1Dentity (One Direction Affec...

Autorstwa EpicName

(Watty Awards 2012) How did I end up in this mess? One moment I'm strolling along the empty streets of Sydney... Więcej

1: Just a Dream
2: Just Keep Swimming
3: Surprise, Surprise!
4: The Plan
6: The Concert
7: Loose Ends
8: Breaking the News
9: The Dotted Line
10: First Impressions
11: Girls Day Out
12: Selling My Soul
13: Wake Up Call
14: Watch Out America
15: Expiration Date
16: On the Radio
17: Breaking the Ice
18: A Little Push
19: Sore Loser
20: Just Dance
21: Payback
22: Reunited
23: Inappropriately Adorable
24: The Bright Side
25: The Right Direction
26: Change of Plans
27: Underneath It All
28: Falling In Place
29: Stay the Same
30: Code Black
31: On My Own
32: Terminated
33: Move On
34: Return to Shell Diner
35: End to the Nightmare
Epilogue: The Real Deal
Authors Note

5: Meeting the Boys

48.3K 618 50
Autorstwa EpicName

5: Meeting the Boys  ★ 

"Welcome to Shell Diner, where your happiness is our goal. Can I start you off with something to drink?" 

I quickly jolt down the customer’s order; one water and a Pepsi, and make my way to the back to fill their drinks.

I've been at work for over two hours, and I still haven't gotten into the groove. I've spilt two drinks, almost dropped a tray full of food, and I've managed to bump into an elderly man's cane, causing him to almost fall. Luckily, my manager, Jaime, was there and he caught the man.

"Come on, Paige," My manager had said to me earlier. "Pull your head out of your ass."

"Sorry, sir." I had replied before I went back to work.

It was safe to say that my mind was elsewhere. And I have Harry to that for that. I was still replaying the conversation I had back at The Amara. It was like it was stuck on repeat and I couldn't just stop the tape. Every time the scene replayed, the more upset I got. 

Who do they think they are asking me to drop everything for someone I don't even know? All to save an image? I don't want to devote my time to something that means absolutely nothing to me. And all for money? Wouldn't that make me some form of prostitute?

With a sigh, I take the drinks to their rightful owners and take their food orders. As I'm about to give their orders to the Chef, I hear the Diner become suddenly loud. I hear gasps and shrieks. For a second, I thought someone just pulled out a gun; but once I turn around, I spot something else.

Four boys were standing at the entrance. I recognize three of them as the boys who were running wild with the luggage cart. The other one I have yet to meet. He was tall with shaggy brown hair. His hair was slightly wavy and it swoops across his forehead. He had a determined look as his light brown eyes searched the vicinity.

Yup, One Direction was at my work. Just great.

Well, 4/5ths of One Direction, anyway. I quickly noted that Harry wasn't there.

I froze as I watch several girls, who were just about to leave, freak out over them. Their screams were so loud that I thought I was going to go deaf. They hurriedly got their autographs, and then rush out of the diner, still shrieking. After a few minutes, they are finally seated. I was thankful that they didn't choose a booth that was in my section.

"Oh my Jesus." Abigail, another waitress, says to me as she fills up a pitcher of water. "Is that One Direction?"

"I think so," I say shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal. 

However it was a big deal. Not because of the fact that a famous Boy Band was eating at my work, but because I knew they were here for a reason; and I had a feeling that I was that reason.

"God, they're so hot!" She exclaims.

"I didn't know you were such a huge fan," I say poking fun at her. 

"Sue me," she says rolling her eyes. "Why isn't Harry here?"

I pause before answering. Did she not know about the picture? She hasn't mentioned it yet, maybe she hasn't seen it. So far today no one at the diner has brought it up. Maybe it's only popular among young teenage girls.

I shrug. "How am I supposed to know?"

"You're right. You don't really know much about anything anyways," She mutters. She places the pitcher down quickly so she can fix her ponytail, and then she unbuttons a few buttons on her work shirt and shifts her bra, showing ample cleavage. "Perfect. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have four boys to please."

I roll my eyes as she struts away from me towards the table that One Direction was seated at. I watch in amusement as she talks excitedly to them. No doubt she was explaining how big of a fan she was and how much she loves them. She probably had a shrine for them. Slut.

However, before too long, Abigail is walking back toward me, an annoyed expression fell on her face. 

"What happened?" I say through a large smile. "Couldn't please them?"

"Shut up," She mutters. "Apparently, they want to talk to you, which I don't get why."

I decide not to respond to her. I just pick up my note pad and make my way toward One Directions table. As soon as I'm a few feet from them, I meet the dark haired boys gaze. I couldn’t help but notice his hair, which stood tall at least a six centimeter quiff.  What was up with the British and strange hairstyles?

"Found her!" He says pointing in my direction, a large smile playing on his lips.

The rest of the boys look back at me. Grins spreading across their faces. I give a slight smile.

"Well, look who it is," the brunette with light blue eyes says. His hair was somewhat normal, for a British boy. It was long, and his bangs were styled to the right side of his face. "It's the girl who is trying to steal my Hazza from me."

I look at him in confusion. Stealing his Hazza? Was I supposed to know what a 'Hazza' is? Was it some British term?

"Come off it, Louis,” The other brunette says lightly. “It was bound to happen sometime. We all knew Harry would find someone.”

Oh, Hazza. Harry. He thought I was stealing Harry? Didn't he know that I turned down the offer? He had to know.  I'm guessing they all knew. Why else would they be here?

"Okay, well Abigail told me that you wanted see me," I say, ignoring what Louis had just said. I could still feel Abigail's eyes on me as I stood there. I shift uneasily. 

"We sure do," Louis answers excitedly. 

"Did she happen to mention anything about bringing us food?" The blonde asks with an Irish accent.

"Niall! We aren't here for food, remember?" The dark haired boy says. Then in a loud whisper he adds. "The plan."

The plan?

"Well, we're here. We might as well get something. I'm starving. Come on, Liam. Please?" Niall complains, looking at the other brunette. Niall is giving Liam a large smile, exposing his clear braces. 

"But you just ate before we left," Liam says sternly. "Besides, Zayn is right. We need to talk to Paige."

"Look, I'm sorry," I sigh, putting my hand on my hip, "But, I already told your manager and Harry that I'm not interested. If you're here for that, then you should know that I haven't changed my mind."

I knew I was being pushy, and a bit on edge, but I wasn't in the mood for this. I've already had enough of One Direction and all their fans. Before I left to work, I checked Twitter one more time only to find that the picture had spread. Now it was being posted on blogs, One Direction Fan Sites, and Facebook. This was getting out of hand. I just couldn't wait for this nightmare to be over.

"Pfft," Louis scoffs. "Of course, we aren't here for that. Why would we be here for that? We are here for your delightful company. Isn’t that right, lads?"

"Right, Louis!" Niall says with enthusiasm. He is the only one that answers.

"Well then what is it?" I say. I didn't believe them, but I am not in the mood to argue with three British and one Irish boy. "And try to hurry, as much as I'd like to stay and chat, I do have other tables that are actually getting food."

"Oh, feisty one!" Louis says with a large smile as he turns to talk to his band mate. "Don't suppose Harry knows what he's getting himself into."

"This could be interesting," The dark haired boy-Zayn- says with a smirk. 

"Do ya think she knows how to cook?" Niall asks Louis, a hint of amazement is washed over his face. "I'm really tired of eating Harry's Mac & Cheese on tour."

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Oh, now we finally have even teams for water-dodgeball-baseball!"

"I bet Paul would be happy to hear that."

“Oh! And maybe now she can push us around in the luggage cart!”

“We can have races!”

The three boys kept going on and on about all the possibilities. There was no doubt that is was amusing, just seeing their eyes light up as they talked about all the shenanigans they were planning to pull, they were more than excited. I just felt bad that I wasn’t planning on being there for that.

"Okay, you guys, shut it.” Liam says, cutting them off. “This is why I didn't want to bring you lot in the first place."

"Sorry," They all mutter back.

"Okay, well, as much as I hate to break this up, but," say as I start backing away from the table. "If you guys aren't ordering anything. I really have to get back to work before my manager yells at me. You know, we're very busy."

"Are you serious?" Liam says looking around the Diner. "There is hardly anyone here."

Of course he is right, but I don't want to admit that. We really only had two customers other than the boys, who were just about finished with their food. Truth was, I just didn't want to talk to them. I know what they want from me and I just can't agree to that. 

"Well, I Uh," I pause thinking up an excuse. "Have to clean the toilets. Big mess. It’s everywhere! I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

The boys scrunch their noses in disgust. "Well, how do you expect us to eat after that image?" Niall complains.

"Come on, Niall. We all know you're still hungry," Zayn jokes, punching his arm lightly.

"Yeah, you're right," he answers, laughing.

"Wait, so now you're ordering something?" I ask.

"Well, if it'll get you to talk to us, then yes. I guess we are," Liam says as he picks up a menu. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Niall perk up as Liam says this.

"Okay, what will you have?" I sigh, pulling out my notepad and flipping it to a clean page.

Before Niall can make his order, Liam cuts him off. "Wait, before we order, you have to promise that you'll chat with us after."

I don't want to make that promise. I already told their manager that I didn't agree to their plan. Do they not know what no means?

However, against my better judgment, I say, "I take my break in half an hour."

                ~*~

By the time I got on break, the boys were still busy eating. Niall had finished his food quickly and was now trying to pick food off of everyone else's plate. A sad look fell on his face as his hand was slapped away three times by each boy. He didn't even get away with a single french fry.

By now, the diner was pretty much deserted. The only other person that was in the dining area was Abigail, who I'm sure was still wondering why One Direction wanted to talk to me. 

As I approach the table, I set down a plate full of French fries and chicken strips in front of Niall. His eyes grew wide and a large smile crosses his lips. 

"Oh thank you!" he says as he dives in, eating two fries as a time.

"You know, you're going to make him pudgy," Louis says as he pinches Niall's cheeks, stretching them out. "Look it's already starting!"

"Well, the boy was still hungry and we had extra," I say with a shrug. 

That was actually going to be my dinner but I wasn't really that hungry. My stomach wasn't in the mood to hold anything down. So why waste food when someone was willing to eat it?

"Well, that was nice of you," Zayn smiles. "But don't worry. Niall usually eats more than that. He never gains a pound."

“Well, he’s lucky. He has a eating style most girls wish they could have,” I laugh as I watch Niall devour the plate as if he hadn’t eaten in years.

"Yeah, we think he has an extra stomach." Liam says as he finishes his cheeseburger and pushes his plate away. 

"No, you think he has an extra stomach." Louis corrects. "I think he was one of those Champion Food Eaters in a past life. He just sucks the food right up."

"He's like a squirrel!" Zayn adds.

"Or a vacuum,"  Liam agrees. Niall tries defending himself, but can't due to a large piece of chicken in his mouth. All we hear is muffled noise.  "Niall, what did I tell you about talking with food in your mouth?" Liam says shaking his head.

Niall mumbles something, which I'm assuming is an apology.

"Okay," I say as I pull a chair up to their booth and take a seat. "Enough small talk. I only have fifteen minutes for my break. What do you guys want from me?"

The boys all pause and look at each other, as if sharing some sort of secret message. I shift uncomfortably in my seat until one of them started talking.

"Okay," Liam starts. "Well, you're right. We are here to try to convince you to consider Vincent's offer."

I nod my head. "I figured. Okay, what's your so called 'plan' that Zayn mentioned? What's your selling point? "

"Isn't being on tour with The One and Only Louis Tomlinson enough?" Louis jokes as he strikes a pose.

I let out a small chuckle. "I really hope that's not your only selling point."

"Don't worry, it's not," Zayn says as he forces Louis to put his arms down. 

"Look," Liam says in all seriousness. "I don't think you should turn this down."

"And why is that? Just so Harry's reputation doesn't get trashed?" I say. 

"Harry is getting a lot of bad publicity lately and the record company doesn't like it." Zayn says, defending him.

"Look, I’m sorry he’s getting a lot of crap, but why should I help?” I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. “I mean, Harry doesn't even seem to like me."

"Why would you say that?" Louis asks. "Of course he likes you. Harry likes everyone. He's kind to every man, woman, and feline."

"Well he didn't seem too fond of me earlier at the hotel." 

"That's because he doesn't like what Vincent wants him to do." Liam explains. "Just like how you weren't happy with the idea of pretending to be someone’s girlfriend, he doesn't like the thought of someone getting paid to play his girlfriend."

Yeah I figured that was why he was acting so different, but why was he acting like it was my idea? It’s not like I wanted this to happen. Does he think I want my picture to be on the computer screen of every teen age girl? Because I don’t. I’m just trying to get through everything. I don’t even know what I’m doing with my life right now. I’m not signed up for college, I have a low paying job, and I don’t even have my parents to help me. I can’t try to help someone else out of a problem when I can’t even solve my own.

"Okay, but why is it my job to help him?" I say. "I don't even know him. And in case you guys didn't read all those comments on the internet, people want me dead. Imagine what they'll do if I'm his 'girlfriend'."

"I think it's because they think you're some random girl that Harry found. However, if you were his girlfriend the fans will treat you a lot better." Liam says.

"Look at Eleanor and Danielle. Most of the fans adore them."

"Eleanor and Danielle?" I ask.

"Loiajs anda Liahdi girlsjnds." Niall says with his mouth full. 

I stare at him in confusion. "Huh?"

"Mine and Liam's girlfriends," Louis corrects.

"Okay," I nod. "But that's different."

"How?" Zayn asks.

"Well, there is the small fact that they are their actual girlfriends." I point out as if it isn't already obvious.

"Yeah, but no one will know that you're not his actual girlfriend. Just pretend like you're in love while on tour and then that's it."  Louis says like it's absolutely normal.

Do they not understand what they are asking of me? They are asking me to give up my life just to go on tour with a band that I don't even know. And not only that, but I have to pretend to be dating one of them. They are asking me to throw myself out into the limelight just to save some guys reputation. Do they not see how hard that is for someone to do? 

"Paige!" I look back and see my manager Jaime was looking at me. "Quit slacking and get back to work. I don't pay you to sit around all day."

I turn back and roll my eyes at my manager. This was typical from him. He was always so hard on everyone. It was a wonder that I haven't quit yet, but I needed the money.

"Look I have to go," I say getting up. "But, I really don't think I can do what you guys want. I can't just up and leave everything just for some guy I don't know," I say shaking my head.

"So you're telling us that you'd rather stay here," Liam says leaning in. "Working at a dead end job, getting paid next to nothing, getting verbally abused by your boss, rather than traveling all across America, eating and living for free, and staying at the nicest hotels? And okay, so what, maybe you will have to pretend to be something you're not, but that's just a small thing."

America. That was all I got from that speech, but to me that was the most important part. That's where they were touring. Why I didn't know that before is beyond me. 

America. That was their selling point and they didn't even know it. That’s the place where my parents are. That was the place I once called my home. That was where I've always dreamt of going back to. I want to see my parents and now that I'm eighteen, I could. They only thing stopping me was the money. 

And now, here were these boys willing to pay me to go to America with them. 

Suddenly, all the publicity and death threats I got seem like nothing. The thought of leaving everything behind didn’t seem so bad. Maybe I could do this. Maybe I could just drop everything and go. It's not like I was doing this for Harry or One Direction, I was doing this for me.

For my parents.

"Okay," I say suddenly.

The boys eyes widen as they hear what I say. They look at each other with elated expressions. Niall even drops his last fry out of pure shock.

"What?"

"I'll do it."

"Really?" Zayn asks. "That was easier than I thought."

I nod my head. "Yes, really."

"We didn't even have to break out the pout face. Girls always fall with that one," Louis says.

"That's fantastic!" Liam says with a large grin.

"I knew we could convince you!" 

"This'll be awesome."

"It's going to be so much fun. Just wait." 

I smile at their excitement. Maybe this really wasn't going to be bad. I mean, these four seem like really fun people. It might be fun. Who knows maybe I'll enjoy myself.

"Okay," I say in a serious tone. "So what do we do now?"

"We announce that you and Harry are a couple." Zayn informs me.

"Alright, and when do we do that?" 

"Tonight."

"What? Tonight."

"Yup. At our concert."

___________________

A/N:

Yay! Paige is agreeing to go! Woot! Woot! Go Liam and his ability to talk her into it... sort of haha 

Next chapter is the concert! Should be interesting! :D

Thanks for you comments, votes and reads! It makes me want to update faster!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

113K 1.8K 111
harrystyles is now following you. Where a boy and girl fall in love through social media. Completed February 16th 2020
256K 1.8K 20
Some Harry Styles imagines to make your day better. Enjoy :)
525 5 24
A girl dating Harry Styles but loves one of his best buds and can not chose but SHE SAID YES TO HARRY'S PROPOSAL! Will she cheat on Harry her whole l...
418K 6.7K 62
Louis Tomlinson is a 1/4 member of Last Direction Harry Styles is a best mate to Niall Horan and a fan of LD Will Niall make them two talk, or will...