Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

1. The Apocalypse
2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
16. Oh shit
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
26. Storytime
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
42. Just keep swimming
43. No such thing as luck
44. Almost lost
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

23. Hand her over

4.5K 204 77
By AnotherFangal

(29th May)

Yourself and the rest of the group were on high alert as you passed through the town. The boarded-up houses on either side of the road made you nervous and the cars abandoned in the road forced you to walk in single file, zig-zagging around to avoid them.

"I don't like this place," you whispered to Jungkook who cocked his gun hold it close to his chest.

"I don't like it either. Just relax we will get through it." He told you calmingly, you took a deep breath and tried to shake off your worries. Stressing about it wasn't going to make it any easier.

After about 20 minutes, your feeling of worry got worse.

You felt like you were being watched now, watched by unfriendly eyes. You tried not to overthink it, knowing it would worry the others. You pulled Lady to a stop as Taehyung and Jimin stopped in front of you too. You moved Lady sideways slightly so you had a clearer view of why you'd stopped.

There was barb wire covering the road and a sign that very clearly read:

Turn back or die!

It was written in red but you didn't think it was paint...

"What do we do?" Jungkook asked trying not to be too loud.

"We can't turn back now, Baehyun will catch up to us," Namjoon replied.

You looked around eyes flicking in every direction for any signs of movement. This was not good, fear was flowing through you and your heart was pounding loudly against your chest. You forced yourself not to overthink, that would just make you panic.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" An unknown male voice spoke in the silence.

Your head snapped in the direction of the voice and saw a middle-aged man walking across the road towards you. He wasn't alone, he was followed by five men all holding bats and guns watching you closely. Their faces were covered by masks and hoods making it impossible to tell how old they were.

"We're just passing through. We don't want any trouble," Namjoon replied in a confident, yet polite voice.

"Well, that's fine," the first one spoke sounding cocky and sarcastic. "We can let you through, then can't we? Not quite we require want payment of some type. Ammo, guns, food you get the idea."

"I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement," Namjoon nodded calmly.

One of the men was gazing at you, his eyes narrowed slightly as if he was trying to figure something out. You avoided his eye contact looking down at the floor.

"Hey Boss," he got his attention, "They've got a girl with them." The first man froze and looked at you closely, the other men did the same making you feel like you were under a bright spotlight. Jimin and Taehyung moved their horse so they were blocking you from view.

"New plan, you can pass through completely unharmed with your horses and all your supplies. As long as you hand her over as payment," their leader pointed a finger at you, his eyes creasing like he was smirking.

"No chance!" Jungkook retorted instantly anger laced in every layer of his voice. His grip on your waist tightened making you feel slightly more comfortable. They were never going to let you go.

"Then we appear to have a problem. If you don't hand her over we shall simply kill all of you and take her." He threatened confidently gesturing to himself and his men behind him.

"But you're outnumbered," Yoongi stated bluntly, "If violence was used against us to take her, the eight of us will kill the six of you."

The man paused for a second then glanced at his men. You sensed what was about to happen, the men were about to reach for their guns but your group was one step ahead. By the time they had all pulled their guns out and were pointing them at each of you, you and the boys had already pointed your guns at them.

"What a shame, we were planning on keeping this friendly" their leader sighed.

The heat between the groups seemed to double. All the members of your groups glared at the other group, their fingers twitching to reach from their weapons.

"Screw it, get her boys!" He shouted at the same time he aimed his gun at Namjoon and fired.

The loud banging noise caused the horses to panic and jump. Jungkook slid off the back of Lady and dived behind a car for cover. The enemy group had taken cover and started shooting.

Lady reared up high again as they started to retaliate. More bangs sounded and you felt Lady falling backwards.

"Shit!" You shouted as she fell sideways crushing your leg upon hitting the concrete floor. You screamed in pain which carried over the sounds of the guns. Adrenaline was keeping most of the pain from hitting you but it wouldn't last long.

Forcing yourself to breathe normally, you looked around to check on the others.

Jungkook was hidden behind a car closest to your right, Jimin was holding the only horse he could keep hold of behind a nearby building. You could see the other two horses dead on the road. The guys were dotted around behind buildings, cars or fences shooting back at the enemy group.

"Y/N, GET OUTTA THERE!" Jungkook shouted loudly firing at one of the men that had stuck his head up and killing him instantly.

"MY LEG'S TRAPPED!" You shouted back, your right leg was in too much pain to attempt to wriggle out so you just laid there trying not to move it. The small protection you had, was that the men weren't shooting to kill you because they wanted you. Maybe you could use that you your advantage.

Taking a deep breath you managed wriggled out from beneath the heavy animal. You were lucky she wasn't trapping too much of you.

The shooting stopped for a moment and a voice shouted, "This is pointless risking your lives for her, hand her over and you can go free."

"NEVER!"

"Not a chance."

"Get lost!" Were the responses your boys shouted back.

You smiled to yourself feeling honoured that they refused to leave you with these men. The shooting started up again and you laid against the floor behind the dead horse. It was safer for you to stay still than you move and risk getting shot by accident.

A man suddenly grabbed you and yanked you to your feet. "Get off me!" You shouted when you realised it was one of the creepy guys. "Jungkook!" You screamed but he was busy fighting someone else who was throwing punches at him.

You started struggling and kicking the guy as hard as you could with one leg. Your heart was pounding fast and you were scared. You knew what these men would do to you if they managed to get you away from the safety of your group.

The guy was too strong for you, he pulled you to the other side of the barbed wire through a small gap and threw you into the floor. Their leader stood on your, possibly broken, right ankle and pointed a gun at you.

Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jin and Hobi immediately stopped firing at the sight of you on the floor.

"Right, now we have your girl you will leave." The leader warned.

You looked at the guys with tears in your eyes from the pain. Jungkook was slumped against a car his face bruised and bleeding, you couldn't tell if he was dead or alive. Him looking like that scared you more than Biters at night, more than Baehyun, more than anything.

Please don't be dead!

"Give her back!" Yoongi shouted angrily stepping forward. Their leader put more weight on your ankle making you fall back into the floor and cry out in pain.

"Come any close and I'll shoot her fingers off." They all took a step back and raised their hands in surrender.

"Good. You, pick the girl up. She's ours now." He smirked still pointing the gun at you.

The other man forcefully picked you up and held you tightly, "You're going to be fun." He sneered in your ear making the bad kind of shivers go down your spine and not the good kind.

"Now, we can't have you coming back to get her so it looks like I'll have to kill you all," he said casually.

"No!" You screamed trying to get out of his grip, you couldn't let that happen.

Time suddenly seemed to be moving in slow motion. A gunshot sounded and the man holding you went limp, you didn't have time to see why he had released you so you jumped onto the leader intent on killing your friends. You grabbed his arm and fell to the floor pulling him with you. His gun went soared out of his hands and skidded across the floor. He turned to look at you with fury in his eyes. His hands when straight to your throat and he began to squeeze.

You were scratching his hands, digging your nails as hard as you could into his hands in an effort to get him to release you. Your chest was burning at the lack of oxygen and your head felt like it was about to explode. There was another loud bang and the leader released you falling to the ground. You breathed in deeply rolling into your front and coughing violently.

"Y/n, are you alright?" The urgent voice of Jimin asked as he crouched down next to you. You nodded slowly and sat up feeling dizzy.

The group was gathering together, everyone seemed to be alright. Jungkook was staggering as quickly as he could towards you, he looked in pain, alive but in pain. The chaos and noise had shocked everyone and no one spoke for a moment.

Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung and Jin looked shaken but alright, Jimin had mysteriously appeared out of nowhere and saved the day. Hobi was wiping away some blood off his cut lip. Jungkook looked the worst. His face was bloody, a bruise was beginning to swell on his cheekbone and the corner of his lip was cut. He didn't seem to care about his injuries however, he just looked at the red marks that covered your neck and your ankle.

"We can't stay here," Namjoon stated looking around clearly still shaken from the attack, "Let's go and find somewhere for the night."

I guess that's the worst thing that could happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 3.6K 62
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "And yet you sit on it, like it is a perfect fit. And...
923 167 31
Heartbreak, separation, SHATTERED... Betrayed, broken trust, SHATTERED.. It's not merely a fight, but rather a war against something that should ne...
252K 8.1K 37
[COMPLETED] I entered the club and after minutes of searching for Jungkook, I finally found him drinking at the bar, alone. I pulled up my mask to...
18.9K 803 32
My breath hitched. I wasn't expecting this. How did this happen? "...i promised not to hurt you and to protect you but... i'm sorry i have to do thi...