ELEMENTALS

由 anonymous_1698

*au fanfic Four elements Fire, water, earth and wind. Four people born to wield and master the power of each... 更多

A / N
FIRE
WATER
EARTH
WIND
THE ONE
THE GREAT EVIL
FIVE
BARELY ESCAPED
WHY
A/N

THE MISSION

186 11 2
由 anonymous_1698

A/N:

^ Please don't judge me if I like this movie and it's soundtrack lol
😁

• • •

*1895; somewhere in Europe*

The moon is full and it is shining bright.

A light washed upon a woman clad in a gray cloak. She stepped closer to the tomb stone, muttered a quiet prayer.

She is not a Catholic, neither was she a Jew.

The woman in gray cloak does not belong to any institutionalized form of faith as she calls it. She doesn't have religion.

But the man under the tombstone does.

She loved him.

And she is carrying their unborn child.

A child destined for greatness. A child born to harness power. The power of nature. She knows this for the signs of the sun and the moon have spoken.

Her unborn child will bring back the peace and balance and harmony in this world, and the other worlds that needs her child's blessed grace. Her unborn child will vanquish the vermin that crawled out of the depths of Sheol who only sought to bring unrest and disturb the peace for selfish reasons.

For the portals has been pried open by the covetous and conceited, and allowed The Great Evil to take form.

The Great Evil has been spawned once again in this world with the aim of domination, and her unborn child will grow to stop this evil at once. Her beloved unborn child will walk this world with a mission.

A mission of gathering the four Elementals and together, they will close the portals and defeat the evil that has been summoned. A mission to bring back balance and harmony, peace and order. A mission that a thousand years ago was duly fulfilled by the elementals of that time. But then, evil always has its way of coming back.

And it's her unborn child's turn to fulfill that destiny. Her child will be the bind that will make The Elementals as one.

Her child is The One...

• • •

*A year ago; somewhere in America*

"You need a new AC,"

"You need a new car,"

"You need a new playlist," Ally was reaching the car radio to switch it to something else but she swatted her hand, "seriously Lena, this song is ancient,"

"We Built this City by Jefferson Starship is not ancient," she said monotonously.

"But your car is," Camila muttered in the back that didn't escape her hearing. She glared at her on the rearview mirror.

"It's hot in here, Lena. Seriously, you need an AC. Are we there yet?" Normani impatiently quipped.

The three girls in the backseat have been complaining to her about anything and everything. If they're not complaining, they were bickering amongst themselves. And with Ally in the middle who can easily reach her radio and has been wanting to change it, Lena is about to lose her cool.

Time to distract herself from the annoying teenagers in the back.

"Hey Dinah, can you please pass me a soda?"

The tall blonde on the passenger side reached inside the bag that's on her lap for a soda. She handed it over to Lena, who hissed upon touching the can, "What the hell?"

The can of soda was hot.

"Sorry..." Was all Dinah said, barely audible because of the bickering of the three girls in the back.

Being a fire elemental herself, Lena just sighed in understanding. She tossed the can of soda in the dashboard instead of asking Camila to cool it for her. Out of the four new generation of elementals, Dinah is the one who struggled with her power the most.

At first, she thought Normani would be the one who will have the hardest time dealing with her earthly powers. But the ebony-skinned girl surprised her of being a fast learner.

Camila is a fast learner too. But the girl was arrogant. A trait that has kept Lena wary of the young athlete. Arrogance has led to something catastrophic before. She could only hope that what happened then won't happen again.

Ally, the little one as she calls her, was neither arrogant nor a fast learner. The bubbly one in the group is enthusiastic. She doesn't struggle with her ability to control the wind, she embraces it. She's had a few mistakes that led to a few mishaps, but the girl is open minded about it and just kept trying.

It took her eighteen years to locate this young elementals, with the flares of the sun and the phases of the moon as her only guide. Had she found The One first upon birth, she would have found these four girls a whole lot sooner.

The commander has been of help, very huge in fact, but being just an ambassador from another dimension, her help was limited. The commander's time on this world is always limited.

But Lena could use all the help she could get. It is hard to go on this mission on her own, and she has been doing this for about a century now. Had they not failed before, this fight wouldn't have had to drag on. Evil would have had to wait another thousand years to have a chance to plague the worlds. Only then another generation would carry on the torch of defeating it so to speak.

She's getting tired, she's getting old. She doesn't think she could carry on much longer, but she has a duty to uphold.

Over a century of hard living, fighting off the hirelings of evil, as they do it's bidding, as best as she can. A century of waiting until the signs of the sun and the moon have spoken the birth of The One, along with the births of The Elementals.

But she's no priestess or otherworldly being to understand all the signs that easy.

That's why she hasn't found The One yet. That's why she found the elementals in such a childish state with little understanding of their powers. And no understanding at all of what is to come if they continued bickering at the back of her car.

"Shut it, you three!!" Lena shouted that immediately caused silence.

She was now driving on a dirt road in between a seemingly endless wheat fields. If it wasn't for the sputtering sound of the car's engine and Jefferson Starship in the background, it would have been a humid and eerily quiet road trip.

The silence didn't last long though.

"I gotta pee..." Camila said.

"Me too," Normani muttered.

"Damn, I gotta tinkle too,"Ally wiggled in between the two girls.

"Y'all share a pea-sized bladder or what?" Dinah quipped irritably.

Lena sighed.

She is about to develop an aneurysm with these kids, either that or she is about to go on a rampage and burn all four of them to ashes. Maybe she'll make an exception for Dinah, since she has grown some form of kinship with her. But Camila, she would definitely burn her, along with Normani. Ally is still debatable because she made a promise to her beautiful sister Kara, maybe her other sister too and her two dads but mostly Kara, that she would do her best to take care of the little one.

Just don't test her patience.

"We're here," Lena turned off the engine, then the radio.

The soft breeze was picking up speed and the rickety old metal mailbox just in front of them squeaked. An even older oak tree just a bit further ahead was more sturdy but the leaves rustled, as though it was aware of their presence and was welcoming them.

"In the middle of nowhere?" Normani looked at the wheat fields, then the tree and frowned.

She didn't answer but stepped out instead. The sun was high in the sky but it didn't bother her. The girls followed her out, simultaneous slamming of two car doors echoed. Camila adjusted her rayban sunglasses while Dinah hugged the bag of snacks tightly. Ally was squeezing her thighs as she looked around, the girl really needs to tinkle.

Lena walked towards the mailbox and pulled out one long silver chain. She dragged it towards one portruding root in the tree, crouched in front and wrapped the silver chain on it. She then muttered a few words, so foreign to the four girls who were observing her they thought she was muttering gibberish.

Then, the four girls stepped back in surprise when the chain glowed a sparkly white. They all gasped when the sparkly white glow faded and the roots moved to create some sort of entrance.

"What the hell is this? Secret door to the shrieking shack?" Camila pushed up her rayban to her head.

"We can not continue your training in the city after the last incident with the four of you. It's very risky and disastrous. Go on inside, follow the path then turn left at the end of it. You will see a wooden door, wait for me there. If you turn right, you will not see any door," she instructed.

When Lena finally gathered the new generation of The Elementals after an arduous search, she was slightly relieved. That only leaves The One to search for, and then the real work begins. She spent years tracking each of them. But for years, she just couldn't find The One. She followed the signs of the sun and the moon, but it only led her to a dead end.

She got lucky with The Elementals. Being a fire elemental herself, she found the young elemental who can wield the fire first. Their similarity in commanding the power of the flames pulled them to each other, a connection like a mother to a daughter.

Soon after, she found the young elemental who can wield the power of water. It was both easy and hard; easy because she only had to follow the opposing force that repels both Dinah and herself, and hard because the girl is basically a princess, being a senator's daughter. She's surrounded by bodyguards almost all the time and is untouchable. She had to bid her time and wait for an opportunity to approach her.

Then, the young elemental who has the power of the earth followed next. Tracking Normani was tedious, but thanks to the modern technology of web searching, Lena found the most irregular earthquakes and where it frequently happens just as fast.

Ally took the longest to find out of the four elementals. Her birth was almost untraceable, Lena relied entirely to the signs and had the commander translate everything for her in various interpretations. Until eventually the signs led her to a sealed file consisting of an adoption process.

Once the four elementals were located, Lena introduced herself and gave them the basic rundown of what they are, what they are meant to be. It was hard because the girls didn't get along and they were all skeptical. But she tried her best, and is still trying, to make them understand.

The four girls agreed to training and exploring the extent of their powers, but still apprehensive of what they were supposed to use their powers for. She took them to the 'safe house', which has been her home for as long as she cared to remember. There, they had begun the physical training just a week ago.

And the supposed training turned into a disaster.

The 'safe house' would have been nothing but a pile of rubble if not for the otherworldly reinforced steel that surrounds it. She had to relocate them, preferably somewhere they can also learn a little history.

Hence, Lena led them here. One of the portals that led to a slightly controlled environment where they can freely train. Or more like wreck stuff, if not one another.

"What are we going to see if we turn right?" Normani asked.

"Something else entirely,"

"Where are you going?" Dinah asked as she pushed some potato chips in her mouth.

"Secure the car,"

"Is there gonna be a bathroom in there?" Ally expressed her concern with furrowed eyebrows.

"Just go inside," Lena said exasperatedly.

The girls went inside the opening grumbling, complaining how it was so dirty and smelly and so small only Ally can fit in. Lena rolled her eyes as she went to secure her car in a makeshift garage a few yards from the oak tree. She closed the windows and locked it, before piling twigs and hay on the entrance, concealing the old muscle car completely.

Then she followed the girls, after removing the silver chain from the root and placed it back to the rickety old metal mailbox. She found the four of them by the door, Normani and Camila squabbling like grade schoolers, Dinah finishing off the chips and Ally staring off to the opposite direction, still squeezing her thighs.

"What's out there?" The smallest girl in the group asked the second she emerged.

"Stay back," she ignored the question and stood right infront of the wooden door. She then placed her palms against it and muttered what sounded like a short prayer in foreign words.

The wooden door burst into flames suddenly and reduced into a gray pile of ash on the ground. Replacing the door was a portal of flowing swirl of colors resembling a nebula, and the gray pile of ash was sucked right into it.

"Go on, I'll be right behind you," she sidestepped, making way for the girls to pass.

The four girls took a moment hesitating. The squabbling Normani and Camila exchanged wary looks while Dinah gulped staring at the colorful swirls of the portal.

"What's on the other side?" Ally asked.

"You'll never know if you don't go,"

"What if you go in first," Camila said.

"No. Go ahead first, the portal will immediately close after me,"

"What fuckery is this?" Normani blurted.

"Go in and you'll see what fuckery this is!" She snapped, about to run out of patience really soon.

Her raised voice, along with her flaring green eyes, startled the girls to a moment of silence and internal deliberation. She is oddly pleased to know that somehow she can still intimidate these kids a little.

"Screw it, my bladder is about burst. There better be a bathroom in there Lena or I swear I will pee in the driver's seat of your car,"

Ally huffed a breath and then stepped inside the portal. Immediately, she was sucked into the colorful portal with a shrill scream bellowing out of her tiny body. Then, slowly her scream turned into a muffled sound that made the three girls left more apprehensive. Moments later, they heard Ally call out. Her voice was clear and chirpy as though she was in another room with just a thin wall separating them.

"Guys!! It's a fucking paradise out here!! Come and jump in bitches!!"

• • •

*That same day; somewhere in another world*

"Welcome, old friend"

"Pun intended?"

Commander Lexa, leader of the insurgent armies of the elves, greeted Lena with a smirk. The two ladies from different worlds met in 1913, during the on-set of the first world war in the human world, when Lena's generation of elementals failed to close the last portal that would've sent a destroyed embodiment of evil in it's depths.

It was their failure that left a wedge between one door from one world to another.

As long as that one portal remains open, the others will continue to eventually open. Just like this one portal leading to the world of elves.

"Yes," commander Lexa then turned her attention to the four girls who were gaping, staring in awe at their surroundings, "So, this is them?"

Lena nodded.

"There's only four of them..."

"I haven't found The One yet,"

Lexa sighed, "Thirty years ago in your world, evil has already taken the form of an ambitious man, after failing to take the form of an ambitious centaur,"

"I know,"

"And if we don't move faster, you are looking at a worse version of the Führer. I should say so because we are facing the worst king in this world, and he is only a hireling of The Great Evil,"

"I know, Lexa. I know,"

"Are you going to introduce us to your friend?" Camila interrupted as she studied Lexa's dark long tunic dress with leather belts, equipped with bow and quiver slung in her back, a golden sword in a golden sheath with a handle that has intricate carvings in it, slung on her side.

Lena and Lexa exchanged meaningful looks.

"My name is Lexa kom Trikru. I am the commander of the insurgent armies of the elves. You and your friends are standing at the sacred ground of my people as highly regarded guests,"

"This crazy bunch aren't my friends. My name is Camila and I'm only here to know more about my power with the water," Camila said, "it's quite beautiful here, very... enchanting,"

"Ah, the water elemental," Lexa ignored Camila's comment and glanced at Lena knowingly, who averted her eyes to study her nails.

Uncomfortable silence enveloped them as Lexa studied Camila with expressionless yet probing eyes. The girl felt uneasy under the commander's penetrating gaze. The three other girls were still oblivious of the tension and was preoccupied by the beauty of the place they are now enjoying the opportunity to see.

The gray sandstone archway they emerged from looked like a reminiscent of those classic Greek architecture, very ornate and old. It seemed like a pile of rubble at first glance, but the more you look into it the more you'll see of its raw beauty. There was a colorful swirl in between the arches that disappeared the very second Lena came out of it. It was replaced by nothing but a boulder of plain and unobtrusive rocks.

After emerging out of the archway, the girls found themselves in a garden of multi colored vines, massive trees and wildflowers with equally colorful butterflies surrounding it. Just behind the archway and the boulder of rocks was a gigantic oak tree, triple the size and height of the one they went it.

The clearing they were standing was covered in a very soft and very green grass, it felt like stepping on a lush carpet. Just a few yards ahead was a deep blue lake being filled by the huge waterfall above a huge gray boulder. A scenic rocky cliff was on to their right side and beyond that was a dense forest, and beyond that forest was an even more scenic view of what appears to be a sparkling structures of a city with an indescribable kind of design.

It was breathtaking for the girls.

After a moment of Lexa intently studying an uncomfortable Camila, the commander spoke, "I know why you brought them here Lena,"

The four elementals are now paying attention to the elf.

"But it would have been better if you brought all five of them,"

"I'm trying my best, old friend. The One is the hardest to find after the wind elemental,"

"Who is The One? What are you guys talking about?" Normani asked.

Again, the two older ladies exchanged meaningful wary looks.

"Follow me. I'll show you when we get to the caves," Lexa sighed then led the way towards the waterfall, "By the way, Clarke still hates you, Lena... for burning her favorite saddle,"

Lena grumbled remembering the events of her last visit in the world of the elves. Last time was quite troublesome because they had to fight off an attack from the kingsguard in one of the villages. One thing led to another that caused her to burn the elf warrior's favorite saddle. The other girls were confused about it but followed them to the waterfalls anyway as the two talked about the saddle Lena burned that belonged to this Clarke person.

The four girls were amazed once again when with a wave of Lexa's hand, the waterfall parted like curtains being pulled on each side and revealed a dark cavern.

"One day you will all learn to do that," Lexa said to no one in particular.

It was incredibly dark inside.

They walked past the parted curtain of water and once they were all inside, it went back to its usual flowing state. They were engulfed in the darkness immediately, but as soon as they began stepping forward, torches of blazing fire lit on each side.

The six of them reached the end of the tunnel-like cavern after what seemed like an eternity of walking. Camila and Normani went back to their bickering as they walked and was then eventually joined by Dinah who was still holding on to the bag with whatever snack left inside. Ally wasn't just up to talking anymore because she's been focusing on holding on to her bladder.

At the end of their long walk was a narrow staircase made of black flat stones with railings made of equally dark colored stones leading to a seemingly endless pitch black night sky.

"A mile-long walk then now a climb up?! Lena I really need to pee," Ally complained, her voice echoing in the walls of the cavern.

"We're almost there," Lexa answered before Lena could reply.

When each of them was safely standing on the staircase, they did not have to take another step because the stairs moved on its own like an escalator. Only it was abrupt and quite very fast that the four first timers clung for dear life on the railings. Camila and Normani cursed profanities, Dinah dropped the bag of snacks, while Ally almost peed herself. Their ascent was so fast that in a split second they found themselves in a dim hallway where a bustling crowd of elves moved about.

Everyone they saw were armed. Heavily armed.

"You can relieve yourself of your bladder that way," Lexa turned to Ally, "one of the guards will guide you there. He'll bring you back to us in the archives upstairs,"

Lexa nodded to an elf standing guard nearby a closed wooden door, armed with bow and arrow and a sword, and spoke a foreign language similar to what Lena muttered before. Seemingly giving instructions.

Ally looked at Lena for some reassurance, and she nodded, "We will wait for you in the archives-"

"I gotta pee too," Camila cut Lena off going after Ally who was about to follow the elf warrior.

"Me too," Normani followed as well that made Lexa look at Lena incredulously.

"They share a pea-sized bladder," Dinah commented from behind Lena, "but we can all wait for these pea-pod trio on your archives right?"

Lexa stared in disbelief before she spoke, "Yes... Yes, we can wait for them there,"

The hallway was only lit by small lamps perched on the rocky dark walls. But the crystals embedded on the rocks reflected some of the light, giving the hallway a dim but halo-ish, rainbow-like luminosity. Their footsteps echoed and in every corner and turn, there were at least four elf guards standing in full alert.

"Where is she? Clarke?" Lena quietly asked.

"Mount Mordue, gathering allies with mercenaries..."

Lena was stunned, stared at the elf with wide eyes.

"It is getting worse, old friend. The king is completely under The Great Evil's control and he kills anyone who refuses him," commander Lexa continued grimly.

"Have faith, Lexa. The Elementals are here and soon we will find The One. They are not going to have the same mistake we had before. Just have faith," Lena said quietly but with utter conviction.

Dinah listened to the quiet conversation. She does not know any specific details but she thinks that the powers bestowed upon them has a reason, a purpose, based on what she is hearing at the moment. She is confused and curious at the same time, she is very anxious to have answers, a sense of clarity. And this mention of The One seems to play a crucial part in all this fuss.

After a while of walking through the maze of the huge cavern, they were now in the archives. The room was still cave-like and dimly illuminated, but it was vast. Immeasurably vast. Volumes upon volumes of hardbound texts, shelves upon shelves of scrolls filled the spacious room. It was a maze filled with innumerable amount of books, maps and celestial navigation systems. If Dinah was overwhelmed by the scenic view of the garden outside, she now feels a little bit dazed by the amount of information the archives must contain.

Moments later, Normani, Camila and Ally came in and it was their turn to look dazed by the huge room that is the archives.

"This is the archives," Lexa started as Lena made herself comfortable in a wooden chair, placing her legs up on a desk nonchalantly. She's been through this and she already knows what Lexa was about tell the girls.

"Here, I will show and tell you what The Elementals are. Here you will find out why you have such power over fire, water, earth and wind,"

The girls just stared.

Dinah was ready to feed her curiosity and Normani was still in disbelief trying to process whatever is happening. Camila was itching to start exploring more of her powers and Ally just feels hungry.

"Here, you will know about the mission,"

• • •

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

1M 33.9K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
358K 10.9K 89
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
135K 6.2K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
148K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...