Meant To Be #wattys2019

Da oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... Altro

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 33: Not yours.

2.7K 255 23
Da oh_hi_byeee

"You are the faint line between Faith and blindly waiting...."

Let me ask you all a question....

Have you ever felt exhausted? Not physically. Not mentally. Emotionally.

You have so much to express but all you can do is drown yourself in the lake of melancholy and get drenched in the anger and sadness and helplessness.

And the worst part? Well, you can't speak about any of it. Because you don't know how to express yourself through words. Though you want to scream your heart out but all you do is suffer from inside.

And here, Anabiya was suffering through the same.

The legs hit the ground and the sound of the shoes screeching was muted by the loud music that was blasting through the speakers attached to the walls.

Anabiya could feel the physical pain... the pain of her muscles crying out aloud to tell her to rest a bit as she took deep breaths to maintain the right level of heart rate.

"Anabiya you should stop.", Ruhina more like ordered Anabiya to stop with the heavy workout.

Anabiya glanced towards her friend and was in no mood to give up and thus she still continued running and punching until she felt some pressure around her chest and she was now in fits of cough.

Ruhina instantly ran towards Anabiya as she rubbed her back and made her settle on the ground.

"Told you to stop! Listen to me atleast once!", Ruhina scolded right after Anabiya was done with the coughing fit.

She then passed on the water bottle to Anabiya, who was sheepishly smiling, her eyes and face red because of the mini attack.

"Just trying to get myself back on track. I've been neglecting gym a lot.", Anabiya tried to make an excuse, which was partly true but Ruhina was surely not buying it.

"You workout like this whenever you're angry and frustrated.", Ruhina stated the fact and Anabiya chuckled.

"And you look like a witch right now. With those messed up hair, smudged kohl and red eyes.", Ruhina again stated and Anabiya gasped at her friend's words.

"What a supportive friend Allah has blessed me with!", Anabiya dramatically said as she sipped on some water.

"Well I tried to be a supportive and true friend but you just wanted me to keep shut.", Ruhina said the words that were true.

Anabiya looked at her, pretending to not understand what her friend meant. She knew she wasn't ready for this conversation and was about to get up only to be pulled back by Ruhina.

"How far are you going to run? You think I don't know the tears you were trying to hide while you were working out? The intensity of your punches showed the anger and hurt you are feeling, okay? Don't torture yourself. Not mentally, not physically. Just let it all out..... by speaking. Through words. What happened to that girl who would speak for two hours continuously on an episode of her favourite shows? Huh?", Anabiya just stared blankly at her friend, keeping her mouth shut as Ruhina ranted on and on.

There wasn't any second thoughts on the fact that what Ruhina said was true. Cent percent true.

But what could Anabiya say? The reason behind her turmoil was even unknown to her.

She can't just let her feelings take over her mind and destroy her friendship with Sanaya who was the most dearest to her, nor she can break the good relation which her family had with Sanaya and Omar's family.

She was already left heartbroken before in this gamble of hearts called love and it took a long time for her to recover. And this time, with Arhaan, the feelings were more strong and there was no way in the world that she would let these feelings captivate her heart and life.

And yes, she knew these feelings were only one-sided. She was the one who fell for Arhaan, again repeating her previous mistake of falling first and that too hard.

Only if she knew he fell for her first. And deep.

All she was aware was that Arhaan and Sanaya were about to get engaged and they looked perfect together.

Whether be it in looks, personality or status.

And Anabiya knew Omar loved her. And there were no seconds thoughts on the fact that she wouldn't break his heart. The heart that loved her dearly.

She was broken and she needed to be mended. Mended by someone who'll love her more than she'll ever love herself.

And for her, the answer was Omar.

Oh but darling, you don't know what fate holds for you in the future. Just be a little careful while taking decisions on just assumptions, my love!

..................................................

The environment between the four, high' luxurious walls was silent. Dead silent.

And so was his heart.

The organ was now only doing it's job of keeping him alive.

Though it craved for the one emotion that was always paired with it.

Love.

And for him, the word wasn't just an emotion. It was a person.

Anabiya.

Arhaan had his eyes fixed on the screen and though it pained because of continuous staring, Arhaan's mind wasn't in the mood to blink.

The physical pain kind of soothed him. Made him forget about the emotional and mental turmoil.

Arhaan was still busy staring at the stock market figures when he received a text from Zayd.

"Need to talk to you. Asap. Meet me at the Cafè near your office."

Arhaan wanted to punch him through the phone but he swallowed the anger blood and headed out of the office building, not before accidently catching a glimpse of Anabiya who was busy working on some paper stuff with Mrs. Coutinho, a smile on her lips that somehow made Arhaan happy.

Yes, these kind of stuff is possible when your soul connects with another one.

Arhaan reached the Cafè and saw Zayd who looked stressed.

"What is it? Zayd, this better be important. I need to ru-", before Arhaan could complete, Zayd said something that crushed Arhaan completely.

"Anabiya is getting engaged to Omar in ten days. The wedding is gonna take place in a month."

And this is how Arhaan was torn from skin to bones.

Arhaan was shocked and all he could do was stand still, frozen.

After a minute or two, he noticed there was Huzaifah too. Who was trying to console Zayd, who looked doomed.

Arhaan was still not sure why Zayd decided to break such a horrific news to him. And before he could ponder more on it, Zayd spoke up.

"I know she's under some family pressure. I know she doesn't love Omar. She's only doing this for her family. I know her really well. For her, family comes first. And Arhaan, you must be wondering why I asked you to meet me and break this news to you."

Arhaan was blankly staring at him, just listening to what Zayd was saying though his mind was still soaking in the shock he just received.

"Well, I want you to ask Sanaya to talk to her brother. And her family. To break off this arrangement.", Zayd asked for the 'favour' and Arhaan bitterly laughed insidely.

"Wow! If I could, don't you think I would've done it earlier, for my self, you idiot!", Arhaan literally screamed inside his head.

"Look, I don't know what's true and what's not. I don't wanna break someone's relationship because of what you think.", Arhaan dead-panned as he stood up and left the Cafè only to stop dead in his tracks as he saw Sanaya and Anabiya along with Ruhina approaching.

Sanaya looked pretty disturbed and Anabiya looked pretty normal

"What the hell is going on?", Arhaan questioned.

The girls saw Arhaan and were confused, only to get more confused when they saw Zayd literally running out of the Cafè.

They all looked at each other and then Sanaya sighed.

"What are you doing here, babe? ", Sanaya asked Arhaan and almost everyone, including Arhaan cringed at the word 'babe'.

"That's not the point what he's doing here. The point is what is THIS person doing here?", Anabiya angrily questioned as she pointed towards Zayd who had blood shot eyes with sorrow on his face.

"Calm down!", Sanaya exclaimed.

"Zayd called me saying he needed to talk to you before you get engaged to my brother. Listen to him, once.", Sanaya said to Anabiya.

"WHAT? AND YOU FREAKING DRAGGED ME HERE TO HIM?", Anabiya yelled bewildered at the fact that her bestfriend literally dragged her to meet the person she despised the most.

"Anabiya, listen to me. Please. I love you. I loved you then too. And I know you did. And you still do.", Zayd spoke up, with an unknown emotion laced with his voice.

"Correction. I don't. Maybe I did. But now, I don't.", Anabiya said, tears threatening to fall out and that's when Arhaan realised that maybe Zayd was right. She did love Zayd.

"Don't say this.... we both we-", Zayd was interrupted by Anabiya.

"Shutup, Zayd! You left me hanging four years ago after confessing your stupid feelings to me. You left and posted pictures of yourself with this new girl. You left without any answers. You, Zayd Dawood, made me vulnerable. Vulnerable to love. Do you realise the aftermath? The damage you caused after you left? I had health issues. I drifted away from my religion. From my family. I was depressed. Because of you. I never blamed you though, but guess what? You just triggered me! And before I smash your head, disappear. Go away! Like you did. Four years ago."

Everyone was silent after the outburst. Arhaan could see the tears of anger and disappointment flowing freely down her cheeks. Sanaya looked shocked while Ruhina had tears in her eyes too. Zayd looked guilty.

And Arhaan? He himself had his heart all squeezed and tears stinging his eyes.

He could feel the lump in his throat.

"Let's go....", Sanaya finally spoke up as she took Anabiya's hand and was about to leave when Zayd let out a bitter laugh.

"Where are you taking her? Don't you think it's time now? She deserves to know the truth. The truth about her bestfriend who backstabbed her."

Sanaya swiftly turned towards Zayd, a look of disbelief plastered on her face.

"Don't look so shocked. You know what you did.", Zayd smirked and everyone was now looking at Sanaya, waiting for answers. Except Anabiya. She just stood still.

"Anabiya, it was Sanaya who told me you weren't interested and that you find me clingy. She told me that you needed some space. I even got a text from you saying you don't want to see me again and I should leave you alone. Though I later realised it wasn't you but Sanaya.", Zayd revealed and Ruhina gasped while Anabiya just glanced at Sanaya and again looked at Zayd.

Arhaan was surely shocked with all the new drama. But he was sure that Anabiya was hurt and was betrayed.

"You said you wouldn't say all this if I'll bring Anabiya to meet you!", Sanaya angrily said and Zayd shook his head.

"What kind of a friend are you? You should b-", Zayd's accusations were interrupted by Anabiya.

She put her hand forward, asking him to stop.

"I know what she did. I knew it since the very first day, after you left.", Anabiya finally revealed.

She then looked at Sanaya.

"I wanted you to confess. To say it yourself. To be honest, you are much more important to me than any guy. I knew you texted him. I knew you asked that girl to text Zayd and you were the one who set them up. I knew everything. But our friendship wasn't something I wanted to break because of a guy. I wanted you to come clean. I wanted you to speak. But you didn't. And on top of that, you made a deal with Zayd? That he won't say anything if you bought me to him? I'm disappointed, Sanaya. I really am."

Everyone was silent.

Ruhina held Anabiya's arm slowly shaking her.

"Let's go.", Ruhina said and Anabiya nodded.

Arhaan was slowly letting all the new details sink inside his head while Zayd looked devastated.

"But you don't love Omar. You knew it wasn't my fault....", Zayd tried one last time.

"It wasn't your fault? Maybe. But guess what? We weren't Meant To Be. We were too young at that time. Our teenage years, to be more precise. I was in Love with you. Maybe yes. But you know you were the reason why my bestfriend kind of betrayed me. I was depressed. But now, we are young adults. I know what I'm doing. I'm not yours or anyone else's to decide. I'm marrying Omar. And as far as love is concerned, I guess the emotion is a myth. With Omar, I'm happy. And happiness is all that matters. And thankyou for giving this all a closure.", Anabiya smiled, though her heart literally screamed.

She looked at Zayd for the last time, this time void of any emotions. He was a stranger to her now. And then
she looked at Arhaan too who was just blankly staring at her.

And in that moment, Arhaan and Anabiya accepted their fate.

Though it killed them but they knew....

Anabiya was for Omar.

Arhaan was for Sanaya.

"And the pain has become permanent. It's something I can never forget. I guess I have to live with it.... forever."

.............................

Hello my babiiieesss!

So so so, I guess this is all you'll see of Zayd. His part is done.

And who else is hating on Sanaya rn?

Okay so this chapter is dedicated to Khan_Ayesha

Thankyouuuuu Ayesha for your votes and comments. Hope you'll still be voting lmao.

And thankyou for the comment where you asked the silent readers to vote.

And yes, my silent readers, I love you all but please vote. We writers put efforts in this thing and all we require is a little push which you all can give through your votes.

Love ya all, my sweetkins. I love ya all.

And who have watched 'To all the boys I've loved before'?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

19K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
27.7K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...
1.1K 4 16
"Words that I can't share." She always believed, her presence in someone's life was nothing but a bad sign. "Then comes in me, a girl silently retre...
28.6K 1.6K 22
This is a spin off from My Hijab,Jake and I. Natasha Jackson was a wild party girl in her younger days..people drew their own conclusions about her b...