The Mates Pull

Bởi smurfyphantom06

Harper is a shy and timid girl who is the constant target for the school bullies. But when her family relocat... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Epilogue
Q/A
Silent Wolf

2

446K 11.3K 2.2K
Bởi smurfyphantom06

-4 Years Later-

"Rise and shine little sister, your first day of the last year of school starts today!" Valerie sang.

I groaned as I pulled the blanket over my head. "Correction...the first day of my senior year starts today, it's hardly going to be the last year of my schooling." I corrected her as I knew fully well I would be going to college.

"Oh whatever!" She sighed, even under my blanket I knew she had rolled her eyes dramatically. "Mom wants you up and down for breakfast and I'm telling you right now that if you're gonna want a ride from me be ready To go in thirty minutes, because I've got shit to do today."

I jumped out of bed and grabbed the first thing that I saw in my closet then ran straight into the restroom.

As I sat down to pee I ripped off the price tags to the new pieces of clothing Valerie had helped me pick out.

You see four years ago when we first moved into our new house I thought I would take Valerie up on her suggestion to try and fit in a little more since these were a whole new crop of kids.

Nothing too drastic as I refused to change who I am entirely, just help with picking more fashionable clothes, how to apply makeup (I still don't wear a ton of it), and really figure out what products worked best for my curly hair.

Other than that when I started school I asked to placed in as many advanced classes as I could. I figured at this school I wouldn't try and hide myself anymore...so I took not only the more challenging classes but signed up to be a tutor and genuinely made an attempt to talk to people.

And as I went through highschool I found it wasn't nearly as bad as I was dreading.

People knew who I was, I had actual acquaintances that would wave at me in the hall or I'd chat with in class.

But none of those people added up to my amazing best friends Elise and Mariah.

I'd met Elise Freshman year, we were all waiting on the bus that first day of school and she was surrounded by guys and she looked super annoyed with them.

When the bus arrived I got on first and she and the guys got on after me, I guess not wanting to get stuck with them she ducked into my seat...she introduced herself and the rest was history.

Mariah was actually the first student I tutored...in a lot of ways she's like Val so I think that's why I liked her so much.

I smiled as I brushed my teeth and thought about some of the best times the three of us have had together these past few years.

I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth out before I grabbed my new clothes.

I squirmed around as I tried to get the skinny jeans onto my short legs, once I finally got those suckers on, I pulled the plain blouse on and sighed, the top was a little form fitting so I grabbed a thin cardigan to wear with it. I ran my fingers through my hair as I sprayed in some product to keep it from frizzing too much then decided to go bare faced with the exception of some lip gloss.

I gave myself a once over in the full length mirror.

A lot has changed but some things were still the same, my height was one of them.

In four years I had literally only grown a couple of inches making me 5ft even. But it wasn't all bad, because what I lacked in height I made up for in tenfold with my extremely curvaceous figure.

As an extremely late bloomer when my curves finally did show up it seemed like they would never stop.

And while it sound all good and fun...This too has it's perks and downfalls. Perks: guys love curves ergo I'm not picked on by anyone anymore (with the occasional catty remark from jealous girls). Downfall: depending on what I wear I can look like I'm pregnant, a slut, or an Oompa Loompa.

I heard the honk and I rolled my eyes, I jogged back into my room, put on some socks and slipped on some vans before I grabbed my bag and ran out the house.

"Took you long enough." Val remarked as she put the car in reverse.

I pulled my spare deodorant out of my purse and applied it to my underarms, "yeah well I figured with you not in school I could sleep in a bit and not worry about my ride threatening to leave me." I snapped back knowing fully well that my sister works nights, as I put the deodorant back into my purse and then sprayed on some body spray.

"Well if you want the truth," Val stated, "I actually have an appointment with the Dean of Admissions today."

I looked over at my sister and for the first time this morning noticed she was dressed up really nicely.

"Woah...when did you decide to go to school?"

She shrugged, "I've been taking online classes since last year, and while I've been doing pretty decent I think I need the actual classroom to really learn and understand."

"Do mom and dad know?"

"Mom knows about the online classes, but I asked her not to say anything to you or dad Incase I failed at it...but she's the one who's been suggesting I try going to school...even just the local college here."

"I think that's great Val...you've always been smarter than you let on."

"Thanks...it's just kinda scary you know, like what if I get there and I completely suck at everything?"

"Val, go to school, I know it might seem scary and yes the first month might be tough but I know you." I smiled, "soon you will make a whole crop of new friends and then you'll wonder how you ever lived a life outside of college."

"The Mates H...I just hope I impress the Dean."

"You'll do great."

"And so will you." She smiled. "Now go have fun, it's your Senior year...live a little."

I hadn't realized we were already here. I unbuckled and got out, I waved her off and then found my friends easily.

We inquired about each others summer vacations (we had all gone away) and listened intently as everyone took turns talking.

The tall and statuesque Elise spoke first, she had apparently spent her summer vacation at her Uncle's lake house.

"With nothing but guys?!" Mariah questioned.

We all knew that Elise was always surrounded by guys, even though she claims to have no interest in any of them, they are still all amazing looking.

Elise rolled her eyes, "yes, but they're all friends of my cousin which pretty much makes them my cousins by association...except Vance of course."

Mariah and I smiled and egged her on about her boyfriend...Vance, she talked about him constantly, he's older...a college guy who her cousin introduced her to.

"How about you Harper?" Elise asked to take the attention off of her.

"My dad and I went and toured a few universities." I admitted proudly as I fondly remembered stepping onto the Yale grounds.

"Have you decided where you want to go?" Mariah asked.

I looked at my bubbly friend and shook my head, "no" I lied.

Of course, for as long as I could remember I wanted to go to Yale, but if I admitted it and applied and didn't get accepted I didn't want to have to face the embarrassment that would follow. "How about you, what did you do?"

Mariah went into full detail about her stay with her older brother Frank who lives in California, she gushed how every minute was spent on the beach, her lovely tanned skin was proof.

"Ellie!"

The three of us looked up at the group of guys calling Elise.

It was the hottie jocks that she always hangs around with.

The three of them waved her over and one even gave her a determined sort of look and before we knew it Elise had put on her 'I'm a bitch' facade silently telling the guy he was no one to try and push her around.

Hand on her hip, one of her perfectly sculpted eyebrows arched upwards...Tommy Cage seemed to backdown as he joined his friends.

Then she sighed, "I should go." She said before hugging us, "save me a seat at lunch."

Mariah and I noddd our heads and watched her join Tommy and his cronies.

"I wonder why she always hangs out with those goons?" I questioned.

"Oh they aren't too bad, a little rough around the edges but definitely fun to look at, I can see why she'd hangout with them so much." Mariah giggled.

The first bell rung and we took off to our assigned classes.

_____

When school let out I immediate found Val excitingly waiting for me so I quickly told the girls bye and went with my sister.

She anxiously told me all about her meeting and how she was extended an invitation to join the school.

"I've just gotta sit down with mom and dad later and talk Financial stuff but if all goes well, I'm in."

I was really proud of her, and she went on to tell me all about the campus and how the had a ton of fraternity's and sorority's.

"I think I want to pledge." She said confidently, "that's if I actually get in ya know?"

"I can definitely see you being a sorority girl."

We laughed and continued on our way home.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

273K 7.8K 22
Kaden is the alpha of the Fear pack.Some say he's the scariest alpha ever. rumors spread saying that he kills women's children right in front of them...
414K 16.1K 51
After being blinded by those sworn to protect her, Artemis trades her vision for her ability to have a mate. Only things are not as they seem when sh...
6.1M 146K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
1.5K 27 27
Scarlett is the daughter of Alpha Noah and Luna Radiance of the Crescent Moon pack. Even though her status is high, people bully her because of her u...