There's Us - LXC x JC fanfic

HaiRyuuKi által

(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng an... Több

Change
Sympathy
Attention
Lesson
Confrontation

Different

10.4K 284 135
HaiRyuuKi által

Yunmeng – Lotus Pier.

Jiang Cheng stretched his limbs after he finished signing the last document he had today. He looked outside when her heard the birds chirping. He saw it was perched on the edge of the roof. His eyes went wide when he saw it fell. He jumped outside and reached his hands out, catching it as it falls in his palm. "Ah – " he said and frowned when his back his the floor, his shoulder and up is out of the floor. He peeked and sighed, relieved, when he saw his hair is tied in a bun. His hair and the purple ribbon wouldn't touch the lake water which is just right below the back of his head. He blew out air as he sat up, the bird on his palm. "You're troublesome." He frowned as he let the bird fly. Earlier he saw its wing is bent when it tried to fly. Now, it seemed like it fixed itself. He watched as the bird happily flew away, chirping again. "Falling, huh...?" he muttered as he stood up. It's really great to fall, but only to the right people. He thought as he fixed his clothes. However, it's best to fall if there's someone to catch you... he thought, his eyes became dim. More so when you were not prepared, love will strike you making you fall... and when you were prepared... he lowered his head. "I hope I'm like that bird... able to fly when it finally fixed itself... however – " He turned around when the wind blew. He felt the ribbon tying his hair loosened, until it was blown away by the wind. His long black hair gracefully fell on his back like a splash of ink, painting a beautiful but lonely back of the figure on purple robes. " – no matter how I fix myself... the pain is still there... making me unable to fly... making me unable – " he closed his eyes.

His tears fell together with the last strand of his hair.

Few days ago...

"Jiang Cheng! Jiang Cheng!!!" a loud and, obviously annoying, voice called.

A vein automatically popped on Jiang Cheng's head. He has mountains of papers to be done – considering there're two sects, and great sects at that, he is managing. "What?" he snapped when he saw Wei Wuxian entered his office. "If you're just entering, then enter quietly. Who would know if I am doing something so sensitive and critical – " he said, referring to important documents.

" – like reaching a climax - ?" Wei Wuxian asked as he stopped in front of him.

Another vein popped in Jiang Cheng's forehead as he glared at Wei Wuxian. His eyes narrowed as the Zidian ring sparked. "No. Like I'm about to pull the guts of an annoying but dense person – " he said as he smirked, pissed. Wei Wuxian's existence already irritates him. Him breathing irritates him more. Him speaking irritates him the most. But what took it all is that Wei Wuxian looked so innocent despite the words coming out of his mouth!

"Oh. Is that so?" Wei Wuxian just said as he sat across Jiang Cheng.

See? Jiang Cheng thought, his eye and the corner of his lips twitching as he holds back not to stab the guy. "Why the hell are you here?" he asked him and frowned as he continued his work. "Ah Ling's not here, if that's what you – "

Wei Wuxian cut him off, waving his hand. "Ah, no, no. I know Ah Ling is not here. He and the GusuLan juniors went for a trip with Wen Ning - ." He said, then stopped when he saw Jiang Cheng's dark aura. "Ahahahaha. I am here to ask you something." He said, immediately changing the subject.

Jiang Cheng calmed down. He knows the 'damage' has been done so no use fussing over it. He'll deal the 'damage' after. "What?" he asked.

Wei Wuxian put down the liquor on the table. He leaned his elbow on the table, then put his cheek on his palm. He sighed. "Lan Zhan told me not to use resentful energy anymore." He said, pouting.

"Coz you shouldn't." Jiang Cheng flatly said.

Wei Wuxian hissed at him, frowning. "I don't want to, too, since I never wanted to use this from the start..." he said, then stopped. "Anyway, I wanted to help Lan Zhan deal with a fierce corpse they recently caught. It has the same amount of resentful energy like Chifeng-zun before. However, Lan Zhan got mad at me. He told me to wait for him in the jingshi. I was upset. I only wanted to help. And so, I went here." He explained, pouting.

Jiang Cheng's brow twitched, starting to get pissed. "You're not asking me to help you with your marital problems... right?" he said and smirked, but mocking since he's pissed.

Wei Wuxian immediately sat straight. "Of course not. You are single – " he said, then stopped when Jiang Cheng glared at him. He cleared his throat. "I want you to help them deal with the corpse." He answered, his face serious.

Jiang Cheng's brows raised. "Why would I do that?" he asked. "I am a busy person. I can't move just because you asked me. I am a sect leader, if you forgot that." His eyes narrowed. "I can help them if they asked me themselves, and officially." He explained, then pushed Wei Wuxian's elbow off his desk. "Even if the fierce corpse is that bad, don't they have many talents?" he asked.

"They are doing their best." Wei Wuxian defended. "Lan Zhan, old Lan and even Zewu-jun." he said, then paused. "After Zewu-jun went out of his seclusion, his power... decreased. Lan Zhan is even better than him now." He said, his face sad.

Jiang Cheng frowned. "I don't care about their sect's problem. I have my problems, too." He said, his frown got deeper when he looked at the stack of papers around him.

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian called, his hands on the desk. "Please. I ask you just this once. Even if I am not Lan, I still wanted to help Lan Zhan. I don't want Lan Zhan to be hurt." He said, his voice firm and his eyes determined.

Jiang Cheng stared back at him. Right... he thought. The reason why his clan fell is because of Wei Wuxian helping Lan Wangji back then. Back then... he thought, his face went serious. Wei Wuxian already have fallen in love with Lan Wangji. While me... he thought, he lowered his gaze as he contemplated. What was I doing before...? He thought, then closed his eyes. "Fine." He said and looked at Wei Wuxian. He loves Lan Wangji enough to challenge the world. Same with Lan Wangji... how about me? When can I... he thought, then pushed out the thoughts from his head. "When do we leave?" he asked.

"Great!" Wei Wuxian said and immediately stood up. His face lit up. "We leave now!" he answered.

"Oh." Jiang Cheng said, still immersed in his thoughts. "... wait, what?" he asked and looked at Wei Wuxian.

However, Wei Wuxian just pulled him. Jiang Cheng sighed, then looked at Wei Wuxian as he let him pull him. This... likes before. He thought, remembered this scene from the past. ... won't I regret this? He thought and frowned, remembered the times Wei Wuxian also dragged him to his adventures. He kicked the worry off his heart as they head to Gusu.

Nothing will happen this time... right?

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

Lan Xichen hissed when he felt the scratch on his cheek. He wiped he blood with his finger. He turned when he heard Lan Qiren coughed, blood trickling from his mouth. He's holding his chest as Lan Wangji – who had no trace of wound, helped Lan Qiren up. The other seniors are still lying on the floor, half-unconscious. They are inside the mingshi. Earlier, they tried Inquiry to the corpse but to no avail. Its resentment is too strong, and so they could only give up when most of the seniors collapsed.

He touched his cheek that was cut. "Brother." Lan Wangji called when Lan Qiren is now standing straight, but still he's holding his chest. "What do we do?" he asked.

He didn't answer, since he doesn't know what to answer. Even now they all joined their strength, but they could only barely restrain the corpse. This is the first time this has happened. "I – " he said, his face solemn. But, before he could say "I don't know.", the door of the mingshi burst open.

Their eyes went wide and they all turned looking to the trespasser. But, it was no trespasser since Wei Wuxian is now part of their clan. "Lan Zhan! Ah. Senior Lan, Zewu-jun." Wei Wuxian said and respectfully bowed.

As expected, Lan Qiren's face soured as he looked at Wei Wuxian. "Wei Wuxian! What're y - !" he said and coughed as he held his chest tight. Lan Xichen immediately walked towards him as he and Lan Wangji supported their uncle.

"Oh. I – " he said, then turned. "Hey! Come here! I have to close the mingshi now, or the resentful energy would escape – " he said as he pulled someone from the outside, then closed the door.

"Wai – "

The doors closed with a loud thud. A deafening silence fell upon them all as they looked at the person with Wei Wuxian. A vein popped in Jiang Cheng's forehead, suddenly felt unease of the Lan clan's stare at him. He raised his hand and smacked Wei Wuxian's head loudly. "You - !" he said, gritting his teeth as he glared at Wei Wuxian who rubbed his head.

"Young master Wei." Lan Xichen finally broke the silence that fell upon them. "Why..." he said, then looked at Jiang Cheng who's in a bad mood.

"Zewu-jun, let me explain!" Wei Wuxian immediately said and bowed. "I only wanted to help dealing with the corpse." He said. "I saw you were having a hard time dealing with the corpse, so I asked Jiang Cheng – I mean, sect leader Jiang's help." He said and bowed.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji said, then sighed. He walked towards Wei Wuxian and hugged him.

"Lan Zhan, you were not hurt, are you?" Wei Wuxian asked as he checked his husband for wounds.

"No." Lan Wangji said.

Lan Qiren's face turned pale in anger, his chest still hurting after he was struck with the resentful energy earlier. "Xichen." He called. "We're already at a dead end, anyway, so let's take their help." He told him.

"Yes." Lan Xichen answered and bowed. Lan Qiren walked towards the door and it opened. He silently went out. Lan Xichen looked at Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, then turned to Jiang Cheng who's curiously looking around. "Sect leader Jiang." He called and bowed. "Thank you in advance." He told him.

Jiang Cheng looked at him, then the cut on Lan Xichen's cheek. Seems like they really are having a hard time. He thought and just nodded. "Yeah." He just said and turned when the door of the mingshi opened and the junior disciples went in, helping the seniors of the sect who are lying on the ground. Just how much is the resentment of the corpse...? He thought.

"Wangji. Let us take them outside first." Lan Xichen told his brother.

"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded as he held Wei Wuxian's hand and took him outside.

Lan Xichen was about to raise his hand when he stopped. ... what am I doing...? He thought and looked at his hand. He balled his fists under his sleeve. "This way, sect leader Jiang." He said and motioned the door. Jiang Cheng just nodded and followed Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. Lan Xichen sighed, relieved, as he looked at his hand. It's shaking. What is wrong with me...? He thought as he closed his eyes.

He took a deep breath and went out.

Library Pavilion.

"No!" Lan Wangji said, his eyes narrowed as he looked at Wei Wuxian. He held his hand tight.

Wei Wuxian, though, is surprisingly calm. "Empathy is the only thing we can do. No one here can do it, except me." he said. "We have Jiang Cheng here. The YunmengJiang's bell can call me back. And the chance is higher since it's Jiang Cheng himself who'll be beckoning my soul." He explained.

Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng looked at the married couple. The two are reversed right now. Lan Wangji who's always calm couldn't keep his calm, while Wei Wuxian is surprisingly rational right now. Seems like... they are fighting for the first time. Lan Wangji is understandable. He lost Wei Wuxian once, and he can't bear it if he'll lose him again this time. Who knows what he'll do. Wei Wuxian only wants to do everything he can for Lan Wangji since he never had the chance to show his appreciation to the guy before.

Jiang Cheng sighed as he walked towards them. "It can be anyone, not only you, Wei Wuxian." He told Wei Wuxian. "I can do Empathy, and you beckon my soul. Sound fair?" he asked as he crossed his arms, looking at the two.

"Jiang Cheng..." Wei Wuxian said and looked at him, his eyes full of gratitude.

Jiang Cheng sighed. Even him, he doesn't want to lose Wei Wuxian again. "Then, this is settled – " he said.

"No." Lan Xichen said. They all looked at him. "Let me do the Empathy." He said, his face serious.

However, the next that happened shocked them. "No." Jiang Cheng said. "You can never do Empathy." He told him.

(A/N: pft. Sorry for this late update, guys. XD my head hurt last night, i have no appetite for dinner and so i slept early, only to wake up with my head feeling heavy. 😐😐😐)

To be continued. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.6M 67.9K 182
Lan Wangji felt tingles and happiness when he first saw the soulmark on his wrist. He was finally going to find his soulmate, he was going to find hi...
70.5K 4.6K 29
With his Shijie is gone, the Wen remnant is gone, the whole cultivation world is going against him..... Wei Wuxian won't forgive anyone. Wei Wuxian...
49.7K 2.6K 28
Wei Wuxian's best friend, Lan Xichen's twin brother, Lan Wangji has always shown signs of hate towards Wei Wuxian. But why is Lan Wangji being nicer...
105K 4.4K 15
Summary: Lan Xichen met a youth full of determination and justice. He was attracted at the first sight. He fell in love at the second sight. And so...