Kiss with a fist (completed)

vgcampos द्वारा

"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine... अधिक

Important Author's Note
Cast
Prologue: Peripeteia
Chapter 1: Dog days are over
Chapter 2: Coffee Talk
Chapter 3: Rise and shine
Chapter 4: What kind of man
Chapter 5: Partners
Chapter 6: In four words
Bonus Scene (Chapter 6.5)
Chapter 7: Tell lies day
Chapter 8: Only if for a night
Chapter 9: Various Storms & Saints
Chapter 10: Where did the party go?
Chapter 11: Last Damn night
Chapter 12: Tear in my heart
Chapter 13: House of Memories
Chapter 14: The Anchor
Chapter 15: Feel again
Chapter 16: Alone together
Chapter 17: Interruptions
Chapter 18: Build god, then we'll talk
Chapter 19: Send them off
Chapter 20: Something just like this
Chapter 21: Feel so close
Chapter 22: Somebody told me
Chapter 23: Liability
Chapter 24: Count on me
Chapter 25: Unsolicited advice
Chapter 26: Cosmic Love
Chapter 27: Things We Lost In The Fire
Chapter 28: The Kids Aren't Alright
Chapter 29: Over My Head
Chapter 30: Don't You Know Who I think I am?
Chapter 31: The Judge
Chapter 32: Trouble Is A Friend
Chapter 33: Cold, Cold, Cold
Chapter 34: Wherever I go
Chapter 35: Smile
Chapter 36: Love Is Mystical
Chapter 38: Do I Wanna Know?
Chapter 39: 20 Dollar nose bleed
Chapter 40: Bottled Affection
Chapter 41: Dream
Chapter 42: You get what you give
Chapter 43: Dancing's not a crime
Epilogue: Miracle mile

Chapter 37: I Write Sins Not Tragedies

11.7K 499 219
vgcampos द्वारा

“I really want to help you out, but it’s difficult when you don’t give me all the details.”

“I can’t! Some of the stuff doesn’t concern just me.” I huff and lay my forehead down on the cool wooden desk.

I could probably fall asleep right here since I didn’t sleep well last night. Too many things going on my mind and too much crap happening all at once.

As soon as my alarm went off this morning, I called Ann and asked her to meet me at the library before classes so we could chat.  She’s the only one I have to confide in right now and to be honest,I’ve missed her. She’s still my best friend.

The only issues I can really openly discuss are my long lost uncle and my living situation. I wanted her advice on how to explain to Alex that he probably has a stepsister, but I couldn’t ask it that way. I had to be pretty vague about it which annoyed her.

All she said was that it’s better for me to tell him whatever I know before someone else does. It’s almost ironic since it seems that everyone was or is on the same boat. Ann should have told me about how she knew who I was when we met, Alex should notify Jax about their mom reappearing, and now I have to inform Alex what I saw. I’m not even sure if I should mention his father’s “bribe” in all this.

Everything I just processed is fucking confusing and I feel like I have a migraine.

“Okay, let's start with the most pressing problem, like what the hell are you going to do about housing?” Ann asks with a whispered tone.

“I’m pretty sure no one is listening to me complain about my problems. No need to whisper.” I mutter.

Ann and I are sitting at the table farthest away from the library’s entrance for privacy. It’s also mostly empty with just a few students scattered throughout studying or pretending to while playing mindless games on the computer.

The only one eyeing us is the elderly librarian. She watches everyone like a hawk. I personally like to imagine that she thinks all of us are part of an undercover ring to steal the university’s precious textbooks. It would explain many things.

This is a movie that basically writes itself.

I start laughing at my own thoughts until Ann speaks up again.

“Are you crying? Everything is going to be fine. I will help you no matter what I-” She starts, but I hold up my hand to stop her concerned rambling.

“I’m not crying.” I sit up and snort.

“You are a strange one.” She rolls her eyes and tears out a piece of paper from her spiral notebook. “Can I borrow your pen?”

“Sure.” I shrug and pass her my favorite black ink pen. By the time I complete my sentence, she’s already scribbling like a mad woman on the paper. “What are you doing?”

“I’m brainstorming and writing down the answers to all your problems. Good news is you have plenty of options. Well, at least three.”

“Options? I have those? Go on…” I motion intrigued.

Maybe Ann’s a wizard and magically thought of something I haven’t yet. So far, the only thing I have came up with is to quit school and cry in a corner in the fetal position.

“Plan A is to tell Alex of your predicament. You know he will help you. Plus, you two would probably end up living together at some point anyways.”

“No. He’s busy with other things.” I don’t say specifically since again, it isn’t for me to tell. His family issues are private. I’m not about to act like a gossip by spilling everything to Ann.

“What things? He’s not going to let you be homeless. Don’t make me call him.” She threatens with a pointed look.

I know she would, so I briefly consider throwing her phone into the deep end of a swimming pool so she can’t tattle tale. Then again, we all go to the same fucking school.

“Ann, let that go. Even if he weren’t occupied with other things, it’s too early in the relationship to move in together.”

“Are you planning on never living with the person you’re dating?”

“It’s not that, I would just want to wait until we’ve been together at least a year. What happens if we break up? I would really be homeless then.” I mumble.

“Okay, miss pessimist. Why would you guys break up? Stop with all this negativity. I will drop this plan for now. I have plan B.This one entails telling your aunt about the situation. I’m positive she will give you some cash to help out.”

I exhale loudly before dropping my head on the table for the second time.

“Now what?” Ann asks probably irritated that none of her “plans” are working out.

“I’m not going to bother Angela with my financial issues. I don’t want that burden on her. It’s not like she’s rich either. What’s plan C?”

“That’s it. I didn’t come up with anything else. I was hoping you would hear one of these and pick. I only said I had three to sound like I knew what I was saying. Then again, these were pretty obvious. I got nothing.” She even holds up her paper that had the plans listed, which are now crossed out.

“I’m not utilizing plan A or B, so I’m should just go pack all my shit, quit school, and go back to San Antonio. I know I’m being dramatic, but let me be.”

It’s too late in the semester to get a dorm or find a roommate. It also takes time I don’t have. By now students have their living arrangements situated.

“Yes, you should go do that.” I hear a horribly familiar voice sneer beside me.

I have no idea where she came from, but I need her to disappear.

“Nobody invited you into this conversation Rebecca. Now do us all a favor, and go away. Or are you possibly lost? Let me help you. This is the library, it has these things called books. It’s not some building hosting one of the thousands of frat parties I know you go to.” Ann professes with fake concern.

“She might not understand sarcasm.” I remark as I pick my head off the table...again. Why can’t I have a chance to mope in peace? Is that too much to ask for? I think not.

“I’m not an idiot.” Rebecca seethes.

“Could have fooled me.” Ann whispers under her breath.

“Wow, so fucking original. I’m surprised the two of you are even talking. I saw Stephen the other day, and he told me some very interesting information. It would suck if that news spread around the school.” She smirks and I want nothing more to slap that expression off her face.

“Oh, did he mention he has a small dick? Yes, that would certainly damage his fuckboy image.” Ann deadpans and I have to bite my cheek to keep from laughing.

“You know what I’m talking about.” She snaps in response. Rebecca seems annoyed that her declaration was ignored.

“Do I?” I question before dropping the facade. “All I know is that if you tell people my personal business, they will also hear about the time you thought a math problem was referencing a dessert instead of pi. I recall you asking me for help and wondering if they worded it wrong.” That was the first time I felt bad for her and was puzzled on how she was even accepted into college.

It’s an empty threat since I’m not like her, but I hope she doesn’t see through that.

“Whatever.” Is all she comments before marching off, jet black hair flying everywhere.

She’s probably returning to whichever cave she came from. Good riddance.

“Well, that was fun.” I remark sarcastically, already done with this whole week.

“So, Ethan texted me after you called today. Said you had certain plans this Saturday.” Ann states with no segue, catching me off guard.

The sudden switch of topics could have given me whiplash.

“Yes, but I already regret agreeing. I have too much to deal with.”

“Nah, everything will work out in the end. You’re not going to be homeless. As your best friend, I won’t allow it. Wait, I have a plan C.” She lights up and claps her hands together.

“An actual plan C?”

“Yes, for real this time. I only briefly thought about it then forgot since I was sure you were going to go live with Alex. What if I move in with you? We can be roommates. The only reason I live at the dorms is because it’s easier and finding good apartments nearby is hard. I’m sure they will let me leave since I can just complain about Eva’s constant smoking. I can say I’m concerned about my health.”

“I mean, yeah. I guess.”

I briefly thought about it as too before shutting it down. I didn’t think she would want to go from living at a place that’s already paid for, to a place with monthly rent.

“Unless you don’t want too. I know things have been weird between us.”

“No, it will work. I think it’s time to move on from some things. I missed our friendship.” I confess.

“Me too. I’m glad you called me today.”

“Thanks for coming to the rescue. I was about to lose my mind.” I take a peek at the time on my phone and realize I’m about to be late to class. “I have to go now. I’ll message you later about moving in.” We quickly say our goodbyes before I grab my stuff and dash to creative writing.

I make it in just as Mr. Hall is about to close the door.

“Glad you made it, Jenny.” He smiles and motions for me to come in. I don’t bother correcting him since I know he won’t remember. He has over a hundred students.

Luckily Alex saved me the seat beside him by placing his backpack on it. As soon as he sees me, he moves it out of the way.

“Well, it seems like someone was almost late for class. Everything okay?”

“Yeah, I think so.” I respond with a little more optimism than I felt last night.

“Listen up, I’m going to take attendance and then let you guys go. I don’t really have anything planned for today so you can take this chance to catch up on other class work. I will be assigning a quick assignment due next week, but it’s an easy A.” Mr. Hall informs the class.

After roll call, he reminds us to use this time to study and leaves. It all took less than ten minutes.

“Today’s class was a breeze.” I joke as Alex and I start leaving the room.

“Yeah. Hey I need to talk to you about something. Let’s go over there.” He points toward a wooden bench outside the building.

“What is it?” I ask with a sinking feeling in my stomach. I don’t know what he wants to discuss, but I have a feeling it’s not good.

Once we are both sitting, he sighs and says words I would have never imagined coming from him.

“I think we should break up.”

_______________________________________

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Before She Even Knows TeaInTheGarden द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

2.1M 61.7K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
Romeo and Juliet Katy Recast द्वारा

हास्य-विनोद

438 22 26
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...
4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
325K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...