Claustrophobia

Av wifiharold

∞❝To me, Claustophobia extends farther than just being trapped in small places. I'm scared of being trapped i... Mer

Claustrophobia
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter IV

Chapter III

365 59 94
Av wifiharold

"Hi, you must be Summer's friend, I think I may know what's wrong with Summer," The nurse said, a bit too cheerfully for my liking.

Nevertheless, I nodded and presented her with a small smile."Yep, I'm Charlie," I quickly said, desperate to find out my best friends condition."What's wrong with Summer?"

"Well seeing as she was admitted to us not long ago, we have only had time to perform a quick body check,"She started saying, "We figured she had something wrong with her stomach from the report Doc sent us but we weren't able to complete the scan without the patients permission."

"But you said you knew what's with her?" I questioned.

"No, actually I said I think I may know what's wrong with her." She retaliated. Gosh this is worse than the moment they dramatically pause before they announce winners.

One sassy nurse.

"Okay, so can you tell me as I need to inform her parents." I tried to sound calm and experienced but I knew she wasn't buying it.

"Well, she could have Dyspepsia."

"Or?" I acted like I knew what the hell Dyspepsia was.

"Or, of course, there's a possibility of her being pregnant," The words casually flew from her mouth.

My breath hitched in the back of my throat and I could feel my hands getting clammy."Pregnant?"

She nodded."You know that thing where you have a baby inside you after a man-"

"Right, okay."

I internally groaned, I hate this nurse so much I thought.

"I need to update Summer's files so if she wakes up, please alert me or one of my colleagues."

"Alright, thanks for your help."

She took off her plastic gloves, disposing of them in the bin whilst walking out of the door. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my phone, quickly unlocking it. Scrolling through my contacts to find Jade, Summer's mum.

Summer isn't as close to her mum as she should be but her mother still deserves to know about her daughter's condition. I clicked call and waited for a few seconds before I heard it ringing.

"Hi darling, I havn't heard from you in so long! How are you?"

"Hey Jade, I'm good but um, Summer-"

"What has she done now? That girl is way to flirty for her age, I swear," She chuckled.

"I know, but, um, I'm calling from the hospit-" She interrupts me once again.

"Hospital? What? Are you okay? Where's Summer? What's the matter?"

"Well, she's been having really bad stomach cramps but she only told me-"

She cut me off again. Gosh, this woman won't let me get a word in edge ways.

"She's always like that, my Summer," She said. "Which hospital is it? I'll make my way over as soon as possible."

I quickly told her the details and we said our farewells as I led my head on the uncomfortable, beige chairs. This has become a regular routine for me.

The thing about hospitals is beacause they're so empty and dreary, the only thing you can focus on is the person who's in pain or your own thoughts. You could try and converse with the patient or even the nurses who pop in and out of the room but your mind is constantly drawn back to the inevitable thoughts racing through your mind.

Many people tend to say that I am quite a closed person, I'd say I'm just thoughtful. I'm one of those people that stand in the shower and think about the day or someone who can't go to sleep without losing myself into a good book or even my thoughts.

I looked over at Summer who was squirming in what looked like a very uncomfortable bed as she squinted her eyes.

"Hi Summer," I smiled over at her. "How are you feeling?"

She looked confused for a minute as she scanned her surroundings but soon she realized where she was and attempted to smile back, wincing in pain.

"I'm good, actually my stomach hurts a bit."

"Well one of the nurses did say that if you wanted a scan, you could have one to see whats wrong."

"Yeah, that sounds good, could you call one please?"

I nodded. "Oh, and I called your mum, she should be here soon."

She groaned and led her head back against the metal bars. "She's such a fuss pot that woman, she'll blow everything out of proportion."

I smiled at her, "You know I had to tell her, I'm gonna go and call someone for the scan."

She nodded and shut her eyes, adjusting her blanket as I walked out of the room. There was a small desk where a nurse was sitting, typing away at her computer as I approached her. She quickly stopped typing and looked up at me, smiling.

"Hi honey, what can I do for you?"

"Well, my friend Summer, she's in that room over there," I pointed. "Was wondering when she could have her scan done, we're both quite anxious to see what's wrong."

"Oh, that's fine, Doctor Harris' appointment has just been canceled so he's free in twenty minutes if Summer would like the scan then?" She asked.

"I think that's fine with her, she just wants it done as soon as possible." I smiled.

"Okay then, she just needs to fill in a quick form and I'll inform Doc. Harris." She said, handing me a form and pen.

I nodded as returned to Summer's room, I handed her the form and pen, repeating what the nurse said. After a few minute's of listening to the pen scribble along the paper, I heard a curt knock at the door. I made my way towards it and pulled it open as I greeted Summer's mum.

We had a quick conversation before she stared to talk to Summer, I took this as my cue to silently leave the room. Making my way down the stairs, I held the banister and searched for the sign which read canteen. I followed the arrows and it led me to a well furnished seating area complete with a few vending machines and snack bars. I went to one of the machines and emptied my pocket out. I had just about enough money to buy a drink so I bought a bottle of refreshing fruit juice for my parched throat before I sat down at one of the small, round tables.

After a few minutes of drinking my delicious juice, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. As I had WiFi , I might as well make the most of it, I thought as I opened up safari.

I clicked on the search bar and typed in Dyspepsia. After quickly scanning through the entries, I realized that it was about indigestion. However, the bitchy nurses voice was still on repeat in my head, telling me there was a chance she could be pregnant, I mean the symptoms are quite similar.

I came to conclusion that I was getting tired of sitting in this small canteen and that I needed some air and space to think. As I found the exit to the hospital I blew on hands and rubbed them together in a bad attempt to warm myself up.

I walked briskly through the surrounding streets of the hospital, gazing through all the windows of the closed shops that caught my mind. All of a sudden, a heard a low rumble of the sky before I began to get drenched with bullets of cold rain. Ahead of me I could see a small coffee shop, a good shelter I thought, and the smell of freshly baked goodies travelled through the cool air, pleading me to enter. How could I say no?

I pulled open the door and my face turned red in embarrassment when a)I realized that it was a push door and b)I heard a chuckle from inside. The story of my life.

After I had successfully made my way inside the cozy shop, my eyes scanned the surroundings. There were a few circular tables dotted around and some patched sofas. My eyes were drawn to a familiar face, which was smirking at me, humor hinting in his eyes. Harry Styles. I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to question why he was still smirking at me, without speaking. I rolled my eyes and made my way towards his table, his eyes widening, I don't actually know what came over me in that moment, but his glances were extremely uncomfortable. Does he even remember who I was?

"Have you got a problem?" I asked harshly, the memories of his attitude towards me earlier today were still fresh in my mind. He was still shocked but quickly composed himself and retorted-

"No."

"Then why were you staring?"

"Because I enjoy looking at pretty things."

I rolled my eyes before turning my back to him and peering out of the foggy window. The rain was still pounding outside, the thundering beat complementing my heartbeat flawlessly. My gaze was then torn to the front of the small cafe, a small selection of mouth-watering cakes and pastries were balanced with the aroma of freshly ground coffee. Heaven.

I reached into my pocket before remembering that I used up my last pennies buying a drink from the hospital canteen, I'm pretty sure the world hates me. Nevertheless, I walked over to a small wooden table and sat down on one of the two chairs. From my seat, I still had a clear view of the delicious food on offer. I needed a distraction so I pulled out my phone and checked the time. Quite late, I thought, I really need to head back soon, after the rain stops.

My line of sight was again caught by the food before I heard someone clearing their throat next to me. I turned around and nearly jumped at our proximity, it was Harry.

"Uh, hi." He awkwardly tried to start a conversation.

"Hi." I simply replied, if he wanted to be a douche, so could I.

He scratched the base of his neck and looked down before saying,

"I'm sorry for how I acted this morning and also for what I said before, um."

"It's okay." I brushed it off.

"You're cold."

"No, I'm okay," I lied. I was freezing.

"No you're not, hey, let me make up for this morning."

I looked up at him.

"Well, you're obviously cold and hungry so why don't I get you a coffee and a cake?" He asked, well more stated.

"No, I'm okay, I had a drink before I came here."

He gave me a look, as if to say, I'm getting you a drink anyway.

I saw him trudge to the counter and order a few things which I didn't quite catch before pulling his wallet out and handing a few coins to the barista. I smiled as he turned to me and grinned wildly while the drink was being made. He was cute. Wait...

After a few minutes he back to the table and held out both of his hands. His right hand grasped the handle of a steaming, aromatic mug and his left held a plate full of an assortment of cakes and biscuits.

With a shocked expression, I looked up at him.

"Harry, I can't take all of this."

"It's a way of apologizing, I knowit may not be enough but I just don't want you to think of me as one of those conceited celebrities. I know what I did was totally uncalled for but I do appreciate what you did for me and I'm really sorry."

I just looked at him, he was still stood next to me with the food and drink in his hand. My heart warmed at his words, however.

"It's okay, I forgive you but you're going to have to help me finish the food." I giggled.

He smiled and slid into the seat opposite me, handing me the cup, "I'll help with the food but you have to drink the coffee."

"Okay."

"You've said that five times."

"What?"

"Okay, you say it a lot"

"Oh, I didn't realize." My heart fluttered as I realized that he had been listening to me so intently that he remembered how many times I said Okay.

He smiled at me before reaching for a biscuit and delicately placing it between his lips. I watched the way his dimple appeared after every chew and how his sharp jaw was defined against his black top. Before I knew it, he was waving a hand in front of my face, trying to break me free from my trance.

I blushed as he realized I was looking at him.

"I take it you enjoy looking at pretty things too?" He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes before taking another sip of my coffee.

"And you say you aren't conceited," I joked.

He laughed before he was cut off by his phone blaring an annoying ring tone.

"Sorry, I have to take this," He grimaced whilst glaring at the screen.

I wondered who was on the phone as his mood changed so suddenly. He moved to the other side of the cafe by the window as he looked outside. His phone call was quick and snappy and soon he was back at the table.

Before I had a chance to say anything to him, I was interrupted-

"I've got to go." His voice was harsh and nothing like it was previously.

"What, mummy wants his wittle baby home?" I joked.

"Cut out the bullshit, I need to leave."

I felt a strange sense of déjà vu as I remembered what happened earlier today, his sudden mood change. He couldn't be on his period, could he?

"Okay." I replied, I wasn't going to fight him.

Without turning back around, he made his way through the doors and out into the cold. I had now noticed that the rain had stopped so I quickly finished off my coffee and took a few bites of the last slice of cake I had before smiling at the barista and copying his actions.

As I walked towards the hospital, my thoughts were racing and again, I needed a way to release them. I knew no one would want to listen to me rant on about my day so I decided I would write in my diary when I got home.

A.N- Finally, sorry for the wait oops.

um, I want to thank every single person reading this because every read means so much.

50 votes already? damn. (still returning votes)

I reply to every comment and I love reading them. (still returning comments)

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

16.4K 546 10
One pitch black elevator... He's all rough edges and she's petite skirts, but in the darkness they open up and reach out without any preconceptions t...
583 18 7
𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎 chapter for more information before digging into the book, and please take a look at the description too! ✮ I will not tol...
288K 6.7K 70
"You know I can't just let you go." He says. "You have no choice" I weakly say with tears falling. "I'm not letting you go. I just can't allow you...
21.8K 739 20
AN~ Hey so this is my first book so please don't get mad at me if you had this idea or If I have some miss~spelled words please enjoy, vote, comment...