A World of Differences [1DFF]

Od _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 4

78 1 0
Od _soontobebritish

Charlotte's POV

After gathering my suitcases, I was ready to head to the curb to find a cab. I did a quick scan of the crowd around the baggage claim to see if I could spot Liam or one of the other boys. They were nowhere in sight, so I headed for the doors. Once in a taxi, I gave the driver the address of the hotel I would be staying at until I checked into classes and could move into my dorm.

The drive to the hotel was fascinating. Despite the rain and the clouds, London was absolutely breathtaking. The history that came with so many of the buildings shocked me. It wasn't something you saw in Nebraska, let alone the United States for that matter.

By the time I reached my hotel and got check-in I was completely exhausted. I had no idea what time it was, but I flopped my suitcase down on the sofa that was in my room. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and grabbed my favorite sweatshirt. I tore off my jeans and put on my more comfortable outfit.

Before sliding into bed, I grabbed my phone and texted back my parents and a few friends. The last thing I did before drifting off into the peaceful state of dreamland was to add a new contact to my phone. Liam Payne. I typed and added his number below. Smiling as I hit "save," I plugged my phone into charge and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning refreshed. The sun was peeking through the curtains in the hotel room. The rain had stopped and the birds were singing. I pushed the covers away from me and stretched as I stood up. Opening the curtains to let the sunlight flood the room, I made my way to my suitcase. Pulling out black Nike shorts and a Creighton University sweatshirt, I headed to the bathroom. After a steaming hot shower, I got dressed, fixed my hair, and did my makeup. Despite the fact that my outfit was not fancy, my hair laid the way I wanted it too, and my makeup was flawless. I was ready for my first full day in London.

I grabbed my phone and my purse. I glanced at my phone noticing I had plenty of people to text or call back. I texted my mom and my little sister who had texted but decided the rest could way. But, the sudden thought of texting people reminded me that I had one phone number left to text. Liam. I decided not to text him yet. It wasn't that I was playing hard to get, but rather I was giving him space. I didn't want to seem too needy or too clingy.

Before I left for breakfast, I dug up my laptop. I slipped it into my Vera Bradley bag. I would have to find a breakfast café with wifi because I had a boy band to look up. I made my way down to the lobby and was, at least I thought I was, prepare for the day.

I was in London all of twelve hours before I had my first real big shock. I was riding in a cab on the way to breakfast and BBC Radio 1 was playing. I heard the show's host say, "And now your most requested song: here is One Direction with What Makes You Beautiful."

Instantly I realized what was happening. Liam said they had their fans which implied that they were just a small band, but a small band would not have the most requested song on a radio that you could listen to practically anywhere in the world.

I whipped out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found the number I had just entered hours earlier.

Liam Payne.

I clicked for a new text and scrawled my anger out in words.

Hey Liam, it's Charlotte, from the plane. Funny story. Your band currently has the most requested song on BBC Radio 1. You have your fans huh?

I hit sent without thinking twice. Maybe I would regret it when, well if, he responded but for now I was just ticked. Maybe I didn't have the right to be because I had never questioned him, but still.

"You look upset, miss, is something wrong?" the cab driver looked at me through the mirror.

"It's a long story," I fumbled with my hands in my lap.

"Well, we are stuck in traffic and I've been told I'm a great person to rant to, so if you need an ear..."

"Ok, well you know the band singing this song?" I asked him.

"Course I do. You don't live here and not know who they are."

"Yeah well I'm American so up until 14 hours ago, I had no idea who they were," I spat.

"Looks like you learned pretty quickly, though."

"That's the thing. I sat next to all five of them on the plane. Well ok, only technically Liam, but I talked with the rest of them. They told me they were a band who had their fans. It was as though they were implying that they were just a smaller band. Liam gave me his number and well, now I hear they have the most requested song and I am rather upset." Putting my feelings out in the open, they sounded rather ridiculous.

"I see," the cab driver shook his head. "Did you talk to Mr. Payne during the flight?"

I chuckled. The cab driver who had to be almost sixty knew Liam's last name. If he texted me back he was so dead. "Yeah, throughout the entire flight."

"And did he ever, erm, like, well you know, seem interested in you..." the cab driver questioned.

My heart skipped a beat. Could Liam have not wanted me to treat him like a famous person because he thought I was cute and wanted to be friends... as in hoping to eventually be more than friends. My thoughts raced to each moment during the flight. He had, in a way, asked me if I was single or not. He inquired about my last relationship. He had laughed with me and complimented me various times. He had comforted me and given me advice. He had given me a hug and stroked my shoulders in comfort.

"He was a teenage boy, wasn't he? He gave signals that could be taken either way. They either meant something or he was just being kind," the cab driver must have read the expression on my face.

I nodded as he continued, "Let me tell you this, well actually let me first say that I have a granddaughter who is sixteen. I talk to her every other night on the phone and well I constantly get the low down about those One Direction boys. Plus I mean they are everywhere.... Just don't think I am some creepy old guy who is obsessed with them." I smiled at him showing him I understood and urged him to continue.

"Anyway, Liam just broke up with his girlfriend a few weeks ago. He had been dating Danielle Peazer. She is a rather famous dancer who is substantially older than him. Not many people believe it would last as long as it did. They just broke up a little over a month ago. Liam was shot. I mean not literally, but well you know. Then, only four days later pictures were released of her with some famous drummer dude who drums for some American pop star or something. I have no idea. A week after those came out new pictures flooded the internet of her and the same dude making out in some club. I'm sure Liam says he just shrugged it off. That's what he said in interviews apparently. But let me tell you, as a man, nothing stings more than seeing that. You can't help but think that she wasn't really into you anyway. So, when this boy texts you back, assuming he was the one you just texted a minute ago, don't be too harsh on him. And don't tell him I told you this. Don't hold it against him. It's not fair to him."

I assured him that I wouldn't, but I was stunned by the information he had given me. Liam hadn't let on to any of that. There was no way that he could not be in pain. I would be heartbroken if pictures of Chance doing those things came out two weeks after we broke up. I probably crawl into a hole and will myself to never get out.

Soon, we arrived at a café that he had recommended. I graciously thank him for the ride and his help. The tip I gave him was larger than normal. He smiled politely and wished me luck. Entering the café, I made my way towards the line. I ordered a smoothie and eggs and a sausage platter. I found a table while I waited for my food to be prepared. While I was waiting I pulled out my laptop and pulled up Google.

I typed in One Direction. It came up with over 21,700,000 hits. I shook my head. I pulled up a Tumblr site that was completely dedicated to the boy. Sifting through the pictures I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My number was called and I went to gather my breakfast. Once I returned to my table, I munched on the food and continued to look through the Tumblr posts. They weren't just famous in London or England. They were famous all over the place –in certain places more than others. They had a strong fan base in Ireland –which I assumed was due to Niall. They even had a good amount of fans in American.

Just as I was pulling up a different fan page my phone rang. The screen lit up with the words Liam Payne. I took a deep breath before checking his response.

I'm sorry Char. I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to come off as conceded and stuck up. If you are still willing to talk to me, let me make this up. Meet me at our hotel in 45 minutes. I'll show you around London and I'll tell you everything.

I could hear him saying the words in my head. I heart pounded. I had no idea what to do, but there was one thing I was worried about. Paps? I responded. I didn't mean to sound annoyed or anything but I still didn't really know Liam and I wasn't really prepared to be on the cover of UK tabloid magazines.

Urg. Um how about you just come to the hotel then? I'll make the other boys leave so we can talk. I really don't want you hating me.... And I really did mean what I said on the plane. I want to be friends... His reply was almost immediate.

I sucked in a sharp breath and let out a sigh. So much different than what I thought I was getting into.

I texted him telling him I would meet him at his hotel in thirty minutes. He sent we instructions on how to get to where they were staying and told me to just go to the front desk and give them my name.

The hotel was only a ten-minute walk from the café I was at, so after packing up my laptop and using the restroom, I headed towards the hotel. I had no idea what to expect.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.1K 18 13
Meet Harry Styles. A 17 year old who doesn't talk to anyone. All he does is sit at home and study; nothing more. Unlike the rest of the people in Har...
187K 3.3K 30
[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She had a hard time growing up with her dad...
40K 1.2K 43
This is my story... I'm Kira and I'm 17 years old. I am just a girl from the US who moved to England in search for adventure, little did I know I wou...
31.1K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...