Divine Chaos

Av 1dream41d

Seventeen year old, Amber Hayes' world changes completely when her family moves to the affluent Cobalt Isles... Mer

Chapter 1 - A Glitzy Fresh Start
Chapter 2 - Paideia Collegiate
Chapter 3 - The Temple
Chapter 4 - Dream Or Reality?
Chapter 5 - A Blessing...And A Curse
Chapter 6 - Desperate Times
Chapter 7 - Beginning To Put The Pieces Into Place
Chapter 8 - Caught Off Guard
Chapter 9 - A Heavenly Affair
Chapter 10 - Taking Flight
Chapter 11 - A Walk In The Park
Chapter 12 - Attraction
Chapter 13 - The Oracular God
Chapter 14 - Cyprus
Chapter 15 - Skill and Strategy
Chapter 16 - Old Standards Die Hard
Chapter 18 - Immortals In Training
Chapter 19 - A Million Different Tugs
Chapter 20 - Took you long enough, Goddess...
Chapter 21 - Athena Reborn
Chapter 22 - Long Sips and Baggy Knits
Chapter 23 - Prom
Chapter 24 - Divine Chaos
Chapter 25 - Perfect Places
Chapter 26 - The Depths
Chapter 27 - Styx and Stones
Chapter 28 - Unholy
Chapter 29 - An Issue and An Arrow
Chapter 30 - Call Me Persephone
Chapter 31 - Vengeance
Chapter 32 - A City of Statues
Chapter 33 - Gorgoness
Chapter 34 - The Greatest Sacrifice
Chapter 35 - Divine Rapture
I'm Back! 2020
New Teen Fiction OUT NOW

Chapter 17 - The Olympians

2.2K 127 30
Av 1dream41d

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback so far :) I really appreciate it!

- Thanks so much! Enjoy, xoxo Andrea

Chapter 17

"Georgie?" I exclaim, as Luca, Asthore and I step into Laura's lavish lounge that evening.

The tanned, vintage loving girl I became acquainted with earlier in the week is perched on one of barstools by the kitchen. She seems awfully calm, scrolling through her phone and picking away at a bowl of grapes on the counter-top. I guess Laura was good at breaking the news to her.

Laura grins as Georgie glances up at us.

"Yup, this is certainly Demeter. You should see her power!"

Georgie rolls her eyes, "It's not much. Compared to what you guys can do, but alright then."

We all watch as she points cautiously at the bowl of grapes. Suddenly, the empty stalks that had had grapes torn from them, become replenished. Juicy grapes growing back in their place.

"It's awesome, right?" Laura gushes, "We've got a never-ending food supply!"

"Well, I'd call that the best talent of the lot." Luca grins, striding over to the counter and grabbing a bundle of grapes out of the bowl.

Asthore nods in agreement, "I'd say."

I turn to Laura, "Have you- "

"Invited the others?" She answers, cutting in as she reads my thoughts again, "Yup. I did that a while ago. They should all be here soon."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Wonderful! I can't believe it, we've found everyone."

She shakes her head, "Not everyone. There are certainly some other gods floating around."

"The owl in my dream did mention that." I sigh.

"I know. When I was out with the girls today, Tori's thoughts were troubled. I think she's been through something too."

"Well." I mumble, "Maybe we'll get some more answers tonight, then we can figure out how to deal with everything."

"Something terrible is coming." Laura breathes, sending a shiver through me. "I can feel it."

My eyes widen and I nudge her, "Laura! Stop it, you're freaking me out."

She presses her fingers against her temples, "I'm sorry. People think some messed up things. It freaks me out a bit."

I place a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I know. I'm sorry Laura. Surely we'll be able to find a way to get everything back to normal soon."

She nods slowly and crosses over to the kitchen, rummaging around in the draws until she pulls out a pack of Panadol.
"I've got a bit of a headache. I'll be in the sitting room when you need me."

Luca, Asthore, Georgie and I smile understandingly, watching as our friend exits the room with a glass of water and a couple of pills.

Luca glances at me from across the counter, resting his muscular arms against the wooden top.

"I know, I know." I groan, "I can see that these powers aren't going to be ideal in the long run."

"Poor Laura." Georgie sighs, replenishing the bowl of grapes for us again.

The four of us wait for the others, picking away at the grapes in silence, suddenly very concerned of what's to come.

For all of us.

***

It takes twenty minutes for everyone to arrive.

Selina and Damian saunter in first, followed by Ashlyn, Emma, Callia and Andrew. Lyke arrives a minute later, his shirt and hair ruffled from the run over.

We all congregate in the sitting room, filling up the couches and chairs as we all find somewhere comfy to sit.

Here we are, the twelve Olympians.

"So, what now?" Ashlyn asks, twiddling her slender thumbs.

Everyone looks to me.

My eyes widen, "Err...Guys, I don't know any more than you."

Selina giggles a little, "What are we all doing here anyway? I thought we were going to get some more information on what the hell is going on in this town."

"So did I." I explain, "I'm not entirely sure what we do now."

"Well." Emma starts, pulling out a tin from her bag, "I brought cookies!"

Everyone laughs at our preppy friend.

"Of course you did." Callia grins, "You're a star Emma. This is the best reason for a meeting ever – A home baking meeting."

"You know..." Selina murmurs, "We could just have drinks?"

Damian nods in agreement, "Great idea honey, that sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening."

Luca scoffs, "Calm down lovebirds."

Laura senses something that the rest of us can't and quickly stands up, "Nope! Selina is right. Drinks it is."

My eyes narrow as she hurries into the kitchen, Luca and Lyke trailing after her to help. Something is up, I'm just not entirely sure what it is.

Andrew takes a seat beside me while we wait. After the eventful day I've had, it's nice to have him by my side again.

"So, you've completed your goal." He grins, giving me a friendly pat on the back.

I smile, "Thanks. I can't believe everyone is here. It's quite a feat. Have you figured out what your talent is yet?"

He shakes his head.

"Nah, not yet. It's annoying me. I heal quickly like you, but nothing 'special' has happened."

"Well, when it does, I hope your power isn't an inconvenience to you." I sigh.

He's about to say something, when suddenly, his eyes roll back in his head.

"Guys?! GUYS?!" I shout, my voice rising an octave as I stare at my incapacitated friend.

Laura, Lyke and Luca rush back into the room as everyone else crowds around Andrew.

What the hell?!

I stare at everyone, crouching down beside Andrew and checking for a pulse.

"What's going on?! Does anyone here know CPR?!"

Asthore kneels down beside me, "I do, Amber. But I don't think he's dying."

"THEN WHAT IS HAPPENING TO HIM?!"

I lean over Andrews body and shake it a little, "Please! Please wake up!"

Someone reaches out and grabs me around the waist, pulling me off Andrew and distancing me from the scene. I wriggle about in their grasp.

"Calm down Amber."

It's Lyke, clutching onto me.

Asthore suddenly gets up himself and takes a few steps back while we all wait for something. Anything!

"It's going to be fine." Lyke murmurs in my ear.

Selina squeals as Andrew suddenly jerks upright and comes to stand before us. His eyes still white cloudy spheres.
"The time has arrived."

My brow furrows, and we all stare at him, waiting for him to say something else.

"They're coming."

"What's coming?!" I gasp, freaking out.

"The spear was a lock. When you picked it up, you broke the seal. They were all unleased. Now they're coming for you."

Everyone looks at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I snap, "Does he have anything else to say? Andrew, what can we do?"

"You must prepare for battle. You're not alone. There are allies around you."

"Do you know when they'll be here? Whatever terrible thing is coming for us?"

"When the fates say it's so."

"When is that?!?" I shout, completely baffled.

Andrews eyes roll back and come into focus again, as the schools it boy collapses back against the couch he was standing in front of. Thank goodness it was there to break his fall.

"What was that?" He gasps, rubbing his head.

"I'll go get some water." Emma blurts, racing into the kitchen.

"You mean, you didn't just do that to freak out Amber?" Selina asks, narrowing her eyes.

Andrew looks over at me, cowering in Lyke's strong arms. I suddenly feel very awkward.

"I'm sorry Amber, I-I think it was my power. It was almost like I was possessed."

"You're Apollo, right?" Callia asks.

Andrew nods once.

"He was an oracular god. That was one of his traits...so it makes sense that this would happen to you."

"He's predicting the future, in a sense." Georgie adds, pointing at the bowl of fruit in Asthore's hands. The contents ripen up again.

Of course, I can't believe I was so freaked out when he started speaking. I researched this yesterday.

"So, if you can predict the future, can you tell us anymore about what horror Amber has released for us all?" Selina asks, crossing her slender arms over her chest as she raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me.

Andrew shakes his head, "I can't control it."

"Well, at least we'll have more of an idea of what's to come if you keep spouting off like that." Lyke chuckles, "It's pretty funny seeing your friend possessed."

Andrew rolls his eyes and graciously takes the glass of water Emma returns with, "Oh Ha Ha, Lyke. At least I can still compete in a race."

"Whatever." Lyke scoffs, "I'm going to finish making those drinks."

Laura follows him and the two of them exit the room again.

I sigh, a little overwhelmed with what is going on around me.

"So," Ashlyn starts, "how long do you think we've got until this battle?"

"Do you think we're ever going to be ready for battle?" Emma asks, "I mean, look at us. We're just a bunch of teens."

Everyone is looking at me again, like I'm going to be the one to lead us on the path to success. Which is never going to happen, I can't even figure myself out right now, and I panic at the drop of a hat.

"I don't know. Hopefully Andrew will give us some more information in due course."

He nods and takes a sip from his drink, "Oh joy, can't wait to lose all my senses again."

"I guess we'd better get training then?" Damian interjects. He's busy giving Selina a massage at the end of the couch, trying to calm his girlfriend down.

"Yup." I mumble, "I guess we've got to figure out how to use these powers to the best of our abilities."

"For all we know, you could've put the whole town at risk." Selina mutters.

Ashlyn gives her a dirty look, "Stop blaming Amber. She didn't know what she was doing when we all got mixed up in this."

"I promise I'll get us all out of it." I tell them.

"We know you will." Emma comforts me, "I have complete faith in you."

"Thank you." I reply.

"There's a lot at stake. But I think we can do it. I guess we'd better figure out some training days?"

"And how to get through the rest of the year!" Selina adds.

"Exams are still paramount." Georgie reminds us, "I'm not letting my grades slip for this."

"I've still got swimming practice; competitions are coming up soon..." Asthore interjects.

"Right, of course!" I tell them all, "We'll all be fine working around that."

"You've forgotten the most important event of the semester!" Selina yells, silencing the room.

"I'm being extremely generous by giving up my time to help you all, but there is one event I am NOT going to miss this year."

My brow furrows, "Err, care to share what that is?"

"Prom." She growls, "No one is taking that crown from me."

Perfect. Just perfect.

We've got a battle to prepare for, no doubt more gods to stumble upon. But at the same time, we must continue with our normal lives, and make sure Selina wins prom queen.

Oh, it's looking like one hell of a semester.

~~~~

A/N

Just a wee note, the next chapter will be taking a bit of a jump. I hope you'll all enjoy it though!

I'd love some feedback on this one though! So here are some questions...

1) How do you think these guys are going to develop their powers?

2) What on earth is 'coming' for them?

3) Who's power would you most like to have? (or spear...in Amber's case.)

Until tomorrow, xoxo

~ Andrea

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

46K 1.4K 25
ೃ⁀➷ ┃ 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 - percy jackson 彡 ❝ Okay 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔, what do you suggest now, huh? ❞ ❝ Wow 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒎, that's original kelp head...
13.7K 322 44
In which a greek mythology obsessed girl decides to put her knowledge to good use (?) and rewrite the myths in her own way (but still accurate to the...
307 21 11
Amara is not your unsuspecting, ordinary girl next door. She's a goddess. A wanted one at that, and she's been trying to hide this fact ever since h...
468 62 36
The Gods and Goddess on Mt Olympus have been known to toy with humans out of boredom. But what happens when they are cursed to be born into human for...