The King and His Men.

Da Zipster666

Rose is just a girl who was chosen along with many for the King's pleasure. There is a chance she will be cho... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

2K 40 10
Da Zipster666

Chapter 10:

The guards weren’t as clever as they thought. I could see they saw suspiciously of me as I waited outside the door, twiddling my thumbs and trying to think happy thoughts to stop myself from barging in and dragging Amy out. I hated the idea of Amy being in there alone. She was just a girl and he was an extremely powerful man—a hurt man—someone who could do whatever he wanted and get away with it.

I just hope they’re only discussing the weather.

Amy’s high pitched scream rung out and my hands immediately clutched the handles. A guard pulled them away, obviously following stupid protocol, but that wasn’t enough to stop me. With all the anger burning inside of me I punched the guard sending his head back and smacking into the wall. Another guard went for me but I shoved open the doors and ran inside.

Amy lay on the ground, a large, discoloured welt appearing on her pale cheek. Tears streamed down her face in the millions, dripping down her neck and onto the carpet which she sat. The King stood above her, his face red with fury and his fists clenched. He was harming her, I knew he was going to hurt her, I knew it!

I ran to the girl without a second thought, pulling her sobbing and shaking figure into my arms. I stared up at him, a hateful glare directed straight at him. “How dare you?”

“Stand aside, Claire,” he warned, restraint clear in his voice.

He didn’t want to hurt me.

“No. I will not let you hurt this poor girl,” I cried out. “She’s just a child.”

“She disobeyed me, she needs to be punished.”  He held up his hand high as to hit her but I held mine up in her defence.

“Stop, Delron!” he hesitated for a second. “Please, for me, let her go.”

“What?” he hissed.

“Please, Delron. She didn’t mean whatever she did, Amy’s just afraid, just defending herself.” I pulled us both up to our feet and pushed Amy behind me. “Please.” My chest constricted as I thought desperately. “It is an abomination for a king to do evil, for the throne is made secure by righteousness.”

“What I did was right! Just because you’re quoting the bible doesn’t mean your meaning is thorough. Doesn’t it also say ‘the King’s anger is a herald of death, and one who is wise will appease it’.”

“I’m not wise,” I protested. “Amy go!”

She hesitated but she eventually ran out the door and the guard closed it behind her giving us total privacy.

“You’re stupid, Claire!” he bellowed, “STUPID!”

“Well then maybe I am,” I retorted standing my ground. “But it definitely wasn’t a mistake to reject you.” My eyes widened at my words. I regretted speaking them as soon as they left my mouth, and it was obvious now that is was a massive mistake.

The King grabbed my arms viciously, squeezing so tightly it would leave bruises, and hurled me into the wall. My back stung and I saw black for a few seconds after. The King pressed his body up against mine to trap me and I felt my doom closing in.

“Accepting my love would have been a lot simpler for you, Claire. We could have made love,” he breathed onto my lips grinding his pelvis into mine making me whimper, “I’m a very passionate man, Claire, I would have cherished you forever. But now…” his grip tightened on my arms and I winced trying not to make so much noise. “Now, I’ll have to take it by force.” The King kissed me and sparks flew between my lips. My eyes widened as I tried to make sense of what was happening. He held me there while his lips took control. I tried to fight back but there wasn’t much use—he was way too strong for me.

Eventually he pulled away and placed his hands on my hips. I gasped and shoved him with all my strength which unfortunately resulted in us falling to the ground. I cried out as I landed hard on him. He switched us over so I was underneath him, most of his weight was pressed down on my body. I tried to shuffle out but his eyes stopped me.

They were hard and full of hurt. I didn’t think my rejection had affected him so greatly. Did he really care about me that much?

My chest tightened in fear as one of his hands pulled up the hem of my skirt to above my hip. I gasped and clenched my eyes shut. Please no, god no.

His warm hand caressed the bottom of my thigh and went up. It felt strangely nice and I hated feeling this way—knowing that he could make me feel this way. When he got above the stockings I began to struggle harder.

“No,” I whispered tensing my body.

I sobbed when he reached my inner thigh. How could he do this? Why would he do this? Did he care about me? Then he began to rub and I screamed. My hand escaped and I slapped him hard on the face. He let go of me and looked down into my wet eyes. My body shook beneath him, fright flooding through my veins.

The King’s eyes widened like he just realised what he was doing. There was enough space between us so I shuffled out and got to my wobbly legs. How could he do this to me? I only wanted to save her.

Many times I had seen the King angry—sometimes violent towards me, even so with sicker purposes but never had I seen him like this. His eyes flickered something unnerving—tormenting—as though he wished to make me feel hurt and worthless.

Used.

That’s why I ran. I didn’t want him to harm or violate me and I believe that even now I’m in more danger than if I had stayed. The guards let me run. They looked hesitant and unsure but they still let me go. I didn’t know these halls well enough to find my easiest way out but I eventually got there, somehow. The air was warm as it met my skin but it did not help my shaking as it was created because of fear.

The wind, as I ran, dried my tears quickly on my cheeks. I continued through the high, flowered arcs, past the flowing fountain and colourful rose bushes at which I had felt serenity and crossed the path. The guards at the fate blocked my path as I tried to get closer to the gate.

If only I could get past.

The town blossomed below the stairs and hill. My heart longed for its place there. I wanted nothing more than to be there as I always was. I wanted to make bread with my mother and decorate huge archways in the church for a local wedding. I was sick to my stomach with envy.

I pushed away from them giving them hateful glares and turned my back on my past. I just wished it wouldn’t be the last time I lay my eyes on it. I climbed the hill to which the King and I had shared a meal, and where I had seen a side of him I never expected. And as I see now it is fake.

I turned the corner and slipped on the dew covered grass landing hard on my side. I cried out in pain and just lay there, feeling sorry for myself. I could have died right there and no one would know or care. I was just a plaything for the King. When I thought he actually cared for me—when I actually thought he loved me… it all turned upside down.

He was using me, wanting me for only entertainment.

I heard approaching footsteps so I crawled under the closest bush and stopped my blubbering. King Delron, someone I had seen from the beginning as a pompous, whoring, terrifying person. I made the mistake of trusting him when he showed the nicer side, and now I know it was fake, he was just trying to get me into his bed. I will never love him; never trust him!

“Claire! Please, come back! I’m so sorry!”

I saw his feet and legs from under the bush and shivered. Anger coursed through my veins and I wanted to jump up and scream my lungs out but I couldn’t, in fear that he would do something worse than try to kiss me. So I covered my mouth smothering desperate sobs and prayed for him to go away.

“I’m sorry, Claire. I will never do it again! I don’t know what came over me, it was a mistake.”

I wish I could believe what he was saying, I really do but I can’t take that chance.

His feet disappeared and his voice faded away across the wind. I burst into tears and curled into a ball. I hated feeling claustrophobic, hated knowing there was no use in trying, no use in fighting…

I try so hard all the time to survive, the live my life to the fullest with what I have, and I didn’t have much. Now I can wear a different dress every day, each exotic foods from different countries, listen to beautiful music I never believed existed. Why would I give that up if I had a chance at a wonderful, gifted life?

Why would i?

I didn’t belong here; I was here because I was forced.

Now I was crying like a little girl, desperate and naïve.

I crawled out on my hands and knees and pressed my back up against the castle wall. It was rough against my back but my body was numb and cold. I felt dirty, I was dirty. My chest felt red and raw, a gaping hole lay where my organs used to be and someone had rubbed in salt. How could I feel this hurt by someone I don’t care about?

Why did I feel so hurt before he touched me?

Why did I fell this way about him?

“What is happening to me?” I muttered to myself whipping my hair from my face. I found myself walking through the small maze and towards the fountain. The fountain was the only place that I felt at peace and right now I really need peace.

I dipped my bandaged hand into the pool feeling it instantly relax and relieved. My mind instantly went to the thought of falling in and drowning myself. I burst into tears again and shook. I hated feeling weak, I hated feeling distraught, I hated feeling manipulated.

I gripped onto the marble of the fountain, the water running over my fingers and down my arm soaking the dress at my armpits. I felt my body heaving, my stomach churning. I was going to be sick.

I was hurt more than I thought was possible. The King didn’t even get that close to me and I felt like my world was falling apart.

Did I…? No! Don’t even think that.

I loved him, for a split second I did…

Now there is no chance of a life with him. Not after this, not after everything.

“What do you think you’re doing out here?” I was pulled up and spun around to face a worried Jayson. “Do you know how fear stricken the King is? He is looking everywhere for you and you’re going for a swim. What the hell are you thinking?”

“He can’t touch me!” I screamed. “I don’t have to be anywhere near him! I hate him!”

“Don’t say that,” he warned. “That’s treason.” Jayson shook me roughly and I felt like I would fall apart. “Are you listening? Treason!”

“Stop yelling at me.” I pulled out of his grasp. “I’m not a child.”

“No, but he will beat you like one if you don’t return to him,” he scolded gripping my arm and pulling me away from the maze. “I don’t want you to get hurt, Claire.”

“I’m already hurt!” I screamed feeling my chest constrict. “I…”

“I’m sorry, I really am.”

“No, you’re not sorry. You pity me. Pity is worse.”

“At least you’re still alive!” He stopped as if he has said too much, and I think he had. It was like a blow to my stomach. I knew something was going on, something he wasn’t telling me. I knew that there a secret, a secret that could kill us all.

“What’s going on?” I gasped. “What do you mean?”

Jayson cursed and rubbed his temples. “I shouldn’t have said anything. I can’t believe I told you that, he’ll have me killed if he finds out.”

“The King? Delron will have you killed if you tell me?” I took a deep breath. “Please tell me, I promise I won’t give anything away.”

He looked around and then at me. His face softened and it almost looked like he was going to cry. It was an unusual expression on such a tall, bulk of a guy. “I would if I could Lady Claire. Please don’t ask anymore.”

“Jayson.”

“Go to your chamber, Lady Claire. I have to start my rounds.” He turned his back on me but my hand lashed out and grabbed him.

“No! Tell me!”

He shoved me up against the wall away from most peoples view and leaned in very close to my face. His whole body acting as a shield against the harsh wind. “They’re dead. All of them. They don’t return home, Claire, they die.”

“Who?”

“The girls.”

“What are you doing, Jayson?”

He spun round and came face to face with the King. I screamed and pressed my body even closer to the wall. Jayson immediately tensed. “It’s not what it looks like, Your Majesty.”

“Then what does it look like?”

“Uhh…”

I found myself hyperventilating. “It was my fault,” I gasped. “I attacked him, he was just holding me back. He told me that if I wasn’t careful and respectful and…loyal unless I wanted to die.”

“Because it’s treason,” Jayson interjected. “I wanted to make sure Lady Claire stayed safe, because she is very important.”

The King walked forward and seemed to smile genuinely. Before I knew it he had pulled out a knife and plunged it into Jayson’s stomach. A scream ripped through my chest as I watched Jayson gasp with blood in his mouth and more on his clothing. “You and I both know that’s not the truth. It’s best not to lie to me. Those will be the last thoughts in your head.”

The King pulled out the knife and I dropped down beside Jayson. I pulled his torso onto his lap and covered his wound with my free hand. “Oh my God,” I cried. “It’s going to be okay, just breathe.”

Jayson mumbled something incoherent. His voice was rough and wet, his throat filled with his blood. The poor man was dying on me and there was nothing I could do. “Ru-”

“Don’t talk, just rest. It’s going to be okay, Jayson, just breathe.” The horror and fear in his eyes was unbearable to witness. No one should ever feel that way.

He gripped onto my shoulders and looked me dead in the eye. “Claire…run!”

He coughed once and shook like a leaf before growing extremely stiff in my arms. “No!” Jayson relaxed against me and sighed. Tears poured down my face like a waterfall. His blood was on me…

The King pulled me to my feet letting the limp body fall to the ground.

“You killed him!” I screeched, sobbing fast. “He…he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“He told you about the girls. You would have run—I know you. You would have escaped and ruined my perfect reputation.”

“Your reputation is poison!” I pulled out of his grasp and glared at him. “Anyone near you is corrupted or dead. You ruin lives and the few of us that know who you really are you keep close or murder. You’re a murderer!”

His eyes darkened and he maliciously gripped my shoulders and shook me. “Don’t say such things, Claire. Why couldn’t you just love me? I know you do, as I do for you. I am so much better than you know, so kind you are, you change me. I’m grand with the perfect being by my side.” He pressed his lips against mine and was astonished at the beautiful tingles that it created. “The King should delight in righteous lips, and he should love someone who speaks what is right. When the King’s face brightens, it means life; his favour is like the clouds that bring spring rain.”

I shook my head gently and rested it on his shoulder. “I can’t do this, Delron.”

“I can help you. I can’t make this all go away. I can make you feel better. I promise you, Claire, you will not regret being with me. I can do something that will make you forget all this, make you happy and your proud, beautiful personality will be restored and you will…I can make you happy, if only you love me.”

I looked up into his eyes. All his anger, all his pain and vicious personality dissolved into beauty and love. He adored me more than anything in the world and the worst thing is I understood what he felt…

…because I felt it too.

__________________________________

I'm really really really really really really sorry about the late upload. I've been busy and distracted, i don't know--writers block sucks.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

:)

love you all, from Hayley Clark xxx

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

394K 15.9K 138
Fern is the younger sister of a famous author known for 'The Promise Under The Moon.' At just fourteen, she was the first to read her sister's debut...
Erica Da Sam

Narrativa Storica

2.9M 109K 60
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...
292K 20.4K 169
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
84.3K 10.7K 26
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...