Handsome Jaune (RWBY x Border...

Redsummer09 tarafından

Hero That's all I ever strived to be; a hero. To save people with a smile on my face, to let them know that I... Daha Fazla

Prologue: A Story Told
Remnant's Most Handsome
Mistral Memories
The Mistralian Thorn and a tense reunion
Side Chapter: The Regrets of a Clown
Who's in?
Simplified Choices
Authors Note: Decision made and chapter rewrite
Haven Drama and Experimentation
Omake: Psycho Fun Times (Halloween 400 follower special)
Heavy Metal Beatdown PT. 1

A Divine Explanation

4.2K 59 36
Redsummer09 tarafından

Sorry this took so long. Life was finally catching up to me (though I wish it didn't).

Hope you enjoy

All was silent as Jaune looked up at the towering form of the God of Darkness (G.O.D).

The blonde megalomaniac has encountered many things that are seen as Gods of some kind, namely the Vault Monsters like the Warrior and Destroyer, but to have one physically talking to him? A bit of a brain overload, that is.

"It has been quite some time since I had a human gaze it me speechless. Thank you for reminding me why I hated it." Darkness cut in, derailing Jaune's silent shock/awe.

Shaking his head, he managed to give a clear response. "Sorry, just didn't expect myself to fall asleep than wake up talking to a God." he said with slight sarcasm and trepidation.

Altering his size, the G.O.D now stood at equal to Jaune's 6ft1 height, as to make it easier for eye contact. "On the contrary, you are still asleep within that little branch of yours. We are merely communicating in what you call the 'Mind-Scape'. As for the scenery, I decided to give us both some familiarity." he said, gesturing to the decrepit landscape around the two.  

Looking at the jagged rocks and black pits, Jaune voiced his thoughts. "Hate to break it to ya, but I actually never been here before."

Shrugging without a care, Darkness replied nonchalantly. "That may be true, but even you must admit that this reminds of the area on Pandora called the Eridium Blight, correct?" Jaune had to admit, he had a point there. Taking a more analytic look, it does remind him of that desolate shithole. However, that brought up another point.

"So not only are you the one to bring me back from the dead-still reeling from that by the way-but also know specific locations on Pandora. Just how long have you been watching, oh God of Darkness?" Jaune asked mockingly, as if testing Darkness' patience.

Shame that being alive as long as he has, Darkness developed quite alot of it.

"Truth be told, I have been watching over you since you were born, never interacting but merely observing. And before you ask," Darkness said, holding up a hand to stop Jaune from talking. "I mean when you were born as an Arc, not your second life." he clarified, a speechless Jaune coming to terms with this revelation.

Taking a deep breath, Jaune began to briefly sum up everything he was just told. "So you're telling me, that you've seen every last moment of my life, from birth to death, and I was ignorant to it this whole time?" he asked with barely restrained rage. 

Seeing Darkness casually nod his head yes, Jaune attempted to hit him with a right hook. However, a geist arm suddenly shot out of the ground, catching his wrist and preventing it from connecting. Soon, more came out of the ground, restricting his remaining arm and his legs, all whilst Jaune attempted to break free to no avail.

Walking closer to the struggling blonde, Darkness could only feel sympathetic towards his plight. While many may feel ecstatic to be noticed by something of divine nature, it was the opposite for the Arc.

Pain, betrayal, loss, hate. Just some of the things Darkness has seen throughout Jaune's life, often being the same scenario later on but worse in scale. From friend turned bully(1), friends to abusers, and finally, friends attempting to end your life.

The Arc was no doubt wondering why he never interfered with these events. And that is an explanation Darkness will gladly provide.

"I don't expect you to agree with my actions," Darkness began, Jaune taking deep breaths and paying attention, "But the reason I never altered any of the events during your life was because of my brother. If I did anything directly, then he would know near immediately. In short, I didn't want to cause you more strife by having my brother looking down on you."

Nodding, Jaune went over everything before asking questions. "What did you mean by your brother 'looking down on me'"? he asked.

"Exactly that. My brother, while seeming to be a polite individual, is a holier-than-thou prick. Whenever we would meet in private he would be a complete and utterly insufferable arsehole. He would brag about how many people prayed to him and visited his shrine. I forgot how many times I wanted to punch his face in." Darkness answered, sounding more and more angrier with his recollection.

'Should I be this glad to have not met his brother?' Jaune thought.

"Yes, you should be glad." Darkness said out of nowhere. "Do not be surprised. I did say we were inside your mind-scape, so this would naturally include your thoughts."

Jaune really should've thought that through.

After calming down, along with the geist arms fading away, the blonde began to go over the information he got. Being revived by a G.O.D, finding out he was watched by said deity, along with finding out his brother is a dick. But after some more thinking, he realised he never got the "Why?".

"There's still one more thing." Jaune said, Darkness raising what looked like an eyebrow. "Why did you bring me back. Wouldn't it have been best to just let me stay dead?"

Giving what sounded like a sigh, Darkness gave the answer. "Typically, yes, it would have. However, I brought you back because, in short, I need your help. When you awakened the Warrior, it created a backlash against the fabric of space-time. Bear in mind, this wouldn't happen typically, but it did because most of the work was caused by the Destroyer(2).

This backlash created a spectral rift, unseen by mortal eyes. This rift sucked in a handful of creatures, each varying in strength. They were deposited on Remnant in different locations, though luckily remaining in a dormant state.

I asked for your help because I believe that they will awake soon, and will cause untold amounts of damage and deaths." 

"So, what? You just want to hunt them down and kill them?" Jaune asked, Darkness nodding in confirmation. "Any Ideas on where should I start? Let alone tell me what I'm looking for?" he asked, hoping for some form of advice.

"Before you so much as attempt to hunt down these creatures, I'd recommend building yourself up in the world once more; such as getting weapons and a stable supply of funds. As for the 'what', on the other hand. The creatures you're looking for are what you might know as... The Invincibles." Darkness answered, hesitating slightly when mentioning the title of the creatures.

Remaining silent with his mouth wide upon, Jaune soon spoke the word that best summed up his current situation.

"Fuck."

"I know this may be too much to ask," Darkness began, hoping to ease the blonde's trepidation, "But I wouldn't ask this of you if I didn't believe you couldn't handle it. Back on Pandora, you were an engineering genius. Couple that with your gift for strategy and you are a force to be reckoned with."

Looking off to the side, Jaune contemplated everything. It was true he was gifted in anything involving in strategy, as well as becoming a master in engineering (mainly programming, but close enough) in his second life. Though there was one thing that sealed the deal.

"Well, I'd have to be stupid to turn down a second-or rather, third- chance at life." Jaune said to himself as well as Darkness. Before he left, Jaune spoke the two things. "Before I go: 1. where would be the first place to go? And 2. are you secretly a girl?" blunt honesty was always a characteristic of Handsome Jack, besides when tricking his foes.

Shaking his head in humour at the blonde's bluntness, Darkness answered. "Fortunately for you, you are already on the right track in your journey. Once you've reached the Kingdom of Mistral, head towards the lower parts and look for a bar called the 'Crimson Corset'; you'll find a special ally there. As for your second enquiry..." he trailed off, as his form began to shift and change in shape (the horns however taking a more defined appearance.

Once the change was complete, in Darkness' place stood a women who would catch all attention, regardless of gender or preference. With ruby red eyes and amethyst purple hair, she looked both evil as well as seductive.

With a skin tone of a nice healthy cream colour without blemish, this women stood at a solid 6 feet in height. Her physical figure consisted of strong thighs, 36E cup breasts and a firm but bubbly rear. For attire, she is wearing a midnight black-and-blue singlet dress that goes towards her mid-calf. On her face is a pair of purple-rimmed reading glasses. Coupled with her high-hanging ponytail, she fit the bill for the "hot librarian" style.

"...You are indeed correct. You may call me Mael Miasma." He, or rather SHE, said, her voice as soft as silk yet still attention grabbing.

Mael Miasma

Dark Is Sexy

"Its been a long time since I've been my true self," Mael said, stretching her arms above her head, drawing some pops in the process. "So long, that I doubt my own brother remembers that I'm actually female." stopping her stretches, Mael can see Jaune looking at her speechless with mouth wide open in shock.

Sauntering herself closer, she pushed her right index finger into his bottom jaw, closing his mouth. Giggling, she placed her right hand on his left shoulder, where a bright purple glow began to emit. Oddly enough however, nothing occurred.

"I've bestowed upon you my gift to aid you in your adventure, though you must wait until you're awake in order for it to take effect. I wish we could talk for longer, but our time is almost up." true to her word, the world around them began to crack dissipate into nothingness. "Remember Jaune Arc, I will always be watching over you." and in a bright flash of light, Jaune woke up.

*Tree Branch, 9am*

Gasping upwards in shock, Jaune looked around him, seeing he was still in his resting place. Before he could properly relax, a searing hot pain struck him from his left shoulder, spreading throughout his entire left side. After a minute, the pain began to die down, allowing him to relax. Taking off his jacket, Jaune looked to the source of the pain and widened his eyes in shock at his findings.

Strips of blue tattoos stretched across his entire left arm, crawling up his shoulder and likely down his abdomen. The removal of his shirt, revealing his toned physique to the world, proved this theory to be true. Oddly, the lines arranged themselves on his left peck to look like a dragon's head being looked at from the left.

Hearing a ding from his ECHO, he pulled it out to see he had a message.

Mael:

No doubt you've received my gift, as this message is to tell you what it is.

Many millennia ago, I once gifted Humanity the power of magic, a means for them to bend the elements to their will. Now, I bestow that gift upon you to aid in your endeavour.

As for the Siren-reminiscent tattoos, I believed some familiarity was best.

Also, it may be best to train with your new abilities on your way to Mistral, in order to gauge your limits.

I wish you luck in your journey, and hopefully, we may speak again.

Sincerely,

Mael(strom) Miasma

Jaune wondered what the 'Mael' part was short for. Now he knew.

Putting his t-shirt and jacket back on, Jaune pushed himself off the branch and landed safely on the ground. Standing up straight, he looked at his left hand and tried to use his new powers. Feeling a slight tingle within his had, he tried to draw it out, his efforts baring fruit.

Floating a constant 1cm away from his hand was a brightly glowing fireball. Closing his hand and reopening it, the fireball remained. It was only after silently willing it to vanish did the fireball fade away.

Nodding in satisfaction, Jaune began to walk in the rough direction of Mistral. Though one thing did have him thinking.

Who was this ally he'd find at this 'Crimson Corset' bar?

Author's Notes

1 - This is a plot point for later. The backstory I have figured out, but since this is an OC, character name/description submissions are allowed and very much welcome.

2 - For those who are confused, note that the Destroyer is a highly powerful entity, which could very well be classed as a universal threat and was locked away for a reason. Thus, when the first Vault on Pandora was opened by Roland, Lilith, Brick and Mordecai; all of its power was released in one full swoop.

Some other things as well. I made the G.O.D a female because a piece of Humanities' darkness is their lust, whether it be sexual, control or power.

As for the Crimson Corset ally, here is a hint: she's not as innocent as before.

I do hope you enjoyed this chapter, as I did have trouble writing due to a combination of writer's block and family issues.

Until next time, Redsummer out.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.9K 286 11
Jaune arc was just like any other kid just wanting to make his dream a reality of wanting to be a hero and thought of asking for help from others in...
1.4K 20 15
(DISCONTINUED) "Don't claim that you know me, 'cause you know very well that I have seen through it all." ???:"Those words still echo in my mind. Gra...
51.4K 1.3K 15
Despite saving Cardin from an Ursa, he still exposed the truth about Jaune's transcripts. His friends and family abandoned him. Most of the students...
235K 4.7K 31
Jaune's life wasn't easy. The news of his fake transcripts made everyone turn on him. The people he thought he could trust abandoned him. His family...