iron Man
1-Reunion
2- What the Bloody Hell
3-Marry That Girl
4-Hot Rod Red
5-Worst Thing
6-The Truth Is...
Iron Man 2
1-You Missed Me
2-Boy Scouts of America
3- I Want One
4-Full of Surprises
5-Exit The Donut
6-Still Taking Me To School
7- You Know What This Is
Avengers
1-Explain Now
2-Reunion
4- Bad Call, He Loves His Hammer
5- Ant, Boot
6- He's Thawed Out
7-Just Like Old Times
8-I'm Always Angry
9-We Won
Captain America: The Winter Solider
1-Two Fossils
2-Keep On Steppin'
3- You were married
4- Want To Get Out
5-Stop Lying
6- Two People I Trust
7-Who's Bucky?
8-You're My Mission
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
1- Language
2- You know Fondue
3-It's A Trick
4-Endgame
5-Wakanada
6-Safehouse
6- That Kind Of Talk
7- Shut It Down
8-Avengers...
Captain America: Civil War
1- 16 Year Old Kid
2- She's Gone
3-Yes You Do
4- Bird Suit
5- Newspapers
6- Got Heart
7- Be Happy
Avengers: Infinity War
1- We Will
2- End Of The World
3- WAKANDA FOREVER
4-Tree
5- Gone For The Head
Avengers: Endgame
1-Talking Racoon
2- Better Not Throw Up
3- Somewhere
4- E-Mails from a Racoon
5- Bigger Brain
6- Absolute Win
7-Whatever It Takes
8- Do This All Day
9 - Owe It
10- Cap, Can you read me?
11- Love You, 3000
Epilogue

3- You're Embarrassing Yourself

3.1K 52 3
By allynmck1

I pull the car up to base, and we are buzzed in, I drive up to the parking, and park the car. The two of us get out of the car, and I see Agent Coulson standing nearby waiting.

"Agent Harper" he says to me, "I'm to take you and the Captain to the Quinjet, and then to the hellicarrier" he informs us.
"I am assuming the director will be on the hellicarrier, because as of right now I am ready to give him a few choice words" I tell him as we follow Coulson to the Quinjet.
"I am sorry Ma'am that I couldn't tell you anything" he tells me as we step aboard the jet.
"I know just following orders" I say as I take a seat, and Steve sits down beside me.
"I am to give you theses, files on Dr Bruce Banner who we are going to meet at the Hellicarrier" Coulson tells us as he hands Steve a file and then heads over to his seat on the jet, as the pilots start the jet up and the fly us off.

Steve and I look over the tablet file that Coulson had given us, it had all the info about Dr Bruce Banner, and I had already read much of that info before, but it was all new for Steve.

"We are about 40 minutes out from home base, sir" we then hear a pilot tell Coulson, who stands up and comes over to us.
"So this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me and Willow?" Steve asks him.

"A lot of people were, you two were the world's first superheroes. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula" Coulson explains to Steve.

"Didn't really go his way did it?" Steve asks as he watches what had happened to Dr Banner.
"No, he didn't really think about asking me for help on it, but that would have been because I kept myself out of the spotlight a few years after losing you" I tell him.
"When he's not that thing, the guys like a Stephan Hawking" Coulson tells Steve who just looks at him confused.

"He's really smart" I tell him.
"I gotta say it's an honour to meet you officially" Coulson then says to Steve, and I know exactly where this is headed, "I sorta met you, I mean I watched you while you were sleeping" Coulson says completely embarrassing himself just like he had when he first met me, only this time it's a lot worse, "I mean, I was present while you were unconscious from the ice" he tries to explain as Steve stands up in the jet.

"Coulson, you're embarrassing yourself again" I whisper to him, and he looks away.
"You know it's really just a huge honour to have you both on board this" he says to the two of us as Steve looks out the front window and I get up to stand beside him.
"Well I hope I'm the man for the job" Steve remarks.

"Oh, you are, absolutely. We made some modifications to the uniform, I had a little design input" Coulson then says to Steve.
"The Uniform?" Steve asks, "Aren't the stars and stripes a little old-fashioned?" Steve then asks.
"With everything that's happening and the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashined" Coulsen tells him.

"I'm assuming my suit was brought over once I left STARK Tower" I ask Coulson.
"Yes Ma'am, it's already onboard the hellicarrier" he informs me.
"Good, are my weapons on board as well?" I ask him.
"Of course Agent Harper, we included some upgraded arrows for your arsenal as well" Coulson tells me.

"Are Agents Romanoff and Barton meeting us on the Hellicarrier?" I then asks him.
"Agent Romanoff is, unforutantly the enemy has taken control of Barton" he tells me.

"Barton was taken, I trained him better than that" I say to Coulson.
"It wasn't his mistake Ma'am, this man Loki has some sort of mind control weapon" he explains.
"Well this is going to be interesting" I say as Steve and I take our seats, as the jet should have been approaching the hellicarrier.

The jet lands and we await for the back to open to step off, "Stow the Captain's and Agent Harpers gear" Coulson orders two agents that are waiting for us to walk off. As we walk off, I spot a familiar red head and smile as we get closer to the woman, "Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers" Coulson introduces them to one another.

"Ma'am" Steve says to her.
"Hi" she says to Steve, "They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face-trace" she says turning to Coulson.
"See you there" he says as he then heads off.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice" Natasha says to Steve and I look at her in surprise, "I thought Coulson was gonna swoon" she then says, "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"she then asks Steve as we walk around the carrier tarmac.
"Trading cards?" Steve then asks.

"They are vintage cards, he's very proud I already signed mine" I tell him.
"Dr. Banner'" Steve then calls out as we see a very confused looking man.
"Yeah, hi" he says coming over to Steve, "They told me you would be coming" he adds.
" Word is you can find the cube" Steve says to Banner.

Banner then looks around, "IS that the only word on me?" he then asks us.
"It's the only word we care about" I tell him.
"It must be strange for you, all of this" Banner then says to Steve.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar" Steve says as he looks around then at me.
"Gentleman, you might want to step inside in a minute. It's going to get a little hard to breathe" she tells them as we look around to see agents locking everything down.
"Flight crew, secure the deck " we hear over the PA.
"Is this a submarine?" Steve then asks looking at me then around.
"Really? They want me in a submerged, pressurized, metal container" Dr Banner says as the two men walk over toward the edge of the carrier.

As the men go to look over the edge of the carrier I turn to Natasha, "You knew he was found, and didn't inform me" I say to her.
"I'm sorry Agent Harper, I was only following the order from the Director we were all put under strict instructions not to tell you. Every agent that knew about him, wanted to, knowing how badly that information you would want, but Fury didn't see it that way, didn't want to compromise bringing the Captain back" she explains to me.

"Fury really made the wrong decision" I say to her.
"Well you can let him know that when we get inside" she says as the men come back over to us and we head inside the carrier.

Steve, Bruce and I follow Natasha through the corridors of the carrier, as we make our way to the bridge. I looked around taking it all in, as I had never really been on the carrier until today, as I had stopped being a SHIELD agent for so many years. We enter the bridge, and Natasha walks off to do her job, as Bruce walks over toward the table, and I stay beside Steve. We both look around and he is taking it all in, "this is..this is something" Steve says to me.
"Yeah..yeah it is, defenitly different from our days in the war" I say as we watch all the agents prepare the carrier for taking to the skies.

After a few minutes, Fury turns around to look at the three of us, "Gentlemen, Ma'am" he says as Steve walks up to him and passes what I see to be a ten dollar bill.
"You had no right to keep him from me Nicholas" I say to him.
"You know I don't like being called that" he says as Steve walks away to look around the bridge.

"I'm your elder I can call you that, how could you not tell me" I say to him.
"It was in our best interest Agent Harper, I didn't want to compromise the Captain's recovery" he tells me.

"Not good enough reason" I say as I walk away and he goes to talk to Banner. I catch up to Steve as we walk around among all the agents, when we make our way back toward Fury and Banner.

"Where are you with that?" I hear Banner asking, which I assume is about the cube.
Fury then points over to Coulson, "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet" he says. "Cell phones, laptops, if it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us" he adds.

"That's still not gonna find them in time" I hear Natasha say.
"You're gonna have to narrow your field" Banner then says, "How many spectrometers do you have access to?" he asks.

"How many are there?" Fury asks him.
"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof" Banner says as he takes his jacket off, "And calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places" he continues to explain, "Do you have somewhere for me to work?" he asks.

"Agent Romanoff, show Dr.Banner to his laboratory, please" Fury then orders her, and she walks back over.
"You're gonna love it Doc, we got all the toys" I hear her say as Banner follows her off the bridge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 268 23
Not updated often, just for when stuff comes to mind; such as, imagines preferences and one shots. In the future I may post more explicit and mature...
473K 15.2K 55
As obvious as this may be, I do not own anything Marvel related
656K 12.6K 53
❛ THERE WAS AN IDEA . . . ❜ this is a completed collection of preference and one shots of several Marvel characters, namely the Aveng...