The Dragon Master Part I: Rew...

By Snapmite1998

Hiccup is banished from Berk for befriending a dragon, a Vikings mortal enemy, rejected for the last time, Hi... More

Chapter 1: Banished
Chapter 2: New path
Chapter 3: Growing in numbers
Chapter 4: A new home
Chapter 5: Raids
Chapter 6: Let the hunt begin
Chapter 7: Lay low
Chapter 8: Reflect
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Preparations
Chapter 11: Mom?
Chapter 12: A deadly alliance
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Glory to Rome
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Three years later
Chapter 18: Treachorous plot
Chapter 19: Returning home
Chapter 20: Blast from the past
Chapter 21: Thoughts
Chapter 22: Forgiveness
Chapter 23: S.P.Q.R
Chapter 24: Plans in motion
Chapter 25: Family drama
Chapter 26: Dragon training
Chapter 27: I love you
Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island
Chapter 29: Making up and eliminate conspirators
Chapter 30: Jealousy
Chapter 31: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part I
Chapter 32: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part II
Chapter 33: Marriage
Chapter 34: Scoping out the situation
Chapter 35: Red Death
Chapter 36: Celebrations and captured
Chapter 37: Prisoners
Chapter 38: Thick tension
Chapter 39: Betrayed
Chapter 40: Darker forces

Chapter 13: Hope

10.6K 181 9
By Snapmite1998

(Hiccups pov)

I was tossing and turning in my bed, I was dreaming, of how my present self was living on Berk right now. I found myself in my old room, I looked at the drawings scattered across my desk, I heard rustling downstairs and took a look.

Stoick. The man who I once called father. I walked past him and left my former home, Berk was in shambles. Possibly due to the intensity of the dragon raids. I noted Gobber, pounding away at metal like there was no tomorrow, I smiled slightly, Gobber was more of the father figure in my life more so than Stoick. I spotted my smug little cousin Snotlout and his lap dogs; they were doing what they do best, preying on those different, and in this place, they were picking on Gustav Larson. I also noticed Astrid, watching Snotlout and his friends as they picked on Gustav, but she did nothing.

Those animals haven't changed one bit.

I don't know why I even hoped they'd be capable of change. But then again, change can be a very difficult thing, and for Vikings? They won't change when dragons are in the picture. They will kill all dragons and think that they'll be immortalized, but no, they'll be known for killing off amazing creatures.

Astrid was being praised with laurels, even being named "The Pride of Berk." I wonder how many dragons she's killed to earn such a pointless title, I inspect her head to toe. She's matured all right, no more baby fat, her braid is now over her shoulder, and she's dressed in her traditional spiked skirt and shoulder pads but her tunic is black and she has hood connected to her pads. When I was younger, I'd probably drool in lust at the sight of her.

But now?

I still love her.

Astrid was the girl I wanted. Who I still want. But how could she be with me? She's a Viking, an enemy to dragons. And I'm not a Viking and friend to all dragons. I groan in frustration, this is complicated.

I can only hope that Astrid will realize that she killing innocent creatures that are being forced to serve the Red Death. That monster needs to die so that dragons don't keep dying to both her and Vikings.

I pray to the gods that Astrid finds me and I can express myself to her. I hope. Sleep then consumed, with dreams of Astrid an ally to dragons and by my side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 66 11
"They've caused me so much suffering. How can I trust them? Have Berkians actually change? Can dragons and Vikings actually coexist after years upon...
351K 11K 111
[BOOK 1/1] You are your average fangirl, but an outcast to your family. Your mother died when you were just 3 months old. Your father thinks you are...
105K 1.2K 26
To anyone who reads this, As it pains me to say this, I ran away from Berk. There I said it. Look, its not that I don't love being on Berk. But I ca...
11.8K 298 8
"This is Berk. We have fishing, hunting, and charming views of sunsets. The only real problems we have are our enemies; Dragons. They plague the Arch...