The Ex- Wife

Da Flinn11

Lanie was left by her husband, Jerry Millers without reasons. She gives birth to a son and named him Charlie... Altro

Part 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
PART II : Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 14

14.4K 345 31
Da Flinn11

Richard let me sleep at his rental house here tonight. Tomorrow we will leave New Orleans.  I'm in the guest room with Charlie. He is playing with his toys in the bed while me sitting on the edge of the bed pondering of my life.

All of my years I was living with lies.   It was the really shocking truth from Rose, mom, and Ric. Mom is a great liar. I never imagined she would that to me. I thought she loves me.    She has no conscience. She never thought of my son. If she loves us she will not do that.

I thought Jerry only hurt me but mom is doing also.  Both of them betrayed me.

My life is complicated. I'm perplexed.  There are few pieces of puzzles left to solve it. Too many questions inside my mind. I'm curious why mom wants to revenge my real mom.  I wonder how can I say this to my son when he grew.

***
I went to the police department with Ric to prison mom to tell them that mom ordered to kill the Miles family.  The  Miles family needs justice. I'm not hesitated to prisoned her.  It's my decision though. 

Mom and I meet again in the police department.  She was handcuffed. We look at each other without talking.  But our eyes are speaks.  I could see that she's pleading for forgiveness but my heart is hardened. I'm so mad at her.  I didn't cry but I could feel my heart is crying.  That was the last time I saw her.

***
I'm riding a private plane of Ric with my son heading New York.  Charlie sits on my lap looking out the airplane window passing through the clouds. It so beautiful. He's pointing the clouds.

" That's a cloud, Charlie" I said looking at him.  He's very behaving during the ride and he never cries.  He was sleeping during the ride. 

As we arrived in the New York.  I saw three personal guards with shades waiting for us in the black van. 

" Good morning boys,  this is Lanie my niece and the heiress of Blake family.  Starting today you'll be guarding her"

The personal bodyguards greets me and then bowed their heads. 

" You don't have to bow your heads, please"

" Okay Ms.  Blake " I'm not comfortable with ' Ms.  Blake '

" Just call me Lanie " I said with a smile. 

The personal bodyguard open the passenger seat for me and I get in while carrying sleeping Charlie on my arm.  Then, Ric followed me.

" Ric,  I have to admit I'm not comfortable with this"

" You get used to it "

I turned my head to looked at the back of the van and I saw one black van following us.

" Seriously, is this necessary?" 

" Yes"

"Look, I don't want personal bodyguards with me whenever I go or a driver.  I prefer the watchers than the bodyguards with me.  I don't want the employees seeing me like this" I turned my head to face him.

" Let me think about it, okay? "

" So, where are going now? "

" My house "

" No, I want my old apartment!"

" Sorry, I already pack your things there and move it to my house"

" Why you didn't tell me! "

" Because you will say no "

" Of course it's a No! I'm not staying at your house with you!  I want my old apartment! "

" Sorry it's already too late "

" What if one of the employees caught us!  He or she might think we are a couple! " I raised my voice. 

" Easy, princess.  You're going to disturb your baby " He whispered.

Oh, I forgot that I'm carrying my son.  I was carried away of my emotions.  If I don't have a baby I'll leave this car now and run away.

I glared at him and playfully punches his arm. He groaned and he gave a hard look.  I'm not scared of him! 

" We will continue this later " I said.

***
We arrived at the house.  He escorted me to my room through the back of his house which I never been there.  He told me he has a secret room and that's my room I'm using it now.  It is spacious and beautiful than my old apartment. The room is already furnished using my stuff from the apartment. My new room has a living room, Kitchen, Bathroom and of course Charlie's room.  I love it!  My new mini house!  I say thank you to Ric for being such a good friend to me.

I saw the hanging picture frame of me and mom. Remembering the beautiful moments with mom.  She raised me a loving, kind and independent person.  She's always proud of me.  She's nice and wonderful human being.  But I couldn't imagine how cruel she is. She ordered someone Miles family to kill them and the worst is she steal me away from my real family. 

I get the picture frame and keep it under the bed.  I can't face her even it's a picture. My rage is boiling every time I see her face or even in the picture. 

I get the envelope from my bag which Rose gave it to me.  I opened it, it's a result of the Paternity test.  The results indicate that the alleged mother is not the biological mother of the child. I called Rose. 

" I just opened the envelope...it's a result of paternity test... You did this? "

" Yes, secretly. I did that in advance in case Lucy will sue your mom what if someone will bail her out from the jail. Just keep that letter, okay? Be safe". She hanged up.

I heard the someone knocking my door. I put the envelope back inside my bag before  I said come in. I know it's him.  He came from his room to change.  I walked toward the window. I heard his footsteps heading towards me. 

" Did I do the right thing for putting mom in the jail? " I said looking out at the window. I didn't turn to face him. 

" Yes, for justice. Did you feel remorse? "

" No.  I feel nothing"

"  She's not your real mom though.  You did the right thing, Lanie" 

" How did you know she's my surrogate mother? "

" Aunt told me.  She used to work as a waitress in our restaurant. She volunteers herself to be a surrogate mother.  Your mom and aunt give her a money for her needs.  They help her."

" Then, why she wants to revenge my real mom? Probably, our family did something bad for her"

" FYI,  our family never do bad things to others"

" How sure are you?Have you ever wonder why she betrayed our family?  Why does she want to revenge my real mom? That makes me curious,  Ric!  I want to know the reasons behind this!  I can't live like this!  "

" Lucy is a not a good person "

" I know.  I know she is not my mom.  I know she ordered the Miles family.  I can say she's a cruel person I've ever met. Richard, why she wants to revenge us? Did my real mom do something wrong to her or her family?  " I raised my voice. I couldn't help feeling peeved.

" I told you I can't answer your question.  I'm curious too, Lanie" Hecontinue to speak in a calm voice.

Suddenly his phone rang. He answered it. 

" Okay,  thanks for informing me. Bye " He said.

" Who's that? " I said looking at him.

" Fred called me that the nanny of Charlie will arrive in five minutes. Her name is Flora.  I know her from my friend. She used to babysit his baby "

" Okay "

***
Flora arrived at my mini house.  She's a middle-aged woman with a blonde hair.  I introduce myself to her including Charlie.  I let her held Charlie and he cries.  Flora comforts him and he stops crying.  I instruct her what toys he plays and the food.

" You don't need to instruct her.  She's a pro, Lanie. Believe me.  " Ric interrupts.

" Okay...  Flora, Charlie is a heavy sleeper"

" I see... It's no hassle to deal with, unlike those typical babies.  You're lucky to have a child like him, Ms. Lanie "

"  Yeah... " I said with a smile. 

Afterwards,  we take our lunch together. It was a lovely lunch with her.  Then, she put Charlie to sleep in his room before she left.  Her work will start tomorrow. 

It's me and Ric alone in the living room.  I told him that I want to see my real mom.  He escorted me to his room where he brought me before. 

" My mom is here?" I asked curiously. 

" No.  I want to show the picture of your mom "

He pointed the thin woman with golden brown hair. I wasn't expecting that's her, my mom. We have same nose and eyes. But the color of our hair is different.

" How about my dad? "

" He died "

" Have I seen my dad? "

" Yes"

" My fake dad died either.  He is nice and cool dad"

" Where's my real mom, by the way? "

" She's in a coma until now. This year is her 10 years coma"

" Do you think she will wake up next year or this year? "

" I hope... When you were gone she was in depression...believing you are dead.  She's drinking and trying to kill herself.  The cause of her coma is diabetes and alcohols. Aunt Annie helped me to find you  " My poor mom. 

" Does Ms. Blake knows I'm here? "

Richard turned his head to face him. He gave me sad look.

" No.  She doesn't believe me even though she helped me. She even trusts Officer Jerry than me. Officer Jerry hasn't found any evidences of you"

" But why? "

" I don't know.  Probably,  he thinks I'm crazy or tired of searching you"

" How did she help you? "

" Actually, I force her to help me...to work you in our company. It was perfect timing that we are hiring event head. Have you noticed how I wrote the letter? "

" Yes... I thought it was a scam. That's my first time to receive a letter from the company and who never thought that the company will wait for me just to work there! "

" That day I'm so happy because she let you work in our company "

" But a substitute event head "

" I wasn't expecting that she will hire you a substitute.  I know you are disappointed. I'll try my best to help you"

" Does she likes me? "

" Yes, she appreciates your work.  Keep doing it!  "

" I will, " I said with a smile. 

***

Ric and I are strolling in the garden while talking.

" What if Ms. Blake found me here "

" She can't find you here.  She doesn't know the secret door"

" Okay. So, how I can enter the house?"

" You will use the secret door. Just remember where we went a while ago.  I hired a driver for you.  He's also your personal guard.  His name is Fred. He will approach you outside as you get out the building. I already instruct him"

" Just one car? no other car will follow? "

" No.  Fred will not go with you as you wish.  He will be watching you. I'll call him right now "

" Fred meet me at the garden now "

While waiting for him to come.  I sat on the bench.  Minute later, Fred arrived.

" Lanie, this is Fred your personal bodyguard and a driver" He is middle-aged man with black skin and black hair.  His body is like David Beckham. 

" I'm Lanie,  nice to meet you " I stood up and offers my hand to him.

" Nice to meet you too,  Ms. Blake " He accepts my gesture then we shake hands. 

" Oh,  please just call me Lanie"  I pulled out my hand from his. 

" Okay, Lanie "

" Fred,  make sure no one knows that she is an heiress. Did you hear that cousin? " His gaze shifted to me. 

" I heard it clearly "

Fred excused himself and left us alone. 

" I'm curious why you don't want the people in the company know that I'm an heiress beside from Aunt Blake? "

" Roger has escaped from the jail. He might do something bad to you "

" Who the hell is Roger? " I gave him confused look. 

" Who burnt our house in London. He's trying to kill us"

" Why he is trying to kill us? "

" I don't know what's the exact reasons "

" Seriously? " that's unbelievable

" Yes "

" So,  my new life is filled with many secrets "

" Actually, the Blake family story is complicated"

" To be honest, I don't want to be an heiress"

" Someday you'll gonna love it"

" I never like this because I know what does it like to be an heiress!  I wasn't expecting this. I prefer my old life. The ordinary me. 

" Well, your fate is here. You have no choice "

" I can do something and I will convince my real mom when she wakes up "

" So, what makes you scared of being an heiress, by the way?"

" Arrange marriage " What if Blake family know Jerry Millers.

" I see... By the way,  may I know who's the father of your son? "

" you don't know?  " I'm surprised.  I thought he already know it.

" No"

I bite my lower lip before I speak. I have to tell him now. "Jerry Millers, the son of the Fordo Company"

" Oh my God " He looked stunned.

" Does Blake knows Millers? "

" Yes"

" Ric, help me.  I don't want to marry him if ever, please "

" But how about Charlie? "

" It doesn't matter.  He disowns him.  He divorced me when he found out that his father is alive. He's not a good man!  He chose the money over us. "  I pleaded.

" But the heiress needed to marry someone "

"  I know.  Jerry is marrying someone else, it's Amanda Meyers, that's means I will not marry him. 

" If his father knows that you are alive.  There is a possibility he can cancel the marriage"

" But how?"

" Far as I remember,  your mom made a promise.  I can't tell you all the legit details yet.  But it's a fact that your mom made a promise to the Millers"

" I hate my new life " I frowned at him and I walked out.

Oh my fucking God!  This is the worse. I prefer my old life even I'm not rich.  Average life but I have the freedom to do anything, unlike my new life.  Tied up by the promises that my mom made a promise with the Millers.  Personal bodyguard with me.  Hiding my identity for Roger. Who the hell is him? My life is filled with secrets.  First lies and now secrets. 

What a life. 

Don't forget to vote and comment

Advance Merry Christmas :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...