The Devil You Know (A Superna...

skytheangel által

Sam and Dean aren't the only well known hunters in this crazy supernatural universe. There was a time when th... Több

Prologue
A Hunt Gone Wrong
Crossroads Demon
Something's Up
Two Minutes To Midnight
A Dark Place
Nothing Stays The Same In Wonderland
Family Remains
No Rest For The Wicked
Demon Disguised As A Hunter
The Long Ride
The Devil Comes A Knockin'
An Old 'Friend'
Cars
Old Friends and New Enemies
The Bunker
Trust Issues
The Hunter's Trick
Chit-Chat
Snake
Here We Go Again
Sexy Demon Sex
Winchester & Morgan
Just Some Light Reading
Unexpected Visitor
*Chance Meeting*
Sisterhood
Updates Soon!
NOTE
Don't Kill Me
INPUT PLEASE

The Devil Inside

4K 163 14
skytheangel által

Spencer and I followed the guys outside where we all exchanged phone numbers. Those would come in handy, especially in a group of four where we will most likely be splitting up... Hopefully.

We decide to stick around for a bit since all the demons tagged up in one joint. We figured they might still be hanging around, possibly waiting for the right moment to jump right back in their old bodies. There's also no doubt that there were more than what we saw in the diner.

I found my car, which was parked a little ways down the road on the side of the road. There was a 1967 Chevy Impala parked in front of it, and I could only assume who owned that car. Sam and Dean followed up behind us, walking towards it. Yup. At least they had good taste in cars.

"Beautiful car." I complimented. I was gonna be hunting with these guys, might as well lighten the tension a little. Plus, what hunter doesn't like to get compliments about their car. They're all precious to at least a few of us.

Dean smiled, patting the hood of the car. "Isn't she?" He looked up at the car parked behind his. He pointed to the car, then me, raising his eyebrows to signify he was asking a nonverbal question. I nodded. "Well, then right back at ya. You got a nice taste in cars."

I chuckled, walking past him to my car. "It was actually my dad's. He, uh, gave it to me a month before he died." Dean made that face that said 'Oh... I didn't know.' Sam gave me a sympathetic look. It wasn't just pity though, it was understanding.

"Wait, did you guys...?" I started.

"Yeah, a few years back actually. Our mom too." Dean answered before I could finish the question. Huh. Looks like we had a lot more in common than I thought.

"We lost our mom too." Spencer told them.

"Well, join the club I guess." I said with a laugh.

"Hey, all hunters know the risks at stake when they enter this life." Dean said, opening to the door of the Impala. We all nodded. That was so true. Everyone lost someone, or they died themselves. Either way, it wasn't a pretty life, but its the only one hunters know. Some try to leave the life, but it always ends horribly.

"So, let's find these sons of bitches." I said, sliding into the front seat and closing the door. I saw Dean smirk out of the corner of my eye when I opened the door. I guess you could say we were all in position now. All we had to do was wait for these demons to show their ugly ass faces.

Woah. I wonder what my demon face looked like? Aw man, I probably looked hideous. Oh well. I shook it off and searched around the street. There was an alleyway to my right, and I saw two men walking out of it. I pointed to them. "Hey, hey, hey. Demons."

"What?" Spencer turned to look at them. "How can you tell?"

I never took my eyes off of them. "I'm a demon. You can kinda see your kind." I responded, a little sarcastically.

"Then why couldn't you tell that we were surrounded by demons in the diner? That would've been nice to know."

I finally looked away from the demons but was still watching them out of the corner of my eye. "I just became a demon like yesterday. I'm still learning some things." She nodded. I pulled out my phone and found Dean's contact, dialing his number. He picked up on the second ring.

"Yeah?"

"Couple of demons. 3:00." I could see the silhouette of Dean leaning over to see what I was talking about.

"How can you tell?" I sighed but not too loud. I didn't want him suspicious.

"I've dealt with my fair share to know a demon when I see one." I explained. The line went silent. He hadn't hung up, he just wasn't talking. Nothing was going on in the car in front of us. Apparently, Dean didn't believe what I just told him. This time I sighed loudly. "I saw their eyes." I lied.

"Alright. You two hang back for this one. We got this." He said, then hung up the phone. I threw my phone down.

"What?" Spencer asked. She knew when I was pissed. Not to mention I just threw my phone. "The dicks don't think we can handle this one." She didn't say anything at first.

"...Can you handle this one?" She asked a little nervously. Why does she keep thinking I can't handle it? I'm not exactly one of them. I can kill them. Unless its something else. Unless she thinks that if I tangle with some demons I might fall off the rails. No, that wasn't happened. I still have some humanity.

"How many times do I have to say yes, Spencer?" I said, a little too harsh. She flinched slightly at my tone. I held up a hand in apology, then turned to watch Sam and Dean gank those demons.

They sort of just charged after them, spraying them with holy water which caused them to back up into the alley. Smart. That way no civilians will see two 'men' getting stabbed to death. The demons put up a fight but it wasn't long before they were both stabbed in the chest. Dean had stabbed one and then noticed that Sam was pinned against the wall. The demon was right in front of Sam, so Dean tossed him there knife, and Sam stabbed it. Then he fell to the ground, clutching his neck.

Dean helped him up then turned to us, giving us a thumbs up and a wink. They started walkingv back towards the Impala when an invisible force knocked them both back into the alley, against the wall. Their demon blade skittered across the ground, out of reach. Then, two more demons appeared. They had big devious grins plastered on their face. Damnit. I opened the door, getting out of the car.

"What are you doing?" Spencer asked. Did she not see that they needed help?

"Spence, they need help. Those demons are gonna kill them, and I'm the reason they're here in the first place." I walked to the trunk of the car and opened it, revealing all of our weapons.

"Let me help." Spencer offered, opening her door. I waved her offer to the side. "I got this. The sons of bitches saved my life, now I have to save theirs." She nodded and got back in the car. I pulled out my bow and a quiver of special arrows. I had learned a couple things in Hell. Not just how to make a knife that can kill demons.

The bow was nothing special but if a demon gets shot in the heart with one of these arrows? Peace out, bitches. I did have a demon blade but I preferred to keep my distance. Especially since Sam and Dean were defenseless against two demons. I could kill one up close but then the other would either kill me first or reveal what I was, and I couldn't have either of those.

I slung the quiver over my shoulder and held the bow at my side. I needed to be on top of a building for this. I picked one that wasn't too far from the alley, that gave me a good shot. Then I willed myself to be on top of it and boom. There I was.

I found a good vantage point, quickly. You'd think the demons would've killed the Winchesters by now, but I guess they had to talk about their feelings first. I aimed at the first demon, right as they started twisting and closing their hands. Sam and Dean got pained looks on their faces. I released the arrow, and it hit right where I wanted it to. The demon jerked, flashing orange and then fell to the ground. I shot the other one just as quickly as that one. Sam and Dean both fell to the ground, gasping in pain. Its a good thing I'm a pretty skilled archer.

I appeared back on the ground and ran up to them, helping them up. "Are you guys ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Once our lungs fill up with air and our hearts stop trying to beat out of our chest." Dean replied. I chuckled. Yeah, they'd be fine. They leaned themselves against the wall, trying to catch their breath. Dean pointed to my bow. "Wh-Where did you get that?"

I held it up for them to examine. "What this? I got it a while back with my dad." I actually had about five bows. Two of them I made. This one was my newest and best one.

"What about the arrows?" Sam asked. "How the hell did they kill those demons?" I walked over to where their demon blade fell and picked it up, balancing it in my hand.

"Same way this can."

"But we've never heard of an arrow that can kill a demon. Hell, we don't even know how this knife can kill one, it just does." Dean said, snatching the knife out of my hand.

"Not everything is a mystery, Dean." I told him. "If you don't know how that knife works then how'd you get it in the first place?" I asked.

Sam looked up at me. His eyes were suddenly filled with suspicion. "A demon gave it to us." Crap. This is what I get for saving these idiots. I stayed calm and casual. I could control what emotions I show, so I made sure not to shift my eyes or tense up.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean asked. He was getting angry now. He took a step forward, causing me to take a step backward. "We've been through this. Lexi."

"Oh, that's not what I meant." Dean growled. "Who. Are. You?"

"I don't think it matters, just as long as we-" Dean cut me off, yelling angrily. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

I sighed. There was no way I was getting out of this. They had probably gotten suspicious when I told them about the two demons. I looked at Sam then Dean. I glanced down, closing my eyes and then opened them. My eyes flashed black as I looked back at Sam and Dean.

They took a step back. "You're a damn demon?!" Dean growled, pulling his arm back, ready to stab me. I blinked and my eyes went back to normal. I held my arms up in defense. "Woah!"

Sam came up behind Dean, holding his arm back. "Dean, she just saved our lives. You wanna repay her by killing her?" Dean immediately turned on Sam.

"She's a demon, Sam! Haven't you already learned your lesson with Ruby?"

"Woah, Ruby?" I interrupted. They both turned to me. "You think I'm like Ruby? I'm nothing like that backstabbing whore!" Now I was just offended. I had heard about Ruby in my time in Hell. She was dead now but that doesn't mean they don't still talk about her.

"Oh, no. You're just a demon that's trying to make us believe you remember what its like to be human. Glinda the Good, right?" Dean rhetorted. I crossed my arms and sighed angrily.

"As a matter of fact I do."

"Well goody for you. Last time we dealt with a 'good' demon, the apocalypse started." Dean said, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

"Did I mention I was only in Hell for five years? And that my sister over there was the reason I got out so soon?"

"So?" Wow this guy was stubborn. I walked up to him, knocking the knife out of his hand and stared him in the face.

"Let me tell you something. When I got out, I had no idea what the hell was going on. I freaked out when I found out what I was. But you know what? I was a hunter before, and I sure as hell ain't stopping now." I took a step back, watching them register that. I picked up Dean's knife and put it back in his hand. "So, if you wanna kill me, do it."

Dean looked at the knife then back at me. He was actually hesitant. He didn't know what he wanted to do. I wanted to smile at the fact that I might have actually gotten through that thick skull of his, but he might take that as me tricking them.

He glanced at Sam who shrugged. "You really do have most of your humanity?" Sam asked. I nodded.

"And you were really a hunter before all this? You weren't lying about everything you told us?" Dean added. I nodded again.

"Why should we trust you?" Sam asked. He must've been the one that made the mistake of trusting Ruby. Now he was probably extremely wary when it comes to demons like me. "Because I just saved your asses." I turned to Dean. "And I've got a little sister to look after. I'm sure you know what that's like."

Dean sighed and put his knife in his jacket. Phew. I knew if I actually told them to kill me after all of that, they wouldn't. "Dean, what the hell are you doing?"

"Its fine, Sammy."

"Wait, you actually believe her? After everything we've been through?" Sam clearly had trust issues now. Even with his brother. I wonder what could have possibly happened between them. Nothing good, that's for sure.

"I said its fine, Sam." Dean repeated. "She's still a hunter, and she did just save our lives." Sam movedhis fingers through his hair in frustration. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" Dean gave me a small smile then followed Sam around the corner.

They didn't go very far because I could still hear them from where I was. "Are you insane? She's a demon! You're the one that always told me not to trust demons and now you're doing it?" Sam whisper-shouted.

"Look, man. I'm not saying we trust her right off the bat." Oh, that's nice. Very reassuring. "But she hasn't given us any reason not to! She just saved our lives, Sam. And she has a freaking little sister! Can't you see where I'm coming from?" Dean explained. It almost sounded like he was pleading.

It got quiet for a second, then Sam said, "You like her don't you?" Wait a minute. Woah. Back up. Can someone please rewind? Did he just say that Dean liked me? "Dude, shut up."

"You do, don't you?" Sam asked expectantly. "Don't lie to me Dean. I can see right through you." I heard Dean sigh. "Alright, fine. Maybe." This seemed like a moment when Sam would cock an eyebrow. "I don't know, Sam! I just feel like we can trust her."

"I felt like we could trust Ruby! I mean, she saved our lives too." Sam told him. He was still trying to talk him out of it, even after what just happened.

"She's just different! She doesn't seem like Ruby. I'm pretty sure Ruby didn't get out of Hell early, or have a little sister that she cared about." I smiled. There was more to Dean than meets the eye.

Sam sighed loudly. "Alright, fine. We'll give her a chance. We still have to finish this hunt, after all." I heard Dean patting Sam's back. "Thanks, Sammy."

They walked back into the alley. I acted like I heard nothing. I was trying not to smile about what Sam said about Dean liking me. We had only just met... I guess I just have that affect. Dean was a pretty decent looking guy. Ok, no, he was way more than decent looking. There's no denying that.

"Alright, Lexi! What do you say we finish this job and gank some evil sons of bitches?" Dean asked. He seemed excited that Sam had actually decided to give me a chance. I chuckled and followed him out the alley.

I thought for a minute. What I was thinking was a tough choice to make, but I decided to do it anyway. "Hey, Sam? Do you mind if I ride with Dean?" I hadn't gotten to drive in my car all that much yet, but I really wanted to spend some time with Dean. I wanted to make sure he trusted me.

Sam was reluctant, I could tell. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Dean was giving him a pleading look. I smiled. "Yeah, that's fine." Wow. I didn't expect him to say that.

I put my bow and quiver in my trunk and walked up to Spencer's door. "What took you guys so long?" She asked.

"We had a bit of a mishap." I explained, showing her my black eyes. She nodded in understanding. "Move over, baby sis. I'm riding with Dean so Sam's joining you, and I do not want anyone but you or me driving this car."

Sge looked at me surprised. I was just as surprised as she was. I loved driving this car, but I kinda liked Dean too. She shrugged and obliged. I walked past Sam to sit in the passenger seat of the Impala. Dean looked over at me and smiled. It felt weird being a demon and having a hunter like you.

He turned the key in the ignition and the engine purred. "Wow! Listen to her purr!" Dean chuckled. "Yup, she's a real beauty." He turned the radio on and my favorite kind of music started playing. Ok, this guy was awesome. "So, where are we headed?" I asked.

"To the motel for now, I guess." Spencer drove away, and we followed. I guess Sam would tell her where we were going.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

155K 3.1K 26
You were a normal hunter going to complete a salt and burn. In and out, right? Wrong, you met two handsome brothers and get mixed up with them. What'...
7.2K 327 47
It had been one year since Alexis had been in the hunting world. One year since Sam had pushed Lucifer back into the pit and stopped the apocalypse...
79.7K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
15.4K 521 33
Have you ever wondered what it was like to save people's lives? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to find out you have two secret siblings...