Only You ── TOM HOLLAND

بواسطة offIine

ONLY YOU. Growing up, you're taught that it's okay to love and to be in love. For some, love comes e... المزيد

00. The Numbers
01. Alex's Day
02. Tulips
03. Waffle Time
04. Platonic Soulmates
05. The Amanda Show
06. Mommy Issues
07. Fake Love
08. Conflicted
10. Turmoil
11. Best Friend Love
12. Secret Code
13. Because I Love You
14. Never Been the Same
15. I Don't Deserve You
16. I'm Not Happy
17. The Worst Nightmare
18. That Was Love
19. I Love You More Than Anything
20. Fake it Till You Make it
21. Obligation Not Love
22. The Second Choice
23. Above the Ground
24. The Second Second Choice
25. Mom's New Boyfriend
26. You Are Mine
27. Tulips Together
Epilogue
ONLY YOU.

09. Disowned

6K 342 305
بواسطة offIine

— • —

I think I made a terrible mistake.

I don't know how she did it, but somehow Selena managed to convince me to go over to her house for a "family meeting." I cringed the moment the words left her mouth, and when I went to decline her offer, Selena informed me that she would revoke the title of godmother I've earned. I knew it was total bullshit because she'd never do that to me, but I felt guilty. Curse my good heart and always guilty conscious. So I allowed her to pick me up from my office and drag me to her house.

But wait. This whole "family meeting" gets worse.

Selena promised me it wouldn't take long, so I suggested going during my lunch break, in case it did take too long so I can use that as an excuse to leave. She accepted the circumstances, and came to get me during my lunch. But silly me, I forgot I have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who works in the same building as me and always wants to have lunch with me. How could I forget? So Selena comes to get me, then sees Isaac walking into the building with some lunch, completely unaware of who he was. That is until he grinned at the sight of me, before proceeding to greet me with a forehead kiss. Selena screamed. Isaac jumped. Long story short, she mentioned what we were doing, and Isaac being himself decided he wanted to attend for two reasons. He'd been bugging me to introduce him to my family and was keen on doing it himself, and he also wanted to guarantee I'd "make amends" with my mother.

I say "make amends" because it wasn't going to happen. No matter how much he wanted to push me to do it, I will never utter the words "you're forgiven" to that witch, not that I can see that happening. My mother doesn't apologize to anybody.

"Selena, I don't want to do this," I mumbled, my arms crossed over my chest. We've been parked for five minutes now, both Isaac and Selena standing on the passenger side, trying to coax me out of the car. I don't usually resort to such childish measures, but I couldn't do it. I physically can't face my mother, not after the argument we had at my apartment. It certainly wouldn't help that Isaac was present, seeing as he was mentioned one too many times in said argument.

"Vee, c'mon," Selena sighed, my eyes darting up to hers. "I just want this all to be over with. I'm just as mad at Mom as you are, but I can't be stressing like this. It's not healthy. So if not for your sake, do it for mine? For the baby?"

I know she's trying to manipulate me. And I hate that it's working.

"Fine," I huffed out, the two sighing in relief. "But Isaac isn't coming."

"What?" Isaac scoffed, stepping back as I got out of the car. "You can't be serious."

"I am very serious." I crossed my arms once more. "I didn't want you to meet my family, and you knew that. I don't know why you even came."

Isaac let out a heavy sigh. "I came because I want you to make up with your mom."

"This isn't the right time to meet my family, and I've told you why. Why can't you just let me introduce you when the time is right?"

"Vee–" Selena attempted to interject, most likely sensing the tension that was building between the two of us.

"Because if it were up to you, you'd never introduce me to your family. It's like you're ashamed of me or something," Isaac blurted, deep frown tugging at his lips as he spoke.

Okay, that hurt. My face fell at the look of defeat on his face, and my eyes quickly darted over to Selena. Instantly understanding my look, Selena gestured behind her before leaving the two of us alone. It's like every ounce of frustration vanished at the words Isaac spoke, my heart reaching out for the boy in front of me.

"Isaac," I spoke softly, his gaze lifting from his feet to meet my eyes. "You think I'm ashamed of you?"

"Sure as hell seems that way," he heaved out.

My heart instantly sank. I'd been so caught up in my own problems that I'd been neglecting the one person who should be my main focus. I'm making him feel the way my mom's been making me feel. Just the thought of it made me sick. Had I turned into her? So focused on myself that I have no regard for others around me? Was I doing this to everybody? Is that why Mandy is too busy for me, or Tom makes up excuses to not hang out with me?

"I'm sorry." I could feel the tears gathering in my eyes as reality set in, Isaac's features instantly softening. "I'm so sorry, Isaac. I'm so so sorry." In an instant, I was being pulled forward and embraced, my face pressed against Isaac's chest. "Please, forgive me. Please."

No words were spoken, just a kiss pressed to the top of my head, his hold around my tightening. But that was all the confirmation I needed.

Ten minutes must have passed before we left that parking lot, Selena still waiting in front for us. I stiffened upon seeing who she was speaking to, the two wearing matching looks of concern. "Sel," I spoke up, bringing both pairs of eyes to me. "Uh, hi Tom."

"Are you guys okay?" Selena asked immediately, not giving Tom the chance to return the greeting.

"We're fine, but Isaac isn't coming up with us," I explained quickly, Selena nodding in understanding. Once again, my eyes trailed over to Tom, who's gaze was already settled on me. Without thinking, I found myself tugging my hand out of Isaac's, the small act somehow seeming wrong at the moment. I could see Isaac's head turn from the corner of my eye, but I looked forward, pretending to not see the look he was sending me. "Tom?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" He blurted, eyes not daring to look Isaac's way. I knew that was his way of referring to what happened the other day. I knew he pieced things together. I realized as soon as I saw the way he was looking at me that day, like something was bothering him. It was when Harrison finally went to the bathroom that Tom gave me a hug, not a single thing was said, just a tight embrace was shared. I don't know why I was so hesitant to tell him about my fight with Isaac to this day, but something told me if he knew the details of the fight, I'd gain nothing from it besides more problems.

I swallowed harshly, nodding slightly. "I'm fine, don't worry about me."

The sound of Isaac clearing his throat caused the two of us to break our eye contact, and for a moment, I forgot my boyfriend was even in my presence. His features had hardened once more, the green eyes I found warmth in just moments ago looking at me coldly. "See you at work," he muttered, leaving a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Right..." I trailed off, unsure of his sudden shift in mood. "Let's go, Sel, Tom."

"Tom?" Isaac questioned, causing the three of us to pause. His eyebrows were knitted together as he gestured to Tom. "Why is he going?"

"I live here, mate," Tom replied bluntly, making Isaac stiffen.

"Right," he deadpanned, turning on his heels. "Bye, then. Vee, text me when you're back at the office."

I had barely opened my mouth when he began walking away, not allowing me to respond to his request. A frown settled on my lips as I watched his fleeing figure for a moment, before turning my attention to Selena and Tom. "Let's just go," I muttered, leading the way into the lobby.

"Is he always like that?" Selena asked with a frown.

"Not all the ti–" "Yes."

I turned to Tom with furrowed brows, his quick response throwing me off. As far as I know, the two have only met once. "How would you know?" I rose an eyebrow, Tom instantly stiffening. "You've only met him once."

"I'm just assuming," he muttered, head low as he pressed the button for the elevator. "I mean, you guys did fight the other day, and a time before that. It's a fair assumption to make."

My lips tugged into a frown at his words. "Fighting is normal for couples."

Selena cleared her throat, tearing my narrowed gaze away from Tom and to herself. "Two–three now, major fights so soon into the relationship, Vee? That may be normal for couples, but not for soulmates."

"I'm not talking about this," I huffed out, practically stomping into the elevator when it arrived. "I'm here to talk about my issues with Mom, not my issues with Isaac."

"Issues? As in, plural?" I let out a heavy sigh at the incredulous look on Tom's face. "Vee, there shouldn't be problems so soon into the relationship."

"There isn't!"

"You just said there is," Selena scoffed.

"Look, can we talk about this later? Right now, I just need the two of you to support me through this."

"Two of us?" Selena repeated, eyes wide. "I thought you just kicked out Isaac because you didn't want him in our family drama."

"Yeah, and I'm replacing him with Tom," I sighed, hands working on tying up my hair. "Mom was already a bitch to him, and he's still here, I have nothing left to lose." I looked to Tom to see if he wanted to pull out of the situation I just dragged him into, but he didn't look fazed in the slightest, probably already assuming I'd ask for his support.

Selena pursed her lips, eyes darting between the two of us before heaving out a sigh. "Fine, but Tom, you can't fight her battles for her. My mom will literally rip your head off."

Tom snorted. "I don't doubt that for a second."

When I stepped into Selena's apartment, I was starting to think maybe I made a mistake sending Isaac home. I didn't want him being involved in my family's drama, but I know for a fact that my mother wouldn't have thrown a fit if she'd seen Isaac by my side instead of Tom. The look of pure hatred in her eyes when I stepped out of the elevator was already present, but her glare only grew harder at the sight of both Selena and Tom by my side, more specifically Tom.

"Woah, Tom Holland?" Alex's amazed voice broke me out of the unspoken staring contest with my mother, the sight of my brother's excited grin calming me slightly. "Vee, you never told me you were friends with Tom Holland!"

"Tom, this is my brother, Alex," I introduced the two, completely ignoring my glaring mother, who was waiting very impatiently for the interaction to come to an end. She obviously came here to fight, so she could wait a minute or two while I introduce Tom to people that won't treat him like an ass. "And this is my dad. Papi, this is my best friend, Tom."

Tom cracked a smile as he shook their hands, the three boys exchanging low greetings to one another. It was a nice sight, the three most important men in my life interacting, even if it was just for a few short seconds. It was a pleasant little memory, something I haven't had much of lately.

"Why do you keep bringing this random man with you everywhere when you belong to someone else?"

Pleasant memory ruined.

The ghost of a smile I wore was wiped clean off at my mother's question, my eyes already narrowed by the time I turned to her. "I don't belong to anyone." She let out a chuckle. "That's our problem. We have different views of the entire thing a soulmate stands for, and you can't accept that."

"Because there are no different meanings for it, you made something up to make yourself feel better after deciding you were destined to be alone. Get that through your head, Venus."

I could feel my heart plummet at her words, the room becoming eerily silent. I couldn't tell if what I was feeling was an overwhelming amount of sadness or anger at her belief that I was destined to be alone, but all I knew was this entire scene was not going to end well. I've spent too long enduring this abuse from her, accepting blow after blow without even attempting to fight back. I was sick of it.

"I'm leaving," I spoke softly, picking up the bag I dropped just a few minutes ago. "Tom, can you take me back to work?" Said boy nodded slightly, quickly taking the bag from my hand, hiking it over his own shoulder. I could see Selena's look of confusion as I walked past her and to the elevator, yet she didn't question what I was doing.

"That's it?" I rose my head at the question, my mother's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "No snarky remark? No unnecessary rebuttal? You're just leaving?"

"Do you want me to fight you back, because all this time, it just seems like you wanted me to give up," I muttered, the elevator ding earning my attention. "So, you're welcome. I've given up on you. Disown me as your daughter if you want, I hope you do, because you sure as hell aren't my mother." As though perfectly timed, the elevator closed, leaving myself and Tom standing in it in silence.

It wasn't until Tom shuffled closer to me and pulled me into him that I realized I was crying. I guess I'd gotten so used to crying lately that it became normal for me, and so the tears streamed freely down my cheeks without even a second thought. It's when my arms wrapped around his torso that the tears truly began to show themselves, my body shaking as sob after sob escaped me. Tom's hand ran through my hair comfortingly, not having a single care about his t-shirt that'd most likely be stained with my running makeup.

"I'm sorry," I choked out, only to be immediately shushed by Tom, his hold around me tightening. Even when the elevator dinged, his hold of me didn't loosen, the two of us navigating through the lobby that way. It was when we stepped into the parking garage that I was finally able to separate myself from him, my vision still blurred with tears. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this," I whispered, using my sleeve to wipe at my eyes.

His hand grabbed onto my own, bringing it back down to my side before using his own hand to wipe at the stray tears. I could feel my bottom lip beginning to tremble when his hand lingered on my cheek, a new wave of tears threatening to spill over. "I'm here for you, Vee," he insisted, other hand raising to cup my other cheek. "I'm not going to abandon you when you need someone, I want to be here for you, I want to support you. Okay?"

"Okay," I breathed out, eyes squeezing shut as the tears pricked at my eyes. "Then can you hold me again?" I let out a whimper when the tears spilled over, my head pressed to Tom's chest once more.

I didn't end up making it to work until well after my lunch break was over, the next hour or so spent with Tom. I can't put into words how much I appreciated and loved the boy. I stained his shirt with my tears, and took up his valuable spare time, yet not a single complaint was heard from him. Instead, he offered words of comfort, insisting that things were going to be okay, and that I'd always have him. And it made me cry harder. Not because I was sad, but because he was the only good thing I had left in my life.

I had given up on my mother and my relationship with Isaac was in shambles. Tom was all I have right now, and I was okay with that. I was completely okay with only being surrounded by Tom and the uncontrollable love we held for one another.

And it made me think.

When I eventually stopped crying, I asked Tom to finally take me to work. That's when my thoughts began to consume me. Thoughts of Isaac, and how I was going to talk to him about what happened without having another fight break out. Almost like Tom could see the thoughts going a thousand miles an hour in my mind, his hand reached for mine, intertwining it with his own. But that only made me thoughts go more wild. Except with thoughts of him. As I stared at our intertwined hands, I couldn't help but think for a second, maybe the universe made a mistake. Maybe I was the one person in all of history who's numbers were messed up, and the person I belonged to wasn't one who matched mine. But that thought was quickly abandoned when we arrived at my job, the boy who's heart supposedly belonged to me waiting for me inside.

I kept my head low as I walked into the office, Mandy instantly knowing something was up, as I heard her telling the person on the phone that I was in a meeting for the day and couldn't speak. I wasn't at all surprised to see Isaac waiting for me in my office, the boy shooting up from his seat as I walked past him and to the flowers on the windowsill.

"When were you going to tell me Tom lived in the same building as Selena?"

Of course that was his concern, not that I just walked into my office with my head low, an obvious indication that something was wrong with me. "Didn't think it mattered," I mumbled, fingers fiddling with the dead flowers.

"All those times you asked me to drop you off at Selena's, you were seeing Tom, hm?" I stayed silent, assuming he didn't want to hear a response to the question, already sounding as if he'd made up his mind about it. "Why did you never tell me that?"

"You never asked," I sighed.

"You're a liar."

"Get out."

I turned around in time to see Isaac's eyebrows shoot up. "Excuse me?"

"Get out," I repeated slowly. "Get out of my office, right now."

"Vee–"

"No, you don't give a single shit about me or how I'm feeling, knowing what I just went through, and I don't want to deal with it. Get out." When he opened his mouth to make a rebuttal, I couldn't contain it anymore. "Isaac, get the fuck out!" My voice had raised much louder than he expected, his eyes widening before he scurried out of the office. I let out a heavy sigh when I locked eyes with Mandy, her own eyes wide with concern. Ignoring all the curious onlookers, I nodded to Mandy, the girl instantly dropping what she was doing and rushing into my office.

"What is going on?" She breathed out, shutting my office door gently.

"I wish I fucking knew."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

384K 11.5K 56
PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushed when you move away to another state. E...
5.3K 90 23
Can you love someone with whom you had arranged marriage? Can two people love even though they are not married to each other with their consent? No m...
22.2K 647 25
You'd always lived a pretty normal life. Aside from family troubles that weren't necessarily uncommon, you were the average secondary school student...
148K 3.5K 17
True love is when another person's happiness is equally as important as your own. True love isn't easy, but it must be fought for. Because once you f...