Gather The Ashes || Stilinski...

Door soulfulstiles

[BOOK THREE] Sierra Page struggled with moving on. The events from earlier that winter were permanently engra... Meer

Rights
Cast
Playlist
Part One
One
Two
Three
RANDOM
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
VERY IMPORTANT PSA
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Part Two
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
NEW BOOK

Twenty-Three

2.9K 94 78
Door soulfulstiles

"SIERRA, HONEY, IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP."

The soft purr in Sierra's ears just made her snuggle further into her pillow, a content sigh escaping her lips. She felt a hand gently brush their fingers through her ear, a chuckle filling the air. "Come on, sweetheart, it's time for school. You know, Stiles and Scott are going to be there...I heard they're very excited to go to the zoo today too."

The six year-old's bright eyes popped open at the mention of her two best friends, an excited grin spreading across her mouth. "You really think so, Mom?"

Genevieve Page smiled back at her youngest daughter and assured, "Oh, I know so. But you won't know for yourself until you get to school, and that starts with getting up."

"I hope Ms. Reynolds lets us sit together," Sierra started to babble, clutching her favorite blanket in her hand. "Do you remember when we went to the pumpkin patch and I had to sit next to Theo?" Sierra scrunched her nose as her mom helped her out of bed. "I don't like Theo; he tried to get me to trade my pudding for gummy worms. Not even the sour kind! How crazy is that?"

"Very crazy," Genevieve agreed, stifling a laugh while they walked together out of her room to go downstairs. "But even if you don't like somebody, sweetheart, you should still be nice."

"I guess," Sierra shrugged her small shoulders. "But I'd still rather be with Stiles; he shares his pudding with me and I share my fruit roll-up with him."

A new voice entered the conversation, teasing, "Is Stiles trying to woo my daughter already?" Sierra smiled from seeing her dad sitting at the kitchen table, his signature cup of coffee in his hand. "Maybe I need to have that talk with him now."

Genevieve kissed her husband on the cheek before she responded, "Oh, honey, there's no keeping those two apart. I'd bet my life on that."

Michael chuckled, but nodded his head in agreement. Ever since his youngest met their neighbor's son, the pair had been inseparable. He lifted Sierra off the floor, perching her on his knee. "What do you want for breakfast, princess?" he asked.

Sierra pursed her lips in thought, tilting her head. "I don't know."

"You know," he whispered in her ear as if he held a really important secret, his eyes noticing the missing member of their family walk in with her backpack on her shoulders. "I bet if you ask Jem she'll make you her super special smiley face pancakes."

"Jemma!" Sierra shouted her sister's name, her eyes wide.

The fifteen year-old sophomore turned, mocking Sierra's expression with a grin. "Sierra!"

"Can you make me some smiley face pancakes?" Sierra rushed out, begging by folding her hands together. "Pretty please with a cherry on top!"

"I don't know, Si." Jemma pretended to think hard about Sierra's request as she walked towards her. Swiftly, she lifted her baby sister off her father's lap. "I guess I'll make them for you," Jemma dramatically decided, swaying Sierra around to make her giggle. "That's if you'll help me mix it!"

Immediately, Sierra was sold. "I'll do it!" Sierra exclaimed, clapping her hands. "Can I put the chocolate chips in too?"

Jemma scoffed in disbelief, setting her back on the hardwood. "Of course you can, silly. That's the best part."

Genevieve and Michael watched in amusement as Jemma instructed the small girl, the sisters working well together. Soon, Sierra sat at the table happily beside her dad, munching away at her creation.

Glancing at his watch, Michael's eyes widened and he stood up. "Oh, man, I gotta get going." He talked to his wife over his shoulder as he placed his coffee cup in the dishwasher. "Did you tell Jem yet?"

Jemma furrowed her eyebrows and she looked between her parents. "Tell me what?"

"That your father and I are going to a dinner party tonight," Genevieve answered, standing behind Sierra to make sure she didn't take too many bites at once. "Noah is going to be working late as well, so we were hoping you could watch Sierra and Stiles."

"Yeah, of course, I don't mind," Jemma replied honestly. "I mean, I don't have any plans with Paige or Derek so I'm free."

"Well, that's odd," Michael joked, slipping on his jacket he had placed around his chair. "Usually you three are always getting into trouble." As he walked past Sierra eating, he rustled her hair.

"Daddy!" Sierra squealed, swatting his hand away. "Not cool. I'm trying to eat, dude!"

Michael raised his eyebrows after kissing Jemma on the head, exchanging a look with his wife. "Did she just call me dude?"

"Stiles and Scott taught me it," Sierra announced, grinning.

"Of course they did," he sighed. Michael kissed Genevieve goodbye, waving at his daughters as he headed towards the door. "Be good in school, girls! Jem, thanks for babysitting and Sierra, have fun at the zoo!"

"Love you, Dad!" Sierra called after him and he turned around to grin at her.

"Love you too, Princess, I'll see you soon!"

"I'm going to see a lion today," Sierra informed Jemma after Michael left. "Stiles and I are going to try to get it to roar at us."

"Is that so?" Jemma quirked up one of her eyebrows, folding her arms over the table. She looked at Sierra with a smirk, "How are you going to do that?"

"By roaring, duh," Sierra rolled her eyes. "Watch this." Sierra scrunched up her nose, curling her fingers to look like claws. Without warning, Sierra growled to the best of her ability, her eyes narrowed. Jemma laughed, unable to stop herself from how 'fierce' Sierra sounded.

Genevieve chuckled too, speaking up, "Honey, as scary as you are, you, Scott and Stiles listen to Ms. Reynolds, okay? You stay with her at all times." Her blue eyes flickered over to Jemma, as she stated, "As for tonight, we should be back kind of late. I was planning on ordering you all a pizza, so you won't have to worry about dinner. You know how Stiles and Sierra are, so just put on the TV if you need to study."

"Mom, I got it, I promise," Jemma swore, rising from the table to approach her mom's side. "You don't need to worry about us." Jemma rested a hand on Sierra's shoulder, since she sat in front of them. "You and Dad just enjoy yourselves and then come home safely."

"We always do," Genevieve assured, wrapping her arms around both of her daughters. "I love you both so much."

Sierra smiled, holding onto her mother's arm tightly. Jemma replied, hugging back, "And we love you too." A sudden beep made the three break apart, Jemma looking down at her phone. "That's Derek. He's here to take me to school."

Jemma stepped back, grabbing her bag that she had previously placed on the floor. "I'll see you later!"

"Bye, sweetheart!" Genevieve called after her.

Once the front door shut again, Genevieve smiled down at Sierra, who was simply looking up at her with her head resting against her arms.

"Are you ready to wake up now, Sierra?"

The six year-old furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding. Genevieve sighed, kneeling down to get closer to her. "It's time to wake up, sweetheart."

"I am awake," Sierra argued, her voice trembling as she met her mother's soft blue, watering eyes.

"As much as I love you, Sierra, I know you know that's not true," Genevieve spoke quietly, moving her hand to clutch hers. "Right now, you're safe, you're innocent and protected. But if you don't wake up, your best friend is going to die."

"Scott?" Sierra whispered in disbelief, shaking her head as she tightened the grip on her mom. "No, no, he'll be fine. They don't need me."

"You, Scott, and Stiles have always needed each other," Genevieve reminded her seriously. "But when you lost Allison...you stepped back. You stopped sleeping. Why?"

"I...I just couldn't," Sierra hiccuped, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Allison died...she died because I couldn't protect her. I couldn't protect Scott. I couldn't protect Stiles because I didn't stay awake. I thought...I thought as long as I stay awake, I can be ready. No one can hurt them. Not again."

"Sweetheart," Genevieve gently cupped Sierra's cheek as she offered her a small smile. "As much as it hurts, life is supposed to have struggle."

Her fingers fell to pick up the ring resting against Sierra's heart. "Stiles made you a promise...a strong one. And it wasn't to let you handle all of this on your own. He swore to be there for you amidst the struggle, just like you swore to him. You get through it together."

Genevieve paused for a moment, as if thinking her next words through carefully. "When you and Scott morphed into who you are now, I believe Jemma told you new powers would come through. Right?"

Sierra nodded slowly, not understanding. "She did...but the only thing that happened was my eyes changed to silver."

"You know, our bodies are beautiful pieces of art, aren't they?" Genevieve thought aloud, Sierra only getting more puzzled. "When we get sad, they tell us to let it out instead of keeping it in. When we're happy, they tell us to smile and laugh. And when we're stressed, they let us have a break." She went on seriously, Sierra finally aware of the truth in her words. "Your powers are letting you have a break because you, my precious girl, are exhausted. You've been worried about Liam, about Malia, about Lydia...about everyone. You haven't rested. And only when you're ready, will your new abilities show because instead of living in fear, you'll be living with hope."

"How will I know when I'm ready?" Sierra asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "How do I stop being so afraid?"

"Unfortunately, the answer to that isn't black and white," Genevieve let out a sigh. "Fear is something you're always going to experience, but you can't let it control you." Genevieve smiled at Sierra, tucking a strand of hair behind her pierced ear. "But I do know something that will help."

"What?"

"You have to wake up," Genevieve reiterated her point from before. "Because your friends need you, just like you need them."

"I don't want to say goodbye to you," Sierra cried out, throwing her arms around her mother. She buried her face in Genevieve's shoulder, letting her tears flow. "Not again, Mom."

Genevieve soothed her, running a hand through Sierra's hair, "Sierra, I always tell you that I'm always with you." She leaned back, brushing the tears off of Sierra's cheeks as she held her face in her hands. "It's time you start believing me." Genevieve pressed a gentle kiss on her daughter's forehead, whispering, "Wake up, sweetheart. They need you."

Wake up, her words echoed, growing louder.

WAKE UP.

*^*^*^*^*

Sierra's eyes snapped open.

Her body lurched forward as a sharp gasp escaped her mouth, her heart pounding against her rib cage.

Quickly, her gaze darted around her surroundings, trying to find something familiar to calm her down. However, she didn't recognize anything.

Darkness screamed at her from all sides, the only exception being a small opening in the chained roof above her. The beams of light made her eyes fall to the dirt floor, before they widened in horror. 

Just like Kira, she saw bones.

Sierra screeched, scrambling to stand. A chill ran down her spine as she scratched at her own skin in attempts to get the dirt and guilt off of herself.

"And she tried to tell me she wasn't crazy," Sierra muttered, referencing Kate with disgust. She scanned the prison again, her focus returning to find a way out.

Granted, even if Sierra did escape she had no idea where she was. La Iglesia stood in the middle of a Mexican desert, and Sierra remembered from her first trip south that the nearest town was miles away. However, Sierra would rather die from heat stroke in the desert than let Kate get what she wanted.

"Bingo."

Her lips turned up at the sight of a heavy-looking, iron gate. She walked over to it carefully, watching her footing to not disturb the bones disintegrating around her. Sierra expected the door not to budge; she expected to have to pull with all of her strength or blast it to smithereens. Yet, all she did was barely push...and it creaked open.

Immediately, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up in alarm. Kate might have been a sociopathic murderer, but she wasn't stupid. The only way this gate would be open is if Kate wanted it to be open.

Debating her options, Sierra glanced over her shoulder back to the piles of bones. Shuddering, Sierra knew she wasn't staying in the cell. She didn't know what would greet her outside in the ruins of the church, but it had to be better than staying with the carcasses.

Find Kira, find Scott, she repeated to herself over and over as she slipped past the gate. Keeping her hand poised in front of her, Sierra moved cautiously. Find Kira, find Scott. She used the crumbling walls as a guide, her ears perked to hear anyone...or anything. Find Kira, find Scott.

Even as she whispered their names into the darkness, it sounded like she screamed from how her voice carried.

Her movements paused from hearing shuffling to her right, her body tensing. Turning slowly, Sierra squinted in hopes of seeing more clearly.

A gate, one that matched the cell she had been in, stood a few feet away, only visible from small cracks in the building. Sierra crept closer, calling out for her friends quietly. "Kira? Scott?"

"Sierra?"

A small, frightened voice answered her.

Sierra's pace quickened and within three steps, she reached the gate. Stepping into the light, Kira appeared. Her bottom lip busted and bleeding, her hair sticking to her forehead...Kira stood in front of her alive.

"Oh, thank God," Sierra exhaled with relief.

"What're you doing here?" Kira's words slurred together from her fear. "Kate...she attacked Scott and I, I tried to help but the...the Berserker--"

"Hey, hey, hey," Sierra spoke in a soft voice to soothe her and placed her hand over hers through the gate. "You're okay, Kira, alright? You're going to be okay. I'm gonna get you out. Where's Scott? Do you know?"

Kira shook her head rapidly, tears gathering in the corners of her eyes. "No, no, Sierra. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Kate...I don't know how she did it, but she did. And I don't know how to bring him back."

Sierra lifted her head to meet Kira's eyes once more, demanding, "Bring him back from what?"

A low growl stopped Kira from answering, echoing through the dark hallway. Sierra froze, unable to tell which direction it came from.

"Alright," she whispered to Kira, "I'm gonna get you out, and then we're going to run. Okay?"

"No, no, that's a terrible idea," Kira replied, her voice cracking. "You can't just break it open!"

"I wouldn't be doing anything," Sierra stated, an idea forming in her mind. "The Berserker will do all the hard work." Not explaining, she instructed Kira to move back against the other end of her cell.

Kira listened, and Sierra created more space by positioning herself a few feet away from the gate. Poising her hands once more in front of her, Sierra listened closely. She heard its feet dragging, the animal bones clanking together as it growled again.

Whirling around just in time, Sierra's eyes widened from seeing the Berserker step out of the shadows. She ducked as it angrily swung its claws in her direction, Kira letting out a nervous shout. Swiftly conducting a somersault, Sierra dodged another punch and raised back to her feet. She then flung her hand out with a smirk, her plan being to launch the Berserker into the gate to break it open.

But nothing happened.

Sierra looked down at her hands in a panic, unable to use her powers. And unable to defend herself.

Not seeing the other Berserker behind her, she collapsed as it fiercely knocked her head. She didn't even have time to react before it lifted her up, and slammed her down once more.

"Sierra!" Kira shouted from inside the room she was trapped in, feeling helpless.

The Berserker threw Sierra's head into the stone wall repeatedly, roaring ferociously. Sierra tried to fight back as its claws forced themselves around her neck, lifting her off the floor. She kicked her feet, swiping at the animal pelt armor.

Her eyes widened once she managed to loosen a woven section on the Berserker's left arm, locking on the familiar tattoo. Two bands stared back at her, two bands Sierra instantly recognized.

"Scott?" she could only whisper, unable to belief the truth even as she finally noticed his brown eyes under the mask.

The Berserker growled in aggravation, wrestling her to the floor. But then as a shattering roar filled the air, it instantly rose to its feet and backed away from Sierra.

"I'm going to have to do a better job of covering that up," a sinister voice made Sierra lift her eyes, despite the agony that shot through her head. Blood dripped down from her hairline and her breaths were short, but Sierra managed to glare angrily as Kate appeared from the darkness.

"What did you do to him?" Sierra spit, Kira listening to every word as she watched worriedly.

"How," Kate corrected, circling the bleeding girl on the floor with a smirk on her lips. "That's...That's the better story. You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go. But something, something kept pulling me here...to the temple of Texcatlipoca."

Kate's dark eyes drifted around the area of the church before they narrowed back down at Sierra. "Its name means smoking mirror and this place...is a temple of the smoking mirror." She paused in front of one of the walls, matching her fingers to the claw marks scratched deep into the rock. "Obsidian," Kate called the stone.

"When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me,"  Kate explained as she remembered. "They helped me survive. And I didn't know quite why until just recently." Kate then scoffed, a smirk on her lips as Sierra scowled at her. "Until I decided to trust someone I never thought I would trust."

Sierra narrowed her eyes, her hands curling into fists at her sides.

"It was then I found I could not only control Berserkers, I could create them," Kate revealed proudly, standing beside Scott as she traced an animal bone with her finger. "They call me La mujer de hueso, 'The Bone Woman'."

"They should call you a sociopathic bitch," Sierra snapped, all the pieces falling into place. "You have murdered so many innocent people, and tried to murder a man who is as crazy as you. And now you're working with him? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Kate's glare hardened. "We're only working together because we want you and Scott to suffer," she spat back. "You think you save the day, but you only cause more death and destruction wherever you go. Without you two, my family would all be alive. Without you, Allison would still be here!"

Sierra's lips parted in surprise while Kate forced herself to take deep breaths, not wanting to completely lose her temper. A million thoughts ran through Sierra's head but she couldn't speak, Kate's accidental rage stunning her.

Kate bit down on her lip, and shook her head. "I wanted to test Scott's loyalty," she continued, venom filling her next words. "You know, Scott became an Alpha without having to kill anyone, just like you became a True Empath. You two have been through quite a lot without ever having to kill.I think it's time to change that."

"You want him to kill me?" Sierra echoed with a huff. "Fine. But let Kira go. She hasn't done anything to you, Kate. You have me, you have Scott. So let her go."

"You think I was going to have him kill you?" Kate chuckled, only making Sierra more anxious. "Oh, sweet little Sierra...so naive," she mocked. "No, I have bigger plans for you."

"No," Sierra scrambled to get back on her feet, only for Scott to shove her back down with a growl. "No, she hasn't done anything!" Sierra argued as Kate's eyes shifted to Kira, who fearfully backed away from the gate. She wrestled with Scott, making the other Berserker move and force her arms behind her back. "Kate, stop!"

"Take her away," Kate waved her hand, the slimy smirk on her lips only widening from watching the situation unfold. The Berserker lifted Sierra off the ground, Sierra kicking and screaming to break free.

"Stop, please!" she pleaded desperately. "Kate, let her go, I'm begging you, please!"

"Sierra!" Kira yelled, afraid, for her friend as Scott turned to face her, her voice wavering from seeing the sharp bone knife in his hand.

"Kira!" Sierra's throat was raw from how hard she tried to get to her. To stop Scott from making a mistake that would forever change his life. "Scott, stop! Kate make him stop!"

Sierra sobbed as Scott opened the gate, unable to help from the Berserker holding her back.

And when Kira's screams filled the air, Sierra could only squeeze her eyes shut in defeat and cry as the Berserker dragged her away.

*^*^*^*^*

"You are not going to Mexico."

Stiles huffed at his father's words. He stood across from him in the office at the police station, defiant as he folded his arms over his chest. "Dad, Scott and Kira--and Sierra, in case you forgot--have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico," Stiles reminded him sharply. "Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico!"

Noah walked around Stiles to his desk, letting out a sigh. "Okay," he leaned forward with his palms on the wood. "Even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

Stiles groaned, instantly disagreeing, "Dad--"

"That means," Noah cut him off, raising his voice so his son would listen, "calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices," Stiles argued, not backing down. "Someone needs to go down there, find them and rescue them!"

"Stiles--"

His son interrupted this time, "Dad! I am going to Mexico, end of story."

"You know, I can keep you from going," Noah brought up his authority.

"I'd find a way."

Noah narrowed his eyes, "I can throw you in a cell."

"I'd still find a way," Stiles retorted, not missing a beat.

Noah blew a heavy breath through his mouth, the annoyance for Stiles twisting his gut. "Stiles, please," he spoke gentler. "Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!"

"You do realize this is Sierra, right?" Stiles questioned him, his voice cracking. "This isn't just anybody."

"Stiles," Noah's face softened from seeing the worry in his son's eyes. "I know Sierra means a lot to you--"

"She means everything to me, Dad," Stiles corrected harshly. "Alright? She's not..." Stiles let out a sigh, forcing himself to continue quietly. "She's not just our neighbor or, or my best friend anymore. I know I sound crazy, but Sierra...she is literally what holds me together. You probably think I'm too young to know what I'm talking about, that I don't understand love but, Dad, Sierra is it. There isn't anybody else. There won't ever be anyone else that I love more than her. I promised her."

"So I cannot sit here knowing she is hurt somewhere in Mexico," Stiles reiterated his stance in the argument clearly. "I'm going down there to get her, and you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me when it comes to her."

Noah didn't say anything for a moment, absorbing the ramble Stiles let escape due to his fear of losing Sierra. 

"Look," he said first, sighing again as Stiles anxiously rubbed his chin. "I will call every law enforcement agency all the way to South America if I have to, I promise. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. We'll both go. Okay?"

"Okay," Stiles agreed, barely nodding his head. "Okay, that's great. Can I get a gun too while you're at it?"

Noah squinted his eyes in disbelief.

"No."

"Dad--"

"Absolutely not."

*^*^*^*^*

Sierra fell to her knees, her palms pressed into the dirt as she spit up the blood gathering in her mouth. Hearing Kate laugh made her scowl, but she barely had time to react before a Berserker sent another kick straight into her stomach.

"Isn't it funny," Kate grinned as Sierra collapsed on her back, groaning from the pain. Kate raised her hand, the Berserker coming to a straight halt by her side. "How a little dose of mistletoe can instantly take away everything special about you?"

"You only poisoned me because you're afraid of me," Sierra spat before thinking her words through.

Kate sighed, "You really need to learn to watch your mouth."

With a flick of her fingers, Kate signaled the Berserker to strike again. Sierra's vision turned to a haze from the sudden swing to her head, her surroundings quickly blurring together.

Sierra knew things weren't looking optimistic for herself; due to the mistletoe, she couldn't heal. Almost every part of her body had been bruised or cut open to bleed that at this point, Sierra could barely feel anything. She had gone completely numb.

"Awe, what do we have here?" Kate's voice entered her ears once more as she tried to breathe, the intense tightening in her lungs making her gasp. The Berserker yanked her head back, gripping the roots of her hair.

Sierra faintly saw Kate crouch down to her level, and felt a tug on her neck. Kate tilted her head, her evil smile growing from observing the ring between her fingers. "A little gift from your boyfriend? Stiles is just the sweetest."

"Don't you dare say his name," Sierra retaliated sharply, almost crying out from the shock of the pain when she tried to get Kate away from her. "Leave him out of this."

"Why? I think Stiles fits perfectly with what I have planned," Kate acted innocent as she stood back on her feet. "You see, him and your other little heroes are probably on their way right now to rescue their stupid king and queen. Little will they know, what they think is a dragon is just the king in disguise. They won't know what they're slaying."

"You know," Sierra paused, taking a heavy breath before she glared at the werejaguar. "You really suck at analogies."

Kate growled, her eyes glowing emerald as they narrowed at Sierra. "Watch it, princess," she snarled.

"I'm sorry, I thought I was a queen."

Kate had enough of the girl's antics. She stalked back over, and for the first time made Sierra bleed while the Berserker stood there. Kate sliced deep into her cheek, the blood gushing down Sierra's neck. Sierra watched as Kate fully transformed right before her eyes, her claws moving to grip Sierra's chin. "You wanna hear how the story ends?" Kate demanded, her fangs barring in aggravation. "Here's how it ends: the group of hopeful friends arrive in the temple too late. Scott? Died at their own hands."

"And what...what about me?" Sierra croaked, daring to look Kate in the eye. "You wanna kill me? Kill me. I die, you get revenge on the girl who murdered your only niece."

Sierra's voice was hard as stone, yet stood barely above a whisper, "So what're you waiting for?"

Before Kate could respond, an echoing roar shook the walls of the ruins, dirt raining down on them. But Kate's smirk only grew as she looked back down at Sierra. "I was waiting for that."

Sierra's eyebrows cinched together, not understanding as Kate let her go only to stand. "You see, Sierra," Kate started, pulling an item from her pocket. "Your friends are almost here. That sound you heard? A warning from my Berserkers. Which means it's finally time."

"Time for what?"

"Have you ever heard of terrigen crystals?" Kate questioned, moving away from Sierra towards the entrance to the prison cell with the Berserker at her side. "There's a legend...a myth about how when broken, a mist is released. Swarming whomever is near, it turns into liquid rock to create a...chrysalis, I guess you could call it, of sorts. Used on a human, it can bring immoral powers. But used on a supernatural creature? And a True Empath above all else...." Kate chuckled darkly, fiddling with the crystal. "Well, I guess we'll see won't we?"

Sierra scrambled to her feet and move away from Kate, her fear growing from hearing how steady Kate's heart remained as she spoke. She wasn't lying. Meaning, if she dropped that crystal...Sierra could kiss her life goodbye.

Her back pressed against the other wall, her breath getting caught in her throat as Kate's sinister smirk grew.

"Wait, Kate, please," Sierra begged, tears gathering in her eyes. They dripped down her face, stinging her open wounds and swirling with the drying blood. "Don't do this, please. You don't want to do this."

"Yes, yes I really do," Kate disagreed sharply, gripping the crystal tightly. Before Sierra could say another word, Kate forcefully launched the crystal towards her.

Instantly, it shattered into a million fragments--inches away from Sierra.

She cried out as a blue mist wafted from the broken pieces, hissing and filling the air. Sierra forced herself to stand, trying to escape. But it was too late.

Sierra squeezed her eyes shut and she covered her mouth as the mist whirled around her. It grew and grew as she shouted, her hair blowing behind her ears, completely consuming her... until it stopped.

Everything fell still. The only sound filling the room were Sierra's little gasps of air to breathe, and she mistakenly thought she would be okay.

Kate's plan failed. She was okay.

And then Sierra looked down.

A thick, pitch black substance pooled at her feet, having a mind of it own as it covered her shoes completely. Sierra screamed as it slithered up her legs, twisting and wrapping around her arms.

It moved fast, rapid panicked breaths and sobs escaping Sierra's lips from the agonizing pain that spread across her limbs.

"No, please!" she pleaded, her eyes widened in fear as she cried out. "Kate, wait!"

But it didn't matter.

No one could hear her...and the process had already begun.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.4M 42.5K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
130 2 17
With the start of the third grade, Stiles Stilinski moves into a town called Beacon Hills. Upon arriving he joins a friendship with Scott McCall, and...
106K 3.3K 25
Thank you all for over 10K reads. (When did that happen?) I love you so much (29.01.19) Thank you all for over 20K reads. I love you so much (19.07...
372K 14.1K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...