His Last Hope

Av lonely-nerd

Peter Parker, an orphan who's been in the system since he was 3 years old, he's now 15 and has no hope of fin... Mer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
New book
And another one

18

2.9K 110 58
Av lonely-nerd

Peter lay in bed for hours staring at the ceiling no matter how much he tried he couldn't sleep. He got out of bed and climbed out his window up to the roof like he used to do all the time.

He knew Tony would be in the lab and Steve would be asleep, that's usually what happened. He knew he could go down with Tony but he wanted to be alone for as long as he could, until Tony found out where he was and came looking for him.

Which didn't take long after about ten minutes Peter felt his presence behind him, he turned around and Tony was walking towards him.

"You alight, Pete?" Tony asked sitting next to him.

"Yeah," he said still looking at the sky wishing there were stars.

"Can't sleep?" Tony asked.

"No but it's fine don't worry about it," Peter said still not looking at him.

"Nightmares again? You still getting them?"

"I just couldn't sleep," Peter snapped.

"Okay, how about instead of sitting up here all night you help me down in the lab?" He asked with a smile.

"What are you working on?"

"You'll see," he said standing up and holding a hand out for Peter.

Once Tony and Peter were down in the lab he saw a suit standing in front of him different from Tony's usual ones he soon realised that there was a spider on the front.

"Wait is this for me?"

"Well yeah isn't gonna fit me kiddo and you can't be SpiderMan in that onesie you were wearing."

"It wasn't a onesie."

"Looked like it," he said with a smile.

"Well it's the best I could do, but this is so awesome," he said walking over to see it properly.

"You wanna try it on?"

"Really? Yes!" Peter said excitedly.

Tony took it off the stand and handed it to Peter who walked into the other room to change, he just sat on the couch and waited.

Peter put the suit on and was really baggy on him he just walked out the room to see Tony look up and laugh.

"Uhh it's a little big," Peter said confused since it looked smaller when he first saw it.

"Hit the spider on your chest," he said with a smile on his face.

"Oh that's so cool," Peter said after hitting his chest as it suddenly shrunk to fit him.

"So you like it?"

"Yeah, this is great. Thanks dad," Peter said walking over and hugging Tony.

"No problem kiddo," he said hugging him back.

"What about the web shooters?" Peter asked after pulling away from the hug and realising they weren't there.

"There's still work to be done just needed to make sure it fit."

Peter just nodded and went to get changed back into his pyjamas. He handed Tony the suit back and sat on the couch that Tony had been on.

"Can I stay down here for a little bit?" He asked bringing his legs up and crossing them.

"Yeah, I could use the company," Tony said knowing why Peter really wanted to stay down with him.

Tony hadn't heard from Peter in a while he turned around to see him asleep on the couch, Tony got up and picked up the blanket that was on the back of the couch and threw it over him.

He started tucking him in when he noticed his sleeve was rolled up a little from when he had be turning in his sleep. He turned his wrist round a little and saw fresh cuts.

"Oh Pete," he sighed as he tucked him in to keep him warm, "love you kid," he said as he kissed his forehead.

Peter just tucked himself in more as Tony went back to what he was doing.

Tony was almost finished installing a new Al in Peter's suit when he started yawning.

"Sir, it's 3:30 in the morning. You haven't slept in almost 27 hours," Friday announced.

"I should get some sleep," Tony said trying to convince himself.

After a couple minutes after he finished what he was doing he started clearing everything away and thought about waking Peter up. He just pulled the blanket back over him since he had moved around so much that it wasn't covering him anymore.

Tony could see him start to wake up and tried to leave quietly so he wouldn't.

"Wait! Don't go," Peter said still half asleep.

"I'm here, don't worry," Tony said walking back over cursing himself silently. "You okay kiddo?" He crouched down next to the couch.

"I don't wanna be alone," Peter said with tears forming in his eyes.

"You wanna come sleep in with me and Steve?"

"Will pops mind?" He asked worrying that he won't like it.

"He won't mind," Tony said with a smile, "come on," he said as Peter got off the couch and followed Tony into his and Steve's room, "get in I just gotta change."

Peter done what Tony said and got into his bed lying on his back in the middle. A couple minutes later Tony got in, Peter just moved closer and cuddled into his side.

"I'm sorry," Peter whispered causing Tony to look down looking confused.

"What for?" He whispered back.

"I know you saw my arm, you weren't meant to but I know you did."

"I'm not mad, just talk to me next time, okay?" He asked putting his arm around his son.

"I'll try," Peter whispered as he started to fall asleep, "love you too dad."

"Were you even asleep," Tony said with a smile.

"Mostly," he mumbled as he went to sleep.

"G'night kid," Tony whispered before gently kissing the top of his head.

••

Steve woke up confused to why he was getting pushed out the bed since Tony doesn't usually starfish. He turned to see Peter lying diagonally in the middle. He just got out of bed smiling and got ready for his run being as quiet as he could so he didn't wake up Peter.

He looked back before leaving the room seeing them both still asleep made him smile again. As he started running he wondered if he'd see Sam like he used to but he hadn't in a while.

He soon saw that he was starting to catch up to him and knew that he had to. "On your left," he shouted to him as he ran past, hearing him laugh behind him.

Peter was getting ready, getting his sweatshirt and jeans on followed by his shoes before packing a couple things in his bag for the couple days they were staying at the tower.

He put his bag on his back, grabbed his phone and ran done to where his dads were waiting for him.

"Your ready?" Tony asked who looked like he was being to get bored waiting.

"Yeah," Peter said before they left the house locking the door behind them and getting in the car.

"You remembered your tablets this morning right?" Steve asked as they pulled out onto the road.

"Yeah, got the ones for the next couple days as well."

"So Pete I brought your new suit, me and Bruce are gonna work on it if you wanna join, it might be helpful."

"Sure, that sounds good," Peter said as he was untangling his headphone cable before putting them in his ears and plugging it into his phone and pressing play.

"Wonder if he can still here us," Tony said to Steve since they could both hear his music.

"Yeah I can," Peter said from the back of the car looking out the window.

"I think he can," Steve said with a smile.

"Show off," Tony said causing Steve and Peter to laugh.

Once they got to the tower the rest of the avengers and Clint were happy to see them but mostly they were happy to see Peter.

"Brucie, I got the suit. You still wanting to help?" Tony asked as Bruce walked in the room.

"Yeah, bring it down."

"Pete why don't you put your bag in your room and maybe spend a little time with everyone before coming down?"

"Yeah okay," Peter said with a small smile before leaving the room heading up the stairs to his room.

He opened the door and felt panicked, he remembered everything that he'd forgotten about that afternoon. He quickly threw his bag down and closed the door before jogging back down the stairs like nothing just happened.

The first person he saw was Natasha who was alone sitting by the window looking out. Peter walked over and sat beside her.

"Hi," he said awkwardly looking out the window as well.

"Hey, kiddo. I'm glad your alright," she said looking at him waiting for him to do the same and smiled.

"Thanks," he said slowly with a small fake smile before looking back out the window.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me," she said firmly.

"It doesn't matter, okay? I'm gonna go help Bruce and my dad," Peter said standing up seeing the worry on her face before walking away into the lab.

"Hey kid, you talk to anyone we've only been down here for like a minute?"

"You've been here for like five minutes but you were close," Peter said with a smile before sitting in the seat next to them.

"Alright smart ass, did you talk to talk to anyone or were you just alone in your room like usual when your here?"

"I spoke to Natasha. So what's going on with the suit?"

"It's done, I just wanted to see it," Bruce said handing it to him, "give it a go."

"Alright I'll be back," Peter said leaving the room with them both who waited in on the couch with everyone else while he headed to his room to change.

Once Peter had changed into the suit he left the room and ran down the stairs to see them all waiting for him.

"Looks good, kid," Clint said from the back of the room who was now sitting with Natasha.

"Yeah it does, how does it feel?" Tony asked who was sitting between Steve and Bruce.

"Feels...it feels good...thanks, this is umm..this is great. Thank you..dad..really....this is awesome," Peter stuttered causing them all to smile.

"Good I'm glad, get your mask we're going out," Tony said as he jumped up about to call his suit.

"Wait what?"

"How else are we meant to test it out?"

"Holy shit, really?"

"Ohh Steve, Pete said a bad word," Natasha said laughing in from the corner of the room.

"I'm never gonna live they down am I?" He asked looking over the couch to see her shaking her head no and turned back to see Peter laughing. "Go. Have fun Pete, but don't get yourself killed."

Peter just ran up the stairs and got his mask that was sitting on his bad and put it over his head.

"Good afternoon, Peter," a voice said coming from the suit.

"Oh shit. Uhh hi?"

He heard Tony laughing from the hall before walking in the room, "you got an AI in your suit by the way, forgot to mention."

"I noticed, we gonna go?" Peter asked before Tony walked out the room. Peter guessed that was a yes and followed him up to the roof.

"Let's go," he said as he called his suit and jumped.

"Thanks for waiting," Peter said to himself before jumping and swinging from the building closest trying to find Tony again who Peter could no longer see. "Where the hell did he go? Hey suit lady do you know where Tony went?"

"On the building to your left," she said and Peter looked and saw him just watching, "incoming call from Tony Stark."

"Answer it," Peter said not really sure if that's how it was done.

"Hey kid, you look like your having fun. Go..do your thing I'll see you back at the tower. Call me if you need me," Tony said before hanging up.

Peter watched as he flew away, he just kept swinging. He forgot how it felt, he missed that feeling. And for the first time in a long time he felt free.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

171K 5.1K 27
Peter had been in a bad place for a while but how long until he gives up his fake smile that everyone believes? Can he be saved in time? Is there ano...
605K 25.9K 39
[#1 in "depression" ~ 07/13/19] Peter Parker is the most ordinary kid in New York city. At least that's what everybody thinks. Instead of playing vid...
339K 12.8K 36
Dante is a painter. He is a young nobleman who has everything the gods can offer. He has fame, status, money and a beautiful fiancée. He has nothing...
7.6K 206 12
"W-what are you doing?"-KTH "Making love to you, babyboy." -JJK Taekook oneshots~obsession~smut~fluff~manipulation My book got deleted so I'm uploadi...