Hellevator || H.J

By astr0kidz

Wherein a teenager gets tired from his reality and tries to escape it by entering an underground elevator... More

Prologue
1 ; Facility and What?
2 ; The Beginning of Perfection
3 ; Perfection Doesn't Even Begin With Confusion
4 ; Curiosity Killed the Cat, but not This One.
5 ; Safer Than Home
7 ; "Why I'm Never Leaving"

6 ; Logic and the Stars are Two Different Things

16 4 9
By astr0kidz

The moonlight above gave the purple flowers below his feet a soft violet glow, and lit up with little fireflies that danced around each peddle, scattering at each stomp the two boys, Jeongin and Hyunjin, planted onto the ground. The small flashes lights in the sky were stars like no other. There was no excess light coming from any sort of direction besides from the city in the sky but even then, that light didn't block out any of the millions of stars he's seen straight ahead. No view in the world could compare to this. 

Each star he had seen hadn't twinkled rather then flashed. Like a disco ball, or something in that category. It was so marvelous and breath taking to see such a scene. 

Jisung tilted his head down, watching the two prance around in the field ahead, grabbing out to what it seemed like nothing every once in a while. Every once in a while they would actually catch one of those little flashing bugs in the palms of their hands, loudly giggling and shouting at each other from a distance. 

"Are they always this playful," Jisung asked with his eyes still laid on the two who were still running around like children while sitting down with the rest. 

"Only at night," he heard one of the quiet ones, Woojin, speak. He blinked, facing towards the unfamiliar and quiet voice. "At times, insomnia can be a good thing," he smiled softly, watching the two happily chase around the flashing bugs. 

"No," he turned to Hyunjin who then shouted out in the distance. "INSOMNIA SUCKS ASS," he cupped his hands over his lips, shouting back at Woojin. The distance between the two wasn't that far, only a couple of meters away, maybe 10-15. His voice was loud, and it made Woojin cock his head back in surprise. 

"We know," Changbin shouted back at him loudly, while cupping his hands over his lips just like him, sarcastically yelling. 

"Wow, you guys are so energetic," Jisung smiled. 

"Sure we are, who needs sleep when you can just do this," Seungmin had replied, facing the direction of the city that lit up the sky. 

"I'm normally energetic at night at well," Jisung giggled under his breath. Realizing the position he was in, he ignored his own words and reminded himself, well they don't care. When will anyone, actually.

"Ahh, you have insomnia too?"

Jisung blinked at Chris's response. He was kind of didn't expect that response, it threw him off and it was a while before Jisung could form a sentence to properly answer. 

"Y-yeah," he stammered over his own words. 

"Ah, we all do as well," he gave him a comforting smile. "What a strange coincidence again, right?"

It wasn't so much of strange rather then comfort.  Sure, the other trainees at his company probably had themselves awake but not as long as Jisung would get. It could have taken him two days just to get 30 minutes of sleep. But putting on a fake act, Jisung got through the day quite well. He would always manage to smile, put in the same amount of effort, and train just as if he had gotten a day full of sleep. But behind closed doors it was different. 

"How did this start for you," Jisung asked with a concerning look. "With all of you."

"Work," Changbin commented. 

"School, I used to study late at night," Seungmin then added. 

"Paranoia," Woojin sighed, looking towards the ground. 

"Studying as well," Felix spoke slowly in his second language. 

"What about Hyunjin and Jeongin?"

"Hyunjin won't tell us," Chris added. "But apparently Jeongin was abused when he was  littler, it probably caused a lot of anxiety for him when he was younger."

Poor thing... Although he hadn't knew much about the younger one that sprinted across the fields with Hyunjin, he felt incredibly obligated to protect him. The innocence that was portrait in his eyes and the "baby fat" still present in his cheeks, and with a pure smile and giggle could make an easy target for anyone to manipulate. 

"For me, it's honestly everything," Chris giggled uncomfortably. "It started when I was 11, which is such an awful age to get Insomnia..."

"Everything?" Jisung gathered his full interest. "Like what?"

"The fact that I didn't know Korean, the endless nights where I would practice, the stress of seeing my friends debut before me, the anxiety I would get at the times I was told to do something I wouldn't want to, the paranoia of waking up and being sent home," he huffed then looked up embarrassed. "I'm talking way too much, I am so sorry," he giggled.

From behind him, he heard the sound of clapping hands. "Channie is opening up!" Woojin exclaimed, happily clapping his hands. 

"The only time he is ever this open is when he is with me," Changbin confidently chuckled, caressing Chris's back with his thumb. 

"HYUNJIN TOOK MY FIREFLY AWAY FROM ME," Jeongin ran up to Woojin, catching his breath and then sprawling across his lap like a child. "Tell him to stop," he whined like a child. He was obviously joking, mature enough to know how to handle these kind of situations, but his cute presence and whiny tone made him look like a child. 

Jisung felt as if he didn't have control over  his body because just then he stood up with confidence and a poised movement. "I will help get you the fireflies!" It took him three seconds to realize what he just did. 

I just spoke confidently, what the hell.

I didn't know I could do that.

That's the loudest I have ever been. 

Wait, are they going to judge me for wanting to play around?

I mean they aren't judging Hyunjin, and he's the tallest here.

I don't even know him very well. 

Are people watching me right now or-

"Great," he shouted excitedly, balling his fists and bringing them up to his chest like a child. He grabbed onto Jisung's clothed arm, pulling him towards his direction and out into the field with the flowers and their purple glows against the moonlight. 

"Get like two fireflies for me please!" He heard a voice shout from behind him. He couldn't tell who the voice belonged to, but just hearing it made him smile and snicker under his breath. 

"Gah, you're cheating!" He yelled. Goodness these children are strange. "ONE FIREFLY," he argued.

"Why is it so important to get fireflies?"

"They are our lord and savior," Hyunjin shouted jumping into the air. Ironically, he laughed.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Chans POV

He smiled upon himself, watching his friends jump around in the purple glow underneath the disco of stars above. His gaze didn't leave them, humming to himself a soft sweet song and tone. 

Felix sat down next to him, leaning his hands back and facing the direction of the sky. "What time is it?" He asked him in English.

Chan, knowing the star patterns above, he could easily the tell the time of day. He frowned to himself, "12:30," but he couldn't compare how disappointed he was to the amount of joy he was feeling. He felt safe, it was like watching his own children who smiled and laughed while pointing and swatting at the bugs that lit up in the dead of night. 

He heard Felix's chuckle to his side. "So late," he mumbled. 

Running his hands down in the soft flowers and grass below him, the tangled his hands in the mossy feeling below, exhaling into the cold night softly and thinking to himself.

"Why isn't he scared?"

"What," Felix responded curiously to Chris's comment.

"The boy," he said scanning his memory, finally understanding the name of the younger. "Jisung."

The other shrugged, kind of brushing off his serious question, continuing to memorize the patterns in the sky. 

"I'm being serious, Felix," he stated. "He's acting too casual. Like as if waking up in a place like this is normal," Chris said with complete concern in his voice. "Stuff like that should... freak a person out!"

Felix blinked and flinched at the tone of Chan's voice. He didn't sound annoyed, just concerned and strict. His gaze tilted up, searching his vast memory for an answer. Before Felix could speak, Chris had already spoken. "I'm just worried for him, I guess," he sighed, exhaling a puff of crystallized white from the cold night. 

'Why would you be worried if the boy seems fine?" 

"Logic doesn't work like that," he said sternly. "I hope he's alright..."

Felix then snickered at his comment. "Logic doesn't exist where we are Channie," he responded almost jokingly. "What matters is that Jisung is safe, and he isn't dead like we thought."

Even though Felix was obviously being sarcastic, Chan brushed off his cold answers. He couldn't get mad at the other for being less serious then himself. After all, this was a time where all of them would gather together and stargaze endlessly. 

Shifting his position to the three that helplessly played in the field, he turned his position to Jisung.

His outfit was quite casual, nothing more then a long black hoodie and black jeans, with black converse, and a hood that fall from his back. His hair was a black and brown shaggy color, that fell perfectly in front of his eyes and behind his ears, bouncing playfully each time he stomped onto the flowered ground. His long sleeves over-lapped his hand, showing only the littlest bit of the skin on his fingers. Each time he would jump up, his "long-sleeve" would ride down to his elbow, showing off his bare skin. 

Chris released something on his arm. There were red marks. Cuts. Scratches. Along his milky white skin on his wrists. Just like the ones on Changbin's wrists, perfectly aligning the veins in his body with his skin. 

He looked down at his own wrists, pulling down his long sleeves, revealing similar marks as well. 

He then finally understood why the boy wasn't scared. He must have felt safe waking up in a place where there isn't anyone, not a single soul besides ones that he relates to. 

He knows this because it's the exact same way Changbin felt. "I always dreamt of waking up in a place where the only people there are the ones that I are like my family and I can be my stupid-self around. And what a coincidence that I woke up in a place with you." 

"Chris," Felix snapped him out of his thoughts. "Are you alright?"

Going back to his thoughts, he reminded himself that he was never always okay. But... at this moment: yes. He was perfectly fine. Discarding the logic behind the young one, he was in shape. Mentally and physically. 

He smiled and nodded his head, "I'm great."

For the first time, Felix actually believed him. 

An hour or two passed, Hyunjin laid his head on Changbins lap as both seemed passed out, Jeongin curled up in Chris's lap, and Woojin and Felix sharing each others warmth, while Seungmin laid back to back with Woojin and Felix. They all seemed passed out except for two. Jisung was staring up at the sky unbelievably admiring that scene above, his eyes reflecting the stars above in complete awe.

Chris smiled to himself, seeing how starstruck the younger was by the soft cold breeze and the millions of flickering lights above him. Not just anyone looks at the stars like that. Not even the cold night seemed to brush him off. 

Chan wasn't up and awake because he couldn't sleep, but rather because he was doing the complete same. Admiring the beauty of his surroundings. 

And with that note, instead of sleeping soundly, they both watched the night sky in complete awe, as if there were no worries whatsoever. Softly breathing out into the cold night, they drifted off to sleep eventually. 

Jisung who slept soundly. 

Chris who slept peacefully. 

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

THEME SONG: Beautiful People -Ed Sheeran ft. Khalid

AUTHORS NOTE: YO W A S S U P HOMESICLES *accidentally daBS* its ya girl B). It's time to yeet myself to the second chapter as I sit in class, writing and listening to Matryoshka (despite the fact we aren't allowed to be on laptops or listen to music yet here I am). Bai yall ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 1.7K 55
Han Jisung doesn't have the best home life. His parents act like they don't love him, as if he were a mistake. They never celebrate with him, his goo...
47.6K 1.9K 43
!UNDER CONSTRUCTION! (but still readable) Imagine a world in which computer programms not only chose your job and your place to live, they also chos...
490K 56.5K 72
You know that moment when you go to the psychiatrist and realise he's more crazy than you are? Meet me. I am Y/n. Your local ADHD patient suffering f...
25.5K 1.2K 31
๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™๐™ค๐™—๐™ž๐™– : ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ. "๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š ๐š˜ ๐š๐šข๐š™๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š•๐šŽ. ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ...