Better With Revenge

由 eternalshadow

What if the thread you're holding on to finally breaks? What if you had enough? What if you just can't take i... 更多

1st Revenge
2nd Revenge
3rd Revenge
4th Revenge
5th Revenge
author's note
6th Revenge
7th Revenge
8th Revenge
9th Revenge
10th Revenge
11th Revenge
12th Revenge
13th Revenge
14th Revenge
15th Revenge
16th Revenge
17th Revenge
19th Revenge
20th Revenge
21st Revenge

18th Revenge

8.8K 283 41
由 eternalshadow

18th Revenge

Song of the Chapter - The Monster by Rihanna 

~~~~~~~~~~

Romeon POV

Am I going crazy right now? Am I hearing things? Did he say what I really wanted to hear all these years? Disregarding the fact that she is still in the grasp of hunters, is she really back? 

"A-are you sure it's her?" I asked, trying to get him to stay concious. Sweat was trickling down my forehead, waiting for his confirmation. 

Due to his injuries, he didn't stay awake much, leaving my question unanswered. Though, I can't really say they were  unanswered. I just wanted him to say those words again, to let myself know I wasn't dreaming. To let it sink in that my sister was really alive for all those years.

I let him go and let the medical wolves handle him. I panned to Edina and her watery eyes told me she was thinking the same as me.

Julie was back.

The girl we kept looking for was back. And even though I had no idea why they would bring my sister when they were attacking my pack,  I felt some relief. The fact that she was alive was all that mattered to us right now.

Another loud explosion blasted through the air, this time closer. The birds flew and everyone ducked for cover. The explosions they were setting off were torture to our ears. It was different from bomb explosions that we had in the past. This time, they were like blood curdling screams.  It took all my might to even keep my eyes open. It was even harder for the other wolves in the vicinity. They were curled up on the ground with the exception of my pack's best fighters, me and Edina. 

It didn't show much but Edina was having an internal struggle with herself. She wasn't planning on giving in to whatever was making everyone be like this, but it was clearly taking a toll on her. 

[Romeon, it's the smoke.] Noir said. 

[The smoke?]

[Yes. Our land is filled of trees which, when burned, are very poisonous to our immune system. The smell makes us delusional. Making us think there are things that aren't even there. We don't notice this because it only has a full effect on us when on  fire.]

[Remember the time we went hunting, one of our fighters cut open a tree and let some of its sap oozed out?  He felt sick when we got back. We should get them far away from those trees and let Dr. Udyr treat them. I know you can get sick for a week just by sniffing its sap, I have no idea what the aftermath would be with all of us inhaling this smoke.]

When he finished explaining someone suddenly let out a scream and writhed on the ground.

Noir was right. It's dangerous here. 

"Get everyone to the safe house!" I ordered. "The ones who can still stand, help the others walk! Tell Udyr the situation and those who are still healthy, bring gas masks when you go back. Hurry!" 

At my order, they all dispersed, not leaving anyone behind. I took my own wife in my arms and ran towards the safe house. It was underground,  in case we needed to escape threats. I saw one of my pack members help Edina but she refused. That girl was as stubborn as her good for nothing cousin. 

--

I laid my wife on a spare bed while all the medics were running around giving the antidote. Dr. Udyr was busy in his lab, creating more in case we need it later. 

"Alpha!" Someone came in rushing from the outside. I held up my hand to  tell them to  keep it down. I don't want them disturbing the rest of the sick.

They responded with a simple nod. 

"Arthure, Martyn, how's the situation?" I asked quietly, trying not to wake my sleeping wife. 

"Everyone in our pack has now been evacuated and the fires were extinguished. Our recon was trying to look for clues on where the suspects might have gone but they found nothing but this."

 Martyn looked into his bag and pulled out something in a plastic bag.  

It was a pink carnation, burned on the sides but still as fresh as a flower can look. 

"This was found in the middle of the fire. It is a mystery to us how it didn't get burned to a crisp considering it was in the middle of everything but only the sides of the petals were."

I took the flower from him and studied its features. It still looked fresh. No signs of it being in the middle of a burning field. Flowers don't normally withstand fire. What makes this so special? 

"It's a message." Edina came from behind Arthure and took the flower from me. Her eyes were red from all the smoke but she still had the composure of a regal lady. She was well trained and this kind of thing would make my devil of a grandfather proud. 

Her dark hair was dishiveled, her clothes a bit torn but the way she carried herself made no difference on how she always was. Arthure took a step back and I saw the admiration in his eyes. 

He was surely smitten by Edina but he can't express his feelings much. Aside from the fact that he is an idiot, Edina also has a mate, much to his dismay. I guess, him being human adds insult to injury. 

I'm wondering what kind of mate Arthure will have?

"What do you mean a message Miss Arden?" Martyn asked, leading us three outside so that we can talk more freely. We moved into an empty room and I took a seat. Arthure offered Edina a seat and she obliged. This must be making Arthure so happy. 

"Well, continue Edina."

She turned to me and showed us the flower again. "In my pack, women of the Alpha line need to study different flora in order to retain their status. One of my assignments was to identify what a flower could mean in certain occasions."

She examined the flower again. "Based from what I have learned,a pink carnation means I'll never forget you during a funeral, but I would call it a stretch because... " 

"A funeral? Well nobody died today so who are they addressing this to?" Arthure's slow self has come out again. Martyn looked like he wanted to knock some sense into him but before that I just explained it. 

"It means someone is planning our funeral. They want to kill us Arthure." 

The moment those words slipped out, I was sure I felt a cold breeze flow past us. I was getting goosebumps and I knew something was not right in the world. 

And as if on cue, another explosion set off, this time it was closer than before. 

---

"Get everybody out of here now!" 

Many were running away from the source of the explosion. There's a good chance that they won't scare us again. This time they might decide to completely annihilate us. And I won't let that happen. We were frantic into getting everyone to another safe place. Whoever was attacking us were very quick. They managed to find us in a matter of minutes.

"Alpha Capp, Naranja told me there are 2 beings outside which are not from your pack. By their aura, it seems they are hunters." A shiver ran down my spine. Hunters, why does it have to be them? 

"In  my opinion, they are either making this serve as a warning for us or they are making a death wish." Edina, spoke quickly, afraid the information  might not be delivered.

Another explosion made her, without fail, transform into her wolf. The orange haired wolf that mesmerizes all the wolves who haven't found their mate yet appeared before us and like the stories, the wolves were enticed by her. 

I had to pull an Alpha order for them to stop being enticed and help with the evacuation plan. 

With Martyn and Arthure by our side, both Edina and I ran to investigate. We were more than enough to face off two hunters. Heck, even only Arthure could finish them off. They should not underestimate my pack. 

 --

When we were sure everyone was out of dangerous waters, other than me, they changed into their wolves, their guards high up. 

We traced the explosions back to one of the large houses in my pack. If my memory is true, this would be the house of Martyn and his family. I looked at him and his eyes showed no sign of worry. A true warrior Martyn is. 

The door was completely gone, only reduced to ashes by the explosion. No signs of the perpetrators. The only thing left was another pink carnation,  more burned than before. 

 We surveyed the area by duo, Me and Edina and the other two together, trying to look for any other clue that might point towards the suspects. 

"How fast can those hunters go?" We were about to retreat when Noir told me to move out of the way.  I heard a click from somewhere. 

"Heads up!" An unfamiliar voice called out. From the corner of my eye, I saw a grenade fly towards us. 

I  pushed Edina out of the way before it landed and exploded but in return I faced the explosion head on.

It only managed to wound my left leg. Good thing those two, Arthure and Martyn,  had a bit of distance from us or else they would have been caught in that explosion. 

"Alpha are you alright?" I couldn't tell who was who from all the smoke in the air but I knew they were my allies. The grenade they threw was also just a normal grenade so I had no worries of any after effects it could have on us. 

"Yeah Alpha, are you alright? I prefer if you weren't though." 

The smoke was still up  but I noticed three figures from afar. Arthure, Martyn and Edina were already with me meaning those were our enemies, the hunters. But three? I thought there were only two hunters present? Ugh, nevermind how many they are. I will eliminate them all, no matter their number. 

I tried to stand but my left leg didn't react at all. The damage I took was more than I thought. 

"Aww, is Alpha Capp becoming incompetent? I thought I'd never see that day..." I stiffened, feeling chills down my spine. More than what was said, it was the voice that made me unable to move. 

Noir even froze inside me. This voice ... 

Was this a new tactic? Were they playing mind games with me!? 

"Who are you!?" I shouted. No one answered. 

"Why are you impersonating my sister's voice!?" 

I heard someone stifle a laugh. The sound was so nostalgic that it made me grow weak. 

"I would never impersonate my own voice Alpha Capp. Or should I say, dear twin brother Rom." 

The smoke was finally clearing up and there, sitting on top of one of the drawers, beside a man wearing a face mask and a woman whose hair was as red as a flame, was someone I knew far too well to not recognize. 

Despite her black hair, cocky smile and overall new appearance, I knew who she was and she was the person I was looking for all these years. 

"Ju..Julie." 

Her smile broadened. "Ciaossu.."

--

Hello! Sorry for the very very very late upload! School  has been a bother and I need to keep my grades up. I have edited this already but I'm sure i missed so many things,  but whatever. Please tell me in the comments if you find any grammatical errors and I'll edit them. Thanks! 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

767K 16.8K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
170K 4.4K 26
If you enjoy this story please check out my rewritten version on my profile. Landon stood up and pressed Lyla against the wall so she couldn't escap...
24.7K 644 15
Scarlet Montgomery lived her life as the pack slave. She was left Omega after her parents ditched her to become rogues. She is constantly tormented n...
6.9M 190K 37
You know how in every story, the girl gets rejected and tries to make her Alpha mate all jealous with another dude and in the end her and her Alpha m...