On the Run (Book 1)

Por kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... Mais

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
War
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

Wedding

1.5K 49 11
Por kthaler

            My eyes opened the next morning, my back screaming in pain. This stupid bed was no better than the floor itself. I made a mental note to change the beds down here if I ever get the chance. I looked in my parents’ cell to see that they were still asleep. The realization that I was going to get married today finally hit me and I started to cry softly, not wanting to wake my parents up. My heart was pounding and my hands were trembling. This couldn’t be happening.

            I was snapped out of my own pity party when I heard someone walking down the stairs. I prayed that it wasn’t Dillon, but knowing my luck it would be him. I was surprised when I saw a young woman, who looked to be about twenty walk towards me. She had long brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. She was as skinny as a twig and was wearing a tight, red dress. It was now obvious to me that she was a vampire because of her pale skin and the hint of her fangs sticking out from her mouth.

            “Hi, I’m Jasmine. I’m going take you to breakfast.” She introduced, as she unlocked my cell. I walked out of the cell, and was about to make a run for it when she spoke again.

            “I’ve been ordered to watch you and if you try anything I will stop you.” Her words made my heart sink. She was one of Dillon’s friends. She gave me a soft smile and grabbed my arm as she walked up the stairs.

            I took one last glance at my sleeping parents, not sure when I would see them again. Jasmine pulled me upstairs and towards the kitchen, when the smell of cooking food filled the air. I sat down at a small table in corner of the kitchen where there was a plate of eggs, toast, bacon and some strawberries waiting for me. I quietly ate my food as Jasmine began to talk.

            “So, the King doesn’t want to see his bride before the wedding, not wanting to break tradition, so he ordered me to get you ready for later. Everything is being set up and your dress just arrived this morning. It’s truly stunning. I’m so excited that he will be marrying such a beautiful girl like you.” She exclaimed.

            She had lost me when she called Dillon king. He was far from it, but I guess once we’re married, he will be king. I hated how excited she was for the wedding because I was dreading it. Her perky attitude was really going to get on my nerves today.

            “Oh and I’m supposed to remind you of the threat he gave you yesterday. Everyone in the kingdom will be attending the wedding, and he would hate for you to misbehave and force him to do something he’ll regret later on.” She added, as I finished my plate of food. 

            Not bothering to clean up after me, he grabbed me by the arm and took off from the kitchen. She led me down hallway after hallway until we stopped in front of a familiar room, my bedroom. She opened the door, acting like she owned the place and I saw the large, plastic bag lying on my bed. She dragged me over to it and opened it up.

            What would this dress look like? I didn’t even care as long as it wasn’t too ugly, I could put up with it. The way Jasmine sounded, it was the prettiest dress ever. She pulled out an all white dress, but my mouth dropped open when I got a better look at it. 

            This wasn’t the typical wedding dress for a queen about to rule her kingdom. Normally the dress would be a huge, fluffy ball gown, which I’ve always loved as a wedding dress and dreamt mine would be like that. Sadly, this dress wasn’t even close to a ball gown. I wanted to break down crying that even with a forced marriage, I couldn’t even have a normal style wedding that I would have had with Matthew or someone else.

            This dress was all sex appeal. It was a short dress that had a ruffle, long train in the back of it. It had a jeweled sweetheart neckline but the dress was see through lace at my abdomen, making me feel self conscious about wearing it. I didn’t want people seeing that much of my skin as I was getting married. The front of the dress looked like it would barely cover my butt. This wasn’t a real wedding dress, but more like cocktail dress that some slut would wear. I hated it with a burning passion. How could Dillon make me wear this?

            “Do you love it?” She asked, smiling largely at me as I stared at the horrid excuse of a wedding dress.

            “No, this isn’t a wedding dress. It looks like it will barely cover me up.” I said.

            “Oh stop it, once you put it on, you’ll love it.” She said, as she told me to take my clothes off so we could get into this dress. While she wasn’t looking at me undress, I slipped off Jace’s necklace and hide if in my back jean pocket. I couldn’t let anyone see that I was wearing it. And I knew she would see it if I let it on. It killed me inside to remove it, but I had too.

            After what felt like twenty minutes trying to get the dress on, I walked over to the full length mirror and looked down at myself. I think I hated the dress more than before. My stomach was showing in the dress and my long, legs were fully exposed. I wanted to be sick just looking at myself, sure, I looked sexy but it wasn’t a good kind of sexy, more like slutty. Not wanting to anger Jasmine, I told her that I loved the dress.

            “Oh see, I knew you would love it. Now let’s go do your hair and makeup.” She said, dragging me to the bathroom. 

            “Now, we only have about four hours before the wedding.” She exclaimed as she pulled a bag that was unfamiliar to me, and placed it next to me. It was obvious her makeup and hair accessories that she brought here to set up. I couldn’t even process how real this was. I sat down on the toilet, as she started to do my makeup.

            After an hour, of Jasmine trying to perfect my makeup, she was finished. I looked at myself in the mirror to see that I had a beautiful smokey eye that made my blue eyes pop out. There was also mascara and a hint of blush on my cheeks. I had to admit I was beautiful looking, but I didn’t want to look like this for Dillon. I didn’t want to be getting ready for a wedding I didn’t even approve of.

            For the next two hours, I sat in that horrid bathroom as Jasmine curled and styled my hair. This was why I never used makeup or bother to style my hair, it took was too long to do. I turned and looked in the mirror once again and had to give Jasmine some credit, I looked totally different and more beautiful than ever before. My hair was half up and half down and curled to perfection.

            “Now to accessorize and make you look perfect and complete.” She cheered, making me want to puke. 

            In her bag, she pulled out a small, crystal tiara and placed in on top of my head. Along with that, she grabbed a pair of diamond earrings and necklace to match as I put them on. They were extremely bright and beautiful, but I didn’t want any of this. I was marrying the wrong person today and I couldn’t even enjoy this because of what was going to happen.

            She walked out of the room, leaving me still sitting on the toilet. She came back holding a pair of shoes which were all white, open toed heels, with a white bow on top of them. They were cute shoes, but I didn’t want to actually enough anything about this. I was just thankful I was a princess before this and knew how to walk in heels. Now, I was fully dressed and ready to walk down the aisle as Jasmine gladly put it.

            I walked out of the bathroom and walked back over to my mirror to see what I looked like all put together. Tears filled my eyes as Jasmine put on my veil, perfecting my attire. If only this was a different marriage, I would be happy and excited, but I’m terrified and seconds away from bawling my eyes out. I couldn’t marry him, if he wasn’t Jace, there was no way I could actually marry this monster. All I wanted was to be in Jace’s arms right now and have him comfort me.

            “Oh Sweetie, don’t cry. Everyone has nerves on their wedding day.” Jasmine said, rubbing my back.

            “You don’t understand, I don’t want to marry him. He’s forcing me. I can’t marry him, I just can’t do it.” I said, as tears poured down my cheeks.

            Without another word, she left the room, locking it from the outside as she left. Great, she didn’t want to put up with me so she just locked me in here until I have to face my horrifying wedding. I glanced in the mirror to see that my makeup was ruined. Well, that was a waste of an hour. I walked into the bathroom, and removed the excessive makeup. I put on some waterproof mascara that was mine and some foundation, to cover my reddened skin from crying. I refused to cry anymore today, okay, well at least for now.

            I walked into the bedroom, and sat down on the bed, my dress making me cross my legs to sit because if I didn’t, my underwear would show and who knows when someone would walk in. I sat on the bed, hating myself and Dillon as time passed. There was a knock on the door and Jasmine walked back in, telling me it was time for the wedding.

            “I talked to the King and he wanted me to tell you to calm down and everything would be alright.” She spoke softly.

            I simply ignored her, not wanting to listen to Dillon’s lies that were sent to me. I knew that she was just delivering a message, but I didn’t want to talk to her about this. My life was about to be ruined and I would be forced to marry a vampire, so I wasn’t in the talking mood. We walked to where the palace’s chapel was and my heart started to race. We stopped at the closed door and I could hear the faint music and soft talking coming from inside.

            Jasmine handed me a bouquet of flowers to hold, but all I wanted to do was crush them and run out of this place and never look back. Though, Jasmine read my mind and stood behind me, not leaving because she knew I’d try and run. She whispered in my ear and told me that it was time to go. My body froze, and my eyes widened. It was really time for my wedding, I just couldn’t believe it. The doors opened wide and the music started to play loudly.

            Somehow, I managed to force my body to start walking. The first thing I noticed was that there were vampire guards lined up along all the walls in the room. They all were watching the crowd of humans, who looked a bit scared of them, but were more focused and happy that I was getting married. I guess they didn’t know the Dillon I knew, because if they did, then they wouldn’t be happy with this.

            Flowers were placed everywhere and anywhere in the church. There was a strong scent that filled the air that was amazing, but then again I didn’t really focus on that as I slowly walked down the aisle. Candles were lit and hanging on the walls, giving the room a dim lighting. Everyone was staring at me, making me feel self conscious in this dress.

            My eyes met Dillon’s who was standing at the end of the aisle with the preacher. His eyes were filled with lust as he looked up and down my body, making me want to cover up. He was wearing an all black tux and was standing up tall and proud. Tears filled my eyes when I finally reached Dillon, who grabbed my hand and lead me up three stairs to the preacher. I wished that Jace would bust through those chapel doors, but that hasn’t happened yet.

            “You look beautiful.” He whispered in my ear, sending chills up my spine. I wanted to cry because even my parents weren’t here to be with me. I always dreamed that my dad would walk me down the aisle, but that didn’t happen. This wasn’t a fantastic wedding I’ve dreamt of my whole life, but more like my worst nightmare.

            My breathing increases and I swear I’m going to have a panic attack or something as I thought more and more about how messed up this was. Dillon rubs small circles with his thumb on my hand, making me more anxious and terrified. I bit down on my lip to prevent myself from sobbing. Dillon wasn’t looking at me, but now at the preacher.

            “First off, I’m thankful you all are behaving as your new King and Queen get married.” The preacher said and I knew he was a freaking vampire too. This couldn’t get any worse. Okay, well it could but I just prayed it wouldn’t.

            So then that’s why everyone was happy and behaving, they were threatened to put on this act because if they didn’t I’m sure these vampires would love a snack. The thought made me sick to my stomach. If I could get everyone to rebel, then maybe we could fight them off. Who was I kidding? It was a bunch of humans against vampires.

            “Now, we are gathered here to celebrate the marriage of Dillon Anderson and Isabella Montgomery.” I heard him say, but I started to zone out, thinking if I ignored everything that was said that this wouldn’t be so horrible. To think that this was supposed to be one of the best days of my life, but it was ruined by Dillon.

            After the long speech, the priest looked at me and asked me to repeat the vows. I hesitated, not finding the courage to speak. The room was dead silent, waiting for me to repeat his words, but I couldn’t speak, even if I wanted too. I was frozen in place, probably with shock that I was getting married at sixteen and to my betraying, vampire, ex best friend. Dillon squeezed my hand tightly, snapping me out of whatever I was just in. I whispered the words that I was told and Dillon relaxed his grip on me.

            Dillon was the next one to repeat the vows, which were said loudly so everyone could hear. I was handed a golden ring and was told to place it on Dillon’s ring finger, which I obey with trembling hands. Dillon lifted my hand up, kissed it and then slid a beautiful, diamonded ring on my finger.

            “Do you take Isabella Montgomery to be your wife?” The preacher asked Dillon.

            “I do.” He said, smiling at me.

            “And do you take Dillon Anderson to be your husband?” He asked me.

            Once again, I hesitated before saying anything. This was my last chance to back out and make a run for it. I was about to give permission to have Dillon marry me, but if I said no, what would happen? My parent would die and so would many other innocent people. I couldn’t let that happen. Dillon stared at me, daring me with his eyes to say no.

            “I do.” I breathed, those two words killing me inside and Dillon grinned, knowing he got to me and that he could make me do anything just by threatening to kill others.

            I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride, my King.” The preacher announced, loudly and my heart began to crumble.

            Dillon’s lips were pressed against mine, but I refused to kiss him back. He was too caught up in kissing me to really care that I didn’t kiss him back. He would probably yell at me later on for that, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t kiss him like this in front of everyone because at least they can see I hate every second of this.

            All around me there was clapping and cheering, that the crowd faked because they were fearful for their lives. All that was on my mind was that it was over. I was now married to Dillon and the hope that Jace would come and save me, was all lost.

First off, to the right is a picture of the wedding dress. So I know you all wanted Jace to burst in during the wedding, but i couldn't have that happen because it would have been expected and i like to make you all surprised when certain things happen. There's still more to come and i hoped you all enjoyed this, even thought NOW THEY'RE MARRIED, but don't worry, more will come that will hopefully shock you!!!!

This chapter's dedication goes to @LunaRedtail. Thanks for commenting and hope you liked this chapter!!! Please comment and let me know what you think will happen and how you reacted with this chapter. Thanks!!! And i'll try and update as soon as I can. :)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.4M 87.7K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
12.3M 317K 51
**WARNING: This book does have some dark themes to it that revolve around abuse, rape etc. So please do not read if these themes are triggers for you...
1.5K 54 22
Young Claire was tortured and kept in a cell for most of her life. The scientists want her for some reason. They want to know what makes her differen...
6.5K 328 38
"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." Isabella is a vampire, but she's not just any vampire, she's the Queen o...