Incomplete

Por Daydreamerwithnolife

Soulmate au and college au Virgil wanted nothing to do with the writing that adorned his skin from his soulma... Más

Background
Virgil
First Day of College
The others
The Library
Class
AN
Questions and Answers
Fluff!!!!!
Virgil's very bad day
AN
The project
OMG
Texting with Baes
😱
Light at the end of the tunnel
Update
Is there a thing called moving on?
Complete

Dinner

5.1K 222 284
Por Daydreamerwithnolife

Trigger warning: Child abuse, negative thoughts, mentioned of killing and suicide, depression and anxiety, panic attack
Patton's POV
After the hug and kisses, I spaced out. I thought about that time and I knew that I needed to talk to Virgil.
At the bathroom door I knocked, there was no sounds, so I knocked again and whispered "Virgil?"

"Hey Virgil, it's me Patton. I wanted to check in before they come, see how you're doing."

I hear shuffling and the door unlocking.
Virgil had his classic hood up over his messy dark hair. I then noticed his eyes were red and puffy, from crying, the eyeshadow smudged.

"Virgey? Are you ok?"
"I'm fine."
"No your not, that's why I came over to see you. This is a big step, I remember when I was meeting their parents for the first time. I was a crying mess myself. Virgey, it's ok not to be ok." I pulled him into a hug, he was shaking in my arms so I gently sat him down on the toilet.
He was looking down, I kneeled in front of him and grabbed both of his hands in mine.
"Virgil, honey, could you look at me please."
I tried to put as much softness as I could into my voice. His beautiful dark stormy eyes met mine, and it hurt to see the pain there. All I wanted to do was take Virgil away from all the pain.
"That's it. Now if this is too much we can cancel."
He shook his head then muttered, "I don't want to be a burden and a waste of time."
"You aren't a burden and it's totally fine if you change your mind."
"No it's not, you guys spent so much time preparing for the meal, not to mention your parents coming all the way over to be disappointed."
"They will understand and what about your parents? Aren't they coming?"
Virgil was silent, bringing his head down
Not completely knowing the situation, Patton sat confused. Until it hit him, he was better with reading emotional situations where Logan was better at reading factual situations.
"They can't come can they?" Patton asked hoping that he found out what made his Virgil so upset. When Virgil remained the same, he hoped he got it right.

(When you cant remember if you killed off his parents or not so you have to reread the beginning lol)

Virgil's POV
I didn't know what to say! I need to tell them!
They will just pity you
Everyone would look at you different
They would hate you for lying
SHUT UP

I then did the only thing my panic stricken brain could think of and that was saying
"Yeah"
I looked up to see Patton giving a sad smile
Good job you made literally happiness sad
"That's a bummer, I think everyone was looking forward to meet them. Maybe another time."
"Yeah"
"Thank you for talking to me Virgey. Now are you ok with dinner?"
I nodded while giving a little yes
"Ok, well I have to finish a few more things and you can freshen up if you want. Ok?"
"Thanks Patton."
"Of course, Virgey." Patton smiled at me and when meeting those beautiful eyes, I smiled too.
Patton gave me another hug and he left me alone in the bathroom with my thoughts. I sighed then started to fix the mess that was called my face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time Skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I was done the doorbell rang. I looked at myself one more time, taking a deep breath, and left the safety of the bathroom.

I saw Patton, Logan, and Roman taking to three groups of families. Patton then noticed me and brought the attention of the people he was with.

"Virgil! These are my parents! Mom and Dad this is our fourth soulmate Virgil!"

"Well hello Virgil, it's nice to finally meet you. Patton has told us quite a lot about you." said Patton's mother. She had the same hair as Patton, though it was more brown, to her shoulders. She had dark blue eyes and a fair amount of freckles. She wore a pastel blue blouse with flowers and black dress pants.

She, like her son, instead of a handshake gave me a big hug. Which did take me back, not expecting it.

Patton's dad, however gave me a handshake. He had sandy blonde hair that was pushed back. He had glasses, and bright blue eyes like Patton(though they could never compare to the beauty of Patton's eyes). He wore a gray plaid shirt tucked into black dress pants.

Roman than grabbed my hand and pulled me into the direction of his family. I saw a woman, who I assume is Roman's mother, with light auburn hair pulled into this fancy looking braid. She had warm hazel eyes. She had a soft red dress that went to her knees. The man, Roman's father, was in a suit and tie, He had duller red hair that was swept to the side. He had blue green eyes that seemed to light up yet stay cold. There were two other boys standing next to Roman's parents. One was Roman? I didn't know Roman had a twin. The twin was wearing black jeans, and a bright green dress shirt. The only difference between them was the twin had a gray strip of hair. Next to the twin was a boy with a very outdated outfit. He had a bowler hat, so I couldn't really see his hair color. Half of his face looked discolored. He had heterochromia, one eye a dark brown while the other one looked almost yellow. He had a black jacket that looked like it was a cape. He had a bright yellow dress shirt, and matching yellow gloves. He also had black dress pants.

"Everyone, this is Virgil! Our fabulous final soulmate! Virgil this is my mother, my father, this is my twin brother Remus, and his soulmate Dylan."

I gave a wave and a small smile, while being showed to the last family.

Logan's parents were very professional looking, which didn't surprise me. Logan's mother had a black skirt and a white blouse. Her black hair was pushed out of her face into a low bun. She had glasses and dark blue eyes that seemed calculating like her son's. Logan's father had dark brown hair pushed back as well. He had a white dress shirt, a black tie, and black dress pants. He had dark brown eyes with the same calculating stare.

"Mother, father, this is Virgil. Virgil these are my parents."

They were looking me up and down.

I managed to stutter out, "h-hello, I-it's nice to meet you."

Patton then got everyone's attention and told them that the food is ready. Everyone slowly made their way the table, everyone talking to each other. I sat between Patton and Roman at the large table. I think Patton must have told Logan and Roman about my parents not coming. Guilt turning in my stomach. I went to help Patton bring all the food to the table. I really wasn't hungry, but I knew I needed to eat something. I slowly forced the food down.

"So Virgil, why have you never made yourself present until recently?" Logan's father asked

I was scared that this would happen, it didn't surprise me that it was Logan's father to ask the question that must have been on everyone's mind. I mean I never really told Patton, Roman, and Logan the full truth. He only really told them about the depression. Before he could say anything Patton jumped in, "Virgil has suffered, well, he never had a positive mindset."

That satisfied Patton's parents and maybe even Roman's parents, who both looked at him with pity, but Logan's parents kept looking at him.

Patton's mom thankfully noticed the tension, "well I'm glad that you have pushed through and are together now." She gave a warm smile to me.

Everyone was in the midst of their own conversations, while I just slowly ate. I don't know how long but the question I feared was brought up.

"Virgil, where are your parents?" Roman's father brought up this time.

"What?"

"Well I just thought that they would be here."

"They, they couldn't make it."

"Why not? I would think that it would be important to them that they meet their son's soulmate's parents?"

I didn't know what to say, so I just shrugged.

Then Roman had to butt in. "Yeah, I was disappointed when Patton told us that you said they couldn't come. I was hoping to meet them."

"Wait you mean, that you have not met them?"Logan's mom asked

"We did plan this dinner to have everyone together." Logan brought up

It seemed like everyone was looking at me

"Why don't you call them?" Patton's dad asked

My blood went cold

My father's words rang in my ear, "You are a disappointment! Who would want you as a soulmate? I want you to never ever bring up anything that has to do with them! They would be happier without you!"

I think I was shaking, I realized that I wasn't really breathing. My mind when back to the first time my father caught me looking at my soulmate's writing.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I quickly pulled my shirt sleeve down, but it was too late. My father grabbed my arm dragging my to the bathroom sink. He ignored my cries of pain, and turned the water to as hot as it could get and plunged my arm under the scalding water. He then started to beat me. By the time he was done I was a shaking mess, I just passed out right there on the grimy bathroom floor.

I was brought out of the flashback by something freezing, I looked down and noticed an ice cube in my hand. I also noticed I was alone on the couch, Patton by my side. I heard Patton saying something.

"Breathe with me, remember your breathing exercises. 3-6-7"

When I was breathing more normally I heard Patton ask a question.

"What happened? What triggered the attack?"

I took a few more shaking breaths, I knew that I needed to tell the truth.

"Can you bring Roman and Logan over. There's something that I need to tell you all."

Patton looked at me in concern and went to get them. I sighed and thought about what to tell them. I was so scared that they would be really mad at me for lying. I focused breathing and keeping the negative thoughts out of my head. Before I knew it Roman, Patton, and Logan were surrounding me.

"We're here Virgil, what was it that you needed to tell us?"

"I-I'm so so so so sorry. I-I l-lied to you." I sobbed out

I looked to their faces, Patton and Roman had confused faces, but Logan had a knowing look.

"M-my p-parents are dead. T-they died when I w-was 8." I sobbed, the looks of shock covered their faces.

"I'm so sorry, I was so scared that you would hate me." I forced myself to say.

"Can we hug you Virgil?" Patton asked

I just nodded my head, tears streaming down my face while the three of them hugged me like I would disappear.

"What happened?" Logan asked, it kinda took me by surprise that it was Logan who asked and not Patton

"M-my f-father...h-he k-killed m-my mom. T-then himself."

The hug soon became tighter. Then I finally told them everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! OMG this was a jam packed chapter! We are nearing the end! At least one more chapter. Thank you to all the support this story has had! I hope you have enjoyed!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.8K 557 29
Virgil, Patton, Logan, and Roman move in together, but relationships can be hard when everyone has their own baggage to carry. Will the four be able...
24.6K 2.2K 141
SANDERS SIDES COLLEGE AU Virgil is a freshman in college. As a commuter, he doesn't have many opportunities to make friends, until someone comes up t...
6.6K 527 89
Soulmate au. Whatever is on your soulmates skin appears on yours. Appart from birthmarks and freckles and other scars you're born with. You get your...
11.9K 473 39
After a horrible day Virgil finds himself in a place he doesn't recognise. What will happen? Who will save him? Will the others come to his rescue, o...