The Hellwalker Roams: A DOOM...

De After_Hours_Writer

A lone man, one long forgotten by all, returns to his home planet, only to see nothing but death and abandonm... Mais

Dorado: Returning to Ruins
Dorado: A New Purpose
Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa
Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre
Denver to London: Look at the Time
London: They've Followed
London: A Tense Enlistment
London to Gibraltar: Base of Operations
Gibraltar: The Oddest of the Bunch
Gibraltar to Brazil: Carnival
Brazil: Talon
Brazil to Gibraltar: Summer Heat
Gibraltar to Russia: A Common Enemy
Gibraltar to Russia: The Beginning
Russia: Fallen From Grace
Russia: A Familiar Face
Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times
Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance
Junkertown to Numbani: The Plan
Numbani: Celebrities
Numbani: The Scourge Returns
Numbani: Doom
Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break
Gibraltar: A New Marine
Gibraltar: Invasion
Gibraltar to Cairo: The Demon Program
Cairo to Gibraltar: Our Next Plan of Attack

Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland

15.7K 237 327
De After_Hours_Writer

An Hour Later...
Watchpoint Gibraltar...
Doom Slayer's POV

Samuel Hayden: Googly eyes.... that's a new one.

Sitting beside Dr. Hayden with the super glued googly eyes taken off, he spoke to the young mechanic.

Hayden: Thank you, Miss Lindholm.

Brigitte: Yeah, it's not a problem.

The ninja, sitting on a different box across from us, spoke to me as he began to stand.

Genji: Walker. Brigitte. We are needed in the Command Center.

Another mission?

Command Center...

One after another...at least I get to travel the world for free.

Walking in the room with Genji and Brigitte, I noticed everyone else was gathered around the long table. As we stood beside it, commander Morrison spoke.

Morrison: There you two are. Finished up with the removals, Brigitte?

Brigitte: Yeah, though it took a while with the superglue.

Everyone involved glared at Lena as she finished her sentence.

Lena: What? I thought it was funny, and so does Zenyatta.

The Omnic monk began to nod, whilst still having the googly eyes attached.

Morrison: Moving on. There are reports of two international criminals in the Outback of Australia.

Angela: Talon?

Morrison: No.

Winston: Is it who I'm assuming it is?

Morrison: The two Junkers.

Winston: Of course it is.

Junkers?

VEGA: Junkers?

Ana: Junkertown natives of Australia. The Australian Liberation Front's attack on the omnium there forever changed the landscape of the Outback, turning it into an irradiated wasteland.

VEGA: These "omniums". What are they?

Morrison: Self-improving automated robotic factories.

Ah. So it sounds like in a way, it's a nuclear facility.

Winston: Apparently, they didn't think about the consequences of attacking the omnium's fusion core. It's like hitting a nuclear bomb with a hammer.

Ana: And with its destruction, the survivors of the blast scavenged up what they could of the omnium and created their own society from it: Junkertown.

Morrison: And with it came these two...

Tossing two photos on to the table, I dragged them towards me and inspected them.

Unsurprising for wastelanders...well at least the one with the mask.

Ana: Jamison Fawkes and Mako Rutledge, or better known as their aliases: " Junkrat" and "Roadhog". Former scavengers of Junkertown turned mercenaries, responsible for strings of robberies, murder, homicides, you get the picture. Their creed: "No job too big, no score too small."

Are we hiring mercenaries now?

VEGA: What do you wish for us to do?

Morrison: Recently, we've been informed by an anonymous source that someone in Talon has tried to reach the two of them in Junkertown. We need to put an end to whatever they're up to.

Ana: In essence, find the man who hired the two and take care of him. As for Junkrat and Roadhog, put them in a cell. We'd be better off doing that than letting them continue their rampage.

Looking around, VEGA asked the question I was thinking about.

VEGA: Who will be joining us on this mission, Ms. Amari?

A Few Hours Later...
Overwatch Command Ship...

The grandma and Brigitte.... huh.

Waiting for the ship to land, I sat in silence with the Praetor Suit on, watching Brigitte as she worked on her portable shield. Testing the shield out herself, I began to wonder how such a thing was created in the first place. 

A portable shield on the wrist that extended out on command. A little bit fascinating to see.

Resting my back against the wall, I heard the old woman's voice speak from beside me, making me jump a bit.

Ana: Walker.

AH! Don't do that!

She took notice of the sudden movement.

Ana: Did I scare you? I'm sorry. I just came to see what you are up to.

What do you mean, "What you are up to?" I'm up to nothing.

She watched as Brigitte put down the shield and continued working on it, then turned back to me with a smirk on her face.

Ana: Oh, I see what you are up to.

What?

Ana: It seems you've taken an interest in Torbjörn's daughter.

No.

VEGA: No, he hasn't.

Ana: VEGA, is that what he told you to say?

VEGA: Yes.

VEGA!

Ana: Well, it's no wonder you've been around her more than your own living space.

It takes forever to do a marvelous job on the suit.

Ana: We'll keep this little secret between the two of us, Walker....and maybe Fareeha.

Wait, wha-?

Ana: Oh look, we're here!

No no no, what did you just say?

She shouted loud enough to have Brigitte hear her. Turning around in response, she noticed the two of us together and waved, grabbing her mace and shield and approaching us as I stood up.

Brigitte: Oh! I didn't see you two there.

Ana: It's alright dear, we were just having a nice chat. How's the shield coming along?

Brigitte: Hopefully, I've fixed the issue with it.

Ana: Good.

Feeling the ground shake a bit, the ship touched down onto the hot sand. Walking outside as the doors opened, we grouped up at the entrance to the walled off city. Waiting around, an old man's voice came through an intercom next to the city's gate.

???: Who are ya, and what do ya want?

Ana: I'll handle the talking.

Approaching the gate, she spoke.

Ana: We've came here in search of  two international criminals.

???: I'm guessing Jamison and Mako.

A little too on the nose.

Ana nodded.

Ana: Yes.

???: Oh, thank god! The Queen's been looking for those blokes herself.

Queen?

???: Aight. Come on in and ask around if ya want. Put your guns away too.

We entered inside as the man opened up the gates to the city, closing them behind once we were in. At a first glance, the people around us minded their own business. Then once one of them took notice of us, they all eventually stared back at us, as if we didn't belong. A sense of hostility filled the air around us.

I don't like this place at all. Too much hostility.

VEGA: It seems that none of us are comfortable here.

Brigitte: Let's try the bar. It's usually the best place to gather information.

Nodding in agreement, we headed into a rundown bar. Upon entering, the bartender spoke from behind the counter whilst cleaning a shot glass.

Bartender: We got beer and what passes as whiskey here.

Brigitte: I...wouldn't mind giving the whiskey a shot.

She drinks?

VEGA: I got the pun.

What pun?

Ana: We're here for information regarding Jamison and Mako.

The patrons glared at the three of us after mentioning them.

Bartender: Ah, those two... You're not the first to search for 'em. Guy in a wierd outfit came here a few days ago, asked the same thing.

Ana: Could you describe what he looked like?

Hearing footsteps behind us, I turned my head a bit to see a few armed men standing around Brigitte. Two of them smaller types with hunting knives and the last one twice my size and covered in tattoos.

Oh boy. Wonder what they're after?

VEGA: Surrounding Miss Lindholm and smelling her hair-.

Wait, wh-?

VEGA: I've determined the possibility of sexual-.

Brigitte: Hey!

*BONG!*

VEGA: Assault.

Brigitte: That's my butt you're rubbing on!

Should've seen this coming.

Turning around to see one of the smaller men unconscious on the floor, the other ran towards her with his hunting knife, only to be bashed to the floor with her shield.

At least she has it under control.

The biggest in the group raised his fist and hit her shield as hard as he could, knocking her back and hitting my chestplate.

Or maybe not.

Grabbing the Super Shotgun and raising it over Brigitte's head, I aimed both barrels at the man's skull. VEGA spoke to Brigitte before I pulled the trigger.

VEGA: I recommend covering your ears.

*BOOM!*

Watching the headless corpse fall back, I reloaded the double barrel monstrosity and held it firm. The other patrons of the bar immediately returned to their usual business, making an effort to look away from us. As we turned back to Ana and the barkeep, she nodded and began to head out of the bar.

Ana: We got what we need.

Brigitte: We're out of here?

Ana: Yep.

Brigitte: Finally. What did he tell you?

Ana: Someone wearing Vishkar clothing sent the two of them out of the country to eliminate an associate.

VEGA: And where is it that we are going?

Ana: Numbani, Nigeria. I'll inform Commander Morrison once we return to the ship..

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

336K 8.3K 25
You were one of the witch's most favorite experiment. One day you and your friend had enough and somehow managed to escape. Years later you and your...
3.9K 153 18
#12 in #OVERWATCH #29 sci-fi romance Brian is an average 18-year old high school senior dreaming of finding his purpose. He leads a mundane life, str...
5.4K 50 24
(Complete) Idk what to really put here, its a love story between Tracer and a Male Talon agent so um...enjoy? 😇 They're working now! The pictures th...
93.1K 1.3K 43
Will she be you're first weakness?