When Sophomores Collide (Boyx...

Od euwangabrielll

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, holding my penguin printed handkerchief. M... Viac

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Day Jitters
Chapter 3: Music
Chapter 4: Acquaintances
Chapter 5: Dreaming of You
Chapter 6: Invitation
Chapter 7: Bestfriend
Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy
Chapter 9: Camping in the Wild
Chapter 10: Gummies
Chapter 11: Troublemaker
Chapter 12: The Offer
Chapter 13: Snapped
Chapter 14: The Committee
Chapter 15: The Preparation
Chapter 16: Birthday Boy
Chapter 17: A Morning at the Fierro's
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Homecoming Escapade
Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty
Chapter 21: Luxurious Party
Chapter 22: Shopping Spree
Chapter 23: Revelation
Chapter 24: Confrontation
Chapter 25: Forgive and Forget?
Chapter 26: The Beginning
Chapter 27: Rubies and Hand Fans
Chapter 28: The Truth
Chapter 29: Sabotage
Chapter 30: Family Feud
Chapter 31: Name, Cleared
Chapter 32: Happy Valentine's
Chapter 33: Frozen
Chapter 34: Friendship Over?
Chapter 35: The Presentation
Chapter 36: Eliminated
Chapter 37: The Council
Chapter 38: Disastrous Outrage
Chapter 39: Happy Birthday?
Chapter 40: Camping Mischief
Chapter 41: The Betrayal
Chapter 42: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 43: Three Words for You
Chapter 44: To Catch a Traitor
Chapter 45: The Traitorous Princess
Chapter 46: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 47: The Rage of the Storm
Chapter 48: Playing with Fire
Chapter 49: The Villainous Queen
Chapter 50: Happily Ever After
Epilogue
this book sucks lol

Chapter 2: Embarrassment

10.4K 374 271
Od euwangabrielll

Chapter 2: Embarrassment

Theo

After the break. We were called out into the gymnasium for the welcome assembly. This happens yearly anyways, they welcome the students or something like that. People are gonna dance or whatever. They aren't great at it really. I can dance better... when I'm alone in my room.

Anyway, out of topic. The squad sat together as always, this time, Hunter's group was sitting close to us. How did I know? Because I scout every move they did. No I'm not a stalker, I'm just weirdly obsessed with one of them. I can view his head. His silky black hair, which his girlfriend was currently playing. How dare she ruin something perfect and beautiful such as his hair. I noticed him whispering things at her ear. She laughed and lightly punched his arm. 

I can do better than that, but at your face, Reign Pharsa

My friends had conversations on their own. And I was left alone with my thoughts, while waiting for the program to start. Athena showed us a video on her phone, it was her in her childhood days. It was freaking funny as hell. I'm very much scared to laugh because other sounds come out besides laughter. I couldn't contain it and laughed at the video with them, wiping at my eyes, I tried to breathe and gasp for air at the same time but ended up with a snort. A good number of people around us laughed and looked at us. Gosh, I was attracting unwanted attention.

"I love your laugh!" Some girl from my left said.

"When the laugh is funnier than the joke." A guy behind me said.

"How do you do that?" And an annoying voice from my right said. 

Voices asked and passed side to side. I just dismissed them and continued watching the video. Right after it ended, the principal, Mr. Martinez, walked over to the center and waited until all attention was onto him. 

He cleared his throat before speaking "Like every year. Students enter and leave High School. We very much welcome-- blah blah blah and so much more nonsense. 

I dismissed his voice and just played in my phone. Mostly reading wholesome memes. Trying not to laugh was tough, especially if you're giddy and in the mood to laugh. I eventually got bored and pocketed my phone. 

I had the urge to look down at Hunter and his girlfriend to just find them doing all the sweet stuff. Like, Hunter kissing her cheek, whispering sweet nothings and Reign resting her head on his shoulder. I'd like to pour a bucket of ants on them so that they get eaten and die, since they're so sweet.

Lots of reminders and 'close to average' dancing passed. We finally got the freedom we deserve after three hours that was wasted. We took our lunch outside and under the oak tree I was speaking about.

We usually shared each other's lunch. I was more on a rice-guy, also because being an Asian from the south-east gives me the privilege of eating rice everyday. I had eggs with rice, bacon from Cielo's lunch, and sausages from Wei's. It was very delicious, especially knowing it was free and at the same time, eating with friends. 

After eating, I really had to pee and so I did, I went to the bathroom and after my business, I went out to wash my hands, the boy's bathroom was surprisingly clean. I didn't even notice the figure behind me, zipping his pants up. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, getting a closer look at a zit on my hairline. I looked like shit-- I got a quick glance at the mirror at who was behind me, to finally realize that Hunter is in the same room as me. My eyes widened, I hurriedly grabbed my bag and left the bathroom, embarrassed that he saw me in that state, good thing he didn't know who I was.

...

After another hour of doing absolutely nothing. I checked my watch as people started to stand up with their bags on their shoulders. It was the end of the school day and so the five of us prepared to go home. 

"Hey, Theo. Need a ride?" Cielo asked me as he ran a hand through his hair.

I smiled as I put everything in my bag. "No need. My mom's gonna pick me up." I said and patting him on the back of his shoulder.

He ruffled my hair then slung an arm over my shoulder. "Be safe, okay?" He reminded me, then he walked away, he waved at me before continuing on his journey. 

Athena and Mika fixed their bags along side me before we were ready to go.

"Bye, Theo. Be safe and don't die." Athena reminded also, I rolled my eyes with a smile before bidding them goodbye, then with that, we parted ways. 

All of them had either cars or can walk to go home, while I waited for my mom. Theodosia had to extend for her practice, on the first day, unbelievable. 

I sat down at the stairs going down to the gate, looking around and noticing the littlest things. The paint peeling of the metal of the gate, the ants walking slowly near my hand, and the the little bugs crawling on the flower on my right. 

I was sweating from the heat of the sun. I rummaged through my bag for my handkerchief but to no avail. I felt my pockets, nothing. Great. I'll suffer through this scorching sun, profusely sweating without water. 

I stood up and was about to round a corner when I bumped into someone. I fell backwards on my ass, along my bag that was currently open most of the stuff out onto the world. I rubbed my aching butt, wincing in pain when a hand definitely bigger than mine came into my vision. I looked up at the owner, and almost died. 

It was Hunter. Freaking. Fierro. 

"I'm so sorry." He apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

I hesitantly took his hand, which he used to boost me up. And my dumb ass just stood there staring at him. He smiled, which almost killed me. He was actually lending some muscles to smile at me.

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, and there lies my penguin printed handkerchief. My eyes couldn't have gotten so wide. I quickly swiped it out of his grasp. 

"Ah, t-thank you." I stuttered before walking away and out of the school, but before I did, I heard a deep chuckle behind me that I guessed was from Hunter.

That was the most embarrassing thing ever.

...

I set my bag aside as I entered our homey room. I launched myself to my bed and laid face down. I screamed loudly, but the sound was muffled by the layer of sheets.

I just freaking talked to Hunter, and he knew my freaking name.

Why did I have to dismiss him like that earlier? I had the chance to befriend him and I didn't take it. Gosh I'm an idiot. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I had to tell the group chat about that horrible interaction of mine and Hunter.

'Guys! Guess the fuck what! Just guess.' I texted furiously. Before they could reply, I'd sent another text. 'EEEEEE, you guessed wrong bitches.' 

I started with my story, getting one sentences reply from my friends once in a while since they didn't want to interrupt.

'The heeeckkk?? did you see how he reacted?' A text from Mika read.

'I think I heard him chuckle, probably because of my stupidity. IM A FUCKING IDIOT. if u guys could slap me right now, I would've thanked you!' I replied back, then stared at the ceiling, unconsciously recalling the events that just happened earlier.

A 'ding' woke me from my day dreaming. 'Nah, I think he found you amusing, and I say you give this a chance! Talk to him again!' Wei texted. I stared at it in disbelief like it was some unforgivable crime. 

I can never do that! I don't want to force myself into someone who doesn't like me.

'I agree, I think this is the start of your love life! Besides you've never been in a relationship. And one from your long time crush? lucky biotch.' Mika replied back.

'Guys, don't jump into conclusions! We only talked! I'm awkward and dumb around him! How the hell would he like that?'

'Because it's cute' Read a simple reply from Cielo. 

I shook my head and sent a 'disappointed emoji', closed my phone and stood up. I grabbed myself food, specifically oreos and milk. I spent the whole afternoon watching videos on Youtube.

The Next Day

I prepared my stuff to go to school. I looked at myself in the mirror, lightly pulling the hem of my favorite white shirt and took a deep breath. "Let's hope I don't run into him."

In the school

I rested my chin on my palm as I tried my best to pay my focus on Mr. Will in the front, teaching. But I just couldn't. Gosh. 

Hunter is gonna ruin my life.

I gave up trying and instead just scribbled some shit on my notebook. Apparently, the teacher noticed my disengagement on the lesson and asked me to stand up and answer his question that no one can't answer.

"Now, tell me Mr. Willshire." I stared at him expectantly, waiting for his seemingly very hard question. "Who was the first person to land on the moon and when is the exact date of the event?" 

They can't answer that?

"Neil Armstrong. He landed on the moon on July 24, 1969. Mission Apollo 11." The room was silent except for the faint ticking of the clock.

He raised a brow. "That's correct." He got back to the front of the class. "1969! This was also the year of-- blah blah blah. 

I tuned out his voice again and got back to scribbling on my notebook. What a stupid lesson, we already discussed it at 7th Grade, no need to dwell at it too much. What's important is that it happened. Before I knew it, I was designing a dress. One thing I also like is designing clothes. I've even daringly made one. It wasn't that good but it could pass. It was a cream colored dress, deep V-cut, and has black linings everywhere. I think it's stored in our storage room, buried beneath unwanted memories.

A figure was walking down the hall and to our classroom door, I couldn't see his face but I can recognize him a hundred percent. Hunter stuck his head from the door, I'll never get tired of his beautiful face. 

My friends looked and smiled at me knowingly. I just stared at them then focused my attention to him. Probably half of the girls in our room was desperately trying to get his attention but he was just looking at Mr. Will.

"Mr. Fierro, do you need anything?" Mr. Will asked Hunter.

"Mrs. Rodriguez requires your presence, she said there was an emergency meeting for all the teachers to attend." He informed with a charming smile.

Mr. Will nodded. "I will inform the other teachers, you should go back to your class now, Mr. Fierro. Thank you for informing me."

Hunter nodded. His eyes traveled around the room and settles on me, some girls were starting to talk and laugh loudly just to get his attention. 

If I could just reach out and slap the fuck out of them. 

But then I mentioned, he's looking at me. He suddenly smiled at me. Is he trying to get me pregnant or what? His head disappeared from the door. If love could kill--

Wait what...?

No I didn't. No I don't, I don't love him... right? 

He's been a crush for... for 3 years. Since 7th grade. Can you believe a crush stays like that for me? Well if you didn't know me that much. I will have a crush on someone and then after a few weeks, I don't anymore. The longest only lasted for three months. So that's why Hunter is special. I've never un-crushed him. Of course I've thought about it but I just couldn't resist his charm. Some boys in the school even openly spread the fact that they like him. The audacity.

Mr. Will had his things tucked under his arm, and left the room with a 'goodbye'. Immediately. I saw Wei and Cielo on my table.

"He was definitely looking at you." Wei pointed out. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I know. Why did he have to do that?" I asked. Partly to myself since they wouldn't know the true answer.

"We already told you, Theo. He finds you amusing." Cielo said as he sat down at the chair beside me.

"I don't know..." I really don't want to hope. Because it may not be what I think. I don't want to be hurt. Tapping my fingers continuously on my desk, I stood up. "Um. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom." 

I left the class like others did. I lied, I really didn't go to the bathroom. Instead at the music room I saw. Surely no one would be there right?

Little did I know.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

Broken ✓ (BoyxBoy) Od olivia<3

Tínedžerská beletria

615K 21.6K 30
"Wait, you're gay?" I asked in confusion, scratching the back of my head. "Well duh. How oblivious are you?" "Well, I guess I'm pretty dumb, but my...
1.2M 52.8K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
15M 459K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...