The Day Before Goodbye

Av Thymajesty

Hey! This is my first story can't wait to share it with you all. It is Way different then any fairytale story... Mer

1-I have to say Hello?
2-When life gives you lemons try to make lemonade
3-Popular
4-True friend
5-The Truth Hurts
6-Project Emotions
7- Family Feud
8-Hospital Visit
9-Mind of a Boy
10-Mama Mia!
11-Back to School
12-Forgive and Forget
13-Knocked Out
14-Surprise Party
15-Party Time Sadness
16- Party Time Sadness Part 2
17-Seriously...Again?
18-What happened?
19- Bad
20-Bestie
21-Cliche Times
22-Me against the World
23-Brave
24- Worth It
25- March 24
26- Surprise for Rachel
28-Let her go
29-Just Another Day
30- I'm an idiot
31- What are you doing?
32-Family is Forever
33-What's Going On?
34-I'll find you
35- Cupid...It's you.
36-See You Later
Did you Know?
UPDATE

27- Dinner Plans

62 5 0
Av Thymajesty

I can't believe what's happening right now. Me Rachel King was sitting right next to Jake doing homework at my house. Shocked wasn't even close to what I was feeling.

Suddenly I felt my feet being lifted. "What are you doing?" Jake was currently putting my legs on him as if he was my couch.

"Relax you look stiff, lay down on the couch." I did as I was told and proceeded on with my homework. Mom was in the kitchen fixing groceries.

Today was one of those days when everyone was home, surprisingly even Jaden was here, and then out of nowhere we heard a loud scream coming from upstairs. Everyone ran downstairs to the staircase.

"Which King is hurt?" Everyone was downstairs except for Violet. She came running downstairs all jumpy, and nervous.

"What happened?" Everyone said in unison.

"His mom, Xavier wants me to meet his mom and have dinner and all that jazz. Jaden you've got to come with me." Violets eyes were pleading like she really liked Xavier.

"No way I'm a guy if you didn't realise. I'm not going to your boyfriends house." He scrunched his face up in disgust. I swear my brother could be the most immature person in the world.

"How about you Rachel?" All eyes were on me this time. My sister had been picking me up almost everyday after school it was the least I could do.

"Of course." Violet gave a happy squeal and was jumping in excitement. In the corner of my eyes though I saw Jake's face saddened.

"Under one condition though." She stopped jumping and looked at me.

"What?"

"Jake gets to come with." Jake's face turned red when everyone looked at him.

"Oh even better of course he can come. The more the merrier now go dress up in your fanciest clothes. And you can borrow some of Jadens clothes."

"What? But-"

"Listen up you jerk face you won't go with me then you are going to let him borrow your clothes or I promise I will haunt you every night you go to sleep, just like I did when we were younger." She grasped Jadens shirt and gave him the stare down of his life as if to dare him to say no.

"Fine gosh. Don't mess with Violet when she's got boyfriend problems. Come on." Jake and Jaden went upstairs and I did the same getting ready. Well this night is going to be interesting.

*****************************

I decided to go all out with my clothes. I wore a red lace party dress with black ballet flats. I waved my hair for the occasion and put it to one side, and decided to wear Jake's superman necklace.

I walked downstairs to find my sister in almost the same exact thing as me, but her dress was peplum. She turned around and gave me a quick glance, and began to laugh.

Soon everyone began to laugh. "Great minds think alike." Violet commented.

"You two look like each other so much, well dark brown hair and blue eyes and all. I have to take a picture." Mom pulled out the camera and began to take off guards like a mad woman.

"Now with the cute couple." Mom pushed Jake to me and we began taking pictures together. He was wearing his khaki pants,with my brothers red plaid shirt and a navy blue button sweater. All in all he looked pretty hot. Soon as we got more comfortable he wrapped his arm around my waist and I immediately stiffened.

"Hey! Keep your hands where I can see 'um." My dad gave a Jake a serious and Jake quickly removed his hand from around me. I rolled my eyes at dad missing the warmth that only his arm sent to my whole body.

After a few pictures we left the house. "Why are we going so early?" I asked Violet.

"Step one of impressing the family you show up fifteen minutes early. You're not to early that they think you've been doing nothing all day, but you're not late." My sister is a genius.

She stopped the car in front of the Smith residence. "Rachel promise me you'll be the smart, talented girl you are and call 911 if I have a heart attack." I held out my pinky finger, "I promise." She interlocked my pinky with hers and all three of us got out the car walking near the houses front door.

Violet knocked the door and almost immediately the door swung open showing Xavier with his red hair messed up in a good way. He looked just as nervous as Violet did his face being extremely red.

"Fifteen minutes early you know this family too well." He said.

"I hope you didn't mind if I brought Rachel, and Jake with me." He looked and smiled.

"Of course not. You know you two kind of look like each other when you dress the same?"

"We know." Both Violet and I said in unison. We entered the room, and were greeted by Ms.Smith, and her husband Alexander. He had red hair just like Xavier I guess that's where he got it from. Oh Alex and Alexander I get it now.

We entered the dinner room and found Alex already sitting at the table. I took a seat next to him.

"Hey."

"Hey." His smile was amazing. It wasn't one of those smirks or playful smiles it was just a real sincere smile. Wait what was I doing again?

I saw Jake take a seat next to me, and Alex's smile quickly changed into a deep scowl. "Why's he here?"

"Well he was at my place when Violet asked me to come here, and I kind of felt bad so I invited him so I wouldn't get bored when I was over here." His jaw clenched at my statement.

"That's not what I meant. You're not boring it's just I didn't think you'd be here even though it's a family dinner and your well you are the family." I exhaled deeply I hated rambling it was real annoying when I did that. I began to play with the superman charm I was wearing and quickly Alex recognised.

"You know you never told me who gave you that necklace." He said sending me a boyish smirk.

My face got red realising that Jake was the one who gave it to me. Yah I've got a good idea that Alex won't be too happy to hear that.

So we ate we laughed, and had small conversations with each other the dinner was going great so far.

Mrs.Smith began to laugh out of no where and we all looked at her like she was crazy.

"What's so funny mom?" Alex asked. I took a drink of water, since I felt parched.

"I find it adorable how you and Xavier are both dating sisters." The water I was drinking almost shooting out through my nose as I was coughing.

Violet and Xavier began to laugh, and so did Mr.Smith. "Did I say something wrong?"

When I finally caught my breath I explained, since nobody else was going to. "I don't go out with Alex." Mrs.Smith looked at me as if trying to say sorry.

"I'm so sorry dear. It's just the way he talks about you all the time you would understand why I thought the way I did." My face turned red at her words. He actually thought about me? I turned around and found Jake's jaw clenched. His features quickly softened and his eyes directed to my neck. "You wore the necklace I gave you?"

"Well of course I did. I love it, I wear it." He flashed me a sincere smile, and Mrs.Smith began to talk again.

"And don't get me started with the older one..." Xavier stood up quickly and grabbed Violets wrist.

"Okay we're are leaving now."

"But you haven't eaten dessert yet." Violet got up a d turned to Mrs.Smith's direction.

"Now what exactly did he say?" She began to laugh a little as she asked the question.

"Nothing let's go!"

"But you-"

"But nothing." With that they quickly left the room so it was just us kids and the parents.

"So Rachel how has everything been lately? With you know..."

"With PTSD?" Both Alex and Jake flinched as they heard the four letter word come out my mouth. "Yah it kind of sucks but nothing I can't live with. I've got a great family and amazing friends so I'm getting by pretty good. I know the family is worrying about me, but they try to not make it a big deal since I don't."

"Friends as in plural? I assume Alex would be one of them?" She looked at Alex as if her gaze was saying if you're not friends with this sad girl I'm going to punish you.

"Yah I guess Alex is my friend." I said with a bit of realisation.

Mrs.Smith gave us ice cream and we watched some movies right now we were in the middle of smurf 2. I was sat in between Jake and Alex it was kind of awkward. They hated each others guts but I couldn't wrap it around my head why. They fought for me as people said, but neither boy liked me at least that's what I think.

"Thanks for wearing the necklace I gave you. I thought you'd never wear it." I was playing with the charm like I usually did. I don't know why, but the charm just was my charm something that Jake gave to me, and no one else.

"You gave her that?" Alex asked.

"Yah why?"

Uh oh I don't like where this conversation is going. "Nothing it's just that it's kind of cheap, and plastic." My eyes were huge. How could he say that to Jake? I knew they hated each other but for ever that reason you should keep it to yourself. Especially when we were at his house.

"Alex! What's your problem?" His eyes weren't it's natural gray anymore they were more of a dark color.

"It's okay Rachel. Look man that necklace wasn't cheap I got the charm made for her myself. Sorry if I didn't wanna brag about the price I thought all that mattered was the thought even if it did cost a lot of money. You don't care about the money when you're doing something for someone you lo-care about." I turned toward Jake's direction and just looked into his dark brown eyes. Wow I didn't know he cared about me, he was probably just saying that though.

"What chick-flick did you get that from?" I looked at Alex with the most serious face I could pull off.

"Alex, are...are you my friend?"

"Yes."

"Jake are you my friend?"

"Yes." He said with his crooked smile.

"Okay than. Why can't you two just get along. He came to your house not calling you out, being respectful, and everything. And out of nowhere you're being a bigger jerk than I thought you were. You know I actually thought you were nice, but looks like a piece of Melanie rubbed off on you. If you were really my friend you would get along with my friends." The room was quiet for a sec.

"And I like the charm, couldn't care less how much it cost. It was a present a nice gesture you should try it sometimes." As if right on cue Xavier and Violet came in.

"Whose ready to go home?!"Violet asked.

I stood up from the couch, and Jake doing the same followed me out of the house.

"Tell your parents thanks for the ice cream and the movie. They're pretty cool." He held out his hand and I did the same giving each other high fives.

"No problem."

We got into the car driving through the night. "I owe you guys big time. Thanks sis your the best now let's drop you home." She said to Jake.

"Rachel can I ask you a question?" I nodded my head yes.

"Since when did you become best friends with my boyfriend?"

"Since the day I figured out he was in love with you." My sister looked at me, trying to see if I was bluffing, when she finally realised I was serious I said, "and don't even try to deny that you don't feel the same way."

"I won't."

"Great."

***********

Alex's POV

***********

I've messed up again with Rachel. When I saw her walk out the room with Jake by her side my heart kind of hurt. It reminded me of the night when she almost killed herself. Jake was there protecting her and knew everything that was going on. While I on the other hand didn't know what was going on, and didn't know why she was acting the way she was.

But she sang to me, I knew that had to be something. That night was the first night in weeks that I saw her so vulnerable. She had to feel something about me if she sang to me and not anyone else.

I can't let Jake take the only thing I care about. Not again at least.

"You said something stupid didn't you?" I turned and gave my brother a twisted look.

"I could tell Rachel kind of looked pissed off. Dude you like this girl right?"

"Yah."

"Then show her. Rachel's a cool kid don't let Jake take your woman."

"Xavier you don't get it. Jake knows her better than I do just look at them together. She brought him to the dinner knowing I was going to be here. And she'd rather hang out with him than me. she's the first girl ever that doesn't like me, but that doesn't even begin to explain why I like her."

"Than you fight." My brother took a step towards me. "What happened to my brother the one that didn't take no as an answer. The one who didn't care what he had to do to get a girl. You like Rachel than fight for her."

He was right I needed to get myself back. I'm not letting Jake win her over not without a fight. And I know exactly how.

Jake is going down, but not without a fight.

"Since when did you become an expert at these things?" I asked Xavier.

"Since the day I started loving Violet King." And with that said he went to his room.

__________________________________

Oh my gosh guys I finished reading TFIOS sadest book I've ever read in my life. I cried and everything. Soo who's team are you on? I honestly have no idea. I've got 600 something views!!! You guys are the best.

Do you think the cast for Violet and Xavier are okay? Tell me what you think.

READ, COMMENT, AND VOTE!!!

Love,

Thymajesty Xl

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
534 23 28
"It must be quite something, a feeling like this... it is quite something. Wanting someone for so long that in your head they were yours and with som...
464 21 18
The story about how I found the most unlikely love, in the most unlikely place. Beware because this story is about to get super awkward. I know chur...
247K 4.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...