Perfect Happiness

Por merceecream

Priscilla Lynn Douglas is the second daughter of Mr. Roberts and Mrs. Stella Douglas, highly respected people... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Three

11 2 2
Por merceecream

I finally got home by 7. I was exhausted. Turns out even though you are the daughter of the CEO, you have to work really hard. Why? Well I'm going to be taking over the position of CEO soon. I don't like the thought of working though I do like the thought of being called CEO and making money. That's only why I would tolerate it.

I parked my Ferrari in our five-car garrage, took my purse and got out. I quickly made my way to the house. A one hour soak in steaming water in my tub sounded like heaven to me right now. As soon as I got into the house,  I noticed that the house was in a flurry of activities. The maids were moving here and there trying to get things setup. Question is..for what?

I made my way to the kitchen where I saw my mother giving others to the cooks and maids.

"Hello mother", I said as I kissed her cheek.

She turned and nodded towards me, "Priscilla, welcome. How was work?"

"Good. What's going on?" I went to the fridge and took out a carton of orange juice.

"Your father went ahead to invite the Richards to dinner".

I looked over at her in surprise as I poured the juice into a cup, "Richards? Is that not the family Catherine wants to marry from?"

"Yes. I wonder why he would do something so outrageous. Never mind. I will make it clear to that pest that my daughter is engaged to someone else".

I took a sip from my cup and shrugged, "when are they expected to be here?"

"By 8. I expect you to be dressed formally in one of your best dresses before then. I would like to get them intimidated with our riches".

"Sure thing, mother".

"Good. I don't know why Catherine cannot just be compliant as you are. Oh wait, she was until that pest corrupted her".

"Speaking of Catherine, is she aware of this?"

"Of course she is. Your sister dared to defy me after I selected a dress for her to wear. She had the audacity to say she would wear anything she wants"

"Mother, don't worry. I will speak to her".

"You'd better. Go get ready first. It's 7:20 already".

Right. I put down my now empty cup and made my way to the stairs. Two things were on my mind though: first, what was father thinking when he invited them? And second, how am I going to get ready in 40 minutes??

*  *  *  *  *

Dexter still didnt get it. Mr. Roberts Douglas invited them for dinner. He had  a feeling he is up to something and that's why he had been trying to convince each of his family members not to bother to go. But they, especially his mum, of course decided it was impolite to not accept the invitation. His dad was thinking about using this opportunity to convince Cat's parents. He thought if they see how happy they were together, they might change their minds. Yeah, right.

These are the same people who had severally belittled their daughter when she was still growing whenever she had decided to do anything against their wishes, they had arranged all of her classes for her, the school and university she would attend. They had never accepted anything less than A's in her grade and had made sure she was punished if she were to get anything besides it. They had chosen who she had to be friends with and who she should date. They were ready to choose who she should marry also. They had disgraced her several times outside whenever she uttered something that didn't quite sit well with them. All in the name of their reputation. He had come to learn that they would do anything possible to keep it.

His reverie was interrupted when his brother came in. He had on a black jeans and a blue fitted top. He and his brother shared similar looks. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes but Dexter was more rugged. They had different personalities too. While Dexter was an extreme extrovert, Brad was an introvert. Dex spent almost every Friday night at a party or at some chicks house while Brad preferred to lie in and read. Brad kept on long term relationships while Dex preferred one-night stands and no attachment. It was no wonder that Brad was getting married already.

'How do I look?' Brad asked.

Dexter nodded in approval, 'Good'.

Brad took one look at him and said, 'What's wrong?'

Dex chuckled, 'that obvious, huh? Listen man, I've got a bad feeling about this. I mean why will Mr.  Douglas of all people invite us to dinner?'

'I guess he just wants to meet the guy his daughter has been speaking of and see if he could approve of him'

Dex scoffed, 'I don't believe that. I am sure he has an ulterior motive'.

'Well maybe he does have one but it most certainly wont involve him killing us or having us kidnappded, would it?'

'I will not be surprised if it does include that'.

Brad chuckled and patted his brother's shoulder, 'let's just go there with a lot of optimism, okay?'

Dexter could not reply for his mum, sister and dad came in. His mum had on a light blue gown with a v neckline that was fitted from her top to her hips and then flowed down. She had on white heels and a necklace. Her hair was pinned up with some whit pins and two curled strands were left down. She also wore minimal make-up.

His sister, on the other hand, had on a red gown that went down to her midthighs with a black belt in the middle. She wore black heels and straightened her hair.

His dad, typical dad, didn't really bother with his appearance. He just had on a green shirt and black pants. He combed and smoothed his black hair down.

'Are you ready to go?' He asked. They all nodded. At their answer, he led the way out of the house and they all followed.

* * * * *

Ding dong!

At the sound of the doorbell at the Richards mansion, one of the maids went ahead to open the door but was stopped by Catherine.

'Don't bother yourself', she told her, 'I will open it'.

The maid gingerly nodded her head and left. Catherine quickly smoothed down her hair and checked how she looked in the nearby mirror. She had on a green dress that accentuated her green eyses it awas a simple gown that had a round neckline, short sleesves and was straight. She curled the ends of her hair when she was satisfied that she looked okay, she went ahead to open the door.

'Hey guys' a, she beamed as soon as she say her soon to be in-laws, 'well don't you look lovely'.

Brad's mum, Stephanie, hugged her, 'hello my dear'

Catherine returned the hug, 'hello Stephanie. How are you doing?'

Stephanie pulled back smiling, 'I'm good, dear'.

Alex, Brad's dad hugged her too, 'It's good to see you, Cat'.

'You too, Alex'.

After they had exchanged pleasantries in which Cat had hugged Emily and shared a long kiss with her soon to be husband, Cat invited them in.

The Richards were in awe of the mansion. She led them into a beautiful sitting room. It was big and had eight couches, three facing another three and two in the middle. A large TV was sitting atop a large fireplace. There were various antique pieces here and there and the wall was adorned with various paintings.

'You have a beautiful home, Cat', Stephanie said.

Catherine wouldn't call it a home. A home was where you had lots of loving memories and lived with your loved ones. A home, to her was the Richards place. This was just a house. Nonetheless, she thanked her.

'So, where's the rest of the ice family?' Dex asked with a smirk.

Stephanie was about to reprimand him but couldnt when, as if on cue, the rest of the Douglas family started to come down the large stairs. They certainly knew how to make an entrance and they were dressed quite well.

Priscilla, with her blue gown which had a plunging neckline, jewels adorning it from top to waist and flowed from waist down, and Stella, who had on a black gown that had a round neck and wore a beautiful diamond necklace and earrings with perfectly styled hair, looked like they were dressed for a ball and not just dinner. Catherine mentally smacked her head. Her father, on the other hand, was dressed in a perfectly ironed black suit, his hair styled to perfection and his shoes shiny black like always

Catherine just knew, in her mind, that this dinner was going to be a disaster.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9.7M 460K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
543K 6.9K 11
Only the broken can heal a broken. Five years after the death of his fiancée Caitlin Smoak, Dario has been living a miserable life. His father the fa...
1.5K 367 33
Amanda Yales has always lived a life of luxury and happiness but as she progress and grow in life especially in college,can she still enjoy her luxur...
43.6K 644 50
Alexandria Martin Luther Beautiful, rich , cold , hot ,spoiled brat, with a face of a goddess but a heart of a rock . she is the daughter of a famou...