The Rampant Bond

נכתב על ידי keyleehargis

After the sectors being demolished under the reign of Queen Scarlett and King Christian, Katherine Heights wa... עוד

Before You Read
Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Shelter
Chapter Three|| Curious
Chapter Five|| What to do
Chapter Six|| Mates
Chapter Seven|| Moving In
Chapter Eight|| Stacy
Chapter Nine|| Just Friends
Chapter Ten|| Full Moons
Chapter Eleven|| I'm Sorry
Chapter Twelve|| Picking Sides
Chapter Thirteen|| Rudeness
Chapter Fourteen|| Whisper of lies
Chapter Fifteen|| Regret
Chapter Sixteen|| Mom's Guidance
Chapter Seventeen|| Talks
Chapter Eighteen|| Date Night
Chapter Nineteen|| Mommy & Daddy
Chapter Twenty|| The Marking
Chapter Twenty One|| Unknown Callers
Chapter Twenty Two|| Sneaky Plans
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Notes
Chapter Twenty-Four|| Mad Alphas
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Missing friends
Chapter Twenty-Six|| What to do
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| By the sea
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| Need a getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| New Jersey
Chapter Thirty|| Tag
Chapter Thirty-One|| Breakdowns
Chapter Thirty-Two|| Plans
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Aftermath
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Preparing
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Heat
Chapter Thirty-Six|| The day after
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Trying
Thirty-Eight|| Positive
Chapter Thirty-Nine|| News
Epilogue

Chapter Four|| And thus they meet

29.3K 1.6K 128
נכתב על ידי keyleehargis

{Katherine's POV}

"So you're telling me he kicked you out? Like y'all are actually done? For good?" Stephanie asked as she whipped up Ivy some lunch.

I came here last night and crashed on her couch only to wake up this morning by the man who drops Ivy off.

"Yes," I grumbled sipping my third cup of coffee.

"So, how long will you be staying here?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I have enough money to go and get an apartment. I just need to go and look for one. I think I'm going to go today." I replied and stood from the kitchen bar stool and walked putting my cup in the sink.

"Well, you're free to stay as long as you need. Lord knows I won't be doing anything but babysitting Ivy and watching Grey's Anatomy." She replied and I laughed.

"This is why you're my best friend." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"I know. I'm the freaking best." She shot back.

"Out of curiosity how much does he pay you to watch her?" I asked and she hummed thinking about it.

"Well, her dad paid me one hundred a week and at the time I didn't watch her on the weekends. Alpha Adrian pays me two hundred and fifty a week because she is mostly with me all throughout the week including weekends. Someone gets her around five though, so I'm not complaining. Also some days she won't come and he still pays me as if she did." My eyes nearly left my head.

"Can I get paid that much? Please?" I joked and she grinned as she finished cooking the chicken strips and placed them on a plate.

"I'm sure you get paid fine Miss radio talk show host who everyone loves." She winked.

"Ivy! Lunch is ready!" Stephanie called out and I looked over since the kitchen is right next to the living room and watched as Ivy looked up from her toys and grinned standing and ran to us.

"Wunch!" She clapped raising her arms and I giggled at how she couldn't pronounce her "L" 's just yet.

Stephanie picked her up placing her in a small booster seat and placed the chicken in front of her making sure it wasn't too hot.

"You can go watch TV if you want. I'm gonna help her eat. She gets eager with chicken fingers and wants to scarf them down instead of taking small bites." Stephanie mused and I laughed watching the cute little girl open her mouth for the small bites of chicken.

"She's too cute," I mumbled walking into the living room and grabbed my keys off the coffee table. "I'm gonna head out and look for some apartments," I called back at Steph.

"You don't work today?"

"Nope, I got the day off," I replied walking to the front door.

"Alright, love you. Be safe!" I yelled back a 'you too' and walked out the door.

I was more than blessed to have a friend like Stephanie.

***

"So you're telling me it's five hundred a month... for this?" I asked looking around the small apartment.

"Yes. Apartments are more expensive around here dear. When you can live in the pack house or get an apartment... prices tend to go up." The lady explained.

"It's not the price. It's just... this place is so small and look, the ceiling is caving in over there!" I pointed out and she sighed looking down at her list marking this room off.

"We can get that fixed easily. Plus, you said it's just you right? It's perfect." I shook my head.

"Do you have anything else?" She nodded.

Poor thing, we've been to four other apartments but none were cutting it. If I was going to spend a lot of money then I better be getting my money's worth and these weren't fitting that category.

"I have one left. It's a bit pricier at around seven hundred a month but that includes your utilities and it comes with a washing a drying area. It's electric heat as well."

I made a decent amount of money, but should I really pay seven hundred a month? Well, its better than nothing and living on a couch. It's a good thing my stuff was put into storage when I moved in with Eric.

"Let's check it out."

***

When I walked in I knew it was perfect. It was decently spacious and since it was only me, as she pointed out, the space fit me perfectly. We looked in each room and each closet. No falling ceilings, so that's good.

Though, there was just this nagging voice in my head saying "don't buy it" and I couldn't understand why my mind was telling me that. It seemed good enough, it met my standards, and if anything there is an extra bedroom for a roommate if the rent became a burden to me.

"So what do you think?"

"I love it," I replied and she finally looked satisfied.

"But can I sleep on it? Think it over and I'll call you tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course, dear. You have my number!" I smiled and thanked her.

"I truly appreciate your cooperativeness. I know that I am one picky girl." I said and she shrugged.

"It's always good to have a specific taste when doing something so serious. You don't wanna mess up, I get it."

I thanked her again and we eventually left and parted ways.

I couldn't put my finger on as to why I felt like I shouldn't get it. Was there something she wasn't telling me? Was it overall just too much and I wouldn't stick with it? Shaking my head, I drove back to Stephanie's listening to some music and humming along.

I'll talk to Stephanie and she can tell me if it's worth it.

***

"I think you it would be nice, but you could seriously live in the pack house for cheaper and it's like what.... one fifty a month and that includes everything? The only difference is if you want food you better keep a mini fridge because everyone dines and eats in the main dining hall together," She shuddered. "I can't believe I ever lived there." My jaw dropped a little.

"Well, now I definitely don't want to stay at the packhouse." She laughed shaking her head.

"It wasn't that bad. Just a lot of careless teens runnings around." Another reason I won't be staying there.

I was about to say something when I felt a tug on my hand. I looked down seeing Ivy grinning up at me.

"Kathween will you come to watch the wittle mermaid with me?" She asked and I wanted to 'awe' at her.

"Of course, sweetpea. Come on." I reached down picking her up and we walked back into the living room where the movie was already on TV.

I sat down on the couch with her sitting on my lap and she leaned her head against my chest as she watched. Oh my Goddess, she is just too cute.

Can I have a baby? Like asap? Just kidding. I'm too young to have a kid. Though, when I'm older I do wish to have one.

"Hey, the guy that picks her up will be here in an hour. Don't you let her fall asleep. She's a tough one to wake up." I waved her off.

"I won't, I won't."

Jokes on her... we both fell asleep.

{Adrian's POV}

Looking at my watch, I decided I would go get Ivy and we could go to the park before it gets dark. I finished up a couple of emails and rescheduled a few phone call meetings then started to pack up.

A knock was heard and I looked up seeing Clark sticking his head through the cracked door.

"I'm about to head to pick up Ivy. You want me to bring her to the house?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Thanks, Clark, but I'll go get her. Ivy probably hates me for leaving her there all the time. I'm going to try and take her to the park for a bit before it gets too late." I told him.

"Don't worry, man. She loves Stephanie and going there. I think Stephanie the closest thing to a mother Ivy has and she thinks that way as well. You're doing your best and she loves you for you. Don't lie to yourself like that. She gets to see you every day and you tuck her in every night. Point is, you're doing just fine. At least you make time for her. Some aren't so lucky." I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks, Clark." He gave me a nod of respect and closed the door back.

***

I walked up the patio of Stephanie's house and knocked on the door. I was just a few minutes late and I hoped she didn't have plans for anything I was putting her behind on.

The door opened and Stephanie's eyes widened a bit.

"Alpha, hi! How are you?" She asked bowing her head in respect and I gave her a deep nod back.

"I'm good. I decided to get Ivy and take her to the park before we go home. I'm sorry for being late. I hope I'm not imposing on plans or anything." She shook her head.

"You're fine, sir! Actually, Ivy is kinda having a nap. I'm sorry, I should have woke her sooner, but you know Ivy and her sleeping. She never wants to get up. Katherine is the same way." She joked and I let out a laugh nodding.

"So, Katherine?" I asked.

"Oh! My friend I told you about not too long ago. She is staying with me for a bit until she's back on her feet again. Some things happened. You know... life. But, she is wrapped around Ivy's finger." That's Ivy for you.

"Please, come in."

The moment I stepped through the front door and shut it behind me... an amazing smell drifted through my nose. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

"They're in the living room." I followed her to it and my eyes landed on Ivy in a woman's lap. They were both completely knocked out in a deep sleep and the woman, who I'm assuming is Katherine, had her arms around Ivy and Ivy was clinging to her in her sleep. It was a perfect picture and my wolf was howling in pleasure.

"Katherine wake up!" Stephanie yell-whispered shaking her gently.

Her eyes opened and she blinked a bit readjusting to the light before looking down at Ivy and smiling before looking up at Stephanie.

"Are you cooking something? Because it smells really good." Katherine asked Stephanie with a husky voice from sleeping.

"Not the time... a certain alpha is here to get Ivy," Stephanie said and Katherine's eyes widened as they darted to the walkway where I stood and the second our eyes met I knew why my wolf had been howling in pleasure and why it smelled so damn good in here.

"Mate." The words tumbled from our lips in sync and Stephanie gasped at the exchange.

Mine

_____________________________________________________________________

It's happened!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I'm finally working on an updating schedule so I hope y'all are now pleased with me LOL.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

573K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
3.3M 149K 49
Book 4 in 'the bond series' ________________________________________________ He's smarter than most, if not all. He's known for saving countless of p...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...