YOUTH. | JK | COMPLETE

Par hoseoksheartbeat

a soulmate au in which people stop aging at the age of 18 until they meet their soulmate so they can grow old... Plus

prologue
playlist.
first love
trying
uwuwuwu
urban dictionary
nightmare
the club
busan
2.5 friends
five more minutes
hoseok
officially alone
bail
what you are, not who you are
pinkie promise
silver linings
wait
let go
sleep
i'm one, too
shards
taehyung
it's nothing
love
contacts
too perfect
punishment
drained
author's note.

only friend

19.9K 1.2K 703
Par hoseoksheartbeat

I'M LONELY
LUZ

Why don't we talk?
Oh, I'm lonely, I'm lonely
Oh, please can you hold me?

"Good morning, and welcome to the EatJin Café, how may I help you?" Jeongguk greets the new customers that enter the cafe. Before they can tell him their orders, he yawns uncontrollably. His hectic sleeping habits were bad for him before, but now, with the added distraction of talking to Haneul, who is always leaving for work or getting home from work conveniently around the time Jeongguk has his nightmare, he's even more exhausted during the day.

But Jeongguk wouldn't give up those conversations with Haneul had he a choice between an extra half hour of sleep and talking to her. She's smart, she's funny, and most of all, she's kind. She never judges him when he asks her stupid questions or speaks in the elaborate way that he does. In fact, she's told him she finds the fact that he does attractive, and that's all he can hope for. She's not Jimin, and as guilty as Jeongguk feels to admit it, he's okay with that.

It's been a month since they began talking, and they text every day. He knows he's lucky Haneul is outgoing, because he starts out timid in their conversations, the consistent nerves he feels speaking to her plaguing him at the beginning, but she loosens him up and brings out something in him that he hasn't seen in himself in a long time.

"Pardon me, what can I get for you?" Jeongguk asks the three men standing at the counter.

"We're actually just here to see someone, is the owner around?" The tallest man, wearing a beanie and sunglasses, informs Jeongguk.

"Sir?" Jeongguk calls and starts to retreat to the back to retrieve Seokjin, but at that precise moment, Seokjin comes racing around the corner, nearly knocking Jeongguk into the shelves of coffee mugs. Seokjin is someone with a naturally happy demeanor, but Jeongguk has never seen his boss this happy.

"Joonie!" Seokjin practically squeals, leaning across the counter to press a peck to the tallest man's lips. Jeongguk connects the dots at this. So this is Seokjin's infamous soulmate, the man who owns the bookstore across the street. Namjoon seemed cool and suave initially, but he blushes at Seokjin's extremely public display of affection. Nevertheless, he gently squeezes Seokjin's shoulders. Jeongguk smiles to himself witnessing it. Ah, young love. The first few decades after Jimin passed, Jeongguk was bitter, hardly able to look at young couples enjoying themselves without wallowing in self pity. But, it wore off, and now, Jeongguk appreciates it because he sees himself and Jimin in their love. In fact, he even reads those cheesy romance novels middle aged moms read.

"Wow, hello, Seokjin hyung. Fantastic to see you, too. I'm great, thanks for asking." The shortest man with minty colored hair says sourly. Seokjin shoots the man a sharp look and kisses Namjoon's cheek solely to irritate the mint haired man. This proves to be fruitful, for the man scowls and sends Seokjin a gesture with a particular finger.

"Don't get butthurt, Yoongle. They're in love." The red haired man next to him says, slinging his arm around his shoulder. Yoongle, Jeongguk thinks to himself, that's an interesting name. The mint haired man, Yoongle, clenches his jaw.

"10...9...8..." Yoongle suddenly begins to count down calmly, but from how fast Hoseok retracts his arm, Jeongguk can tell that whatever happens when Yoongle reaches 0 is not good.

"We were just stopping by to doublecheck that we're still on for clubbing tonight." Namjoon ignores the other men's antics as he informs Seokjin. Seokjin grins, a knowing smile, and he practically has heart eyes. Jeongguk finds it adorable.

"I wouldn't miss it, but you could have just texted me to check." Seokjin reminds him, and the peachy flush returns to Namjoon's cheeks.

"Yeah, but seeing you in person is better." Namjoon mumbles shyly. Seokjin's eyes crinkle as he strokes Namjoon's cheek, a fond smile consuming his face.

"He uwu'd." Jeongguk gasps, never having really seen the personified version of an uwu. He said it much louder than he meant to, earning chuckles from Hoseok and Namjoon, even a smile from Yoongle. Seokjin, however, is looking at Jeongguk with a look that's different from amusement. Jeongguk knows that look—Seokjin has an idea.

"Hey, Jeongguk. Would you like to come clubbing with us tonight?" Seokjin asks, and Jeongguk's eyebrows shoot up in surprise. He knows he's making the face that Seokjin trademarked as Jeongshook, but he can't help it.

"I could not possibly intrude, sir." Jeongguk says softly, looking down at the ground, feeling shy. He could think of a million reasons he shouldn't go to the club with them, but the expression on Seokjin's face makes it clear that he won't accept no for an answer.

"You wouldn't be, I promise. We're really fun. You could use a little fun in your life, Jeongguk." Seokjin says, walking over to Jeongguk and patting his shoulder encouragingly. His boss knows that Jeongguk's life is basically one repetitive cycle: wake up in the middle of the night, go to work, close the shop, go to the grocery store, go home, cook dinner, and read a book until he's tired. Deep down, Jeongguk knows Seokjin is right, but he's still scared. He's never been to a club, let alone hung out with people before—well, not recently, anyway. "Please?" Seokjin adds, and Jeongguk knows he'll end up going whether he likes it or not.

"All right, I shall go, I suppose." Jeongguk says softly, and Seokjin smiles, turning to his friends and soulmate and giving them a big thumbs up.

"We'll be there."

•••

Haneul!

I apologize for interrupting you, but I have run into slightly pressing matters.

jeongguk!!! don't worry i'm on my dinner break

wow what kind of alternate universe is this

you texted me first, and with three exclamation points instead of one

this must be urgent

Mildly.

My boss invited me to go out with him and his companions tonight.

aw that sounds fun!

That is debatable.

oh dear

why

They are going to a club.

ooooo clubs are fun go get crunkkkkkkkk

I do not know what that means but I honestly do not want to know.

I have never been to a club before.

NEVER??? ARE YOU OF AGE???

Yes.

jeongGUK

THIS IS SACRILEGE

WHY HAVEN'T YOU GONE TO A CLUB

It doesn't matter.

I just need to know how to behave so I do not completely humiliate myself.

hold on hold on

jeongguk

why haven't you been? i feel like it matters more than you say it does

It is nothing.

no it's not, gukkie

you said it doesn't matter, not that it's nothing

you know you can talk to me right?

i care for you a lot, jeongguk

Haneul, please.

I do not have the time nor the patience to explain now, I need to concentrate on not losing my only friend and my potential friends.

Jeongguk feels guilty for snapping at her, but the one thing about Haneul that scares him a little is how curious she is. The answers to the questions that spark her curiosity the most are secrets he doesn't plan on airing anytime soon. He's not ready, he can't help it.

your only friend, huh?

okay. okay i'll give you some pointers.

drink a little but not too much, don't dance with any strangers or let anyone you don't know buy you drinks, stay near your friends and don't take any drugs anyone tries to hand you.

my break's over. bye jeongguk.

Jeongguk's heart clenches when he reads the final message. He fucked up, he knows he did. "Blast!" He curses under his breath, the anxiety of the night ahead of him and the conversation with Haneul gone wrong stressing him out beyond belief. Haneul doesn't deserve this. She's dealt with him for over a month, talked to him, made him laugh, helped him. And when the only thing she asks for in return is a bit of personal information, he can't make himself give it to her.

His phone lights up with a text from Seokjin.

Be there in 30.

Jeongguk sighs and stands up, walking to his closet. As bad as he feels, he doesn't have time for this right now.

ooop jeongukkieee whatchu doin boy

anyways have a lovely dayyy

edited 05/08/20

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

123K 3.7K 137
BTS Star and K-pop idol Jeon Jungkook has always wanted to meet his soulmate, fall in love, and have a fairytale ending. But not all dreams get to co...
185K 10.1K 38
Soulmate AU In a world where you are born with a black ink somewhere on your body that decolorizes only when your soulmate touches you after you're e...
11.1K 623 16
Kim Seokjin is almost in his thirties and still hasn't find his soulmate. While all of his family and friends are happy with their soulmates, Jin was...
143K 9.7K 32
soulmate au. a alternate universe in which everyone's eyes are a dull grey, the only persons eye colour you can see is your soulmates. when you make...