The Shadow Assassin (Kakashi...

By KMoonWolf

This is my first story so please don't be too hard on me, but if there is any way you think I could improve l... More

The Beginning
The Impossible Challenge
The Promise
The Bell Test
Moving In
The Nightmares
Sasori's Spy
The Night At The Spa House
Mission Impossible
The Legend... Is True?
Misunderstandings
The Dinner Date
Please Promise Me This
The Truth Revealed

The Village Hidden In The Heavens

372 13 0
By KMoonWolf

On our way back to Konoha, I noticed a village that seemed surprisingly familiar, but I couldn't exactly put my finger on it.

"Ummm, Kakashi?"

Usually I was right next Kakashi because I trusted him the most, but this time I was too focused on the familiar looking village and I fell behind because of it.

Kakashi stopped in his tracks when he heard me speaking and looked over at me." Hm?"

I pointed at thr village that I was so obviously staring at. I couldn't take my eyes off it. "What's that?"

He chuckled a little. I guess my sudden interest in our surroundings amused him. "That's the village hidden in the heavens."

That's when it hit me. Of course it seems familiar to me. I've been there before!

Naruto was a little confused by Kakashi's answer though. "The village hidden in the heavens? Why is it called like that? I mean you'd think something called like that would be on top of a very tall mountain or something like that."

Sakura sighed. "No Naruto. It's called like that because of a legend."

Naruto got excited. "A legend? What legend?"

Sakura was a little surprised. "You really don't know about that legend. It's like THE legend. Also why the people in that village are considered crazy and or dangerous."

Naruto was now super excited. "Someone please tell me the legend! I really really want to know!! Please oh please oh please!!"

Naruto came begging to all of us.

Finally Kakashi decided to tell him, and me for that matter. I've never really heard of the legend. I mean I know why it's called like it, but I never knew that there was a legend about it.

" Well... That village supposedly has contact with heaven and or this mysterious royal family. There castle is rumored to be near the village, but no one has ever found it."

Naruto really liked the legend. "Really? That's awesome! Kakashi sensei? Can we please go to that village? I really want to see if the legend is true for myself."

Sakura was about to say something, but I interrupted her. "Sure, that sounds fun! Can we... Kakashi sensei?" I said the last part a little mockingly. Not in a rude way though.

Apparently what I said caught him off guard and he was just staring at me silently.

I smirked and started walking towards the village. " Thanks Kakashi."

"Wh... What?"

I looked over at him for a second and gave him a closed eyed smile. "Well silence does mean agreement after all."

He sighed and started walking towards the village with me and our two teammates.

Finally we arrived at the village hidden in the heavens.

Oh shit! How could I forget! Before anyone in the village saw me, I quickly snatched one of Kakashi's masks out of his bag and put it on.

Kakashi questioned my actions and tried to take the mask back. "What do you think you're doing?"

We fought for the mask for a little while, until I managed to knock him down to the ground, but he pulled me down with him. I was lying right on top of him and my heart started racing again... And... And so did his? What's going on?

Before I could finish my thought Kakashi quickly switched our positions. Now he was on top of me and he was holding my hands down on the floor so I couldn't fight back and or escape. There was a few seconds of silence between the two of us until he finally spoke. "Now will you be so kind and give me my mask back?"

It was a mistake for him to leave my legs free. I managed slip out of his grip and now I was on top of him again. This time I was holding down both his arms and legs. "I'm sorry, but not going to happen. If you're allowed to wear a mask then why can't I?"

He chuckled a little at my smart response. "Fine. You can have it for now, but I do want it back."

With that I smiled, stood up and helped him up as well.

When we walked around the village, I noticed that something was off, but when I asked Kakashi about it he said that the place has been like this for a while now.

So I was the only one who felt like something was off.

The last time I was here(about three years ago) everyone was so happy and they were enjoying themselves, but right now it was the exact opposite.

I separated myself from my teammates and tried to ask around, but everyone was too afraid to talk to me.

There has to be some way for me to get to the bottom of this.

That's right! Mari! She had a secret spot she always went off to. If I'm lucky then I'll find her there, if not then...

I went to my old friend's hiding spot. At first I was hiding behind some bushes to look around. Then suddenly I realized that I wasn't alone anymore. Did those three really follow me here.

Naruto was confused by my strange behavior. "Why the hell did you run away like that?"

Kakashi put his hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you tell us what's going on."

I didn't answer either of them because I saw her. I came out of hiding. "Mary?"

She looked at me, a little confused at first until I pulled down my mask.
"(y/n)? Is... Is that really you?"

I nodded and she started running towards me. We hugged each other. "Oh (y/n) I missed you so much!"

I giggled a little. "I missed you too Mari!"

I then took ahold of her shoulders and my look deepened. "What happened here?"

She instantly became sad. "It's my brother. A few years back he went crazy and killed our parents. He wanted to kill me too, but my dad saved me before he could..."

I hugged her again, this time reassuringly. "I'm so sorry."

My team came out of hiding as well and Naruto yelled. "What's going on here!?"

I smiled and introduced my friend to them. "Guys this is princess Marianne of the village hidden in the heavens."

Naruto was shocked now. "What? A real princess?"

Sakura didn't believe a word I said. "Yeah, sure. Do you really think we believe that? We don't even know anything about you! For what we know you might as well be some kind of spy for the akatsuki or Orochimaru or someone else! Forget it. Right guys?"

Mari tried to protect me. "Who do you think you are talking like that to..."

I quickly cut her off. "It's fine Mari, please."

"What do you mean it's okay?! She... Oh... " and that's when she understood that I didn't want them to know who I really was. "I'm so sorry!"

I smiled at her. "Don't worry about it."

She smiled back.

Kakashi was a little confused about the situation. He knew that Sakura had a point, but he also managed to get to know me a little bit.

He thought for a little while. Then he started slowly walking towards me and Marianne. Kakashi offered Mari his hand as a nice greeting. "It's nice to meet you princess."

Because of his sweet behavior I mouthed a thank you to him and he nodded in response.

I then turned to my friend and bowed down on one knee. I used requip and a sword appeared in my hands. I held it out to Mari. "Princess Marianne, please make me your temporary knight of honor for as long as I help get this village back to what it used to be."

She was shocked just like all of my teammates. "A... Are you serious?"

I nodded.

"Fine. I trust you."

"I (y/n) Senju pledge to protect you with my life for as long as it is necessary."

Marianne took the sword from my hands pointed it to both my shoulders. "I hear by make you my temporary knight of honor. I trust my life in your hands."

Ahe then gave the sword back to me and I made it vanish.

Sakura got even more mad now. "You're betraying us already. Doing this makes you a rogue ninja, which means we need to take you down."

Naruto didn't want that. "What? (y/n) please don't do this. I don't want to fight you."

I stood up. "Naruto I don't want to fight you either, but I can't leave my friend, when she needs me."

Naruto then turned to Kakashi. "Please Kakashi sensei. Let's help her help her friend and then we can go back to Konoha all together."

I was surprised by Naruto. Is he actually a nice guy?

Kakashi finally spoke up. What he said surprised me even more. "Sakura we don't need to be so hasty. She said that it was a temporary thing after all, didn't she? And if we don't tell anyone then it's as good as it didn't happen. And if we help them, then we'll be able to go home quicker. Ao how about it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...
141K 6.4K 41
❀The 3rd great ninja war has been raging on for 2 years now. Effort in the Leaf village is at a maximum but dwindling severely, meaning younger shino...
217K 4.4K 34
KAKASHI LOVE STORY SEASON 1~ (Kakashi X Reader) You're the jinchuuriki of the village konoha and you don't know it yet. People from the village lo...
8.6K 203 13
This is a story about one girls struggle to find her place in the world. After witnessing her family's slaughter and awakening a unknown power inside...