Guilty Parties [ NoRenMin ]...

נכתב על ידי pentagone_0ff

Everyone is distanced from one another. Families separated, friendships broken. This is the future society. ... עוד

- One -
- Two -
- Three -
- Four -
- Five -
- Six -
- Seven -
- Eight -
- Nine -
- Ten -
- Eleven -
- Twelve -
- Thirteen -
- Fourteen -
- Fifteen -
- Sixteen -
- Seventeen -
- Eighteen -
- Nineteen -
- Twenty -
- Twenty One -
- Twenty Two -
- Twenty Three -
- Twenty Four -
- Twenty Five -
- Twenty Six -
- Twenty Seven -
- Twenty Eight -
- Twenty Nine -
- Thirty -
- Thirty One -
- Thirty Two -
- Thirty Three -
- Thirty Four -
- Thirty Five -
- Thirty Six -
- Thirty Seven -
- Thirty Eight -
- Thirty Nine -
- Forty -
- Forty One -
- Forty Two -
- Forty Three -
- Forty Four -
- Forty Five -
- Forty Six -
- Forty Seven -
- Forty Eight -
- Forty Nine -
- Fifty -
- Fifty One -
- Fifty Two -
- Fifty Three -
- Fifty Four -
- Fifty Five -
- Fifty Six -
- Fifty Seven -
- Fifty Eight -
- Fifty Nine -
- Sixty -
- Sixty One -
- Sixty Two -
- Sixty Three -
- Sixty Four -
- Sixty Five -
- Sixty Seven -
- Sixty Eight -
- Sixty Nine -
q & a
q & a answers

- Sixty Six -

1.4K 79 19
נכתב על ידי pentagone_0ff

"Why are my hands black?"

. . .

No one was able to answer his question. Not even Taeyong.

They simply continued their way back to their home, not a single soul trying any type of confrontation.

Sometimes Abigail would let out a wince, but no one paid attention to that either.

They just continued to trudge across the grass, traveling on the soft grass, the texture of it being pressed down with each step the boys made.

Their faces were stone cold, but Taeyong could still hear their worries of their predicament.

He knew how much they hated feeling so weak, their thoughts when they were held down shouted into his, their sorrow for not being able to help Renjun at the moment.

Taeyong knew that they something had broken inside of each of them. Something big, but they were to explore their problems after they dealt with the main one back at Neo City.

The sun still shone. As if the situation called for it, needing to guide them somewhere where there would be no more problems, and lead to a better future.

One that included them all, healthy and safe.

The familiar metal structure of their home was soon in sight, the metal having a glare of light displayed somewhere in the trees.

The midafternoon heat was relentless, but Taeyong still held onto Abigail's shoulder's to aid her walking, trying to get the upcoming hardship over with.

They made it to the 'front' of the building, before Jaehyun covered Abigail's eyes and quickly opened where it stood, bringing them all inside and quickly hiding their door before leading the woman into their dining room, the large table able to be used as a conference table.

They all sat down, including Abigail, who was ever so cleverly placed in between Taeyong and Renjun.

"Hendery," was all that Taeyong had said, making the boy walk over. Abigail flinched as the boy stood behind her.

"We aren't heathens," Taeyong said, still not looking at the woman.

"He's going to heal you," Renjun answered, his tone flat.

Abigail didn't stop being tense as Hendery placed his hands onto her shoulders and quickly healing her injuries. Renjun didn't even try to tell her to relax or else it will settle into her muscles, knowing that she wouldn't stop her rigid posture.

She exhaled deeply as he released her, before slightly stretching out her limbs, trying to get rid of the tension now lingering in her body.

"Now," Taeyong started, finally looking at the older woman, "we've got a proposition."

Abigail stifled a laugh, wanting to do so because she found her predicament something she couldn't even of thought of in the past. But she still refrained knowing it would only make them even more angry.

Renjun caught her hiccup in character, but didn't try to address it either.

"We've to sign a covenant," Taeyong said, folding his hands as the woman returned his eye contact.

"What is this covenant about?" she simply asked, knowing that she could have it a lot worse.

"An agreement between the Inside and the Outside," Renjun answered, still looking forward.

"We've already drawn one up, all you need to do is sign," Taeyong brought out the papers, setting them in front of her.

Renjun looked at the papers in her hand, thinking about its content.

About two weeks ago was when he was asked to draw it up, and he thought it was pretty fair for both the Inside and the Outside. This whole situation could've been worse, but instead they decided they weren't going to stoop to Abigail's level and just kill without thought.

They were going to be civil, and if Abigail didn't agree, then Hendery was going to take back his work of healing the woman and sending her back into the Inside.

It was what she deserved, but again, they aren't so cutthroat.

Only when the situation called for it, which it hadn't.

Yet.

The accord was made up with simple rules.

Ones that Abigail should find it easy to follow.

It simply stated to release all trapped Defects under control, and let them easily go into the Outside to live, and give them all the necessities to live off of. If they chose to stay on the Inside, she would have to do the same. She wasn't allowed to let any die under her supervision, and if they did, that would lead to another rule.

If she were to let a Defect to die, she would have to resign as the supervisor of the Inside, and let Taeyong appoint another individual as the new supervisor.

It was said for Taeyong to decide because he was the most familiar with the people connected to the Inside and so he would know who was the best for the Inside people, other than Renjun.

But Taeyong was trusted with that responsibility because Renjun only had the bad information of those who worked in the Labs in the Inside.

She was also to work under Taeyong, and have any and all progress towards any charter proposed to go into the shambles of a government they still have to go through thorough inspection and speculation by Taeyong and others appointed from Neo City.

She was also to rid of all Defect Labs, and only leave the Medical Labs. And instead of cutting jobs, to build more Medical Labs to further research and treatment for all Inside inhabitants.

She was no longer allowed to breach the barrier between the Inside and the Outside, merely claiming the Outside private property, and if there were to be a breach, she would be forced to resign.

That was the accord that Renjun was able to type up, but it also allowed room for more restrictions to be added in the future whenever they seemed fit.

But Taeyong had assembled a group of Neo City residents specifically picked for a less bias and wouldn't abuse the system being created between the Inside and the Outside.

Abigail said nothing, thoroughly reading through the files in her hands, reading every description, no emotion being able to be seen on her face.

Slowly, she placed the papers back onto the wooden table, bringing her hands to her face and rubbing her brow.

"What do you say?" Taeyong asked, looking expectantly at her.

The room was just as silent as the walk before, no one wanting to disturb the atmosphere building between Taeyong, Abigail, and Renjun.

"Do I really have a say on any of this?" she asked, looking back at Taeyong.

"No, you really don't," Renjun answered for her, before finally gaining eye contact with the woman as she turned to look at him. Swiftly, he brought a pen out his coat pocket, before tipping it in his hand in her direction, an eyebrow raised, defiant, towards the woman.

Abigail never thought she'd see the boy ever like this.

He had been a sweet boy, quiet, sure, but she didn't know where he had learned this image of hatred he now displayed towards her.

He had always been the same obedient boy for the many years she knew him, the perfect robot that had followed her every whim.

That boy was long gone, the black tint still staining his hands and still holding the pen towards her.

Sighing slowly, she hesitantly took the pen, the metal of it cool in her hands as she clicked the end.

So, this was how she'd be taken down.

She was now the one trapped in a tangled web with nowhere to go.

Her breathing stayed shaky as she let her signature glide across the line she needed, saying that she agreed with the conditions.

Taeyong answered her thoughts.

"Karma."

. . . 

A/N:

i've updated each of my stories in the past four days...

so is this what it feels like to feel accomplished?

prolly not but it sure it close 

XD

anyway,

i hope you enjoyed this chapter,

always thank you for reading,

and until next time!

started : 2019.8.31
finished : 2019.9.1

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

77.1K 3.2K 52
Mark, Jeno, and Jisung dislike the opposing group of boys. Jaemin, Hyuck, and Chenle feel the same way, except Renjun. Renjun is the reason that they...
27.7K 2K 30
what if in this universe, it was normal for tall and bulky people like jeno to be bottoms, and for small and cute guys like renjun to be tops? then...
78.7K 3.4K 14
『 Have you been cheated on? 』 『 Do you feel down from all this unrequited love? 』 『 Have you been dealing with a hard break up? 』 Come join our cl...
15.8K 635 45
Jeno isn't really a loner per say, he just doesn't have time for other people. He lives a peaceful life with his babies and that's all he needs. He...