The Young Avengers: Not Kids...

By ICrzy01

After events of BOOK 1, Emma is adjusting back to normal after loosing Peter. Life isn't easy for her; being... More

Cast
Epigraph
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Sequel Following Endgame

26

458 12 19
By ICrzy01

April 25th, 2018
-Fun middle of the week-

Emma groans upon arriving to school, she didn't want to be at school. It was the last place she wanted to be. Emma had left Happy's vehicle and walked up to the school grounds. Noticing some students with their friends and already socializing.

Emma just ignored them to get inside, but was stopped when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around to see the all familiar Harry Osborn.

"Hey," He smiles softly.

Emma looks at him, "Hi."

Harry rubs the back of his neck, "I was worried about you last night."

Emma looks concerned slightly, "Wha- Why?" She asks.

"Because Stark Industries was attacked," Harry said, "And I wasn't sure if you'd be there with Peter for his internship or with your guardian, Tony Stark."

Emma sighed internally. Harry didn't know, of course he didn't know. Why did she think he knew? Emma nods and adjusts her backpack straps.

"I- I was briefly there," She said, "Before the attack."

Harry smiles, "Well you got out of there just in time." He says.

Emma nods, "It appears so."

Emma walks into the school, Harry was right behind her. He was trying to engage with her, in some sort of conversation. However, to be honest, Emma really didn't care. She had spent most of her night talking with Steve, which to anyone it didn't sound all that cool but when its looked at that she spent most of the night talking to Captain America, it sounded cooler.

"So," Harry starts as she stops at her locker, "Peter taking you to the Spring Formal?"

Emma grabs a text book from her locker, "Spring Formal? There's a Spring Formal?"

Harry nods, "Yeah," He points to the posters up by Emma's lockers, "The dance is May 19th, you know before we leave for the summer."

"Wouldn't it make sense to have it in April or something?" Emma asks.

"Well with recent events," Harry starts, "They were going to cancel it but students wanted the dance so the school decided not to cancel the dance."

Emma shuts her locker and turns to him, "I guess I'll bring it up to Peter next time I see him." She said.

Harry just smiles before he walks off. Emma thought it was creepy, she thought Harry was a bit obsessed with her but at the moment it wasn't her biggest problem. The Green Goblin was her biggest worry.

🕸YOUNGAVENGERS🕸

It was much later in the day at school, Peter left his history class and walked to the water fountain to get something to drink. He put his backpack on the floor and pressed the button to get some water.

Emma had exited her math class and noticed her boyfriend. A smile pressed on her lips as she walked over. Peter lifted his head from the fountain and reached for his books, when he turned around to almost colliding with Emma.

"Em," He says.

Emma kept her smile, "Hi."

"Where are you heading?" Peter asks.

Emma looks at him, "Same as you."

Peter nods, "Right decathlon." He says.

The two began to walk down the hallway together. Peter held his hand on his backpack strap, and Emma was hugging her math text book and notebook, she was rushing to get out of class.

"So I hear there is a Spring Formal," Emma said, "Which I didn't know this school did a Spring Formal."

Peter shrugs, "Yeah, they brought it back a few years ago."

"Do you want to go?" Emma asks.

Peter looks at her, "Why do you know someone who'd want to go with me?"

Emma lightly shoves him, "I can think of one person," She starts, "Blonde hair with a shocking personality."

Peter laughs and reaches his hand to interlock with her hand, "Of course I'd love to go with you." He says.

Emma smiles at that comment, "Okay."

The two walk into the library where some students were hanging out after school studying, or in Peter and Emma's case they were there for decathlon practice.

When Peter and Emma arrived, Emma was pulled away by Cindy and MJ. To which she wasn't sure why at that moment.

"Alright," Cindy said looking at Miles, "We'll prove who is the smartest."

Emma looks at them confused, "What did I just walk into?"

"Miles claims that he's smarter," Betty said.

Miles groans, "That's not what I said."

Sally rolls her eyes, "But it's what you implied."

"Oh can't you girls take a joke," Abraham said.

MJ shakes her head, "We can but we're doing this." She smirks, "Battle of the sex."

🕸YOUNGAVENGERS🕸

During the battle of the sex, as what MJ claimed it to be, many were shocked to realizing how much they actually knew and how much they didn't know.

The boys led the leader board for a bit, but it was Emma who landed them victorious with answering the final question getting them the lead by one point.

When it was over, MJ decided that was enough practice for the day and seemed to not hold any grudges toward the men, mostly Miles.

Emma looks at Miles, "You have to start something everywhere you go." She said.

Miles held his hands up, "What? Cindy started it." He said.

Cindy turns to him as she gathers her things, "Did not!"

MJ grabs both their arms like a mom, "Now children, do we need to be put in a time out?"

Miles and Cindy shake their heads, while Ned and Peter were laughing. Emma was partly laughing but heard her phone go off.

"Em?" Peter looks at her.

Emma looks at Peter, "Just Happy texting me."

The gang head out of the library. They were walking down the hallway in the direction of the front doors.

"Is Steve gonna be there when we get there?" Cindy asks grinning from ear to ear.

Emma shrugs, "Probably."

"Who's Steve?" A voice that made Emma was to hit something.

The group turned, and behind them was Harry Osborn. He had a smirk on his face, Emma wasn't sure why he was smirking but it didn't feel right.

"Her grandpa." MJ answered.

Harry nods, "Ah, but if you have a grandpa watching over you then why is Tony Stark your guardian?"

Emma gives Harry a look, "Grandpa Steve is really really old." She says, "Like as old as the Titanic or something."

Harry seemed to take that as a joke or something, but Emma had her arms crossed on her chest. He took one step forward.

"I- uh I would love to hang out with you guys sometime." He said.

Peter looks at Harry, "What are you doing, Harry?"

"What? Can't a guy be friendly, Parker?" Harry asks.

Ned looks at Harry, "You've been overly friendly with Emma since you met her." He said.

"Is that a crime?" Harry asks.

Miles crossed his arms on his chest, "When she has a boyfriend and you keep getting too close, it should be." He said.

"Emma," Harry turns to her, "I'm not that kind of guy."

Emma looks at Harry, "Harry, you need to find someone else to be around." She said, "I know we said we'd try and be friends- but all you've done is flirt with me. As flattering as it might seem to you, I have a boyfriend."

Harry nods, "I know- I know."

Emma took a step back, "We're only lab partners," She said, "Nothing more."

With that, she turns off and walks down the hallway. Peter ran after her first catching up to his girlfriend. After that Cindy, Miles, Ned, and MJ followed the couple down the hallway.

Harry stood there, he made his hands into fists. He watched Peter grab onto Emma's hands. Harry grit his teeth. He looks down at the floor and then back up, the group had left through the main entrance.

"She will be mine," Harry said, "Even if I have to get rid of Parker, I will."

🕸YOUNGAVENGERS🕸

When the teens arrived at Emma's apartment they were shocked to find Tony and Pepper in there with Steve, however, Tony and Pepper were dressed for some nice elegant thing.

"Why did you let him in?" Emma joked toward Steve.

Steve looks at Emma, "Because he pays for this place."

Emma paused, "Fair point," She turns to her guardians, "What do we owe the pleasure of your presence."

Tony looks at Emma, "Oh har har with that." He said, "I heard from Steve about last nights attack. Are you all okay?"

Cindy nods, "Yeah, we are fine."

"Just a little banged up." Miles said.

Peter nods as well, "We got everyone out of the building unharmed, Mr Stark."

Tony nods while his hands rested on his chin, "Good job, Underoos."

Miles turns to Cindy and mouths, "A code name?"

Cindy shrugs her shoulders.

Tony turns to Emma, "Did you get hurt?"

"Just some bruising," She said, "But I'm good, Tony."

Tony nods and nods as he began to pace. Pepper turns to Tony, she reached over and grabbed his hand to get him to stop pacing.

"It's going to be okay, Tony." Pepper said, "We'll figure things out."

Tony nods and stops pacing.

"Tony," Emma pulled Tony out of his thoughts, "Is there another reason why you're here?"

Tony nods, "Yeah," He steps over, "There is this charity auction and I need you there."

"What?" Emma asks, "I have patrol."

Tony looks at her, "One night," He starts, "I am asking you just let the Spider Trio handle it tonight."

Emma glanced to the group, "Guys?"

Miles looks at Emma, "Peter will take lead."

Cindy nods, "We'll listen to everything he says." She says.

Emma's eyes drift to Peter, "Peter."

"We'll handle it, Em." He says.

Ned nods as he says, "MJ and I will make sure they don't get themselves into too much trouble."

MJ nods.

Emma turns from her friends to Tony, "Alright." She says, "I guess I can spare one night."

Tony smiles, "Good," He starts, "Now hurry and get ready."

Emma nods, "Fine."

Emma headed up to her room, Pepper followed to help Emma out. After the girls left, MJ and Ned head into the lair. The three spiders were about to go change into their costumes but was stopped by Tony.

"If you run into the Goblin tonight," Tony starts, "Take him out."

Peter looks at Tony, "Of course, Mr Stark."

Tony watched as the three superhero teens entered the secret room that he had built for his legal guardian. Steve, with his arms crossed on his chest, turns to Tony.

"This is the kind of thing the Avengers handle." Steve said, "I don't understand why you won't let me or even the others help them."

Tony doesn't even look at Captain America, "Because they need to do it their own. If they need our help, they'll come to us."

"And if they don't?" Steve asks, "What if they get themselves killed?"

Tony finally looks at Steve, "Let's hope it doesn't get to that."

(A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long awaited update! I have finished my Kong Skull Island story, which was fun writing. I also began writing two new stories. I'll tell you about both of them here.

First one which is published it a Riverdale crossover with Spider-Man, expect Peter Parker is not Peter Parker- he is Peter Lockhart. Every character from the movie has a different last name and a slight change to their character in some way. I have nine chapters posted already and have been just spending the last couple of days working on it before publishing it.

The second one which is still drafted is an AU of this story. This story is taking place during Spider-Man Homecoming and Emma is there but with no powers. She is also the adopted child to Tony Stark and Pepper Potts. I have seven drafts already done for that story, I am thinking about finishing the entire story before publishing it. But I'll see if people really want it now, then I'll publish it now.

Also, I know this is a rather short chapter than usual, but I wanted to end it here because next chapter will be fun to write. I'll be switching from the charity event to patrol, to see each side of the events happening. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! And also we can all agree that Harry is getting too creepy... Anyways! Until next time. -ICrzy)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 954 17
His name is Y/N Stone. He was adopted by May and Ben Parker when he was just five years old after his parents abandoned him. At the same time, a six...
187K 5.9K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...
All of Me By zwa!

Fanfiction

6.7K 340 13
"I'm supposed to save the world, Peter." "Well, there's your problem right there. You can't think about saving the whole world. You have to think ab...
2K 64 6
!! SLOW UPDATES!! "I know times are hard but I need you to trust me." "What do you mean...what are you talking about?" Spider-Man; Across the Spider...