The True Happiness

By 1Dneverland

Hanna Evans is a normal girl with a huge love for books, instilled by her grandfather. Searching for somethin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Alex special)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Second Part - Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Alex)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 31

84 1 0
By 1Dneverland

December 11, 2009 

4:10 am

Winter vacations, at least for me, means sleeping all day and going out at night. Diana had begun to take a new medicine four days ago and after taking the pill after breakfast she slept almost all day, so when night came she was very awake and charged her energy.

And the truth is that this helped a lot to my plan to sleep all day. After staying the night awake or returning home when the sun started to go out, sleeping all day snuggling was an excellent idea.

But today it wasn’t... Today was an especially tiring day. Especially for me. Diana is more than angry with me and Liam has given me a good beating. But before you make hasty conclusions... Let me tell you how it all happened.

Around six o'clock I woke up Diana so she could get ready, to go out to the club with the others. A good party was going to be today and the truth is that I felt like going out.

“Do you think that I should wear a dress or a skirt?” She asked me looking between her small wardrobe clothes.

“It is the same. Just put something on.”

She rolled her eyes.

“It is not the same, Niall.”

She took out a short red pencil skirt which embraced to her hips like a second skin, and a strapless white blouse, with a slight low neckline leaving to your imagination to discover what was hiding under the fabric and the neckline adorned with a golden fabric. She bent over, crawling on the floor and showing me her perfect butt, until she found her golden heels.

“Are you already going to finish?” I asked from her bed. I was lying down playing with my phone waiting for her to be ready so we could leave.

“Don’t be so impatient.”

She was doing her makeup and fixing her hair. Her hair had been perfectly wavy and her eyes outlined with black, making them seem larger and more seductive. Her eyelashes elongate with mascara and her lips were painted a reddish pink. She put her belongings in a clutch and I offered her my hand.

“Are you ready?”

“Yep,” she popped the P.

“Bike or car?”

“Car. It snowed in the afternoon and the streets are too slippery to go on a motorcycle. In addition, the legs would be me frozen.”

“Then you shouldn’t wear such a short skirt,” I said with irony.

“I can wear jeans,” she shrugged and I shook my head. I wouldn’t lose that opportunity to delight myself with her legs.

“Alright, then we should go now,” she climbed in her car and I smiled before opening the driver's side door and turning on the engine.

Liam didn´t show up and Audrey didn’t arrive for more than obvious reasons. Louis and Brandon brought their “dates” and Nadia and Brooke their respective boyfriends. The music began to rumble in our ears a couple of streets before we got to the club.

“IDs,” it was the first thing that the man who was at the door said.

Diana pulled my arm and leaned a bit on my shoulder.

“What are we going to do?” Diana whispered in my ear.

“Don't worry about that,” I reassured her.

All of them were already inside, waiting for the guy to let us in. I took two false identifications out of my pocket and gave them to the guy on the door. He looked at them and then looked at us from head to toe. I surrounded Diana's waist with my arm.

“Go in.” He gave us back the IDs and we entered the Club.

“I thought that he wouldn’t let us enter.” She whispered while I kept the identifications.

“The night is young!” Brooke shouted waving her hair.

The music was so high that I just couldn't hear what they were saying. Diana was trapped between my arms. You never know what asshole you can bump into a club, and I wouldn’t let her alone among the multitude of strangers. I gave her a small kiss on the lips.

“Let's Dance.” Nadia took Diana's hand and dragged her behind her and Brooke while they got lost between the people on the dance floor.

“Let's get a drink.” Brandon patted me on the shoulder and nodded toward the bar. I tried to find Diana one last time, but it was impossible to see her among so many people.

I followed the boys to the bar. We sat on the stools and Brooke’s boyfriend ordered drinks for everyone. The conversation flowed between not so appropriate comments, jokes and laughter. I took another sip of my drink feeling the taste of fruit and the heat of the alcohol burned my throat.

The guffaws were made stronger by our side and we all turn to see. A group of girls were laughing out loud while the bar tender served them another drink. They looked at us and smiled mischievously.

“Hello,” one of them, deep eyes and perfectly straightened hair, brunette was the first to greet us.

“Hi.” Brandon answered without understanding the why we had started to talk without any apparent reason.

But it was a club. Everybody spoke with everyone, everyone danced with everyone and all fucked with everybody. I rolled my eyes and finished my drink in one gulp. They stood up from their seats and approached, perhaps too much, to us. A blonde leaned casually on the bar, between Brooke’s boyfriend and me. He looked at me, asking me what to do. Brooke wasn’t exactly an angel fallen from heaven and she wouldn't let any whore approached her boyfriend.

“How are you?”Another asked so casually that it seemed that we were friends since forever. I did a grimace and frown.

“We were better before,” I said and smiled sarcastically.

“Oh, don’t be a party pooper. Why don’t we go dance?”

“No thanks. We don’t dance with anyone who isn’t our girls.” Nadia’s boyfriend spoke. Perhaps he’s not so blind to reality as she, but he loves her too much to look at someone who isn’t Nadia.

I put the firm countenance so they didn’t approach me, but they didn’t understand our hints to not approach us. Their presence was not desired and they seemed to not grasp that.

“We can your girls for tonight,” one of them offered.

Louis and Brandon didn’t have any problem with these girls, since they don’t have a formal relationship as we three (I mean Nadia and Brooke’s boys and I). I just had a week with Diana as my girlfriend and I didn’t want to cause drama because a few hookers that were not even pretty.

One of them approached her hand towards me, to make the typical flirt move with her touching my arm.

“You don’t dare to touch me.” I warned her.

“It seems that someone is in a bad mood,” she took my warning as a game in the flirting that only existed in her mind.

“Okay, don’t get mad. Just want to make company to a few guys who seem pretty lonely.” The brunette talked pouting.

“Well, why don’t you go to make company to a dog in heat, bitch?” Brooke arrived, with her character as smooth as ever. Note my sarcasm.

“And who do you think you are to speak to me like that?” The brunette dared to talk to Brooke.

“Well, you cannot sell yourself in front of my boyfriend. I mean, there are whorehouses for a reason, aren’t they?” Brooke’s posture and way of talking showed that she was not happy with what was happening.

Brandon and Louis were busy paying attention to the other girls to realize the small discussion that was going on. I laughed at the shameless way Brooke used to call the brunette a slut.

Diana was stepped ahead and when I saw her I took her by the arm to her attract to me. I forced her to sit on my lap so that the other girl went away from me. Using Diana as an anti-bitch shield was rather childlike, I admit it, but desperate situations require desperate measures, don’t they?

She had no problem with my attitude and I know that he was happy and her jealousy disappeared when the blonde walked away from me. Diana is jealous, very jealous, even if she doesn’t show it I know that her blood boils when she sees me with someone else.

“I can't believe that you've been so close to that blonde. She was almost on top of you!” She whispered in my ear while she still looked like the words and insults came out of the mouth of Brooke while her blood was boiling.

“Luckily that you came in time to save me,” I kissed her on the cheek.

“I'm thirsty,” she made a gesture to take my second glass but I removed it from her scope.

“You can’t drink alcohol.” I remembered her.

“You cannot either and I also have an ID,” she smiled me with malice.

“But I won’t let you to take alcohol. Remember that the doctor said that nothing of strong substances until they don’t see what effects have new pills.” I muttered against her ear and she pouted.

 “But it looks appetizing,” she complained and we hear how Brooke sent to hell the hooker, after slapping her, and then took by the hand her boyfriend so her follow her to a place where they could have a private conversation without the eyes of all stalking them.

The pink liquid in my glass of really looked appetizing and she was thirsty.

“We can do something. I can ask for one of this alcohol-free so you can drink it,” I suggested and she thought it a bit before saying yes.

I asked for the drink, but instead of alcohol, what added to her glass was club soda. She caught between your fingers the cherry that was on her drink.

“Look what I have.”  I she bragged while she shoved it in her mouth.

I kissed her to try to take it. Our tongues fought for staying with the cherry in Diana’s mouth.

“You taste good.”

“It's mine.”

She moved it away from me and ate the cherry before I could take it.

After a while and after Diana will refresh a bit she insisted that we should go dance. She literally dragged me to the dance floor where everyone danced, bumping their bodies with others. She surrounded my neck with her arms and I moved my hands to her waist. I squeezed her waist and she began to move her hips against mine and I smirked at her.

Our bodies were closer together, if that was possible, with every passing second. She left herself carried away by music by moving her body, hypnotizing mine. I love to see her like this. As carefree and full of life as she’s with me. I squeeze her butt slightly and she lets out a laugh.

“You’re drunk,” she says while looking at me in the eyes.

“I don’t need to be drunk to squeeze my girlfriend’s butt.” I answer her and do it again.

“I am tired; we danced for a long time. Can we go now?” She complained.

It was 2:13 am. She was fully entitled to feel tired. I took her hand and we slipped between the people to get out of the club. We walked toward the car as Dina walked in a strange way because after so long the heels made her feet hurt.

I opened the passenger door and she sat down to take off the heels. I looked at her while she unfastened her heels and put them in the back seat.

“My feet hurt,” me she moaned.

“Now we’ll go home and you can rest all you want.” I told her but before I could close her door to go to the driver's seat it exalted me to see a shadow moving towards us.

“Niall...”

“Shh... It’s okay,” I reassured her, I didn't need Diana worried in a situation like this.

I turned on my heels to face who was approaching to us. Diana gasped when she saw who was approaching us. Liam emerged from the shadows. He had large black circles around his eyes and walked with his hands shoved in the pockets of his pants.

“Liam, what are you doing here?” I asked and the answer I got was a punch in the right eye

Diana cried and Liam gave me another punch, this time at the chin.

“You helped her to kill him! Mother fucker!” Liam shouted at me while he gave me another punch on the cheek making me fall to the cold street and then kicked me in the stomach.

“It was just two months. How could you? That was my son!”

One, two, three kicks in the stomach while Diana was trying to stop him.

“I didn't know it. She told me she was going to see a friend and asked me if I could take her. She’s my best friend and the sister of my girlfriend, of course that would take her. I never thought that she would do something like this.” I defended.

“Liar!”

He kicked in the stomach again. The truth is that I didn’t defend not because it couldn’t, but because I didn't want to. He was fully right to be angry at me. I took Audrey to the place where she aborted. I didn't know that she would do so, but I took her and that makes me part of this mess.

“Stop it, Liam!” Diana separated him from me.

Liam looked at her with hate.

“This is also your fault. You gave her misconceptions of what the perfect life should be and that’s why she did it...”

“Do what, Liam? What the hell are you talking about?”

“Audrey aborted my son!” The words came out as poison from his mouth.

“And you wanted it?” Diana looked at him surprised.

“At the beginning didn’t... But that didn’t give her any right to get rid of him.”

“I know, I know. What does Niall have to do in all this?”

“He took her to the clinic.”

“I already told you that I didn’t know. She didn't want to tell me where she was going, she just asked me a favor and I did it.” I got up the floor groaning in pain.

“I... I'd love him. But now I no longer can I lose him,” it seemed that all the anger and adrenaline had decreased because now his eyes were filled with tears as he stared at nothing.

From one moment to another, he was crying in Diana’s arms. She caressed his back, trying to comfort him, while looking at me without knowing what to do with him. I shrugged my shoulders and she looked at him with concern. I was too much slope of the pain all over my body to worry about my attacker... Liam.

I breathed as deep as pain allowed me and pulled the air slowly trying to relieve the pain I felt after the strong blows that Liam had gave me. I could hear him sobbing my girlfriend’s arms while she whispered words to comfort him and to stop crying once and for all.

Luckily, and really that was luck, I found a couple of friends of Liam there. Believe me that it was difficult to move when my whole body was sore. They took Liam to his house because the poor guy definitely wasn’t able to drive. And neither was I.

Diana drove back home while I complained about pain in the passenger seat.

“I can't believe that you've participated in an abortion,” her voice had something more than anger or sadness. Her voice contained was disappointment.

“I told you that I didn’t know that she would go to that place. She told me that she would go see a friend,” I spoke choppy because my chest hurt after all those kicks that Liam had given me.

“I can't believe that you haven’t noticed it. I myself showed you pregnancy tests.”

“You saw her until we left, did you see something strange?”

“No but...”

“If you, that are a girl, didn’t see anything strange in Audrey, how was supposed that I, that I know so little about women, know that Audrey was going to practice an abortion?” I asked her and she sighed.

“You're right. It's not your fault... I only wish that things hadn’t gone like this.”

“You're not the only one.” I took her hand and stroked it with my thumb.

“Does it hurt?”

“Liam doesn’t hit exactly soft,” I whisper and close my eyes.

“He was absolutely in his right to do so.”

“I already told you didn’t know...

“Well. We will be at home in a couple of minutes and I can heal those cuts.” 

When we got home she bandaged me blows without speaking a single word. I tried to explain to him but she told me that she was too tired to discuss that topic and that Audrey could listen to us if we went a bit up the voice. She consistently pressed cotton with alcohol strongly on my wounds, to burn more than what should be. Then do not talk of subject and when finished dressing I just went to my house to sleep alone.

December 15, 2009

“Explain me; I haven’t understood a word of what you said. Where are you going?”

She sighed, left her things on her bed, and I turned around to see me.

“I told you, Niall. I will go to Boston to a laboratory to make me some tests. And perhaps this time they´ll give me another medicine,” she got a pair of jeans in the suitcase.

“How time will you be gone? You never mentioned it.”

“I told you that dad called me three hours ago and I don't know when I will return. Three or four days. You are making a storm in a glass of water. I will go for four days and you will stay here without nothing bad happens.”

“Liam could appear at any time.”

She sighed frustrated and threw a shirt into the suitcase.

“Niall, it won’t happen anything. And I think it's time you have a conversation with Audrey to clarify everything. It is not good for you to be stuck in this mess.”

She closed the suitcase and turned away the hair from his face.

“I will see you in four days,” she said goodbye and I hugged her.

“Take care of yourself.”

“I will be in a hospital, Niall. They’ll take care of me.” She winked an eye before leaving the room and go to the car that was waiting for her parked opposite to the House.

I wanted to fix things with Audrey before this mess got bigger. I went down to the second floor and went to Audrey’s room. I knocked at the door a couple of times before, but no answer came. So I just opened the door and entered her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.5K 25
Louis has to move schools because of bullying what went to far. Not just for being a 'nerd' (which he really isn't) but for being gay. His new school...
74.1K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
373K 8.2K 29
Alex Dimanni's life just went to hell. After losing her best friend in a car accident, she doesn't know what to do anymore. Somehow, she finds hersel...