The King's Queen (Nightmare S...

ReapingZen द्वारा

PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au... अधिक

Once upon a Nightmare.
An unusual relationship.
Protect Your King.
A Soul's Reflection.
Verbal promise.
Strategic warfare.
Dream Catcher.
First date.
I dare you.
A selective mute.
Obsessed.
Taking the blame.
Corrupted.
Stone slumber.
Guard dog.
King of nightmares.
Horrible time.
Just tired.
A deep sleep.
I am here.
Help.
Checkmate.
She's mine.
Your HP.
Ink's plan.
Cross.
Desires.
Little Game.
That's strike three.
Negotiations.
Stroke of irony.
The Queen.
I love you.
Anxiety.
Memory loss.
Eventually.
She is marked.
Dominance.
The King's Queen.

Not losing you.

8K 324 481
ReapingZen द्वारा

(Well, we've almost hit the 80 votes mark, which means that I'll do two updates in the same day. Additionally, I see that this story has almost received 1000 reads ._. So I wanted to be sure to thank everyone that is taking to time to read this story, I really appreciate it! Now then. I am half awake, and really cold right now... so let's see if I can still write, haha. Just going to show a little bit of relationship development between the Reader and Nightmare for a few more chapters while the story slowly continues to progress. Anyway, enjoy!)

---Nightmare's Pov---

"Please." (Y/n) pleaded as I looked over in her direction. In my hand was a book that I was trying to read while she sat on the bed and pouted. Cute.

That was another word that she managed to properly use consistently with me... this list was up to three words now. 'Please, Nightmare and sorry.'

"Absolutely not." I once again said as she collapsed into the purple blankets of my large bed. It's been about three days since she's been here with me, and every time that I leave I lock her in. My (Y/n) was starting to get anxious to stretch her legs, but my instincts were still telling me to keep her safe.

With her low HP, I didn't want to allow her free access through the castle... which she has been asking for consistently. *Even for a kiss?*

She signed, catching my eye as I pulled away from the book that I was reading. If I were being honest, I never actually managed to read this book... my attention was only on her, keeping her safe was my priority. "Don't tempt me."

When she didn't reply to my comment, I sharply closed my book. Her eyes snapped open to the sound of it closing, but she was immediately met with my face. In an instant, I had her hands pinned above her head while looming over her body with a sense of dominance. "If you're feeling bored... I can give you something to do."

She seemed to catch my lustful gaze, causing her to become flustered. My phalanges gently trailed down the side of her cheek, to her neck, and finally above one of her breasts. After I took her fragile state into mind, I pulled away hesitantly. "Ugh... I always get what I want, my dear. Waiting for your health to stabilize is so-"

Once I felt her hand on my own, my gaze softened. "Teasing. You're a tease."

Her face was a vibrant red as she raised her lips to my teeth, pressing a kiss against me. She was gentle and easily affectionate when she did it. When I finally managed to drag myself away, my hands trailed over the thin black fabric of the large hoodie that I gave her. It reached to her knees, not showing the undergarments that I got a pleasant look at earlier.

Now why did I get to see them? Well...

She was coming out of the shower with a thin towel wrapped around her body, obviously forgetting her clothes on the bed as I brought breakfast to her. When I saw her, I almost dropped the food on the floor...

I knew that if I were to die right then and there, I'd die happy. Sure I personally stripped her down during her first night here, but seeing her soaked like that... her hair wet and dripping on her soft skin. It took everything that I had to stop myself from taking her right then and there.

I didn't want to look away. So being a King, I chose not to.

Not that it mattered, right? She was mine to look at anyway... I'd have the opportunity to play with her soon enough. But for now, I should probably try to keep her happy.

"If you want a tour..." I paused, groaning as I gave in. Flashing her a look, I noticed that her smile was wide and genuine. Her voice, her emotions... they may of been slow when coming back, but I still had the privilege of seeing them. I was the only one that she'd show them to. "Then you better put on some pants. Because I refuse to let the others see you like this."

That was the most important rule for me, only I wanted to see her with this little clothing. If anyone else managed to look at her when she was even like this, I'd gauge their eyes out. *Thank you, now for a reward.*

She signed while slipping on her jeans. I looked at her with confusion until she turned around to give me a kiss before whispering.. "Love you."

Oh great, another word for me to spend the day fawning over.

Just as I was about to reach out to grab her, (Y/n) was out the door and making a run for it. I guess that she really did need to stretch her legs... regardless, if she thought that she could just leave me here stunned...

Not finishing that sentence as I teleported into the shadowy halls, I immediately started moving in the direction of her necklace. (Y/n) didn't know that I was using it to track her, but it was better that way. If she didn't know, then it was unlikely that anyone else would figure it out.

"You can run... but you cannot hide from me."

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

As I was running through the castle, admiring the beauty of its structure... I was also managing to play a game with Nightmare.

For the past three days, I have been trying to say that word while he was out of the room until I finally managed to do it successfully. It wasn't much, but at least I was trying. Not only that, but I was humming again.

That started two nights ago when Nightmare seemed to be having a rough time falling asleep. He told be that he rarely did it, but felt comfortable enough to relax next to me. I can only guess that he was doing this to keep me as close as possible... he was so worried about me. 

I hope that I wasn't becoming a burden.

Remembering the sound of my voice and how his eye snapped open at my lullaby... it was an interesting moment. His hand reached up to cup my cheek with a gentleness that only he could possess for me. I suppose that I felt special...

He seemed so confused and very surprised by my quiet hums, but decided to let it happen. Nightmare's arms firmly wrapped against me, his inky limbs moved through the room subconsciously in case of an intruder- oh yeah. He let them roam around while he slept as a defensive instinct to his nature... to never be caught off guard.

Actually, that same night that I lulled him to sleep... I tried to get out of his grip to use the restroom when one of his appendages grabbed my ankle. Being the mute that I was, I didn't say anything or even scream. I guess that even in his sleep, he was preventing me from leaving. At least the tentacles didn't perceive me as a threat.

Suddenly I was taken out of my thoughts by falling backwards. In my carelessness, I managed to accidently run into a skeleton that was tainted by a lot of dust. His eyes seemed heavily crazed and unstable as he pulled a knife from his pocket. I tried to sign a sorry to him, but he only glared down at me.

"Fucking watch where you're going-" He was about to bring the knife closer to me until he realized who I was... but by then it was too late, I was panicked and had my hands raised above my head in fear. "Oh shit..."

Torches that lined the darkened halls had their blue flames snuffed out, leaving nothing but darkness and smoke. The skeleton, who went by the name of Dust, was desperately trying to peer through the growing shadows... but everything seemed to swallow the light.

I could admit that I still remembered the bullies, and the roughness of Red when he was sometimes trying to handle me. Yes, he did a good job taking care of me... but he still had to break out of that harsh cycle to gain my trust. Ink was no better, he encouraged the physical methods when verbal talks went nowhere. 

I never spoke out against them when they wanted something, because I never had the choice. If my happiness had to be sacrificed for the good of aus, then it was necessary... I was a tool. Nightmare explained that to me since I was fairly confused about it, but I could tell that he didn't want to. My Soul already had so much pressure on it from the isolation that I had to go through. He probably thought that I didn't need to feel used too.

"No, no, no... no!" Dust said, pulling me away from the memories. He was very panicked as I was still holding my hands above my head in fear of being hit. Unfortunately, Nightmare saw this and responded by putting his sinister abilities to use.

From behind me, I could hear the wet sound of slithering on the floor. This was followed by dripping that echoed through the castle which only served to amplify the terror. The inky limbs moved past me, two on the floor while the other two were above my head. They reminded me of snakes, slowly moving in to make their kill. Except I wasn't the target.

Since my eyes were firmly squeezed shut in anticipation for an impact that never came, I decided to peak out of my barricade. I saw Dust on the floor, backing away from the appendages that crept towards him. Our gaze met for a moment, and I could see a pleading expression on his face for me to do something. So I did. Because I really am too nice.

Since I couldn't see very well through the darkness, I relied on my ability to touch. My hand reached out to caress one of the limbs that moved passed my ankle on the floor. Once my fingers gently brushed up against the one appendage, there was a pause in all of their movements. They twitched slightly before turning away from their initial target.

The limbs instead turned their attention towards my body, the one that I touched slipped around my waist in an effort to pick me up while the other three moved around me in search of the slightest wound. I was glad that I managed to stop whatever was about to happen to Dust, and he also seemed to be relieved.

He gave me a thankful nod before his eyes turned into a look of pure horror. I couldn't see what made him so terrified since I was facing the insane skeleton, but behind me was a single cyan eye glowing in the darkness. No smile, just an eerie glare that easily told him to leave if he valued his life. If Nightmare was playing with a target, his pearly white smile could be seen during his little games. But right now, he was dead serious.

So he fled.

Dust got up and ran in the opposite direction, never once turning around to see if he was being chased. After he got away, my (F/c) Soul was in front of me with an HP bar to demonstrate my health that was 6/6.

Once the damage was inspected, I felt my surrounding shifting. I was out of the darkness and put into a new room, it was large and had a throne in it. Nightmare's limbs still held onto me firmly as he went to sit in his throne, soon bringing me forward to sit on his lap.

What I thought was going to be a lecture was instead an attempt at calming him down. His arms wrapped around my small body and his head immediately dove into the crook of my neck in search of comfort. The only thing that I could think of doing at that moment was humming.

My soft lullaby didn't put him to sleep, but it at least tamed his powerful grip.

"I won't stand for it..." He mumbled into my skin while I brushed my fingers against his skull, desperate to soothe him. "I will do everything to keep you by my side. You will not die, I will not lose you ever again..."

The King of nightmares finally understood the feeling of fear.

"I'm not losing you, (Y/n)."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.8K 84 19
TW!!!! The story will go over topics of s*xual abuse, and other things of that sort. A dream of hope, of love. There he laid, someone. They couldn't...
158K 3.6K 24
Nightmare has his sights set on your au next to destroy for more power, when he decides plans need to change after taking a small liking to one of it...
2.5K 42 13
Instead of you being a human, you're a monster in the Underground. I will continue to go back and edit or merge parts until I have completed the stor...