Tough Mudder Memoire 2014

Trewest tarafından

Toronto Tough Mudder Saturday August 16th Daha Fazla

Tough Mudder Memoire 2014
Starting Blocks
Obstacle One: Glory Blades
Obstacle Two: The Mud Mile Round 1
Obstacle Three: Just the Tip
Obstacle Four: Devils Beard
Obstacle Five: Bale Bonds
Obstacle Six: Arctic Enema
Obstacle Seven: Warrior Carry
Obstacle Nine: Walk the Plank
Obstacle Ten: Ladder to Hell
Obstacle Eleven: Everest
Obstacle Twelve: Balls to the Wall
Obstacle Thirteen: Funky Monkey
Obstacle Fourteen: Mud Mile 2
Obstacle Fifteen: Kiss of Mud -Legionnaires Loop
Obstacle Sixteen: Hanging Tougher
Obstacle Seventeen: Beaver's Dam -Legionnaires Loop
Obstacle Eighteen: Electric Eel -Legionnaire'e Loop
Obstacle Nineteen: Electroshock Therapy

Obstacle Eight: Berlin Walls

68 5 1
Trewest tarafından

At the base of the mountain we were confronted with two 9 foot high walls. Similar to the glory blades at the very beginning but different in that these ones were perfectly vertical, and had little boards to act as a tempting foot holder.

I was still feeling too dizzy to try a vertical climb with an equally vertical drop on the other side, so instead I gave my husband a boost up the wall. And discovered that concussion or no concussion, I make a really GOOD anchor. I managed to help him over both walls, and helped several other Mudders as well before I went around myself. My brother also chose to skip this obstacle, because he hates heights, and with me skipping he felt that he had permission to skip as well.

There is a part of me that is VERY disappointed in myself for skipping obstacles. The logical part of my brain is all like ‘no way dude, you needed to take care of yourself’, whereas the part of me that is super critical and competitive is all ‘loser, weak, you should have done it you disappointment’. It’s not a fun feeling. At the time I didn’t know I had a concussion remember, so I just knew I felt suddenly dizzy and weak, and thought it was all due to adrenaline even though the adrenaline rush had long worn off already.

So although I skipped this obstacle, I did at least help my husband and several others master it.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

86.6K 2.4K 38
Four boys start their college journey at Washington University. Neo knew it would be a challenge, but he thought college would be the problem, not th...
156K 18.2K 54
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...
55.2K 123 15
These are stories of people giving birth -multiple stories-
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...