Forever Raine ✔️

infinity-squared

Raine Woods thought her life would always be like the rain: gloomy, gray and undesired. She was lonely and qu... Еще

Prologue
Welcome to Forever Raine
Aesthetics & More
1 - Black, No Sugar
2 - Pistachio Rose Latte
3 - Thorns and Roses
4 - Berry Blue
5 - I Got You Girl
6 - I Won't Let Him
7 - You Moving?
8 - Friends?
9 - Tomato Soup
10 - Raspberry Swirl
11 - Prince Charming
12 - Good Night
13 - Mint Explosion
14 - Intruder Alert
15 - Why Save Me?
16 - Miss. Rose
17 - Passion Fruit
18 - Spicy Chile Mocha
19 - Say Yes
20 - Welcome to Thorn Inc
21 - Unleash the Beast
22 - It's an Emergency
23 - Perfect
24 - Cabin in the Woods
25 - Promise?
26 - Maple Syrup
27 - Spiced Apple
28 - Crepes
29 - Cranberry Orange
30 - Were Loved, Are Loved
31 - Minty Macarons
33 - Are You Cinderella?
34 - Lavender Latte
35 - Just Keep Breathing
36 - I Just Need You
37 - It was All a Lie
38 - Popsicles and Obstacles
39 - Fairy Lights
40 - Churros & Chocolates
41 - Salty Air
42 - What Are We?
43 - Mission Impossible
44 - Burgers and Boyfriends
45 - Peanut Butter & Jelly
46 - Snow globe
47 - The Devil
48 - I'm Sorry
49 - Heaven
50 - Home
51 - A Fool for Falling in Love
52 - Bang!
53 - Fix it with a Kiss
54 - Chocolate Covered Everything (Last Chapter)
Epilogue
Ending Notes & Extended Edition
Bonus Chapter 1: Ice Cream Sundaes

32 - Peaches and Beaches

27.6K 1K 234
infinity-squared

A yawn escaped her lips as Raine crawled out of the guest room and entered the living room of Xavier's presidential suite. It was late morning. The sun was already hanging brightly in the sky and the hustle of the city could be seen from the large windows that overlooked Paris.

Walking through to the french doors, Raine slipped into the balcony, taking a breath of fresh air. A smile made it's way onto her lips as she saw the Eiffel Tower standing proudly in front of her. Her eyes followed the horizon and landed on the cars that were rushing along the roads, eager to be freed from the traffic.

Just as she was about to turn back to head into the room, Raine felt two hands land on her shoulders and her back press against a muscular one. It didn't take long for Raine to figure out who it was.

"Good Morning Raine." Xavier said, turning Raine around so that she was facing him.

"Morning." She replied back shyly.

They were so close to each other that Raine caught herself in a daze. Although the sky was crystal clear, not a single cloud lingering around, it's brightness did not compare to the brightness in his vibrant blue eyes. The different hues of blue shined like crystal shards as they looked down at Raine in the softest way.

Although her touch had been an addiction to him, he removed his hands from her body before he took a couple of steps forward, leaning on the railing like Raine had previously done.

"It's stunning isn't it?" Raine asked, noticing Xavier admired the aesthetics of the French city.

"I've been here so many times." Xavier whispered, diverting his eyes to Raine. "But it's never looked as beautiful as it does now." He confessed with honesty.

"It's not just a place that's beautiful." Raine smiled. "It's the feeling that accompanies a place which makes it beautiful."

A curious look made it's way onto Xavier's face as he processed Raine's words carefully."That's really something." He said.

"My mom used to always say that." Raine said, giggling softy. She stepped closer to Xavier, resting her head on his shoulders. "There was this lake that we'd go to sometimes. Well it used to be a lake at least. It actually dried up over the years... Anyways, I hated going there. There were better lakes nearby but for some reason, Mom and Dad would always go there." Raine explained. "Whenever I asked Mom why we went there and not anywhere else, Mom used to tell me the same thing."

Xavier's arm pulled her closer, letting the warmth of his body transfer to her's. The was a chilled breeze in the air but the heat of their hearts was enough to keep them warm. 

"It was where they first met." She confessed, tilting her head up so she could see the seas which resided in his orbs.

"Really?" Xavier asked, mesmerized with the happiness in her eyes.

"Yeah." Raine laughed sadly. "My mom was always afraid of dogs. So one day when she was walking on the lakeside and she saw a dog running in her direction, she freaking out, tripping and falling into the lake. The owner of that dog ran over to fish her out. The owner being my dad."

"That's so sweet." Xavier said smiled. "I wish I had a story like that to tell."

"How did your parents meet?"

"I don't have an answer to that." Xavier said looking down. "My mom... she passed a couple days after I was born, I don't really know her at all. I've seen pictures but I guess that doesn't help much."

"I'm so sorry Xavier." Raine said hugging him. She knew the pain that a person felt when they lost a parent. 

"It's alright." Xavier said, tangling his fingers into her silky hair. "Everyone used to tell me I have her eyes though."

"She must have been beautiful."

"She was..." Xavier replied, getting lost in his thoughts before he realized the reason he had come outside originally. "Anyways, enough of all of this. I came here to tell you something very important." Xavier pulled Raine's hand, dragging her into the living room.

"What?" Raine questioned curiously.

"Get ready. I've got you take you somewhere." He smiled, an excitement lingering in his eyes.

"But where?"

"That, you shall find out soon." Xavier smirked. "Wear something warm and comfortable."

Raine smiled, shaking her head before she made her way back into her room to get ready. Meanwhile, Xavier left to get ready himself, but not before calling out to Jordon.

"Mr. Thorn, you called for me?" Jordon asked, entering Xavier's bedroom.

"Yes, Jordon. I'll be going out with Raine later today."

"Alright sir, I'll get the security team and car arranged."

"No need to do that. I'll be going alone." Xavier stated sternly.

"Mr. Thorn, I cannot allow you to do so. It's imperative that I or another security guard accompany you to whatever location you desire to go to. I cannot compromise your security."

"I'm sure I can handle a couple hours without you behind my back Jordon." Xavier shot back with irritation.

"But---"

"That will be the end of it." Xavier cut off. "My decisions are always final and unchangeable."

"If you insist Sir." Jordon said with defeat. "But it is vital that I have your location on tabs in case of an emergency."

"I have my phone with me, that should do the trick. Also, I wish not to be disturbed by anyone. I don't give a damn who it is." Xavier cleared up. 

He had been working all of his life, not taking a single day off for his pleasure. But now that he had the chance, he wasn't going to let his business ruin his day. But most importantly, he wasn't going to let it ruin Raine's day.

"Of course Sir."

* * *

The duo jumped into Xavier's car, ready to escape the luxuries of the hotel for the luxuries that nature had to offer.

Not long after their ventures had began, they found themselves waving the city bye, as it disappeared in the distance.

Where Raine had expected green rolling hills, she found none. Despite the city being long gone, small villages still scattered the roadside. Unlike Paris though, these small cottages had a vibe that reminded Raine much of home. The simplicity, the subtlety, the calmness. It was everything Raine loved, for she had grown up in a place like this herself.

"So, Xavier, you didn't tell me where we're going." Raine said playfully, relaxing in the comfortable seats of the small car.

"Maybe cause it's a surprise." He smirked.

"You and your surprises." Raine said, rolling her eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" Xavier asked, amused.

"Maybe." Raine teased.

"That's a first." Xavier whispered under his breath.

"What?"

Xavier glanced at Raine, chuckling. "It's like with you, everything I feel. I've never felt before. Everything I do, I've never done before."

"So Mr. Thorn hasn't ever surprised a girl before." Raine mocked playfully.

"Never."

A smile crawled up onto Raine's lips as she turned her face away from Xavier, watching the city pass before her eyes. 

"Paris is pretty." Raine said. "My Dad always told me that he'd bring me here someday."

"Were you close to him?"

"More then you could imagine." Raine whispered.

She knew that Xavier's relations with his father had always be strained, and she couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Raine had been so close to her dad. He was her world. He'd run out of any meeting or event just at her one cry. She was spoiled. Spoiled with love.

"Thank you Xavier." Raine said, suddenly turning to Xavier who glanced at her in between keeping his eyes on the road.

"For what?" He asked in confusion.

"I've always hid everything. All the memories. All the stories. All the feelings." She said, looking down at the silver band on her thumb. "After telling you, I feel free. I feel as if I can let go of everything and just... just love them, remember them, talk about them... I don't remember the last time I got to do that. It feels... it feels like freedom."

"I'm not good with this Raine." Xavier said, resting his hand on top of her's. "But I can tell you one thing for sure. Wherever your parents are, they love you. They can never stop loving you because you are far to precious, far to beautiful, far to amazing to not be loved. They will always be with you. You aren't alone."

"I know." Raine said, smiling slightly at Xavier. "I know that now." She whispered, her eyes focusing on Xavier's face. He was changing her, changing her for the better.

* * *

"Xavier..." Raine groaned. "Tell me already! We've been driving for days!"

"Raine, it's been two hours."

"Same thing!" She pouted, constantly keeping her eyes on the surrounding for any clues that might reveal this mysterious place Xavier was taking Raine to.

"Patience Ms. Woods, we're just about here." Xavier assured. He could tell that Raine was excited, but she wasn't alone. His heart was beating eagerly in his chest, ready to show her what he had been working so hard to prepare.

Raine shook her head, looking out of the window once more. The green grass that lined the road was slowly fading away as they continued their travels. Instead, it was replaced by soft, white sand, scattered on each side of the road.

However, before Raine could come to any conclusions, Xavier pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"Xavier what are you--" Raine began, only to get cut off as she felt a black cloth cover her vision. "Xavier, a blindfold? Seriously?!" She said with annoyance.

"Shhh..." Xavier whispered, his breath fanning over her lips.

Although Raine could not see Xavier, she felt his presence close to him, causing her breath to hitch. Xavier, on the other hand, was taking full advantage of Raine's temporary blind state. He admired her shamelessly, leaning in as close as he could to her face, so much that their lips were only a few nanometers apart. His heart pleaded him to come just a little closer, to feel the lips that he had been craving to feel, since he had laid his eyes on the brown eyed beauty that drove his heart wild.

Yet, Xavier found himself bound by his mind, telling him it was better to admire her from afar then ruining whatever they had. His hand trailed along her waist until it reached the seatbelt, pushing it off and unbuckling her.

Xavier got out of the car, walking around to the passenger side to unload Raine. Carefully helping her out of the car, Xavier secured his arms around her as he escorted her on the sandy path that unfolded before them.

"How much longer Xav?" Raine whined childishly, as she stumbled around blindly.

"We're here." He whispered in her ears, gently tugging on the silk blindfold which unraveled, falling to the ground.

"You once told me, more then anything, you missed the beach right?" Xavier asked, watching Raine's vision adjust to the bright sun. "So here it is."

The waters were the prettiest shade of blue that Raine had ever seen, although the color of Xavier's eyes couldn't compare. The sea was vast, endless, disappearing in the horizon as it kissed the sky at the end. The cool sand tickled her toes, inviting her to take steps forward, letting it absorb her. The salty air was refreshing, brushing against her cheeks as the breeze made her hair wave behind her back. The sound of the waves crashing onto the shore was like a  melody to her ears. A melody she hadn't heard in ages. 

She felt home.

"This... it's beautiful." Raine breathed out, unable to form any more words.

"It is." Xavier said. But unlike Raine who was looking at the blue sea, Xavier's eyes were focused on the pretty girl in front of his eyes.

"Shall we sit down?" Xavier asked, grabbing the picnic basket from the truck. 

"Sit down? Xavier, beaches aren't for sitting down." Raine said as a sudden excitement surged through her body. Her fingers tugged on the straps of her sandals as she ached to take them off. 

"Then?" Xavier asked confused. 

A giant grin covered her face. "They're for running through the sand and splashing in the water.'' And just as she said that, her feet took control of her body, carrying her to the waters that had touched her heart ever since she was a little girl. She raced through the sand, leaving Xavier behind as she approached the water.

The cool watered touched her toes, causing a shiver to run down her spine. She was shivering but she wasn't cold. She was home. This was home.

Xavier ran behind her, stopping just inches behind her back. He focused on Raine as she looked out to the sea, taking deep breaths of the salty air and letting it infused in her body and become one with her soul. 

"Home." Raine whispered, turning around to Xavier. "This is home."

Xavier was about to say something to her when his eyes glimpsed at the large wave that was forming right behind her. He pulled her arm, causing her to falling into his chest. But inside of steadying himself, Xavier's feet gave out and he found himself falling into the water, bring Raine down with him.

Raine laughed openheartedly as Xavier quickly hopped out of the water, soaking wet. Holding a hand out for Raine, he helped her get out of the water as she laughed breathlessly. They walked back up the shore, far enough that the water wouldn't reach them, yet close enough to see the waves crawl up the sand only to retreat back into their home.

"Damn! I don't even have another pair of clothes with me." Xavier groaned with irritation as he patted his wet shirt that clung onto his body.

"It'll dry out in no time." Raine say, a smile still painted on her lips despite her soaking wet and sandy attire.

"I'm assuming you have experience." Xavier noticed. There was no doubt of that by the way she was at such ease. 

"I grew up on the beach Xavier. I've got a life's worth of experience." She proudly preached.

"I can see that." Xavier smiled. "Your shivering, take this." He said, tossing her the blanket from the basket. 

"I'm not cold." She said, shaking her head. "I just... I haven't been the the beach in a while, it feels.. I feel... alive." She said, closing her eyes and inhaling the air with a smile plastered to her face.

Xavier smiled to himself. It was a mission accomplished on his part. This is exactly the reaction that he had been hoping for. Raine's happiness. That's all he wanted. 

After playing around in the water for a little bit long, Raine and Xavier walked along the shore, letting the sand tickle their toes and the breeze dry off their salty, soaked clothes. 

"When was the last time you went to the beach?" Raine asked Xavier curiously. The beach was her natural habitat, but Xavier on the other hand, hadn't had that luxury growing up. 

"I..." He started, thinking about a honest answer to her question. "I don't recall ever going to the beach for pleasure." He stated. "But last year, I was in Florida for a meeting which took place in restaurant on the beach, if that counts for anything."

"You're weird." Raine laughed. 

"Thanks." Xavier said, sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"So, how many places have you traveled to?"

"Far too many to keep track of." Xavier replied. "I'm always traveling. I have so many properties to take care of. It gets tough sometimes."

"I'm sure it does. That's a lot of responsibilities you have." Raine nodded, sympathetically. The billionaire life sure seemed fun, but no one ever realized the hard work and suffering that a person went through to get to that point. 

"Yeah." Xavier agreed. "Let's sit down?" 

The duo walked away from the water, searching for a good spot to set up their picnic basket. Xavier spread out the blanket while Raine held it in place with the help of a couple rocks. 

"Hungry for something sweet?" Xavier asked pulling out some containers from the basket.

"I'm always hungry for something sweet." Raine grinned. 

"Well, unlike you, I'm not pastry chef." Xavier confessed. "But, I happen know the best pastry chef in Paris, so you're in for something amazing."

"I'm excited!" Raine cheered as she watched Xavier set everything up. 

"Peach pies and strawberry basil ice cream." Xavier served. 

Raine didn't wait a minute longer before taking a bite out of the peach pie, topped in ice cream. "Mmmm..." Raine moaned as she savored the sweet taste of caramelized peaches, a crispy crust, and the refreshing ice cream melting in her mouth. "This is crazy good!" 

"That, it is." Xavier added, taking a bite out of his own. 

"I have a question." Raine asked suddenly, causing Xavier to look up.

"And hopefully I have an answer." He responded. 

"What would you be or do, if you weren't into this business world?"

"I'm sorry?" Xavier asked confused.

Raine set the plates aside, scooting closer to him. "Well, you said that most people in your position don't get a choice. Thorn Inc was your father's company so logically it would be handed down to you... Let's say you didn't have this company though. What would you do then?" She asked curiously.

"Something in the business realm I suppose." Xavier said genuinely before a smirk covered his face. "Since I'm far too good at it."

"Very humble, I must say." Raine laughed.

"No, but seriously." Xavier said. "I think it's my true calling."

"I can see that." Raine nodded. "You're really good at what you do." 

"Yeah, but when I was younger, I always wanted to be an astronaut. Then again, what kid doesn't?"

"Really?" Raine asked excited. "Then why didn't you try?"

"I don't think I ever had the choice." Xavier said honestly. "I'm an only child. Ever since I was a kid, they told me I was to run to company after my father."

"Did you ever try telling him you wanted to do something different."

"Not really." Xavier said, scooping up a hand full of sand and letting it slip through his fingers.  "I mean, he never really had time for talking about these kinds of things."  He sadly stated. "I don't regret it though. I like what I do. If there's anything I regret, then it's probably the position."

"What do you mean?"

"I guess I've always wanted to have a company of my own, and in a way I do." Xavier started. "But I wanted to create it myself. Work my way up to success instead of having it given to me on a silver plater. Sometimes I feel like I have to be as good as my father."

"I think you're better Xavier. And even though you were given the company, you took Thorn Inc to the next level. You're father couldn't have ever done what you did." Raine explained softly. 

A small smile appeared on Xavier's face as he stared at her. "Thank you Raine. I appreciate that."

The breeze was blowing her hair back and the sun's reflect was shining in her eyes. Xavier longed to compliment her, to tell her how stunning she looked. But he couldn't, for there was no word that could do justice to her beauty. There was something about her. Something that was magical. Something that wasn't in any other people Xavier had met in his life. 

She had him wrapped around her little finger and she didn't even know it. She could made his breath hitch and his heart skip a beat with just a smile. She could make his bad days good, with a simple hello. But most importantly, she could make Xavier feel happy. 

"Raine I....I.." Xavier began, not being able to say anything more. "I...I just..." 

"Shhh..." Raine whispered, gently brushing her fingertips against his lips to cover his mouth. "My Mom always said, when your mouth can't form words, let your heart." Raine said smiling at the memories.

Xavier's eyes swirled with emotions that he had never before felt. The touch of her fingers were softer then the petals of roses. Her eyes which shined brighter then any sun on the sunniest of days and her smile. Her smile was more beautiful then any full moon he'd ever seen. The moon need the stars to accompany it in order to shine beautifully and paint the night sky, but Raine, she didn't need stars. She herself, was the exquisite painting Xavier had ever laid his eyes on. Picasso, Da Vinci, none of them could paint something as beautiful as Raine. No strokes of color would define her faint blush or the way her eyes twinkled in the sunlight.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Xavier breathed out.

The blush on her cheek deepened and she removed her fingers from Xavier's lips.

"I---" Raine began before she was interrupted by intruders. 

"Oh my god! Is that Xavier Thorn?!"

"Look! It's Xavier Thorn!"

"OMG I'm gunna faint!"

"Xavier Thorn! Guys it's THE Xavier Thorn!"

The sudden sounds of chattering drove Xavier and Raine apart. A rapid series of flashes caught their attention, causing them to look in the distance to find a group of girls, holding their phones out while shamelessly taking pictures.

Raine's eyes zeroed in on the flashes and immediately, her eyes widened in shocked. She pushed herself into Xavier's chest, shielding herself away from the cameras that weren't stopping their flashes. Xavier's body grew tense and irritated. He had the perfect moment to finally give words to the feelings that were swirling around in his heart and just as he was about to, his fame had ruined the moment.

Quickly, Xavier pushed himself out of the sand, bringing Raine up with him. The girls began to approach Xavier and he quickly turned on his heel, pulling Raine with him as she hid away from the sight.

As they approached the parking lot, Xavier spotted the black SUV with tinted windows. It didn't take long for him to realize who it was. The media would never spare him. His fame would always get in the way for his life no matter where he went. The world was wild for Xavier Thorn but he wasn't wild for the world.

"Are you ok?" Xavier said, as soon as they were settled in his car.

"I'm fine." Raine mumbled. "I'm sorry." She whispered softly.

"If anyone should be saying sorry then it's me." Xavier refuted. "I should've just brought Jordon with me."

"It's ok Xavier."

"No it's not!" Xavier said with frustration. "Today was supposed to be perfect. I wanted to bring you here and..."

"And?" Raine asked softly.

Xavier shook his head, dropping it in defeat. "I just wanted to make you happy for once." He whispered.

"You did." Raine confessed. "Xavier, I had the best time of my life today. You have no idea how much I have been craving the sea. You fulfilled my wish. And plus, who said the day is ruined? According to the time, we still have 6 hours left till midnight."

"Raine, it's gunna get dark soon."

"So?" She shrugged. 

"So we need to go back to the hotel and you need to rest."

"But what if I don't want to rest." Raine pouted innocently.

"You need to---" Xavier started, but stopped abruptly when something caught his mind. "How much time do we have till midnight?" Xavier asked.

"6 hours."

"Then that's perfect." Xavier settled, a grin covering his face. 

"What is?" Raine asked confused. 

"You'll see soon." Xavier winked, shifting the car to drive.

"Ughh.." Raine groaned. "Not again."

______________________

A/N: Hey guys! Romantic I promised, and I hope I delivered. Sorry for the long wait, I ended up getting sick and then the usual midterms took up most of my time. But now I am back and hopefully with a bang! Please show your support if you enjoyed this parts! Your votes and comments mean a lot to me! 

Question of the day: Favorite fruit?

Vote

Comment

Breathe

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Twist Of Fate kaay Cornel

Любовные романы

90.2K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...
150K 11K 33
While searching for true friendship, she found her true love. After she got dumped by her own Best friend when she needed her the most. ...
231 32 11
Greya Fussodd, mercenary trained. A weapon. Escaping her captives, she meets Quin, a disgustingly attractive cutthroat. Her history buried with secre...
ZueSea Zhourong_Hephaestus

Любовные романы

66 12 13
"ZueSea" is a heartwarming novel set in Los Angeles that tells the story of Zue and Sea, a wealthy couple whose marriage is put to the test due to va...