𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 · 𝘵𝘩�...

echostria tarafından

maybe one mistake was all it took for me to realize how feeble life truly is book 3 » the 100, season 3 Daha Fazla

𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 ♚ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟑
𝟑.𝟏
𝟑.𝟐
𝟑.𝟑
𝟑.𝟒
𝟑.𝟓
𝟑.𝟔
𝟑.𝟕
𝟑.𝟖
𝟑.𝟗
𝟑.𝟏𝟏
𝟑.𝟏𝟐
𝟑.𝟏𝟑
𝟑.𝟏𝟒
𝟑.𝟏𝟓
𝟑.𝟏𝟔
𝟑.𝟏𝟕
𝟑.𝟏𝟖
𝟑.𝟏𝟗
𝟑.𝟐𝟎
𝟑.𝟐𝟏
𝟑.𝟐𝟐
𝟑.𝟐𝟑
𝟑.𝟐𝟒
𝟑.𝟐𝟓
𝟑.𝟐𝟔
𝟑.𝟐𝟕
𝟑.𝟐𝟖
𝟑.𝟐𝟗
𝟑.𝟑𝟎

𝟑.𝟏𝟎

3.5K 124 73
echostria tarafından

──── 「JUSHEDA」 ────

     After talking with Octavia, we both made it back to Lexa's tent, only to be met with a new decision: blood would not have blood. I knew what they were trying to do but just because the Twelve Clan's army wouldn't retaliate against Arkadia, it wouldn't mean the end of the war; that war could only end with Pike's death. Since I was supposed to be dead myself, Sheda asked me to go back with him to Polis so that I could finally see how their life really was; Octavia agreed with him and promised to radio me if anything happened or if she needed me.

- "You'll be safer in Polis, Sam."

- "I don't want to be safe, I want to take Pike down."

- "We'll be in contact, I'll keep talking with Kane and, if anything changes, you'll be the first to know."

- "But..."

- "Sam, if anything happened and they saw you, Pike wouldn't let you get away this time and I'm not risking it, okay?"

- "Fine." –I sighed- "But promise me you'll be safe."

- "You too."

- "You are legit sending me out with a nanny," –I pointed at Sheda who was standing next to me- "what do you mean 'you too'?"

I laughed as Octavia shoved me back lightly before she started laughing with me. After saying goodbye to her, Sheda and I made our way to Lexa's tent to let her know I was coming with them and she agreed as Clarke was coming too. Sheda and I got on our horses and started to move back to Polis followed by the rest of the Grounders.

- "I have something for you." –Sheda looked at me.

- "I hope it's something nice or Selene and I are turning back." –I chuckled.

- "Here."

He made his horse move closer to Selene as he extended his arm in my direction with his fist closed, I let go of Selene's reins and placed both my hands under his fist; once he opened it, a braided strand of hair dropped into my hands and I recognized it immediately.

- "Ion."

- "Before we tucked his body, I cut a piece for each of us... I thought you'd like to have it."

- "Thank you, Sheda." -I closed my fist around it, facing Sheda with a small smile on my face, trying my hardest not to cry- "Really."

- "I can add it to your own hair once we are in Polis."

- "I'd love that." -a solitary tear fell down my cheek as I put away the braid inside my vest to keep it safe.

- "You're going to love it there, Sam." –Sheda spoke again after a moment of silence- "There are so many different people and everyone has something to offer."

- "Some good food would be nice to begin with if I'm honest."

- "That's the first thing we'll do." -he smiled- "And, since you're staying with us, we'll have more time to train."

- "You sure want to get your ass kicked."

- "It'll eventually happen... I'm training you to be better than me."

- "If that ever happens..." –I smiled- "...with whom will I train then, huh?"

- "Don't get ahead of yourself, Sam." –Sheda chuckled- "I still have a few tricks up my sleeve."

- "Oh, I'm sure you do."

Once we arrived at the city, it was settled that I was to stay with Sheda at his house instead of at the Tower with Clarke and Lexa. It wasn't really settled, I decided that myself after Sheda offered; I chose to stay with him because I felt more comfortable with him than surrounded by a bunch of guards at the Tower that only reminded me of my last days in Arkadia. Sheda's house was in one of the secondary streets of the city and it had a stable for his horse in which Selene was to stay. After we cooled and bathed our horses and made sure they both had enough water and food, Sheda chose to show me the city: the streets were packed with little stalls where the people were chatting, selling food, clothes, utensils... basically, anything you could ever need. This is so different from Arkadia...

- "Sheda! Yu laik bakon!" –a little girl came running towards us and jumped onto Sheda's arms. [Sheda! You're back!]

- "Sha, Lila."

- "Ai mema yu we, bro." [I miss you, brother.]

- "Ai seintaim." – [Me too] Sheda laughed as he put the girl back on the floor and squatted in front of her- "Disha ste ai lukot Sam." –he looked up at me and I smiled at her [This is my friend Sam].

- "Kom Skaikru?" –she took a step back as if she feared me.

- "Em slip daun kom skai, ba em laik Trikru nau." [She fell from the sky, but she is Trikru now].

- "I've heard things about you." –she spoke to me now and I squatted to be eye-level with her- "Are you here to hurt us?"

- "I only hurt bad people." –I smiled at her- "And there's no one bad here, but if you ever meet someone who is, come to me." –she nodded, satisfied with my answer- "Or if you are ever in trouble, alright?"

I winked at her and she chuckled; she nodded once more and then she moved next to Sheda and whispered something in his ear making him chuckle before she waved goodbye at us. I rose from the ground eyeing Sheda.

- "What?"

- "You were laughing, did she say something funny about me?"

- "She said she likes you."

- "Really?" –Sheda nodded at me- "Well, at least someone here does, look at me making friends now."

- "Not everyone here hates you."

- "I've seen the way they move from my way, I'm not blind."

- "Some fear you, some respect you... and some move out because you're coming with me." –he smiled cockily.

- "So you're pretty important here, huh?" –I raised an eyebrow at him.

- "We both are."

- "If you say so..." –my stomach started rumbling- "Where's the nice food you promised me?"

- "Follow me."

The next ten days went by so fast, I could barely believe I had been at Polis for so long. I spoke every day with Octavia and, even if things were not getting better, at least Pike seemed to be done with the killing. I still thought of everyone back in Arkadia every day, but I knew there was nothing I could do, yet. Sheda and I spent practically all the time together unless Lexa asked for any of us, but that only happened twice: once to ask him how I was settling, and the other to ask me what I thought of the city. We had each meal together, starting with breakfast at his house; then we'd get our horses out for some exercise and we'd train out of the city with all the weapons Sheda could think of, making me roll my eyes each time he chose a different one but that was just me trying to annoy him since I knew he only wanted me to be the best at everything so I followed along; after our morning training, we'd go back to Polis and take care of our horses before lunch; each day he took me to a different stall so I could try food from each clan and we'd decide then what to do with our afternoons; most times it was another training session and some others Lila -whom I learned was Sheda's younger sister and only family left- would come up to us and ask us to go for a walk with her or help her with some of her chores.

One day Lila even asked me for advice to fight someone bigger than her that was being mean; Sheda didn't like my antics but the next day Lila came to thank me because everything had worked out perfectly.

- "I told you she'd be okay." –I rubbed my success on Sheda's face once Lila left.

- "I didn't say she wouldn't be, I said my way was much more... politically correct."

- "Yeah, sometimes words don't do much." –I smiled- "She'll be fine."

- "How'd you know?"

- "Cause she reminds me of myself... and I turned out just fine."

Sheda shook his head pretending to be annoyed but I could see the corners of his mouth turning up into a smile. At that moment, Clarke's face appeared in the crowd as she looked around her until her eyes landed on me.

- "Sam, we need to talk."

- "Please, tell me nothing bad happened at Arkadia." –I immediately rose from the table I was sat at with Sheda.

- "Sheda, can you give us a moment?" –Sheda looked at me and agreed as I nodded at him- "Come with me."

I followed Clarke silently through the streets of Polis until we got to the tower and I couldn't hold it any longer.

- "Can you tell me what's going on?"

- "You have to see it."

- "See what, Clarke?" –I asked her as we walked towards the elevator.

- "Roan sent me a gift."

- "What?" –I stopped dead on my tracks- "I am so confused right now."

- "I need your opinion." –she entered the elevator.

- "My opinion on a gift from the Ice King? Now, this is unexpected." –I followed her inside, resting my back on the wall opposite to the door- "So... is this a gift to start an alliance with them? Or just because he likes you? Maybe it's for Wanheda. Hold up, tell me it's not a wedding gift."

- "A wedding gift?"

- "Yeah, isn't that a thing? When you get married don't you make a gift to your fiancé?"

- "Sam, I'm not getting married."

- "Good, cause that'd just be a mess."

- "Roan asked for you to see this too."

- "Does Roan even know who I am?"

- "Trust me, he does."

Once we got to the last level, Clarke got out first and made her way towards the throne room and, as she opened the door, I saw him: Emerson. I stood there, in front of the doors as everything started to make sense.

- "Samantha, what a pleasure to see you're still alive."

- "Yeah, it wouldn't be for lack of trying, trust me." –I stepped a little bit closer- "You're the reason Pike's doing all this right now; if you hadn't helped the Ice Queen, my people wouldn't be in danger."

- "In my plan, you weren't supposed to survive, that was a surprise for all of us."

- "The Queen should've sent someone more skilled then." –I put the gag back in his mouth before I turned to Clarke- "Why is he here and why is he still alive?"

- "Clarke has to decide his fate." –Titus entered the room- "He either dies or gets banished."

- "And why isn't he dead yet." –I eyed Clarke- "This is a pretty simple choice, Clarke."

- "It isn't."

- "Yes, it is. So either you kill him or I will." –I took out one of my knives.

- "Jusheda, no." –Titus approached me, stopping my hand and taking my knife away.

- "Jusheda? Is that supposed to be me?" –I turned to face him with a funny look.

- "Yes, it would be translated as 'The Commander of Blood', meaning you want blood, following our principle 'Jus drein, jus daun."

- "Threatening enough, I'll take it." -I smiled, pleased- "Why did you stop me?"

- "Although I agree with you, the choice is not yours to make." –he handed me back my knife- "He was delivered to Wanheda and she must be the one to choose his fate."

- "Why did you really bring me here, Clarke?" –I turned to her- "This is not my choice and, even if it pains me, I know you've already chosen or he'd be dead by now."

- "Roan wanted you to see him."

- "Why?"

- "I don't know but I wanted to know what you thought."

- "Jus drein jus daun." –I turned to leave- "But they'll do whatever you say, Clarke, everyone always does."

And with that, I left the throne room. I wished she hadn't asked me to come. I mean, what was the point? She tried to hide it but I'm sure she's already made up her mind... then what was the point? Making sure I saw him... for what? Although, if she banishes him and I just happen to find him while I'm going on a walk... No, this is ridiculous, dealing with Pike right now is enough. Whatever happens to Emerson, he had it coming.

The next day, the ambassadors of the Twelve Clans got together in the throne room alongside Lexa, Titus, and Clarke; Lexa invited me too since it was some type of celebration of her Ascension's Day anniversary so I accepted, staying at the very back of the room. That was the first time I saw the suitors destined to take Lexa's place when she passed away; it was no surprise they were all kids, but I still felt I could never follow them. Not that I have ever been good at taking orders but, taking them from a kid? Don't count me in.

As Lexa was speaking, the doors to the room opened, revealing a group of Grounders that claimed Titus had promised she'd listen to them that day. As they entered the room I saw Octavia, they were pulling her with them as a prisoner. Someone is going to regret the day they put a foot in this tower. As the leader, Semet, spoke to Lexa, I slowly moved to be directly behind them in case they tried something.

- "Wigod ai op hashta min klin ona disha presh sintaim, Heda. Ai laik Semet kom Trikru en ai kom op hashta raitnes." –Semet spoke before bowing in front of Lexa. [Forgive me for intruding on this holy day, Heda. I am Semet kom Trikru and I come seeking justice.]

- "Gouva yu klin." –Lexa addressed him, glancing at Octavia- "Chomouda yu don sis op Okteivia kom Skaikru gon honon?" [Explain yourself. Why do you hold Octavia kom Skaikru prisoner?]

- "Em laik honon kom wor, Heda, don ge lid hir na sin in kripon-de kom omon kru." [She is a prisoner of war, Heda, brought here to bear witness to the crimes of her people.]

Oh, great. What did Pike do now?

- "What crimes?" –Clarke moved from her place next to Lexa and towards Semet before addressing Titus- "What happened?"

- "Skaikru attacked their village... because their warriors were lost when your people massacred the army we had sent to protect you, their village was defenseless."

- "Beja, Heda. Ai beja yu daun. Goch osir klin." [Please, Heda. I beg you. Avenge us.]

After Semet spoke, the Grounders he had come with started chanting for blood, for the death of Skaikru, although I wasn't sure if they wanted every Skaikru dead or just the majority.

- "Yu na spek daun ona disha wogeda!" –Titus rose his voice, ending the cheering among the Grounders. [You will show respect in this chamber!]

After that, Lexa left with Titus for a moment, probably to scold him for letting this happen and because she needed to make a decision. I stood still in my spot seeing as Clarke was keeping an eye on Octavia and I was certain they wouldn't touch her. Soon after, Lexa and Titus came back with a decision.

- "I call on the army of the Twelve Clans to march on Arkadia." –Lexa spoke and everyone in the room chanted- "Not to attack, but to contain; we will blockade the 13th clan and keep them from the lands they wish to possess."

- "You heard the Commander. Send riders, tell your armies to set up a buffer zone around Arkadia; 5 miles should be enough to keep them away from our villages." –Titus turned to Lexa- "What are their orders, Heda?"

- "Any Skaikru caught across the line will be subject to a kill order."

Well, now we do have a problem.

- "Heda..." –Semet approached her- "I do not understand, how is this vengeance?"

- "It is not vengeance, my brother, it is justice."

- "Skaikru killed my sons and my brother and my wife!" –Semet was on the edge of losing it so I got ready for whatever he tried to do- "If the spirit of the Commander will not protect us then, what will?"

- "You mind yourself, Semet."

Titus warned him but Semet didn't seem to care, he turned around yelling for the death of Lexa before turning to her with a sword that he never got to use as my blade pierced his heart. He fell to the floor as everyone turned to face me, now aware of my presence.

- "Samantha kom Skaikru just killed one of us!"

- "I'm not Skaikru so mind your tongue before I cut it." –I faced her as I cleaned my blade on my sleeve before putting it away and walking up to Lexa- "I'm now part of Heda's army and I will protect her life with mine; Semet is dead because he threatened her and anyone else who tries will end up just like him."

- "Sam... what are you doing here?" –Clarke moved closer to me.

- "I've been listening and I have a proposition for the Twelve Clans that I think will satisfy us all."

- "What is your plan, Samantha kom Trikru?"

Lexa looked at me as she spoke before looking at everyone in the room, to make sure they knew I was Trikru now and therefore the kill order didn't apply to me. Or at least that's what I chose to think.

- "I say we bring you the hand behind the trigger, the mind behind the manipulation, the cause of all this blood spill and pain..." –I looked at each of the Clan Representatives to make sure they knew I was being serious- "We bring you Pike... and maybe a couple of his followers. You get rid of them as you please, of course. My personal choice would be to start with fire if you know where I'm going..." –I made a pause before I thought of how to end this- "Jus drein jus daun."

The Grounders were looking at me and soon enough they started talking among them when Clarke grabbed my arm, pulling me back so that I'd face her.

- "What are you doing?" –she whispered-shouted.

- "I'm getting rid of the problem."

- "A couple of his followers?"

- "I'll give them everyone that represents a problem."

- "Are you going to give them Bellamy?"

- "You know I'd never put Bellamy in danger."

- "But he is now."

- "Because of his choices, not because of mine."

Clarke looked at me as if she were disappointed, which I didn't comprehend since I knew I was right. Lexa rose her hand to stop the low conversations that were going on in the room as each of the delegates nodded in my direction.

- "The Blockade will keep Skaikru contained." –Lexa spoke again before turning to face me- "Bring Pike to us, Jusheda, and we will welcome Skaikru back as one of us."

- "O ai na wan op trana, Heda." [Or I'll die trying, Commander.]

     After Sam had made a deal with Lexa, everyone in the room started to leave and I was finally set free. I rubbed my wrists, looking around until I landed eyes on Sam, who walked up to me, taking my hands in hers and making sure I was okay. I had so many questions, but before I could ask them all, Clarke exited the room and we were both forced to follow her. I had no idea where we were going, that mystery solved as we walked into a massive room after Clarke. Now that explained a couple of things.

- "Wao, and I thought the room I got back in Arkadia was big." –Sam stood in the middle of the room as she looked around.

- "No wonder you didn't want to leave." –I added to her words.

- "Stop." –Clarke sat on the bed- "You both know why I'm here." -I sighed as I moved to one of the corners of the room to sit on a table as Sam laid down on the floor over the massive carpet- "You okay?" –Clarke asked me.

- "I'm fine. I saw Indra in the crowd... why wasn't she with Lexa?"

- "Indra's not doing so well, Octavia."

- "It's her shoulder." –Sam added as she played with one of her knives.

- "Yeah, but we can't deal with that right now."

- "Okay, so what do we do?" –I moved in front of her and next to Sam who remained on the floor.

- "I have to talk with Lexa."

- "You just did that and look what happened."

- "If Sam..."

- "Hey!" –Sam sat back up- "That stupid blockade was not my idea, Clarke."

- "But you brought back the idea of revenge again."

- "Pike will pay for his crimes one way or another." –Sam rose next to me- "Giving him to the Grounders is me being merciful and, if you don't like that, then stay here in Polis with Lexa where you are safe and nothing ever happens. I'm tired of it only being okay to get revenge when you say so."

- "You can't get rid of everyone who doesn't agree with you, Sam!"

- "I can and I will if it comes to that."

- "The Twelve Clans want a war."

- "And I just stopped it by giving them the option to get revenge on the root of the problem." –Sam sighed- "Please, explain to me why in hell is that a bad idea."

- "I'm not surprised Clarke is defending Lexa but you, Sam?"

- "I'm not defending Lexa because I agree with everything she does, O; I defended her because if she dies, we'll really be at war and this time nothing will save us."

- "I'll see what I can do about the Blockade." –Clarke rushed out of the room- "Stay here."

I glanced at Sam who crossed her arms over her chest and waited to speak until Clarke left.

- "You have to go, take Selene."

- "What about you?"

- "The kill order doesn't affect me." -she brushed her hands in front of me- "I'm not Skaikru anymore and, if Pike is the representation of it, I'm quite glad I'm not."

- "What about me? What about our friends?"

- "You are my sister and that doesn't depend on where we are or to which clan we're chained to, that's on us, O." -Sam stood up in front of me, taking my hands in hers and running her thumbs over my skin- "The clans mean nothing, it's just a way to divide people... You're my sister and that is never going to change."

I moved to her and hugged her as hard as I could.

- "I'll radio you if anything happens."

- "I'll move to Arkadia with the Blockade, don't even think you're getting rid of me." –she smiled at me.

- "Be careful."

- "You too." –I turned to leave when she spoke again- "And remember, I'm dead."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

17.8K 410 35
"𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪; 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨, 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙨, 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙧...
65.4K 2.6K 43
The 100 fall from the Sky. Two leaders, an immense sacrifice for their people, a slow burning love story. How will they survive? How will they get th...
53.6K 1.2K 15
Three months have passed, and Y/N Kane and all her friends finally got to live in peace with one exception - Clarke still hasn't returned. When event...
26.8K 496 28
I'm waking up to ash and dust I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust I'm breathing in the chemicals I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the...